when the moon is tired | โœ“ fi...

By natalienbaker

๐ข'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐จ๐ง ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐ the only way two old lovers knew how to pa... More

โฐ.โต moodboard and locations
ยน
ยฒ
ยณ
โด
โต
โถ
โท
โธ
โน
ยนโฐ
ยนยน
ยนยฒ
ยนยณ
ยนโด
ยนโต
ยนโท
ยนโธ
ยนโน
ยฒโฐ
ยฒยน
ยฒยฒ
ยฒยณ
ยฒโด
ยฒโต
ยฒโถ
ยฒโท
ยฒโธ
ยฒโน
ยณโฐ
ยณยน
ยณยฒ
ยณยณ
ยณโด
ยณโต
ยณโถ
ยณโท
ยณโธ
ยณโน
โดโฐ
โดยน
โดยฒ
โดยณ
โดโด
โดโต
โดโถ
โดโท
โดโธ
โดโน
โตโฐ
โตยน
โตยฒ
โตยณ
โตโด
โตโต
โตโถ
โตโท
โตโธ
โตโน
***
***

ยนโถ

1.9K 61 21
By natalienbaker

"hey finn, did my stuff come?"

"yeah, it came yesterday morning."

"okay, thanks again for taking
the morning off for that. i know
that was a hassle."

"no that was no problem at all.
is your flight taking off soon?"

violet chuckles through the phone at finn.

"i landed in vancouver about twenty
minutes ago."

"what? what time is it? god
ive lost track of time i guess."

"thats alright, youve had a long day."

finn could hear airport chatter framing
the call from violets end, and the sounds
of her struggling with her luggage off the
baggage claim.

"well look im going to be late tonight.
we're still recording the intro for the
album. but i left a key to our
apartment on the top of the
door frame, if you cant reach it just kick
the door and it should fall."

his voice rings to her ears. our apartment.

"sounds good."

"and you can keep it. i made an extra set
for you yesterday."

"okay, thanks ."

"yeah of course. so, i'll see you
tonight?"

"i will see you tonight."

"great, have a safe drive home."

"bye finn."

violet puts her phone to her pocket, walking around the cool, fall vancouver air just outside the airport. looking around in awaits for the uber that she ordered.

eventually, it came. helping her with her minimal things to the back of the van.

violet had gotten rid of a lot of her things. putting the large things in storage until she finds her own apartment, and moving the must haves to finns. her stuff had arrived there the previous morning.

it was all really happening, she was in vancouver to stay, and it just didnt feel real to her yet.

it was about a half an hour drive, give or take; to finns apartment from there. she wasnt nervous, she was homesick.

homesick from finn, from missing him practically every day and now; it would be put to rest. and she could be happy.

finally.

her job transfer was perhaps the easiest thing of it all. for maverick liked violet, and didn't have a problem finding her a spot in the vancouver location. a stage director; the job of a manager, without the pay.

she didn't care.

maverick still was waiting to hear back from finn.

everything was settled, and she was at peace.

violet felt herself nodding off throughout the drive, and by the time they had arrived to the apartment; it was settling dark.

she drags her luggage into the pristine lobby of finns apartment building. guiding her way to the elevator and making her way to the familiar door.

she stands just outside; sighing as she stares up to the tall door frame. violet was rather on the tall side for a girl, and still, the lengthy reach of her arms didnt reach the key.

gently, she kicks the frame as finn said. the door shakes, the key slides; but hardly. she kicked it once more. again, nothing.

eventually, she pushes her suitcase over. her black vans balance swiftly to the canvas as she jumps up to reach the key. finally, she reaches it.

violet opens the door, huffing as she rings the key to her key ring; saving it to leave the trouble for someone else.

the apartment stands dark and empty. yet still, the warmth of him rushes past her. it smelled of home. of happiness to come.

she makes herself at home, starting a pot of coffee for the long night ahead of her. for she was trying to get as much of her things out of the way before finn got home.

she notices her furniture piled to the living room corner, still wrapped in plastic wrap from the movers.

she works on moving minor things to sparatic places in hopes that that was where he would be okay with it. all up until she hears the door open to the front of the apartment.

"vi?"

"im in the livingroom!" she calls back, waiting until she sees him. he walks in, dropping his things to his feet after his long day.

"hey, how was your flight?" she goes to hug him; her arms wrap around him tightly.

"long, how was work?"

"long." he responds, looking around to the few new additional pieces.

"i made coffee if you want some, hope you dont mind."

finn shrugs, tossing his keys to the kitchen counter from the living room.
"its your place now too, make yourself at home. i dont want any though; thanks. its late and ive had a long day."

she nods,
"i was going to take the couch tonight. figured we could deal with permanent sleeping conditions tomorrow. its already pretty late."

she wanted him to say no, to insist that she share the bed with him. but he doesn't, instead, he nods.

"i don't mind the couch for tonight, i just need to sleep. i'm exhausted."

violet smiled up to him, noticing the truth from his lips at the darkness of the bags to his eyes. the raspiness of his voice.

she had missed his tired voice, practically craving it without knowing until she had it.

"you just go to your bed. i'll finish up unpacking out here and then just set up a bed for myself. i don't mind."

he sighs,
"i'm really sorry i didn't have this already taken care of for you."

"don't worry about it" she whispers,
"you've already taken care of so much."

he smiles, pulling her into a tight grasp again. taking in her settling scent within the firm hug, for neither wanted to let go.
"i'll be up first thing tomorrow to help you with the rest of your things. i promise."

she smiles up to him, still in his arms as her fingers raise from his shoulders; dusting across his curly hair.
"get some sleep finn. i'll see you in the morning."

he doesn't respond much, only pulling her closer. he swore he'd stay like that forever, in her arms. every so gently; he kisses her neck. so gently in fact, she would have missed it if she hadn't thought otherwise.

he whispers something gently to her ear; kissing her forehead and leaving down the hall sleepy eyed. violet stands warm heartedly in the center of the living room.

"welcome home violet."

1070 wc

i fell asleep twice writing this
rest in peace this plot line

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 4.9K 43
โ ๐๐ข๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ซ๐จ๐ญ๐ž? โž โ ๐ข๐ฆ ๐š๐Ÿ๐ซ๐š๐ข๐ ๐ฌ๐จ. โž an abusive relationship disguised by a band and...
34.9K 730 34
"๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ"
411K 6.5K 52
This is my second Imagines book: Finn, Mike, Richie :) Requests are closed Started April 28, 2018 Finished: June 27, 2018
64.6K 1.2K 12
"you should've told me." "i couldn't." "i would've helped." "you couldn't have, you still can't." - i wrote this book when i was youn...