Left with the Enemy

By slytheringirl6350

What if Harry and Ron weren't able to get ahold of Hermione before apparating out of Malfoy Manor? What if Dr... More

Abandoned
Cellar
Ultimatum
Deliberation
Dinner
Friendship
Chaos
Arrival
Yelling
Back
Truth
Prisoner
Found
Training
Knowledge
Mission
Changes
Authors Note
Visitor
Carrows
Informal
New
Beginings
Marks
Apologize
Flatline
Break
Destruction
Epilogue
Whatchu Want
Dark for the Better

Battle

11.5K 254 457
By slytheringirl6350

Narcissa and Lucius apparate into the room, already yelling orders.

"Good, you guys are already up. Death Eater robes and masks; move, move, MOVE!" Narcissa instructs.

"What's going on?!" Pansy exclaims, watching Lucius sprint down the hallway.

"It's happening. The battle. It's at Hogwarts," Narcissa replies.

"Why at Hogwart?" I ask quietly. Hogwarts was the first place I felt that I actually belong. I don't want it destroyed.

"That's where the Order has gathered; we have no choice. Now, stop with the questions and gear up."

We all scatter towards our rooms. In minutes, we all return to the hall dressed in our robes.

"Daphne, you're staying here," Narcissa says, looking over the group that had gathered.

"WHAT! It's the final battle you can't keep me home!" she yells.

"I'm sorry, but you're pregnant, and I can't put you in a situation with this much danger."

She storms off towards her room in a cloud of fury.

"Now, get ready to apparate: 5,4,3,2,1"

We apparate.

We arrive at the hill the overlooks Hogwarts in front of Voldemort. I walk towards Voldemort and stand in front of him.

"No murdering Harry. That applies to everyone!" I announce.

"You can't tell me who I can't murder," Voldy replies.

"Hmm... I just did. Don't murder Harry," I reply.

He rolls his eyes at me, but nods his head in agreement to my announcement.

He raises his wand to his mouth.

"Give me Harry Potter," he says after droning on for what feels like hours.

"Harry Potter is the only one who needs to di- OW where did you even get a pencil to throw at my head?!"

"I told you not to murder him," I reply.

He scowls and finishes his speech without death threats. Progress.

He sighs after an hour passes, and all they've done is strengthen the wards.

"Fine. It looks like we have to fight. DEATH EATER MASKS!"

We all lower our masks, covering our faces. I put up my hood covering my extremely recognizable hair.

"Ready and fire!"

We all raise our wands and shoot out the ward breaking spell. It falls. We scream and run towards Hogwarts.

Draco makes his way next to me and takes my hand. "Live," he says, just loud enough for me to hear it.

"Live," I reply.

Over the sound of the crowd, I can barely hear the yell that makes its way to my ear.

"FIGHT ME GRANGER!"

"LET'S GO THEN NOTT!" I reply.

We make it to the ground, and I'm immediately separated from Draco. I throw spells against faceless people. Stunning and disarming. Not deadly; they don't deserve death for misguidance.

I continue with this until the face doesn't become nameless. I get thrown off my game when a shock of red hair takes its place in front of me. Ginny.

She blows my hood off of my head and immediately falters.

"It can't be," she whispers.

I take my mask off.

"Hi Ginny," I reply quietly.

She launches herself at me and wraps her arms around me.

"You were dead. I thought you were dead; we all did."

"I'm sorry Gin. I've missed you."

"Who knew who knew that you weren't dead? At least those on our side."

"George, Fred, your mom and dad, Ron, Shaklebot, and Rabastian for sure. I'm not sure who else did."

"Who knew you were alive in a malicious way?"

She asks this carefully, fearful of the answer she's going to get.

"Everyone but Fred and George."

Her hand flies to her mouth as she chokes back tears.

"I'm so sorry Gin, that's why I'm with the Death Eaters. They're not as bad as they seem. I promise, or I wouldn't be with them."

"How did all this happen?"

"I'll explain when we're not in the middle of a battle. Ginny, you need to get out of here. Stay safe; don't fight a bad fight."

"I don't know 'Mione."

"Please. I can't lose anyone else; I can't lose you too. You don't have to leave, just find somewhere safe and stay there."

"Fine. But if I need to, I'll fight."

"I wouldn't expect anything less. I love you Ginny."

"Love you too 'Mione," she replies, walking into the castle.

I put my mask and hood on again and throw myself back into the fight.

"DAPHNE!" I screech, as I see her run by me towards Astoria, who's fighting off two Order members.

She stops in her tracks and turns around to face me.

"YOU ARE PREGNANT GO HOME!"

"If I don't fight, my child might never get to see the world as it should be," she replies before running towards the fight.

I need friends that are less insane; Daphne better stay safe.

"WAS THAT DAPHNE?!" Adrian yells, running by me.

"Yeah, she went to help Astoria," I reply.

"Idiot," he groans, running after his pregnant girlfriend.

I turn my head and immediately break out into a full sprint, running to help. But, it's too late. The spell hits, and she falls. Her eyes close, never to see light again.

I scream. I throw a spell hitting the killer. It's another Death Eater, Scabior. But I don't care. He killed my friend. And then the screaming starts. Astoria is there sobbing and screaming for the loss of her love, her soul mate, her girlfriend, her Luna.

Astoria is holding her and screaming at everyone about how she's dead now that Luna's gone. Then, Daphne is there, and is trying to pull her off because the Order is coming closer, and they aren't gonna stop. They need to move before they're dead too. So they run, and I fight because we just watched Luna die, but this is war. There isn't time to mourn yet. We have to win for her, Fred, and everyone else who has already died or is going to on this horrible night. For them.

Then, I see him battling against large number of Death Eaters. Too large. I run towards him; I can't lose him too. I can't lose Harry.

He looks scared at the sight of another Death Eater, until he hears me yell at them to back off, and his eyes widen in recognition.

He stumbles back, staring at me as I remove my hood and my mask.

"It's polyjuice. You're dead. My Hermione's dead."

"I'm not dead, Harry. They lied to you. They lied to all of you. I've been alive this whole time."

"No, they wouldn't lie to me. They wouldn't lie to me about my best friend."

"They did. I'm sorry Harry."

"Prove it. Prove you're Hermione"

"Ron ran into the woods. After he left, we danced together in the tent."

He stares at me before pulling me into his arms. I hold on tightly. I never thought I'd get to do this again. I've missed him.

His face crumples as he hugs me.

"Why did they lie? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I couldn't tell you. They would have killed me. They've already tried to kill me multiple times. This scar on my throat is from Rabastian. After he betrayed us, he came back one night and cut my throat."

"Who planned this?"

"Molly. Ron went along with her plan."

"No, no, no. He wouldn't... he couldn't... he's our best friend."

"I'm sorry, Harry."

"I can't do this right now," he mutters, running in the other direction.

Then, I hear taunting from the voice that I hate more than anyone else's.

"Drop your wand Lucius, or I'll slit your darling son's throat. Just like I did to Hermione, but worse."

Time for Rabastian to die. He has his back turned to me. How stupid. Holding my boyfriend hostage is not allowed here.

Lucius glares at Rabastian. His wand is already on the ground.

I sneak up behind him and I pull my dagger from my boot. I plan to follow through with my threat.

"Petrificus totalus," I whisper. I smile as he falls down to the ground frozen, releasing Draco in the process.

"I told you I was going to kill you," I smirk standing over him. I relish the fear in his eyes. Then, I close his eyes for good by sliding my dagger through one of them.

"For Fred," I mutter, standing up straight and looking at Draco.

"You're welcome," I say, smiling before running off towards the fight, wiping Rabastian's blood off my blade as I go.

I throw myself in another fight, when Voldemort calls us to the forest. I raise my hands to surrender before running towards the forest. I make it to the clearing and make my way over to Pansy. She's watching the forest anxiously, waiting for Marcus to appear, hoping for him to appear.

Draco arrives, and I pull him into a hug, grateful. A quick peck on the lips; then, he walks towards his father and mother.

Then, I see Blaise walking forwards through the trees, his face grave. Theo follows behind him, carrying Marcus. An obviously gone Marcus.

Tears run down my face as Pansy collapses to the ground, letting out a gut wrenching scream of agony. I kneel next to her, wrapping my arms around her as she lets out broken sobs.

Theo slowly lays Marcus down on the ground. Pansy crawls towards him and pulls his head into her lap.

"My love, you weren't supposed to do this to me," she whispers, her voice shaking slightly.

I look up, and realize I still have my mask and hood on. Hagrid is tied to a tree, staring at the scene in front of him, just now seeming to realize Death Eaters had feelings too.

"Untie him from the tree," I say, my voice void of emotion.

Voldy groans, but releases him. Hagrid didn't even notice it was me. He leaves, walking into the forest.

I try to remove Pansy from Marcus, but she's frozen staring at his face.

Astoria and Daphne arrive together, and both of their faces fall when they see Marcus. Astoria sits on the ground, staring off into space, remembering Luna.

Adrian makes his way through the woods smiling, until he sees Marcus. He collapses, as Theo and Blaise run forward to comfort him. Marcus was his best friend.

Harry walks into the clearing, faltering for a minute when he sees my head on Draco's shoulder. We're sitting against a tree, surveying our surroundings.

Voldemort points his wand at Harry.

"AVAD-"

"I told you not to murder him," I snip from my spot on the ground.

"Fine. Potter, let us use our... words."

"This is weird," Harry replies.

Harry surrenders, but the war isn't over. Molly still won't call an end to this. We have to keep fighting. Harry's going to find Ginny, and they're going to apparate away.

Pansy leans heavily on me as we walk towards Hogwarts. Draco's on my other side, holding my hand.

Then, we're firing spells again. Fighting again. Losing people again.

We fight our way into the Great Hall.

"Why do you continue to fight when your own hero has abandoned you? He left, due to the treachery of your own people."

Voldemort's voice booms through the room.

Suddenly, I levitate into the air and over to Voldemort.

"That was unnecessary," I complain, once I land next to him.

"Revenge for less murder."

I roll my eyes and face the crowd. I take my mask off and listen as gasps echo across the room.

"Surprise! Molly Weasley lied about my death!" I say in a singsong voice.

I then throw myself back into the fight.

We're narrowing down the crowd of the Order, well at least the ones who are still fighting after the announcement by Voldemort. There aren't many. Molly, Arthur, Ron, and Lavender are the only ones I can see. There are others I don't know, but they're still fighting. I'm standing next to Pansy. She needs someone with her. After Marcus, she's barely spoken. I can't imagine what she's going through. How I would feel if it was Draco.

There are so little left. We're so close to winning. Pansy turns to me a ghost of a smile on her face.

"We're gonna do it," she whispers.

My attention is shifts, and I'm too late to see what happens.

The knife cuts through her like butter. Blood splatters and droplets cover me. Her mouth opens and breathes "oh," before she drops to her knees. Her hands cover the wound, trying to stop gushing blood flow. A guttural blood curdling scream rips through me and the spell flies towards my former best friend. Ronald drops with a thud onto the ground after the spell hits him. Avada Kedavra.

I drop to the ground next to my best friend. I can't lose her, I can't lose her too. Oh god. I press my hands against the wound, trying to stop the bleeding.

"It's ok Pansy, you're going to make it. You can't die on me. Please."

"No it's not. I'm not going to survive this, 'Mione. We both know that. Just s-stay w-w-with me."

"Don't say that. You can make it, we just need to heal you. It'll be fine, it'll be fine."

"I-It's o-o-ok, ju-just bury me with Marcus."

"Please, stay with me!" I sob.

She reaches up and touches my cheek with her hand. She gives me one last smile before closing her eyes for the last time.

I scream and clutch her, while sobs rack my body. I stare at her limp body. I'm covered in her blood. So much blood. I hate blood. I hate it so much. The battle dies down around me as I clutch Pansy's body.

"Hermione, you have to let her go," Narcissa whispers, trying to pull me off of Pansy.

"So much blood," I mutter.

I look up and see that the battle has come to an end. Blaise and Theo are wrapped in each other's arms. Bella sits with Astoria as she stares blankly at a wall. Adrian and Daphne sit together, broken. Draco is at my side, trying to pry Pansy from my arms.

Slowly, they take Pansy and carry her to the line of the dead. Draco shakes, and he watches them take away his childhood friend. He collapses on the ground next to me.

I feel myself lift off the ground. I look up at George, who carries me to the apparition point. He hands me off to Draco, who apparates me home.

That night, after everyone showers and changes, we all meet out in the yard and lay on the grass. Watching the stars. We all know we won't be sleeping tonight.

A while later, a shooting star flies across the sky.

"That's Luna, Pansy, Marcus, and everyone else who died today," Astoria says from her spot. It's the first thing that she's said since the battle ended.

"They're not gone, they're still here. They're in every one hallway they ever walked. They're in each of their rooms. And not to be cheesy, they're in all of our hearts," Astoria continues. She's staring at the sky, and it's more like she's saying this to herself and not us.

I look at everyone that's lying in the grass. I love all of them, more than they could ever know. I would never have been here, in this family, if I hadn't been left with the enemy.

Hey guys. This is the last chapter not counting the epilogue. This book has been a long and fun process. I appreciate each and every one of you for reading this story. I felt that you would appreciate me putting this out before I leave for New York for a week. Thanks for reading(-:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 148 16
*Complete*Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger loathe each other. They will be civil to each other when the hell freezes over. But will a simple game ch...
318K 13.7K 55
Harry will do anything for the ones he loves. When Draco finally shows the good that Harry knew was hidden underneath, he makes it his new life purpo...
1M 30.5K 53
Fem-Harry What if Harry Potter had been born a girl? Follow Etta Potter as she discovers there is a lot more to her than just the girl who lives unde...
4.3K 242 8
What if things went a little differently when Harry, Ron and Hermione were captured and taken to Malfoy Manor, and Harry didn't escape with the rest...