Trying to Train a Player (ON...

By lalalaLiving

Jack and Alice are best friends. They have known each other since secondary school. Alice certainly isn't one... More

Trying to Train a Player
Chapter 1: Green Skin With a Hint of Sparkles, a Stuffed Penguin and a New Girl
Chapter 2: Cold Revenge, Getting Dressed Up and Conversations about Kitchens?
Chapter 3: There's No Getting Away
Chapter 4: Hide and Seek
Chapter 5: Who Are You?
Chapter 6, Part 1: Alice
Chapter 6, Part 2: Sarah
Chapter 7: A Surprising Morning
Chapter 8: Love Hate
Chapter 9, Part 1: Something About Her
Chapter 10: What Just Happened?
Chapter 11: Time To Grovel
Chapter 12: Double What?
Chapter 13: Eventful Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It...
Chapter 14: Phases In Training
Chapter 15: Mr Ducky, The Teaching Master
Chapter 16: Progress

Chapter 9, Part 2: Figuring Everything Out

2.5K 36 27
By lalalaLiving

Hey my little hairbrushes!:D

I was so glad to hear that you all loved Gabriella:D ahaha through the whole excitement of meeting Gabriella, you all forgot about poor Alice who in the end of chapter 8 stormed away into her room:( poor her!

The magic word for the beginnning notes is: Almonds:D there will be one in the end notes too!:D

Cute pic of Alice on the side (looking a bit hopeful I thought) :D

Anyways, a quick shout out to @donzadarling who put two and two together and said Trevor THE Unicorn, instead of the two words:)

I found it quite amusing to read all of your comments with the words Trevor and Unicorn randomly written in them:') I had such a good time laughing so thanks guys!:D

Someone requested that this not be a sad chappy, it was because I had written it before I had written part 1, so I tried to make it a little funny - I wanna know if I succeeded or not!:D ahaha

Anyways here is the next part: READ, VOTE FAN AND COMMENT!:D

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 9, Part 2: Figuring Everything Out

“Alice?” Sarah called softly as she entered Alice’s room. She looked around and saw Alice sat on her bed, her head in her hands as she continuously tussling with her hair; pulling and playing with it in frustration. Sarah slowly approached Alice, unsure of whether Alice was aware of her presence.

“Alice?” She said again, a little louder this time. Alice briefly looked up at Sarah with anguish in her eyes before setting her gaze back down on the bed spread.

Sarah sighed. She had to think of some sort of prep talk or something to give Alice as she was her best friend. But she had never been good in situations like these, she always ended up messing her advice up; but somehow, Alice always seemed to find the inner message within Sarah’s words and use it. Sarah just ended up saying random words that sounded complex and wise and just let Alice pull apart a piece of advice within it. It was as if Alice had all she needed within herself, she knew what to do all along, and she just needed help searching for the guidance within herself.

“Look.” Sarah began, thinking quickly of some intelligent words to string together. “You and I both know I have never been good at this type of thing.” It wasn’t her best line, but she was just getting warmed up.

“That’s not true. You always seem to give good advice.” Alice argued. She didn’t know where she would be without Sarah’s advice since she’d moved here with Jack.

“It is true. I’ve always just come out with utter rubbish and somehow, you seemed to find comfort in it and piece yourself back together; pulling out all the motivation you needed to carry on. You never realised it, but I just said some large words that sounded sophisticated and sat back and watched you figure the situation out. You’ve never really realised that all you’ve needed was yourself. You have all you need within yourself and no one has been able to completely break you. Ever. Let’s face it, you are one of the strongest people out there, you just haven’t realised it yet.” Sarah said. As she finished, she was in shock that she had really come out with all of that. Alice looked up and stared at Sarah, surprise written all over her face.

“Who are you and what have you done with Sarah?” Alice asked with a straight face. Sarah chuckled.

“I’m Sarah and I’m still here. It must have been all that toast I had this morning. Hey! You made it, you sprinkled some pixie dust on it didn’t you?” Sarah said, smiling knowingly at Alice.

“And she’s back.” Alice said, rolling her eyes. Sarah just laughed.

“But seriously, what I said is true. I don’t understand your situation right now as I’m confused as a bee stuck inside a glass cube, but what I do know, is that you will pull through just fine.” Sarah admitted as she reached out and rubbed Alice’s back comfortingly.

“Well, I’m not sure about that. I know that you just said that I always figure everything out, but right now my mind is as muddled up as as…a…” Alice trailed off trying to think of something.

“As muddled up as a shaken up jigsaw puzzle?” Sarah finished for her. Alice looked at her weirdly before continuing.

“Err…yeah? Anyway, like I was saying my heads muddled up and-“

“Uh uh! You forgot the jigsaw puzzle part!” Sarah said cutting her off and pointing her finger at her.

“Whatever.” Alice mumbled but obliged anyway. “Like I said, my head is as muddled up…as a shaken up jigsaw puzzle…so it may be better for me to tell you my situation anyway. Even if you claim to do nothing to help me, I believe you help me loads, so let’s just stick to our normal routine. Okay?” Alice asked.

“Okay!” Sarah shouted a little too enthusiastically.

“One thing though. This is serious for me, so I need you to stop being so…so ann-“ Alice began

“Amazing? Yeah I know.” Sarah finished for Alice.

“No. I was going to say anno-“

“Absolutely fabulous? I know that too!” Sarah cut Alice off once again, while grinning goofily.

“NO! Just shut up will you?!” Alice yelled getting irritated by Sarah now.

“No need to be so loud!” Sarah said pouting grumpily.

“Whatever.” Alice sighed. “As I was saying, please be serious for once and not your irrit-“

“Irresistible self? Sorry, I can’t help that bab-“

“JUST STOP TALKING!” Alice yelled. Sarah just looked at her and pretended to fake cry. “Do you want to know my situation or not?” Alice asked sternly, her eyes narrowing with annoyance.

“Yes. Sorry mummy.” Sarah said in a fake baby voice.

“THAT’S IT!” Alice exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air. She stood up and began walking out of the room when Sarah stopped her.

“No don’t leave! I promise to be serious. So tell me what’s bothering you.”  Sarah said, gently taking Alice’s arm and steering her back over to the bed.

“Okay, make yourself comfy.” Alice ordered. Sarah lay down on her stomach looking at Alice intently waiting for her to begin.

“Right, so-“

“Actually, I think I might sit in that beanbag.” Sarah said beginning to get up

“Don’t. You. Dare. Move.” Alice warned with gritted teeth, giving Sarah an icy glare.

“On second thoughts, I’m so much more comfy here.” Sarah said quickly whilst resuming her original position.

“You better be.” Alice warned before sighing. “Right, so the thing is, that after I had that fight with Jack, I woke up and it was still night, so I did some thinking and I realised how horrible I am to be around. Then Jack came back and we talked and it began to feel like old times. It was great just talking to him and being close to him. But for some reason, I felt something extra when he cuddled me…but I didn’t know what it was.” Alice began looking at Sarah to check she was still listening. Sarah nodded her head showing she understood while shifting herself slightly towards the edge of the bed.

“Anyway, that night – aka last night, I had a really weird dream and it was as if I was remembering all the events that had happened all through the evening; including a little moment with Jack…and a giraffe. But I don’t think the giraffe was actually there?” Alice said as she looked back towards Sarah who gave her a confused look before shifting once again towards the edge of the bed.

“Okay. Forget I mentioned a giraffe. What I’m trying to say is that my dream showed me and Jack in an alley. He scared me and I was having a go at him when suddenly we were really close together and the next thing I know, I’m leaning in to kiss him. He was too and just when we were about to kiss, he poked me with his keys by accident. Totally ruining the moment and also reminding us where we were and that we were only meant to be friends. Which I will admit, kind of killed a small piece of me.” Alice said, looking up again. Sarah gave her a sympathetic look and continued to shuffle her body along the bed; she was close to the edge now.

“So my dream took me through meeting Adam and everything. But the thing was, I didn’t particularly like Adam, I just stuck with him because I was a little drunk and into the flirting, but also because I could see you really liked Chris and I wanted you to spend a bit of time with him. I knew that if I walked away from Adam, I would want to go home, so I gave you a bit of time with him.” Sarah gave her a warm smile before her whole body was thrown to the floor resulting in a loud thud being heard. She had obviously shuffled too far on the bed and fallen off.

“Owww!” Sarah groaned. Alice sighed angrily at her. Sarah looked up at her and pushed herself into a press up position as an attempt to get up. “Give me a second to get up then continue Alice.” Sarah told her.

“You will stay where you are. It’s your own fault anyway.” Alice growled angrily at her.

“Or the floor is fine as well.” Sarah commented before letting her arms give way as she slammed back down onto the floor with a lot of force. She groaned in pain.

“Ssssh! I’m getting to the main part of my story!” Alice scolded. “Anyway, being with Jack made me feel something extra and after seeing what happened in the alley in my dream, I came to realise that I may have just a little crush on Jack.”

“Pffft! Little?” Sarah said, but it came out muffled as her face was still firmly planted on the floor.

“What?” Alice questioned. Sarah raised her head to speak opening her mouth, only to be cut off by Alice. “Never mind.” Sarah slammed her face back to the ground, groaning in pain again.

“Seeing him come out of your room dressed in not a lot and automatically thinking the worst really made the fact that I like him hit me. Then finding out the real meaning when you came out and talked to him made my mind up. I wasn’t really sure if he was just lying to me or not but the fact that you confirmed it in your own way without knowing I was listening was enough to make me feel a whole lot better.” Alice explained. Sarah just mumbled something inaudible which Alice took as a sign to carry on.

“Anyway.” Alice said sighing sadly. “Being with him and playfully teasing each other this morning just made my feelings grow a bit more and then when I watched him walk out of the door with that look on his face, it, well it tore a bit of my heart out to watch him go, knowing it was partly my fault. If I hadn’t flirted like that with Adam in front of Jack, then maybe he wouldn’t have jumped to conclusions so quickly and maybe he would still be here now. Well, instead of Adam.” Alice said sighing sadly.

“I mean, Adam is nice and all, but he is quite boring and really cheesy – everything I’m really not about when interested in a guy. The fact that he had to ruin our fun and without even knowing he had done so, just because he wants to ‘get in my pants’ made my blood boil. Don’t think that I don’t know that that’s all he wants. I see the way he looks at me. It’s not with longing or love or any of that stuff, it’s with lust. Pure lust and that sickens me. I found it hard to look at his sneaky little face and if I hadn’t have walked away there and then, I know I would have ended up punching him a couple of times and making sure that I left a permanent mark.” Alice concluded, spitting out her last words as she got worked up just thinking about Adam.

Sarah quickly shot up and put her hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

“Well, now that you’ve got that all out, tell me what you’re going to do about it.” Sarah said.

“I…I really don’t know Sarah. I just don’t know!” Alice cried as her shoulders slumped in defeat. Sarah shook Alice a little.

“Of course you know Alice!” She shouted at her. “It’s obvious and you know it. Think for a second. How will you begin to clean this mess up?” She poked her in an attempt to make her probe further into her common sense.

“Well…I should explain where I think me and Adam stand to Adam and then explain everything to Jack – well minus the part about liking him because he obviously doesn’t like me in that way, but I still want him to know that nothing is going on with me and Adam. It would make me feel better having him know…I don’t know why.” Alice concluded, realising that that was exactly what she needed to do. Jumping up she walked quickly to the door with Sarah hot on her heels. She suddenly turned around making Sarah bump into her.

“Oomph!” Sarah groaned as the air was knocked out of her.

“Oh sorry Sare; I just wanted to say thank you for everything.” Alice said smiling gratefully at her friend before continuing to walk into the living room where both Chris and Adam were completely lost to the world of tennis.

“Ada-“ Alice began only to be cut off by Jack bursting through the door and running up to Alice.

“Alice!” he exclaimed. Sarah nudged Alice.

“Jack!” She said back.

“I need to talk to you!” They both said at the same time.

“Err...” Jack said

“Okay…” Alice said.

“How about we go into a more private place?” Jack suggested as he noticed the mini audience they had both seemed to have gained. Alice glanced over to see everyone’s attention on them.

“Sure.” She said nodding then leading him into his room.

OOOOOOH! Sugar is about to go down!:L I wonder what will happen?:O

So, did you find it a bit funny and not too sad?:)

The magic word for the end notes is Dressing Table.

There won't be another update until the weekend (I think) as I am piled high with coursework:( Sorry guys:( But i hope you liked this chappy:)

Anyways, I'm off now, just leave your comments below:)

VOTE, FAN, COMMENT AND READ!:D

Bye bye:)

lalalaLiving:)xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169 0 22
Alia starts her graduation year at St. Xavier's after 5 years gap in her education due to cancer. Not just her college but everything has changed and...
2.3K 125 13
"I loved, and adored him back then. But maybe, second chances aren't meant for everyone in the world." She is type of a girl who is a kind of overs...
138K 12.5K 13
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 "𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝" 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 �...
1.2M 41.9K 68
He was filled with ego, rudeness, and cruelty. Every girl throws themselves on him just for his looks and money, but there is only one girl in his li...