Princess Charming

By repswiftly

Isabelle Quinn. A girl who treasures her education and aims high, unlike all those other girls in her school... More

Princess Charming
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Chapter 34-
-Chapter 35-
-Chapter 36-
-Chapter 37-
-EPILOGUE-
E N C H A N T E D

-Chapter 27-

48.3K 968 165
By repswiftly

This one's a long one!!! Please read the Author's Note at the end. And if you listen to the song at the side, it kinda goes with this chapter, well at the later part in the chapter :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

-Nathan Blake-

I laughed when my mum held my hand, slowly guiding me out to the front of the house. She told me to close my eyes but I squinted, trying to catch a glimpse of the present.

“Open them,” she whispers into my ear. I opened my eyes, helplessly grinning when I see Jackson, driving at a slow speed around the fountain in a brand new (with a large ribbon on the front) BMW M3 Convertible. It was black and very sleek. I sighed and laughed, hugging my mum.

“Thank you, you know me too well,” I chuckle, releasing her form the hug and gently kissing her forehead.

“Of course I know my own son.” She smiles. I walk down the porch steps, pulling Jackson into a one arm hug and taking the car keys off him. I examined it, tearing the ribbon off the front. I climbed into the soft, new squeaky leather seats. I fit in perfectly, the steering wheel at the right distance. I smiled at myself; I’d always gotten cars on my birthday, along with paid trips to other countries with Jackson. It was all nice and lovely of them to do so, but it was money, just money.

I jumped out, grinning then looking down at my watch. It was nearly five and I was expecting Belle to be here with Caroline already.

“They’re here,” Thomas informs, talking into his microphone making the wrought iron gates swing open. A small silver car drove around the fountain just close to the BMW. Belle stumbled out, her face red and her hair a mess, I smile at her when she begins apologising. I simply tell her to shut up and she falls silent, lips pouting before her gaze falls on the brand new car.

“Birthday gift?” She points at it and I nod. “How the hell am I meant to top that?” She groans.

“You don’t have to; I’ve always gotten cars on my birthday.” I shrug, brushing my hair back. Her eyes look at me, her blue ones piercing into me, not in a bad way, but somewhat loving. It’s confirmed when she smiles, flinging her arms around me in a hug then letting go.

“Happy Birthday,” she breathes, pecking a quick kiss on my cheek. I thank her, my mother eyes on us with a suspicious but satisfied look. She walks back in with Thomas and Alison closely behind.

“Yo’” shoutsJacksonwhen he spots Graham in the car. “It’s a boy,”

Graham ambles out, hands in his jean pockets and raising an eye brow at Jackson. He gave a derisive snort at him.

“I was the last time I checked,” says Graham casually.

“He’s the reason I was late. I’m meant to baby-sit him, so me and Caroline went to get him but we can’t leave him at home since we planned to go out so we’re stu-“

I hold her soft hand, caressing it with my thumb. It thankfully shut her up but I laughed.

“He can come with us,” I assure, ushering Belle and Caroline into my car. Belle waits up for Graham who’s eyes are stuck on the Lamborghini Gallardo that belonged to Jackson. Belle sighed, grabbing Graham arm that fought out of the grip.

“I wanna go in that car,” he indicates towards Jackson and the silver Lamborghini. Graham skidded away and I grasped Belle by the shoulder, steering her towards my car.

“Where are we going?” She asks, “I won’t tell you yet,” I say surreptitiously, opening the passenger seat door for her. She frowned at me, turning on the radio to Katy Perry’s song.

“It’s your birthday and I’m getting the surprise?” she stares at Jackson driving away while I start the engine.

“Yeah,” I beam at her, then remembering she hadn’t given me my present. “So what did you get me?”

She giggles, her smile emitting joy that I laugh with her. “Well?” I ask again.

“I’ve been planning is since the day Jackson told me,” She looks pointedly at me, emphasising the last three words. Caroline roared with laughter, cackling loudly.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, but what is my present,” I whine like a five year old, over Caroline’s laugh from the back seat. Belle’s hair beats in the wind, my hair own falling onto my face.

“I’ll have to show you later,” she says, sending an adorable furtive look my way. I decide to leave it be and keep driving. We’re not far now.

***

-Isabelle Blake-

We stood at the reception, people’s cheers and laughter shaking the whole stadium. I stood there with Graham at close proximity and Caroline by the vending machine; still laughing like crazy. Turns out she’s been watching Tom & Jerry all the way on her phone.

“Racing? Really?” I ask myself, Graham’s head turning to me.

“Racing is awesome, Belle, I can’t believe I’m here,” He shrieks. I roll my eyes when Jackson comes back, alone. I crane my neck over the people, rushing into the stadium but Nathan doesn’t show up.

“Where’s Nathan?” I askJackson.

“We’ll see him real soon,” he winks, dragging me and others into the stadium. When I first saw the place, I was shocked. It was packed with people. Some were on each other shoulders to get a better look, but no race was starting just yet. Jackson escorted us to a seat at the back but higher than the others. We sat down, Caroline putting her phone away and watching the race track intently.

“This is so cool,” Graham rubbed his hands together, getting comfortable in his seat. The crowd roared with cheers again when cars started piling onto the starting line. Seven cars in total came out and in the midst I saw the same Silver Lamborghini Gallardo that belonged to Jackson. I pulled at Jackson’s elbow, not tearing my gaze away from the track.

“What’s your car doing there?”

He laughs. “My birthday present for Nathan. He’s racing it.” he says casually and I stare at him, my eyes wide.

“What?” I shout over the cheers.

“Don’t worry, he’s done this loads of times and every time he ruins his cars, this time I let him have mine to ruin since it’s his birthday.”

This didn’t calm my nerve one bit. He ruins the cars? By crashing of course? Jackson seemed to understand my worry and put a comforting hand on my shoulder.

“He never crashes, Belle, just scratch marks from scraping into other cars.” He tried to reassure me but I felt anything but okay. I felt sick and scared for Nathan. I saw the drivers in their gear and helmets get out of their cars. Next to Jackson’s car I saw Nathan, in think black leather, fitting nicely over his muscular body. He must be boiling hot in that. He had his helmet under his left arm and waved at the audience. I felt my stomach knot as he went back into the car, revving the engine loudly.

A man at the side waved the huge flag and the cars accelerated, the rumble of all the car engines combined created an ear splitting sound, loud enough to be heard over the crazy crowd. I gripped the edge of my seat when the cars rounded a corner and a white Ferrari skidded into Nathan’s car. I yelped but Nathan regained controlled, speeding off and leaving the Ferrari behind. He’d fallen into fourth place. I stood up, cheering at the top of my voice. I looked down at Jackson, Caroline and Graham, all staring at me with raised brows. I shrug, continuing to shout Nathan’s name over and over again as he took second place on his third lap. They started the fourth lap and soon enough there was a unison of thousand voices, all saying Nathan’s name that I started. I grinned proudly when a same Lamborghini model as Nathan’s appears, this time in black but changes to a murky grey in the different lighting is side by side with Nathan. The finishing line is not far and I now Nathan can win this. I keep encouraging him, cheering with everyone when something I dreaded happened. Both cars collided and turned upside down with screeches from the metal. I gasped. I’d scream but I couldn’t find my voice. The crowd fell silent at they watched the two upturned cars and the others racing past to finish.

I ran, stepping on people foot, pleading for them to move and praying that Nathan is okay. I run down the steps, dodging the guards and entering the race track. I head for Nathan at full speed. I saw him crawl out the car with paramedics on side, helping him. I kneel on the floor, grabbing his arm and getting him to his feet.

“Nathan” I shriek. The begins crowd murmuring around us and Jackson turned up with Caroline and Graham.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt?” I wrap my arms around him, resting my head on his shoulder, the tears threatening to show. I looked at his scarred face; a long slash on his right cheek. I put my hand on it, my tears falling. He covers my hand with his, still on his face.

“I’m fine, but I can’t say the same for him.” His head jerks to the other car. A man with jet black greasy hair, it was pushed back in a comb over and he howled in pain, clutching his leg. He cursed out loudly while the paramedics attended to him, placing him on a gurney and rolling him out.

“He crashed into you,” I say formidably. Staring at Nathan who looked healthy enough with just a few scars and fresh blood on his face. I squeezed him again tightly, crying. I hostility wiped them away and Nathan did too with a swipe of his thumb under my eye. He smiled but he looked past my shoulder.

“Uncle Alan?”

I look up and follow his gaze. He looks at the man in the gurney and a much older man standing next to him. Patting his shoulder, the man with dark brown hair and wrinkles looked at us with visible bags under his eyes. He turned back to the injured person, whispering something before he’s taken away.

“Nathan, boy, are you okay?” The man pants after sprinting towards us. Nathan nods his arm still firmly around me. His gaze falls on me, shooting me a toothy smile, showing his white teeth.

“And this, I presume is your lovely wife?” He questions and we both nod. He outstretches his hand towards me. I reluctantly shake it, and then turn back to Nathan.

“My name is Alan, Alan Blake. I’m Nathan’s uncle. It’s very nice to meet you…” He smiles waiting for me to answer.

“Isabelle Blake, I mean Quinn” I quickly say, but realise that I meant to say Blake. “No it’s Blake, yeah Blake.” I stutter, and he laughs.

“That’s precious.” He chimes at me, his expression turning sour then serious.

“Are you sure you’re alright? Want to make sure you’re in shape before you head to London tomorrow.”

I gulp, remembering Nathan telling me this. He was going away for two full weeks without me.

“Yeah, I’m fine; it’s the other guy who’s hurt.” Nathan says, grimly.

“Good, your mother would have been so worried. I didn’t know you were racing today, I thought I’d come since everyone was talking about this tournament. I thought I’d see what all the excitement was about.” He chuckles lightly, and then turning on his heals towards the wrecked cars.

“Oh dearie me,” he exclaims, his eyes going over the wreckage. “That is bad, but as long as you’re fine.” He smiles.

“I’ll have to go, I’ll pop round tomorrow.” He grins, maliciously, spinning around and sauntering to the exit.

“Man, I didn’t know that was gonna happen.” Jackson says gloomily with a hand on Nathan shoulder in an apologetic way.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m fine. Let’s go home.” Nathan says, walking away. I stay put, my eyes where Uncle Alan disappeared. He was talking to the injured man but what for?

“Belle,” Nathan calls, beckoning me over. I turn, catching up to them.

***

I keep my eyes on the clock, not paying attention to Finding Nemo we’re meant to be watching in our room. I loved Finding Nemo, and I loved Dory, but I was anxious, waiting for the clock to hit nine.

“Are you watching?” Nathan says through laughs. Dory was reading the address off the goggle while that creepy glowing fish monster was attacking. This scene funnily reminded me of Nathan’s present. One minute to go and I felt a mixture of exhilaration and fear. I hoped this would go okay since I’d planned this from the day I found out. It was perfect but I didn’t know whether Nathan would like it. I really hoped he would.

The clock showed the big hand move to nine and I grinned. I grasped Nathan hand, pulling him off the bed. I ignored his protests and ran down the spiral stairs.

“It’s time for your present, so keep your voice down.” I say, shushing him and creeping past the kitchen staff. I knew they heard us but they didn’t say anything as we shut the back door behind us. It was dark, a full moon shining brightly in the sky. It wasn’t out only source of light; the garden was lit by lovely little circular gardens lights dug into the ground.

My hand still held onto Nathan’s and I took him around the house, past a hedge and deep into the little forest Nathan had showed me before. I skipped over the little stream, and scurrying of feet audible when we past the rabbits burrow. I resist the urge to go over to the adorable bunnies and proceed into the depths of the forest. I stop before we go any further; I could see the illuminating light and faced Nathan. I smile at him and tell him to close his eyes.

“Do I have to?” he whines and I put my hands on my hips. “Yes you do or you’ll ruin the whole thing. Close them and don’t peak.” I order and he obeys. He shuts his eyes, his hand grabbing mine and I lead him into the circle with the old well in the centre. I make sure Nathan isn’t looking and take him closer to the middle. I hold his hand and lock our fingers together.

I get on my tip toes to put my mouth near his ear. “Open them,” I whisper and his eyes flutter open. His lips part at the sight, his breathing steady.

“So?” I tug at his arm.

“Fireflies,” He manages to say. “Fireflies,” I repeat. The place was filled with fireflies; the green glow was beautiful when I first saw this. A cool night time breeze past and I shivered. Nathan turned to me, his arm around me so I snuggle in closer. You could hear the faint buzzing and see the flickering lights. There were chirps from nearby crickets when I remembered something. I pushed Nathan’s arm away and went around the well.

I chuckled, biting my lip and grinning at him. “Look in the well.” I say and he reaches over, his arms leaning on the well wall and craning his neck. I looked too and then caught his reaction. “That is amazing,” he breathes. The well had a few fireflies inside; illuminating it enough that it penetrated the dark so the rippling water could be seen.

“There’s more. Did you know there’s a swing close by?” I say, pointing behind Nathan to a huge tree with many branches.

“Yeah,” He says. He walks over to the tree, passing shrubs and tangled leaves. He clears a path and I follow. A thick tree branch had two ropes tied to it, leading to a wooden seat. The rope however had vines entwined around them, thick with leaves and flowers. I walk over, clearing the dry leaves off the seat and sitting on it.

“When did you see all this?” He asks and I laugh softly. “The day I found out fromJacksonis was your birthday. I saw light from the kitchen and went to see what it was; I got here, and saw the fireflies. They looked beautiful and I thought it would be nice.” I smile at him, catching a firefly in my hand then letting it go. Suddenly I jerk forward; my feet in the air then back down. I reached for the hem of my skirt and pulled down while Nathan pushed the swing. He continuously pushed it but stopped after a while. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek. He walks around to face me, pulling me up from the swing.

“Thank you,” He whispers slowly, his arms snaking around my waist and I absentmindedly wrap my arms around his neck. He grins and lifts me up, my feet were off the ground but he was strong enough to support my weight.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t get you anything better,” I say glumly. He kisses my forehead, the touch of his lips linger, sending a tingling sensation through me.

“It was the best present ever. I always get cars and it’s all money but this,” He says his eyes looking around us. “This is different and I love it. Especially after the crash and everything, this is nice.”

I giggle and uncoil my arms whilst he sets me on the ground again. I walk away back to the circle, glancing over my shoulder to see Nathan scratch the back of his neck. He chases after me and I begin to run back to the well. I stop, panting as Nathan shows up in front of me. I look up at him, and walk closer, my arms around his waist and his hands cupping my face.

“I love you, Nathan.” I confess finally, a relief from telling him how I felt. I wasn’t confused anymore. I was scared before, not now. He leaned in closer; I smiled, closing my eyes to his soft breath on my face. Before I could open them again I felt his lips pressing onto mine. Our noses touch and I kissed back, feeling my heart swell and tears forming in my closed eyes. Why am I crying? I should be happy unless they’re tears of joy. I feel elated right now being with Nathan, admitting that I love him. He pulled away and slowly gasped for air before giving me quick kisses in between short intervals. “I love you too,” He says back, kissing my forehead. We stare at each for a long time. I never realised how brightly his eyes glistened, they looked more relaxed than ever.

Chatter erupted and the house lights turned on one by one. We heard everyone calling our names and I sniggered.

“We should get back,” I say, still leaning in to kiss Nathan. This was the first time I leaned in to kiss him and I wanted to more than anything. He took my hand and steered me out of the forest and towards the house. Along the way I couldn’t help but smile at myself. I had Nathan and I couldn’t be happier. His arm went around my waist, his body heat keeping away the bitter night air. I walked up to the house door, my head rested on his shoulder and drifting of to sleep. I felt a pair of strong arms lift me before I completely fell into a dreamless slumber.

***

He walked the white corridors, passing ward after ward until he reached the room and patient he needed to see. A plump nurse with thick red lipstick and short brown hair stopped him. “Who are you here to see, sir?” Her voice was hollow and she narrowed her eyes. The man grinned, pushing his hair back. It was a reflexive action of his.

“To see Mr. Damien Gold.” He answers the plump nurse. She lets him pass and enter the room, leaving him in the room with the patient. He chuckles, looking at the sleeping figure who stirs awake.

He grumbles before he realises he has company. He sits up with his leg in a cast, wincing when he tries to get up.

“You-“ He groans, propping himself up on his elbows.

“Actually my name’s Alan Blake,” he chuckles.

“I know,” The patient says miserably. “I did what you said but it was me who got injured in the end.” He spat.

“Oh Damien, I asked you the favour and you agreed, I can’t control the impact of cars crashing and who gets hurt. But you failed, indeed.” Alan replied, looking away up to the dim light. “Nathan was meant to get hurt but instead,” he eyes trail back to Damien. “You got the blow” He tuts.

“Well seems like he’ll be heading toLondonwith me after all to fix those damn reports.” He curses under his breath.

“Yeah whatever, I got hurt. Where’s the money?” Damien cuts in.

“You’ll get your money,” Alan snarls, standing up and towering over him. “You’ll get half because you’re unable of crashing into another car properly you idiot.”

Damien cowers away at the malevolent stares from Alan.

“One simple task and you fail me.” Alan sits back down, extracting a wad of money from his jacket pocket. “There’s $500, you don’t deserve the full $1000,” he stands up, heading to the door but Damien speaks. “I got hurt for God’s Sake, give me my 1000” He demands and Alan turns. A grin curling on his lips at first but then anger burning in his dark eyes. “Yes you got hurt, it was meant to be Nathan though, he was meant to be in the hospital bed instead of you, but you’re useless, and your punishment,” Alan scratches his chin in mock thought. “Lying in hospital with half the money I promised.” And with one last grin, he charged out of the room, shutting the door behind him. He grunted while descending the stairs, the thought about Nathan and him off toLondonwandering in his head. He’d have to think of something soon.

___________________________________________________________________________

Dun dun dun! Sooo, you guys like it?! Belle told him she loves him, yippee! But Uncle Alan is some evil dude. Please comment what you think and vote! It'd make me sooo happy! :) 

Also about updates! I'll be starting college tomorrow, meaning more work, less time writing and not often updating. I'll try my best to stay on track with everything, but I can't promise anything! :(

Bye x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 375 14
He's an evil clothed in a handsome guy. He finds bullying me fun. There's no day without bullying me. And, the worse part is I live in his house. - A...
1.6K 76 43
"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." -Neil Gaiman The...
22.3K 1.6K 9
When Daniela Simmons' younger sister enters her name in a reality TV dating show, the last thing she expects is to be randomly chosen among 39,000 en...
203 27 12
COMPLETEšŸ¤ That certain boy who makes you want to go to college, and be there all the time, just to spend time with him as much as possible. That boy...