An Encounter to Remember - CO...

By IV_Writer2015

We meet many people in our lifetime and only some people happen to be imprinted in our mind this is one of th... More

Author's Rant
The one with an unforgettable Day
The one with the blushing
The one with the million dollar smile
The one with the waiting
The one with the dream come true
The one with all the flirting ...
The one before the ending part 1
The one before the ending part 2
The one before the good bye
The one with the good bye
The one with the future
The one with a mini freak out
The one with the meeting
The one with the travel
The one with the huge lie
The One with all the Jealousy
Epilogue
The one after 3 years (Bonus Chapter)
Author's other works

The One with the Finale

335 31 2
By IV_Writer2015

Amayra POV :

Oh god is it true ? of course it is true, I was stupid enough to fall in love with him the first time I saw him and now I know that he likes me too !! I just wanted to do this weird happy dance now but also I wanted to smack my head twice he likes you but does he love you ? from his face when I left he was sad that there is going to be nothing between us but he did not want to give us a chance. I was right he was a coward, he likes me but not enough to see a future in us.

I was sitting on my seat replaying the conversation I had with him again, while our childish banter gets a smile on my face his fear makes me cry inside because you see I do not want to freak out people.

I started staring in to a space , when the poor guy asked me if I was fine , what could I tell him ? so I just gave a nod, there were instances in the past where I liked some guys but the other person did not feel the same , that did not effect me a lot. Now after knowing we both have a chance and yet we are not taking it up is killing me inside. I looked at him serving some people ahead when he was about to serve our seat I left to the washroom, not because I wanted to trouble him it was because I was on verge to cry.

I was walking back to my seat when he tried to talk to me about my choice of snacks when I just shook my head and sat on my seat , I could not let myself look at him. Few more hours and the flight would be landing.... then just like every time I could just go and shed some tears of self pity and rejection.....

Puneet POV 

After I watched her go I know she is not okay the face did not hold any expressions, she was staring in to a space, she took a while to respond to people, I mean she took a while to respond to that jerk sitting with her. I got concerned, she was avoiding looking up , she was busy looking at the magazine we provided her but she was not reading it , I took out some drinks and snacks to serve people and I was walking to her seat, she saw me and ran to the washroom, when she came back her eyes looked puffy. Her being upset is not going well with me, I cannot see her like this , why should I be concerned ? It is not like I am in love with her , I like her then why should I care? Then I saw her rubbing her fingers on her forehead and I got concerned but I did not move from my place but I know then that whom I am I kidding it effects me deeply if she is upset , I like her a lot but do I love her ?

After about an hour she came to where I was standing , I was shocked to see her there , I thought she would never look at me but she had a small smile and asked for a ginger ale, I was confused on what was she trying to do , I gave her a glass of her drink and she gave a sigh !! I looked at her she took a long sip of her drink and looked at me , I was already looking at her ..

Amayra : You know how life happens to suck sometimes ?

Puneet : Yeah tell me about it 

Amayra : I guess this is it , isn't it ?

Puneet : I am sorry , I am genuinely sorry, I like you that I couldn't help but I know I am going to mess it up and the sole thought stops me from taking a step. Being away is far more better then the hurt we will carry for life.

Amayra : I guess !! I might object but it wouldn't change your decision right ?

Puneet : I don't want you to be hurt , you of all the people. You deserve love, passion, happiness and a peaceful future. I know I am not that !!

Amayra :  Bullshit !! You have a chance but you just do not want to try

Puneet : I do not want to be this way, even in these few hours we know each other I hurt you , I saw your teary eyes, I know that probably that is what is going to happen too in the future.

Amayra : You are fool !! Anyways what is the need to shed tears now? You made your decision, I should move on.

Puneet : It is better to take that step back now 

Amayra : I guess you are right , I could move on , I could meet a guy , fall in love and get married to him or I could get married to him and then fall in love.

Puneet : Seriously ? Arranged marriage ?

Amayra : Yeah my mom is already freaking out, because most of the guys I like or attracted to happens to be a coward or committed or gay or people with emotional issues , it is better if my mom finds me a guy 

Puneet :  Don't let your family pressure you 

Amayra : No they are not , they already gave me enough time so it is time I make them happy.

Puneet : Probably you are doing the right thing

Amayra : Probably !! I am done with my drink and in about half an hour we are done with this trip too ..

Puneet : You want a refill?

Amayra : Naa , Anyways Alvida !! (Goodbye )

She put her hand forward to shake my hand, instead I shocked myself when I pulled her for a hug , her shoulders started shaking, she was crying , I caught her by her shoulders and made her look at me  by pulling her face up to stare in to her eyes, I wiped her tears away ...

Puneet : It is for the better ...

She looked at me and wiped my tears which was slipping away from my face, she put her palm on my cheek now 

Amayra : You should stop crying too !!

I couldn't hold myself from hugging her again this time I put one hand on the back of her head and other on her waist , this hug is good hopefully good enough to heal us both. I forgot about my surroundings and buried my head in her hair which smelled of apples now

Puneet : You know you smell good

Amayra : I do !! You are just unlucky I guess

I pulled back from her and looked at her before she is gone I ran my thumb on her face trying to memorize how she looks for the last time

Puneet : I am unlucky 

She smiled through her tears , she took a paper from her pocket she caught hold of my hand and put the paper in my palm and closed my palm around it, she came close to me , while placing her hands on my chest she kissed me on my cheek , this took me by surprise 

Amayra : Goodbye !! 

She ran back to her seat , in about 30 mins we will be landing in Texas. I took out the letter and read it ...

Dear Puneet ,

I know I could probably not come out with all the sentences I had planned to say when I am around you so I wrote it all out in here.

You might think I am a stupid clingy girl and throw away the letter but that is okay too because I know and I have prepared for that to happen too.

In life you might face situations where you will be going through a lot of stuff which might make you feel helpless or worthless or both sometimes, after my parents divorced my life was filled with ups and downs , I was depressed some times, I felt worthless sometimes I used to sulk for days but later after getting the inspiration and strength from my mom I used to get up and try again,  failing and succeeding is not in your hands but trying matters. Do not let the fear of loosing keep you from trying out or taking up something. Now look at your job , you travel in air most of your time but still you love doing it though there are risk of loosing your life, so if you love something so much then the risk seems invisible. I know you might not like me too much but im saying that if you happen to fallen deeply in love with someone else then take the risk because not giving it a chance might kill you than the risk itself

If you ever want to give us a chance ever then this would be the place to contact me :

--------------------------

This is my mothers place so be ready to face her wrath if you decide to give us a chance

P.S   : Do not blame yourself for long , every person deserves to be loved and be happy

Take care ,

Lots of love,

Amayra

I  felt like a biggest douche now I saw her packing her stuff inside her bag , this letter clearly shows she cares, she loves me , seeing her walk away made me want to kill myself, she did not look back at me nor she smiled she had a poker face..... Probably this could be the last time I would see her 

I reached for the letter to tear it away but I kissed it like a fool and kept it in my pocket 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God that was so long !!

Ignore the grammatical errors and hopefully you guys like the story 

Epilogue coming up soon for people who wants to see if there is a future for them

Happy reading ,

With Love ,

Indu  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 945 12
Hello everyone. I'm back again with a short story of Samaina. This is a story about Sameer & Naina who meets at a cafe unexpectedly. When they haven'...
3K 222 14
ARADHYA × AVYAAN Aradhya and Avyaan met in there college days they were in love , they thought they would end up together but a tragedy happened and...
1.7M 72.2K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...
819 85 12
She thinks no one knows her second face but he begins to fall in love with her after knowing her reality. She became his obsession. What will happen...