Unexpected Gift

Da YukiCandyHeart

Teleported to the world of Hunters, Yukiko Arakaki must now face the dangers of becoming a Hunter with her ne... Altro

Unexpected Gift (Killua Love Story)

Chapter 2

283 25 11
Da YukiCandyHeart

Well, I'm back with another chapter! Thank you to everyone who read! Well, I hope you enjoy this chapter (Even though it's bad and short but whatever.) Enjoy~

Disclaimer: Me own nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We continued to run along the path and many contestants had already started to drop out of exhaustion. We should be near the part where Leorio is about to give up but then bursts into a sprint… I thought to myself as I ran beside Killua and Gon. As if on cue, a loud clank was heard behind us. We all looked behind us to see Leorio sweating and beat. Gon and I stopped, and Killua moved a few steps in front of us before stopping as well.

"Hey, forget him. Let’s get going.” Killua said. I looked back at him, then at Gon. Gon looked back at Leorio with intent eyes while I looked at Leorio worriedly. Leorio looked back at us, and then shook his head. I knew he was mumbling stuff about the hunter exam and how he won’t give up. He then headed into a full, head-on sprint while Killua, Gon and I just watched as he flew past us trailing dust behind him. I pointed at Leorio’s left behind suitcase.

“He forgot about that.” I said. Gon then grabbed his fishing rod and proceeded to swing it. It hooked around the handle and pulled the suitcase back to us.

“COOL!” Killua and I both admired him; even though I saw it in the anime it was even cooler in real life!

“Let me try that later.” Killua said as we ran back to catch up with the group.

“Me too!” I said with a grin.

“Only if you let me borrow your skateboard.” Gon stated. I looked at him and he looked back at me curiously.

“Who’s?” I asked, pointing at my skateboard and then at Killua’s. Gon thought about it for a while and then pointed at Killua.

“His.” He stated.

“Ehh?! Then what does she have to do then?” Killua whined childishly. I pouted at him, but then agreed that it was unfair.

“I can let him use my weapons.” I argued back.

“What weapons?” Gon asked me innocently. Oh yeah, my cloak’s covering it so he can’t see it…. I fished out my 2 scythes from my pockets and showed them to him.

“Cool!” Gon said with a large smile, which I couldn’t help but smile back at.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were now at going up the stairs for a REALLY long time. The contestants in the front of us then began to run faster. Oh we’re at the 80 km mark. I thought as the 3 of us ran faster to catch up.

“Gon, Yukiko, wanna race to see who finishes first?” Killua asked.

“Sure.” I replied. I really wanted to see if I could beat the two of them. If I did, I will probably throw myself at Hana’s feet if I see her again and thank her a thousand times…

“Loser has to buy dinner.” Gon decided.

“Okay! You’re on!” Killua and I said, both oozing excitement.

“Ready… GO!!” We said in unison and then began to run faster. We had caught up to Leorio and Kurapika. We started to listen to their conversations. Leorio was explaining how he was only after the money, but then explained about how his friend had died.

“See ya at the goal, Kurapika!” Gon said

“Bye~” I waved.

“Catch you later, old timer.” Killua said.

“I’m not old! I’m a teenager, just like you guys!” Leorio yelled. We all froze in shock; even me, who had already watched the anime, still couldn’t believe the fact.

“Ehhh!?” I shouted.

“Huh?” Killua said shocked out of his mind

“No way!” Gon yelled in disbelief.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many other contestants had already fallen on the stairs. Gon, Killua and I had no choice but to avoid their bodies.

"I’m impressed that you can keep up with me.” Killua stated bluntly.

“Really?” Gon said with a blush and smile, while rubbing his hand on the back of his head. I said nothing, only focusing that I don’t trip over something. That would probably give everyone a good laugh…

"Or maybe it’s just that everyone else is too slow. Man… the hunter exam is gonna be a breeze. That’s no fun.” Killua said with a sigh.

“Hey, why do you want to become a hunter?” Gon asked us innocently. I tensed a bit. What should I say? I asked myself. I can’t really say that a pretty girl named Hana sent me here… But my thoughts were stopped when Killua started talking.

“Me? I’m not really interested in becoming a hunter. I heard the exam was really hard, so I thought it’d be fun. But this is disappointing.” Killua told us. Gon looked at him confusedly. It’ll get better, don’t worry. I said to him in my head “What about you?” Killua asked Gon.

“Well, my dad’s a hunter, so I want to become a hunter, like my dad.” Gon stated. Aww, that’s sweet. Even if I knew that was coming. Man, Gon is admirable (adorable). Ging you really should feel lucky for such an awesome son. I thought in my head.

“What kind of hunter is he?” I asked Gon, even though I already knew what he was going to say.

“I don’t know.” Killua started laughing.

“That’s kind of weird.” Killua said with a laugh.

“Really?” Gon asked curiously

“You want to be like you dad, but you don’t know anything about him?” Killua stated like it was the most logical thing in the world…well it kinda was.

“I was raised by Mito-san, so I’ve only seen my dad in pictures.”

“Who’s Mito- san?” Killua asked

“Aunt Mito.”

“That’s kind of sad.” I said. Only seeing your dad in pictures, and raised by your aunt is kind of upsetting. Not knowing who your parents are… I would feel abandoned. Gon being optimistic is something to be proud of and a natural talent. Man, if I was like that…

“When he was 12, my dad took the hunter exam. He passed and became a hunter then left the island. I want to find out why he chose to be a hunter over being with me.

“You’re so optimistic, Gon.”

“Ha ha. What about you Yukiko? Why do you want to be a Hunter?”

“Eh… Well…” I started nervously. “I guess I just wanted an adventure in my boring life.” I explained to him.

“So kind of like Killua?” Gon asked innocently. I looked at Killua, who looked back at me.

“Er…I guess…” I said shyly, while looking into Killua’s beautiful blue eyes. Killua looked away before his eyes widened.

“The exit!” Someone shouted. Gon and I both followed Killua’s gaze. We all smiled and then burst into a faster run. Satotz stood up on the exit’s platform and began to turn around.

"GOAL!!” All of us yelled with a large smile as we stepped past the examiner with no mouth and laughed.

“Yay! I win.” Gon announced

“What are you talking about? I was faster…”

“Mou, I was the one who won!” I told the boys with an angry pout.

“No I did.” Gon said.

“I was faster, so you have to buy dinner!”

“No! You guys both have to buy me dinner!” I argued

“Nope! I was faster so you buy me dinner.”

“But I was faster.” Gon said positively.

“Hey, who was faster?” I asked Satotz, who looked at us with avid interest.

“I believe you all crossed the finish line simultaneously.” He said.

“Oh…” Gon said “Then I’ll buy you dinner”

“Ehh?” Killua and I both said. Even though I knew what he was going to say, I still didn’t understand how Gon’s head worked.

“Then you buy me dinner.”

“I don’t get it.” Killua stated, shaking his head.

“Hey, Satotz-san? Is this where the second exam takes place?” Gon asked. No, we have to go past here and then we’ll arrive. I answered him in my head.

"No, we still have quite a way to go.” Satotz stated calmly. Soon contestant after contestant, people began to fill up the area. Leorio and Kurapika were the last few ones to arrive.

“Hi Kurapika!” I said. Kurapika gave us a small wave and looked at his surroundings.

“Is this our destination?” Kurapika asked

“No it isn’t.” Gon said with a smile.

“I see.” The Kurata stated simply, out of breath. “The fog is fading.” He pointed out.

“Really?” Gon asked standing up. Killua and I followed. The fog then slowly yet visibly started to disappear, until we could see the lush forest and plants. Satotz then started his explanation, where I then just let my mind float around again, since I already knew what they were talking about. I didn’t bother paying attention to the fake examiner. And soon enough, we were on the run again.

The girl slightly materialized farther away and behind the group of Hunter wannabes. Her long hair fluttered in the breeze as she stared after the runners wistfully. I wish you the best of luck, Yukiko. Hana thought in her mind as she disappeared, leaving nothing but some sparkling dust that quickly disappeared in the wind.

To be continued…

So that's the end of Chapter two! And thanks thebloodysnowdrops, yup I finally posted it XD. Please Comment, Heart and everything else! Until next time!

Continua a leggere