[ON HOLD]Face To Face (Sal ✖...

By magickmochi

A Sal x Reader based off a dream I had in perspective of the reader (mostly) 🚨TRIGGER WARNING🚨 this is the... More

Chapter 1: English Class📚
Chapter 3: First day is always the hardest📒
Chapter 4: Study Date Pt. 1💌

Chapter 2: Lunch🥪

161 4 14
By magickmochi

Song: Dance Gavin Dance - Son of Robot
A personal favorite
🎶

~

You showed Sal to his class then headed off to your own. If you're being completely honest you were a little worried about him. You knew how harsh kids in this school were, especially to new students. I hope hes okay... You push the thoughts aside and rush to your seat.

~~

Ding. Ding.

FINALLY. LUNCH BELL. After gathering your books you head to your locker, swapping out your book bag for a lunch bag. Today was bologna sandwich day. Gross. Now I'm not saying the schools food is terrible, however, any day now I was expecting it to grow legs and crawl out the window hissing.

You grab some headphones and turn on your dealing with idiots at school playlist. It was a healthy mix of death metal and k-pop. There was no in between. As you rock out you walk into the cafeteria. Your cafeteria had a small courtyard attached to it. It was a little under kept, a few weeds, bushes were starting to get out of hand. But in all honesty, you enjoyed it. Since you were the only one who sat out there you created a small nook to sit and relax in. As you begin walking towards the door you see a familiar shade of blue standing around looking awfly confused. With lunch tray in hand he slowly walked around looking for an empty seat. However, all the seats seemed go be taken.

As he was about to walk out, probably to eat his lunch alone in the bathroom, you stopped him.

"Hey Sal." Sal was slightly startled. He gripped his tray.

"Oh.. hey y/n. H-how are you?" He said, looking up to you because of your tall shoes.

"I'm good.. are you.. doing okay?" You ask him. Poor nervous boy.

"Huh.? Oh.. yeah.. I was just looking for a place to sit..." he says as he scans the room once again. An idea pops into your head. You look at the courtyard door, then back at Sal.

"Hey, follow me. I wanna show you something." You say with a sweet smile. Sal turns his head back to look at you and nods. You start walking towards the door, turning around every now and again to make sure hes following.

You reach the door, holding it open so he can walk through. At first glance, it's just a bunch of grass and bushes. He stands still just staring at you. She wanted to show me.. weeds? You walk to said weeds and move them to make a clearing. You motion for the blue boy to come closer. Inside, it was quite cute. You had some rocks you found outside the school, arranged to make a broader. The seat from a broken picnic table that no one decided to fix and the umbrella as well. You also had some battery operated fairy lights. Sal stood and looked at you in awe as you stepped inside and sat down.

"You can sit with me if you'd like." You say, patting the seat next to you. Sal blinks a few times before walking over and sitting next to you. He looks around at the decorations like a child looking at fireworks. Cute.

You smile before you speak.
"This is where I come to sit for lunch and study hall. You can come here anytime you'd like." You being opened you're lunch bag.

"I really like it.. t-thank you." He says. He begins to look down at his tray and you hear a slight groan in disgust. He pokes at his food a few times with this plastic spork. I know. Its gross. You take your sandwich with rip it in half the best you can.

"Yeah.. I wouldn't eat the schools food either." You say as you hand him one of the halves.

"Its peanut butter and banana. It's not much, but it's better than the 'bologna' they serve" you say. He accepts your half sandwich. You decide to split your while lunch with him. You give him the pudding cup while you keep the crackers.

You take a bite and side eye to Sal. Hes just kinda... staring at the sandwich. Does he not like it? Fuck I didnt even stop to ask if he was allergic or anything. I'm such an idiot. You mentally scold yourself.

"I'm sorry, if you dont like it I ca-"
"Wha..? Oh! No no no it's not that. Its just.. I uh..." he trailed off. He began looking at you and tapping his mask where his mouth is.

"Wha...oh..OH." it finally clicked. Idiot. You turned your body and head so you wer looking away from him. You decide to take this time to whip out the holy sketch book. You hear a *click!* and a shuffle behind you, assuming that's Sal moving his mask so he can eat. As Sal is munching away, you flip open your book to your latest work. You sit in silence for a few minutes before you decide to speak up.

"So.. hows your first day so far?" You don't look up from your work, not knowing if he was finished or not. You hear the rip of the pudding cup lid. Nope. He takes a bite and speaks.

"Well... I've had worse.. Durring government I got hit with papers. And in science a kid tripped me when I went to sharpen my pencil." He spoke with sadness in his voice. But also a bit of 'it's happened before'

This made your heart hurt. You speak as you erase and redraw this nose for the 20th time
"I'm sorry.."
"Its okay. When I tripped, this kid, I think his name was Todd, helped me up." He said.

"Well that was nice of him. I think I've seen him around school before. Him and his boyfriend Neil. They're adorable." We always love a cute happy couple amiright?

Sal finished his snack and you once again here the *click!* Assuming it's safe to look, you slowly turn your head to face him. His mask was back in place, and you could see he was glancing at your art.

He cleared this throat before speaking.
"Sorry about that..." he felt embarrassed about how he had to eat. He put his head down.
"No no you don't have to apologize. I understand." You say with a smile. You really didnt mind at all. It was nice to hear his voice. His voice. Not a muffled voice behind a mask.

Sal was still in a trance watching your hands create your art. You felt quite honored really. This went on for a few minutes before he spoke up.
"So uh.. y/n, can I ask you something?" He asked. This made you nervous for some reason. Why? Dumb anxiety. You have a small "hmm" as a response.

He seemed nervous but spoke up,
"W-why aren't you.. well uh.. how do I word this.." he struggled to find the words. He took a breather and started again.

"You dont seem weirded out by my mask... why is that?" He felt as if he forcefully ripped off a bandage and was waiting for the sting to set in. It was very foreign to him the idea of someone not being bothered by his mask.

   You opened your mouth but then immediately shut it. You thought for a second. Why aren't I weirded out by it? I mean, it's a whole ass mask. Guess I just never thought about it. As you thought about it, you looked at Sal, who had a very scared look on his fa... well, eyes I guess..

   "Well.. honestly I think it's kinda cool. And." You paused.
   "I dont see you as 'the kid with the mask'. I see you as Sal Fisher. Because that's who you are." flashing a big smile at him. It's was true. He was a normal teenage boy in highschool with you. That's how you saw him. You stop and stare at each other for a moment. Is he... crying..? Oh look you made the boy cry now. Why would you do that? Idiot. Now hes gonna be sad all day.

   "Shit, Sal I'm sorry I didnt-" you panic. You really aren't good at talking to people are you?

   The boy puts his hands up to stop you and shakes his head.
   "No it's not that it's just... t-thank you." He chokes back some tears.

   "No one has ever been this nice to me since I got this mask. Thank you. Thank you so much y/n" You stare at him. You feel so bad for him, that this is how his life has been. That people would be so cruel as to pick on him about something he is so sensitive about. But at the same time, you're happy you could chear him up. Everyone deserves happiness and to feel good. And today, that person was Sal. You stare at him and smile. A small small tint of pink threatens to spread across your face.

   "I-I dont know what to sa-"
DING. DIIIING.
lunch is over
   You both stop and look out the door into the cafeteria to see all the students leaving. Both of you panic and scramble to gather your items and trash from lunch. You stand up, get your bags on and head out. Sal returns his tray and you throw out the paper bag. As you both start heading out you try avoiding eye contact. Just get to class. Just. Get. To. Class. Suddenly you hear your name over a crowd of people.

   "Hey y/n!" You freeze. Slowly turning around you're met with a familiar blue boy a little ways down the hall. A small sweater covered arm raises as he waves at you. You stare for a second before smiling and waving back, then continuing your path ahead. You feel your heart skip just a little. No, go away feelings. You just met the kid. knOCK IT O F F. Not today hoe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
1762 words.

Fun fact: I wrote all of this laying across 3 different chairs in hospice at 3m.

L i t

Also these songs dont necessarily have to do with the chapters. It might just be what I was listening to at the time or what inspired some of the chaper. Or one I like!

Anyways, chapter 3 will be Sals POV of his first day! This sweet bun. I'm starting to really like writing this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 629K 75
An Arranged Marriage Story. #1 Hot (17-11-23) #1 Happyending (17-11-23) #2 Shy (13-11-23) #3 Cold hearted (27- 10- 23) POWER!!!!! That's what he alwa...
497K 47.1K 33
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
221K 16K 20
"YOU ARE MINE TO KEEP OR TO KILL" ~~~ Kiaan and Izna are like completely two different poles. They both belong to two different RIVAL FAMILIES. It's...
43.8M 1.4M 90
Damien Stryker is a ruthless billionaire, but when Serena Mclane is forced to marry him, she hopes to find the mercy behind his cold eyes and strong...