The Alpha King's Mate

By Bookdragon2022

"Y-your H-highness? I-i'm sorry b-but t-there m-must b-be a-a m-mistake..." A loud growl sounded through the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Im Sorry!!
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
😬
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Internet Sucks!!
Chapter 28
I need your help πŸ‘orπŸ‘Ž

Chapter 5

937K 26.8K 10.7K
By Bookdragon2022

After a long car ride and the Alpha going over and over the rules for the night and making threats if I broke one.

Don't talk back

Don't interrupt

No Drinking

No looking into High Ranking wolves eyes

Don't speak unless spoken to

Follow every demand Luna Adaline makes

Then came the list of threats.

No food for a week

No water for four days

Extra chores for a year

Everyday beatings

And the lists went on and on. As Alpha was making his rules and using his Alpha voice I could hear and feel Kenna pacing around in my mind.

I hate him. Let me at him! Let me at him! By the way something is going to happen tonight! I can feel it!!

Kenna he is our Alpha! We must respect him and obey him! Besides we are going to live being his servant and personal punching bag for the rest of our lives. I'm sorry that you got stuck with me Kenna.

Oh shut up Audrey! I wouldn't want any other person to be stuck with. The Moon Goddess paired us together for a reason!

"Alright we're here and one wrong move Omega and I will follow through on my threats! Do you understand me?!"

Luna Adaline gave me a gentle smile and slight nod of her head.

"Y-yes A-alpha."

With that he got out of the car, held out a hand for Luna Adaline with a smile plastered onto his face. He then held a hand out for me to help me out of the car and through gritted teeth he whispered in my ear to remember the rules and consequences. Then he dropped my hand and linked arms with Luna Adaline letting me trail behind.

Through the grand doors of the Palace Alpha Jordan led Luna Adaline and I, along with the rest of the pack behind us, we all walked towards the ballroom doors. The doors were of a beautiful pearl with blue gemstones in intricate patterns.

Inside the doors was a grand ballroom and from the the doorway you could see that the doors opened to a set of grand staircases that wound down on each side. From the landing I could see that the room was decorated in blue and white tones and crystal chandeliers that made you imagine there were really stars clustered together.

Straight across from where the stairs are I could see a balcony with six thrones evenly spaced out. Two thrones were larger than the rest with a carving of a howling wolf carved into the head of them. Two more thrones were a medium size and I could only guess that those were where the former King and Queen sat. The two smallest thrones were most likely for the prince and princess. That leaves the two large thrones for the current Alpha King and his mate.

The ballroom was already full of people and as we descended the staircases and I could feel myself slowly become uneasy. Kenna kept pacing in my mind and I could tell she was nervous as well. Luna Adaline sensed my uneasiness and left Alpha Jordan to link arms with me.

"Deep breaths dear. That's it! No one will hurt you here. Lets try and have fun and meet a few people, yeah?"

As she finished whispering this into my ear I could sense a couple with power radiating off of them. Alpha Jordan was the first to speak.

"Ah, Alpha Ben and Luna Susan! How are you and the Eastern Mountain Pack doing these days? We must call a meeting to update or alliance and catch up!"

A few more Alpha's and Luna's came up to Luna Adaline and Alpha Jordan, but one couple stood out to me. Maybe it was because they noticed me or maybe was it that they were a Beta couple with the same amount of power coming off of them as an Alpha? The Beta Female was the first to acknowledge me.

"Hello! You must be Adaline's Lady-In-Waiting tonight, yes? You look marvelous! Doesn't she look nice Dominic?"

The Beta just nodded and gave me a warm smile. I later found out they were the Beta couple of the Moonlight Eclipse pack and that Luna Adaline and the Beta Female, Jorgie, used to be close. Luna Adaline was Jorgie's babysitter.

Thirty minutes later and order was called to the room. Luna Adaline whispered that this was when the Royal family would join the crowd and be introduced. The Beta and Jorgie were the ones who announced the Family as they walked and stood in front of their designated thrones.

"Thank You all for coming tonight! If you all would direct your attention to the Royal Balcony... Presenting to you Princess Andria and Prince Dustin. Presenting the former King and Queen, His Highness, Alpha Reginald and her Highness Luna Sophia. Introducing His Royal Highness, our Alpha King, Alpha Lucas!"

With The mention of Alpha Lucas, everyone bowed down or curtseyed with a hand over their heart in a symbol of loyalty. The Alpha King then said one word.

"Rise."

With that word Kenna started to go crazy and saying something but she was so excited I couldn't figure out what it was.

The whole crowd rose as music started to play and a few couples started to dance. I noticed the Alpha King and his family talking amongst themselves and simultaneously walk through the doors they just came through. A minute later and I noticed the King and his parents making pleasantries with Alpha's of the packs.

Alpha Jordan put a arm around Luna Adaline's waist and broadened his smile as the Royal family came closer to where we were standing.

"Audrey dear? Why don't you go and mingle hm? You don't have to but the Royals are coming close and I don't want you overwhelmed."

I was touched by Luna Adaline's words but one look towards Alpha Jordan and I knew to stay where I was. Most likely to make sure I didn't embarrass him or the pack.

As we waited for the Royal Family I noticed the young prince and princess, no older than sixteen, dancing together and laughing.

That's when I caught a smell that made Kenna yip and become even more excited then she was. The scent was hard to place and smelt like sandalwood and a fresh rain, with a hint of cologne. It smells so delicious I could feel my mouth start to water.

Alpha Jordan's all to familiar growl could be heard and I immediately put my head down in a submissive state and tried to make myself look smaller.

Seconds passed and the scent started to grow stronger and Kenna became happier and more restless.

A few more seconds ticked by and the most attractive voice I have ever heard graced my ears with their sound.

"Hello Alpha Jordan and Luna Adaline. Always nice seeing you too. Who is your Lady-In-Waiting tonight Luna Adaline?"

Before Luna Adaline could speak a word I heard a deep inhale and a low growl occur simultaneously.

Alpha Jordan quickly jumped into the conversation saying, "No one of importance your Highness. She is the pack servant and my wife graciously found pity on the girl and decided to bring her."

Alpha Jordan tried to distract the Alpha King from seeing me and kept trying to block me from view of him. He kept rambling about how I am worthless and the longer he talked the more the panic sitting in my chest grew. Kenna was not helping and kept pacing and saying things I couldn't understand.

"Alpha Jordan, if you would like to keep your body able to move then I suggest you step aside and let me see this young woman."

Alpha Jordan nodded his head vigorously and stepped away from in front of me. Luna Adaline stepped backwards and stood next to me whilst giving me a feeling of reassurance to not be afraid.

I kept my head down and waited for the King to leave but instead of hearing footsteps leading away from me, footsteps were heard leading to stand in front of me.

The Alpha King stood directly in front of me to where I could see his shoes. They were made of what seemed to be pure black leather. The stitching was very neat and spaced evenly along the whole outline of his shoes.

A sudden growl startled me and caused me to involuntarily jump slightly. My whole being was telling me to look up to see the face of our King but Alpha Jordan's command kept my head down.

"Look. At. Me."

Those three words sent a shiver down my spine and caused my legs to feel weak. I knew Alpha Jordan's command was broken but I was still too scared to look up at the King's face.

Two growls could be heard. One from Alpha Jordan for disobeying the King and for knowing one of his commands was broken. Most likely getting a beating for this even though it's not technically my fault. The other growl came from the King because I disobeyed him which is a sign of disrespect. Great now he's going to beat us in front of everyone here. Might as well see his face up close before he kills me. So with one deep breath I lift my head and lock eyes with the Alpha King.

His eyes are mesmerizing. The outside rim of his eyes were a deep ocean blue. His eyes slowly grew to a darker sky blue with specks of silver and a light shade of green hidden within their depths. One word from his lips snaps me out of my trance.

"Mate."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 22.9K 5
Excerpt only: I quickly run in their direction as my claws elongate into fierce points. I watch as a man in all black strikes down and kills one of...
2.3M 66.7K 51
Amelia Davis is 20 and she's apart of the Moonlight pack. She has already shifted and she hasn't found her mate yet. This doesn't worry her because s...
21.9K 704 19
Preview: I feel the blood running down my head from the attack. I try to move but my hands are pulled back from the silver chains on tied to the wal...
28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...