Beholden | NaLu |

By bleuebellebleue

Lucy's breath hitched. "You saved mine, so I'll have to save yours. That's just how it works. So, naturally... More

β€’ O N E β€’
β€’ T W O β€’
β€’ T H R E E β€’
β€’ F O U R β€’
β€’ F I V E β€’
β€’ S I X β€’
β€’ S E V E N β€’
β€’ E I G H T β€’
β€’ N I N E β€’
β€’ T E N β€’
β€’ E L E V E N β€’
β€’ T W E L V E β€’
β€’ F O U R T E E N β€’
β€’ F I F T E E N β€’
β€’ S I X T E E N β€’
β€’ S E V E N T E E N β€’
β€’ E P I L O U G E β€’

β€’ T H I R T E E N β€’

3.2K 146 208
By bleuebellebleue

•••

"Natsu? Whaaaaaahhhhhh-!"

She was not even given a moment more, for Natsu had started dragging her alongside him, grinning like an idiot.

"What-What are you doing?" She asked, frantically trying to keep up with his pace while simultaneously trying and failing to free her hand.

"Hold on tight now Luce."

Perhaps it was her desperate attempts to free herself that irked him, or maybe just his mischievous nature, for in the next instant, he had grabbed her by her waist, and heaved her up in his arms, bridal style.

"N-Natsu?" She asked shyly, blushing profusely at their close proximity.

"Ughh Luce! Too many late night snacks?"

It took her a moment to realise what he meant and she was ticked off again, now struggling to get out of his grasp.

"Let me down you jerk!"

He was totally nonchalant at her struggles, instead holding her even closer and tighter than before, not planning to let go.

He grinned again, tightening his grip.

"Get ready~"

"What are you doiAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH-!"

One moment they were on the ground and the other they were in the air, flying. Literally flying, with the cool air whipping at their faces.

Lucy tightened her hold around his neck, burying her face in his warm chest.

"Natsu don't let go." She mumbled weakly, unsure if he'd even listen against the howling of the wind.

However, he slightly squeezed his hold on her, leaning in to be closer to her. "Don't worry." He assured, comforting her. "I will never."

She gingerly opened her eyes to look up at him, and he was staring right back at her, with such softness that made her heart melt.

"I'm scared that you'll drop me because you think I'm heavy." She joked, trying to lighten the mood.

He scrunched up his brows as if he was in deep thought, and then smirked. "Ah. Who knows? I might."

Suddenly, they started losing altitude, for Natsu stopped his flight.

"Natsu?" Lucy shrieked, sacred to death.

"Oh no! Looks like I lost my fire booster! Agghh where is Happy when you need him?"

"WHAT?"

Lucy shut her eyes tightly, scared to face what was going down. Her hold tightened even more, clutching Natsu as her support.

"I don't want to die!"

She waited for the fall to come, except that it didn't. Hesitantly, she opened her eyes, expecting the worst.

"Did you really think I was going to let you fall?"

His deep, soothing voice brought her attention back to him, only to find him smiling like an idiot.

He looked so handsome in the moonlight.

'Wait what?' She thought. What is wrong with me? Since when did I start viewing him like that? Ughh curse you Levy for getting it all in my head!"

She shook her head, as if doing this would get all these thoughts out. That was when it all dawned on her.

"You did it on purpose, didn't you?"

He gave a toothy grin, returning back to his playful self.

"C'mon! What is an adventure without a little fun?"

"Fun my foot." She bellowed, glaring at him angrily. "This is not classified as 'fun'."

"Live to take a bit of risks too Luce." He said, still smiling. "Life's better that way. Always new, always exiting. Always..spontaneous."

She huffed, looking away.

"Besides.." he continued. "You have nothing to worry about. I'll always protect you. No matter what."

He had mumbled the last part, but she still heard him. Before she could even react to his sudden declaration, they were in the air again, for he leapt once more.

This time, she didn't shut her eyes. She looked down to the bustling city of Magnolia, glittering with lights of the night. To the people below, she was sure they would look like nothing more than a passing meteor, which was somehow, bizarrely going upwards instead of shooting down.

The sight was breathtaking to say the least.

After a while, he asked her to close her eyes.

"Why?"

"Just trust me."

His smile, his 'oh so attractive' smile didn't even give her a chance to fully comprehend. She immediately complied, without as much as another thought.

After a while, she felt them stop, but he still hadn't let go of her. She cleared her throat, in an attempt to grab his attention.

"Can I open them now?"

His soft voice replied with a 'yes' and Lucy finally opened them, slowly, and in deep anticipation.

Her breath caught up in her throat, and she stared, mesmerised, at the beautiful sight in front of her.

She slowly got off of his arms, and made her way to the railing, towards the edge.

She recognised this place, it was none other than the highest point of Magnolia, the Kardia hills. From here, she could see the big, white moon, the beautiful sea of stars, and the glittering and beloved city of Magnolia.

It was truly an ethereal sight.

Natsu walked over too, leaning on the support next to her.

"You like it?" He asked, looking intently at her.

"Like it?" Luck breathed. "Oh Natsu, I love it!"

In her excitement, she ended up hugging him, burying her face in his chest and wrapping her arms around his waist. For some reason, of all the times they've hugged before, this was different. This was intimate.

He hugged her back too, slightly caressing her back. It sent shivers down her spine, his touch intoxicating.

Before she could completely lose herself in his scent, his touch and his being, she pulled away, however immediately missing his warmth. It was cold outside and the high altitude certainly didn't make it any better.

"Come close. You're cold."

Although hesitant at first, because of these newfound feelings and desires, his warmth was far too inviting. So unwillingly, and a little willingly, she obliged, huddling in closer to him.

"Thank you." She whispered, smiling at the marvellous sight in front of her.

And one that was beside her.

He tightened his hold on her, something he was doing very often. It never hurt, for his touch was always gentle and soothing. It was more of a protective hold, like a promise to never let go.

"No problem." He whispered. "Levy told me you love the night skies."

Lucy laughed, touched that he would actually pay attention at such small details about her. "Perks of being a nyctophile I suppose."

She leaned her head against his shoulder, leaning in closer than before. Her sudden gesture got him to stiffen slightly, but then he relaxed. However, his right hand hovered above her left one, and he slightly brushed past it, testing the waters. When she didn't object or pull it away, he timidly curled his pinky finger around hers, before intertwining their fingers.

Lucy kept on repeating to herself that it was all to provide her with warmth in this crazy cold temperature.

Whereas Natsu kept on assuring himself that his heart won't jump out of his chest any moment.

Lucy tried her hardest to concentrate on the breathtaking sight in front of her, but just his presence next to her was an obstacle enough. So, him holding her hand made things even more hard.

Finally, unable to take it anymore, she stole a glance to him, only to see him looking at the stars up ahead, his face bathed in beautiful, silver moonlight.

She looked away hurriedly, tryingly to calm her crazy beating heart.

Natsu too, stole a glance at her, but turned away soon, wide eyed, when he saw how utterly gorgeous she looked in that silver moonlight of the night.

And in that moment, under the breathtaking sky of stars and the big white moon, did they both realise, that they were falling for each other. Deeply.

•••

*cries*
Look at that..that video. If I won't cry looking at this then who will?😭
Seriously though, this might as well be the best ending of spring. Oh and that Natsu and Gray showdown is KILLING MEH!

Well, here you go with another chapter! This is one of my fav by far, and the next one is love too😂

Until then!
Belle🌸
🔥❤️🔑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431K 14.3K 50
Lucy Heartfilia and Natsu Dragneel are best friends since they are young. They are always together. They do everything together. They don't keep secr...
8.3K 169 16
Natsu returns from a year since he left Fairy tail to become stronger. But in the time he left Fairy Tail disbanded. What happens when he realizes hi...
198K 7.4K 22
Lucy Heartfilia's death came as a shock to the entire Fairy Tail guild, but to none more than Natsu Dragneel. Devestated, he loses the will to fight...
327K 12.6K 14
Note: Won 1st place in AnimeWattyAwards in terms of Fairy Tail Category and Best Title, 3rd place in Best Cover. Highest Rank: #305 in Romance #66 in...