When Things Go the Wrong Righ...

By CDMarie

Excerpt: "What the hell?" I said pulling at my right wrist that was attached to the headboard. "It's about t... More

Introduction
Covers
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: New Path
Chapter 3: Dante
Chapter 4: Best Day Of His Life
Chapter 5: Lipgloss
Chapter 6: Becoming a Slayer
Chapter 7: Surprises and School
Chapter 8: Just a Typical High School Party
Chapter 9: Let's Not Get Sacrificed
Chapter 10: Escape
Chapter 11: Him Again
Chapter 12: Scary Dreams
Chapter 13: Betrayal
Chapter 14: Brotherly Love
Chapter 16: Reborn
Chapter 17: Opposite Day
Chapter 18: Vampira
Chapter 19: No Plan
Chapter 20: Blue Potion
Chapter 21: Sight
Chapter 22: Early Visitor
Chapter 23: Family
Chapter 24: Failed Escape
Chapter 25: Weak
Chapter 26: Heart Broken
Chapter 27: New Legal Guardian
Chapter 28: The New World
Chapter 29: Old Friend
Chapter 30: Working With The Enemy
Chapter 31: Betrayal
Chapter 32: Dreams Do Come True
Chapter 33: Reunited... ish
Chapter 34: Father Daughter Moment
Chapter 35: Annoying Witch
Chapter 36: Escape
Chapter 37: We Had A Deal
Chapter 38: Battle lines
Chapter 39: Lives Lost
Chapter 40: New Threat
Chapter 41: Not Again
Chapter 42: Strange Places
Chapter 43: Not So Friendly
Chapter 44: Surprise
Chapter 45: Changing the Future
Chapter 46: The End

Chapter 15: Sacrifice

43 6 0
By CDMarie

Chapter 15: (Unedited)

"Jake!" I yelled kneeling on the floor by his body.

Tears streaming from my face as I looked at my dead brother.

"Relax Lipgloss, he'll be conscious in about 15 minutes." Dante said rolling his eyes.

"YOU TURNED HIM?!!!"

"What part of the 'one thing you hate' did you not understand?"

I couldn't believe this, Jake was going to be a vampire. I looked at my brothers body petrified.

GASP!

My brother sat up and inhaled deeply.

"Jake are you okay?" I asked a concerned expression wore on my face like a mask.

"Okay? I'm amazing this new energy flowing through me is amazing. It's way better than I imagined." He said smiling as if this was the greatest thing ever.

"Imagined?"

"Dante thanks man." He said giving him a bro hug.

"You guys played me." I said realization hitting me like a brick. "You really haven't changed at all, Jake. I can't believe I was so easy to believe you."

"It's not your fault you're so easily playable."

"Congrats Jake, you tore us apart again. Just in time for me to die." I said turning and walking back to the house.

I checked the time and it was 11:15. 45 minutes until I'm dead. At least I won't have to face Jake or Dante after this.

"Ready?" Dante asked.

I didn't even notice him until he spoke.

"Yeah." I was surprised at how truthful it sounded.

I guess it was true. I was ready to get away from everything. I'm tired of getting hurt.

"Wow Marie, I expected you to be a little more heartbroken." Jake said.

"At least I'll be away from you."

"But I thought you were happy to have your best friend back?" His mocking tone made it seem like him and Dante have been spending way too much time together.

"You two are perfect for eachother. You're basically just a replica of the other. I can not wait till I am free of you both." I said turning and walking out the back door.

The first thing that caught my eye was Seth sitting on one of his outside chairs. I haven't even gave him as much as a thought. I was too worried about my brother.

"Seth." I said running and giving him an awkward hug.

I don't know why I was so excited to see him. It just seems that after everything that happened today he is the only good thing left. What is wrong with me? I am falling for a guy who is going to kill me tonight.

"Are you okay?" Seth asked as I sit down.

"I've been better, how about you?"

"Just upset and overwhelmed about tonight."

"I just want to get tonight over with." I sighed.

"Same."

We still had about 30 minutes till the ritual started. Seth and I watched as the others set up for the big event. Dante and Jake were exploring Jakes new view on the world. Lucky for me they were far away from me. As we came closer to the ritual my stomach got into more knotts.

"Ten more minutes." One vampire announced.

"Wow, ten minutes and I will be minutes from death."

"Or maybe it will be the beginning of a whole new chapter of your life." Seth suggested.

His use of the word 'life' in Seth's sentence confused me. A new chapter of my life? My life is going to be over soon. I hate how much I have accepted the thought of my death. Lipgloss the slayer wasn't suppose to give up, but I fear that I have been beat.

"Five minutes!" The vampire yelled.

Dante then approached us telling us that we needed to get in position.

This whole thing felt more like a play or performance than a evil vampire ritual. Seth and I got up and walked over to the ritual table. The ritual table was like a stone rectangle table. That had a bunch of things needed for the ritual including my necklace with my blood in it.

"Well this is it, you're last minutes with your heart beating."

"Yup." I looked away from Seth and up at the full moon.

I felt his hand touch mine and then his fingers slip in between mine. I smiled as I looked back at Seth.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope that you get treated better at the next chapter of your life." He said as he moved closer to me and kissed my lips.

"Okay time to start." Dante said pulling us apart.

He pulled me over to the sacrifice table and then cut open my left hand and had seth drink from it. Seth took nothing, but a swallow then his fangs released. Next Seth had to say a bunch of things in Latin. While he did so, Dante pulled me over to where my brother was standing.

"I don't agree." Jake said.

"Agree with what?" I asked annoyed.

"With you and Seth being all lovey about each other. I mean he is going to kill you." At first Jake's voice was normal then drifted into a soft whisper.

"I agree with your brother." Dante inputted.

"Well news flash I don't care what either of you think. I don't even know why you guys care. The only people you two care about is yourselfs." I said walking back over to where I was before.

"...take this human and transfer her strength to me." Seth said before walking over to me.

I have no idea when he switched from Latin to English. As he walked over to me, a glumb expression expression on his face, I couldn't help but think that he never really wanted to sacrifice me. That the other vampires made him.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah, you can kill me if I'm lyin." I chuckled.

"We will meet again sometime soon." He said before biting into my neck.

I wonder what he meant by that. I may never know now.

The pain of the blood being sucked out of me was different this time. It was... easy. Not unbearable pain. My body must know that I am literally getting the life sucked out of me. Things began to get fuzzy as my senses faded. Then it all went black as if I were merely falling asleep.

An image filled my mind of a little blond girl sitting on a hospital bed. She had just got a pink cast on her arm from falling off the playground and landing weird on her arm. Three people walked into the room. One a little ten year old boy with shaggy black hair known as Jake. The two others were adults in their mid 30's. The women had red hair, where the man had the same colored hair as the little boy. The family gathered around each other and the boy hugged his six year old sister. Then the image disappeared.

The young girl again appeared older now and in tears. She was outside a one story house that was white with a dark green trim. Her mother and father with bags and bags of cloths loaded into a taxi. Her brother standing next to her in his own puddle of tears. They both hugged their parents until the parents pushed them off. They would miss the plane to Italy if they didn't leave now. They got into the taxi, while the boy and girl watched the blurred car as it pulled out of the long driveway and disappeared. The image froze for a moment as if to keep the memory strong then began to fade into darkness.

Another image appeared, the girl months later in a tree house in the middle of a forest. She was with a boy. Not her brother, but someone else. Someone new and mysterious. The stranger had blond shaggy hair and blue eyes. He was very muscular also. The girl and the boy were laughing, something the girl hadn't done in a long time. The girl liked being around the boy. He was nice to her and cared about her. She hoped this moment would last forever. As this image faded a bunch of other childhood memories popped up. One where she was off to her first day of fifth grade, when she learned how to ride a bike.

I waited for more but, none came.

My eyes opened and I gasp as the air filled my lungs once again.

End of Part One!

Da Da Dun

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 26.6K 43
[COMPLETED] BOOK TWO OF HIS MAFIA QUEEN. NOT TO BE READ AS A STAND-ALONE. DESCRIPTION CONTAINS SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK |Disclai...
7.2K 65 11
We always despised each other to the core, and we would always find a way to pull each other down and ruin each other's plans. We were like polar op...
135 6 10
My chest filled with a searing pain, matching the intensity of the tremors of the earth. I had to go home to make sure my Ma and Pa were okay. .... ...
1M 27.6K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...