When Things Go the Wrong Righ...

By CDMarie

Excerpt: "What the hell?" I said pulling at my right wrist that was attached to the headboard. "It's about t... More

Introduction
Covers
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: New Path
Chapter 3: Dante
Chapter 4: Best Day Of His Life
Chapter 5: Lipgloss
Chapter 6: Becoming a Slayer
Chapter 7: Surprises and School
Chapter 8: Just a Typical High School Party
Chapter 9: Let's Not Get Sacrificed
Chapter 10: Escape
Chapter 11: Him Again
Chapter 12: Scary Dreams
Chapter 14: Brotherly Love
Chapter 15: Sacrifice
Chapter 16: Reborn
Chapter 17: Opposite Day
Chapter 18: Vampira
Chapter 19: No Plan
Chapter 20: Blue Potion
Chapter 21: Sight
Chapter 22: Early Visitor
Chapter 23: Family
Chapter 24: Failed Escape
Chapter 25: Weak
Chapter 26: Heart Broken
Chapter 27: New Legal Guardian
Chapter 28: The New World
Chapter 29: Old Friend
Chapter 30: Working With The Enemy
Chapter 31: Betrayal
Chapter 32: Dreams Do Come True
Chapter 33: Reunited... ish
Chapter 34: Father Daughter Moment
Chapter 35: Annoying Witch
Chapter 36: Escape
Chapter 37: We Had A Deal
Chapter 38: Battle lines
Chapter 39: Lives Lost
Chapter 40: New Threat
Chapter 41: Not Again
Chapter 42: Strange Places
Chapter 43: Not So Friendly
Chapter 44: Surprise
Chapter 45: Changing the Future
Chapter 46: The End

Chapter 13: Betrayal

49 6 0
By CDMarie

Chapter 13: (Unedited)

The next morning when I woke up Seth wasn't there. I looked around the room, but everything was untouched. Nothing was added except a little yellow piece of paper that was folded in half.

Marie,

Talking with vampires be back soon.

-S

Okay I guess I will just sit here...and sit....and sit. I felt as if I was part of a movie where the scene is just the person sitting there for long periods of time. By the time he got back I had died from boredom.

"Hey." He said with an expression that I could only make out meant that something happened... something bad.

"Hey." I replied expressing my confusion in tone and facial expressions.

The rest of the day was really quiet. Seth didn't really talk at all, he just seemed so deep in thought. It got me wondering what the hell happened today. He almost looked heart broken as if he was a lost puppy.

"Don't ask." Seth said his voice unrecognizable as his own.

"Okay." Was all I replied.

I understand sometimes you just don't want to talk. Talking could make it worse. I don't like talking about my brother. It makes me feel as if I am going through it again. It was getting late and I am bored out of my mind. So without anything better to do with my life, I went to sleep.

I had the dream again. When the knife went in it felt even more real than before. It freaked me out.

I woke up and Seth was gone again. I glance over the room and found no note. I opened the door and a vampire that I talked to once when I first tried to escape. He had blond hair. He blocked my way out the door.

"Where is he?" I demanded.

"Who?"

"Don't play dumb, where is Seth?"

"He is away until the sacrifice tomorrow."

"The full moon is tomorrow? Why can't he see me?!"

"He is getting too attached."

I was confused wasn't Seth in control of the vampires, not the other around? If it was the other way around why are they so obsessed in breaking the ritual?

"Why-"

"No more questions." The blond vampire said shutting the door i my face.

This doesn't make sense. If they wanted to break the curse, why not do it themselves? I need answers and I'm clearly not going to get them from blondy. I grabbed my bag out of the closet from when Seth took it from me. I grabbed my books and looked through them, but there was nothing about the ritual. I reached in a stake. Well I better get going the full moon is tomorrow. I opened the door and staked the vampire.

"Have fun in hell."I said as I walked downstairs.

I went to the unbreakable front door and attempted to open it. After a couple of ouches and bangs the front door broke down. I ran outside and before I could reach the gate the army of vampires was lined up blocking my way.

"Move!" I demanded sharply.

"No the ritual will happen." One of them said with dark black hair and a sharp jaw line.

"Not if I have a say."

This dark haired vampire was clearly the leader of the group.

"Why do you want Seth to be the one to break it? Why not you or any other vampire?"

"Seth is the only of us who can. He is the strongest vampire who has ever lived. He must be the one."

I reached in my bag and grabbed a stake.

"Move or be dust." I warned.

All of the sudden someone came up behind me and grabbed me around my chest tightly. Tightly enough to the point where little air could get in. I looked to see who grabbed me and got a knot in my throat.

"Mr...Mr. Mystery?"

Standing in front of me was indeed the man who taught me everything about slayers. I can't believe this. That lady probably was a robot...or a vampire. Back to the important stuff though. He taught me only the basics probably so it would be easier for the vampires to find me.

"Didn't see that one coming did you?" He asked.

He tried to push me back towards the door, but I resisted.

"Hey guys need some help." He announced.

The vampire with the dark hair came over and threw me over his shoulder. He carried me back up the stairs despite my attempts to get away. He dropped me down on the bed before he left. Mr. Mystery followed us all the way and nodded a thanks as the other vampire left.

"You were a vampire this whole time!" I said partly thinking out loud.

"Yup."

"I can't believe this."

He got u and started pacing while I layed back and closed my eyes. This is unreal. They really planned everything out. They wanted me to be a slayer and learn more about the slayers. The learning my address and then sending Seth in. The only thing that doesn't make sense is how they knew where the next slayer would be. Unless...

"Did Dante and you plan on me wanting to become a slayer? Did he bite me so I would want to become one?" I asked hoping it wasn't true.

"He agreed to bite you and taught you. That was all though he can't be trusted with the rest. I knew he would get attached."

"Did he know that you planned on killing me?" I said as tears threatened to escape my eyes as the words barely left my mouth.

"Yes, he knew we were planning on sacrificing you. I believe his exact words were and I quote 'One human's life to create the strongest vampire?! Who could say no? It's just one little human life.' He was ecstatic to help."

The tears held back no longer as they streamed down my face. I couldn't believe Dante acted like he cared and the whole time he was just pretending. If he was pretending does that mean....No I can't think about it, but I need to know.

"Did... Did...Ni..: I can't even speak, tears were pouring down my face like a river flows to a ocean.

"You're wondering about Nicholas?"

I nodded.

"No, his heart is too pure. Even with being a vampire." He said discussed.

At least one person is who they seem they are.

"I can see you need some time. I'll give you some space." He said walking out the room with a smile.

I can't even begin to process this. I continued to cry, then went to punching and screaming into a pillow. I was mad, sad, and confused. How is everything a lie? I layed on the bed and thought about everything. How could Dante pretend to care? I laughed when a thought popped into my head.

Nicholas is going to kill Dante if he ever found out. I am going to be there when that happens. I got off the bed and dried the remainder tears off my face and opened the door.

"What are you doing?" Mr. Mystery said rolling his eyes.

I was getting out.

I kicked him in the gut and he went through the wall into another bedroom I haven't seen before.

"Going to kill Dante." I said still looking back as I walked into something.

I couldn't breath or move. Partly because Dante had my arms behind my back holding me as tight as he could.

"Coming to kill me, huh?" He said as I turned to look at him.

"Why did you do it?" I look at him with a disgusted expression.

"I've done a lot of things. You are going to have to be more specific."

"How could you pretend to care about me?"

"You're just a dumb human." He words were harsh and cruel, but true nonetheless.

I threw my right leg back and into Dante's crouch. He was only down for a minute while I reached into my bag and grabbed a stake. He moved fast and gripped my hand without the stake. I swung the stake at his chest, but he caught my wrist and drove the stake into my arm. I felt like 100 needles stabbed into my arm. I screamed in pain!

"Did that get your attention?" He asked as he pulled my unstaked arm leading back into the room.

He seemed oblivious to the fact that the stake was in my arm still. The pain burned to the point where the option of losing my arm might hurt less.

Dante sat me down on the bed, but I hardly noticed. The only thing I could focus on now is ways to make the pain stop. After going over all my options and narrowing it down to possible things I would be willing to do. I came up with a solution.

"AHH." I screamed from grabbing the stake.

Dante being familiar with the sound of me in pain turned from the wall opposite of the bed where he has been standing.

"Pulling it out will only make it bleed excessively." He said having no trouble figuring out what I was doing.

I ignored his comment and continued trying to grab the stake, but letting go because the pain was unbearable. I took a minute to slow my heartbeat before I tried again. I pulled it for what felt like half an inch, but it was still very far into my skin.

"Fine you want it out?" He clarified before walking over to me.

I screamed as he pulled it out and I grabbed over the wound hoping it would stop hurting and bleeding, but was unsuccessful in both.

The door swung open and Mr. Mystery ran in the door.

"Remember you have to keep her alive!" He reminded Dante.

"I am."

"The screaming isn't very assuring." Mr. Mystery said looking at me.

"Go grab something to wrap her arm up and stop the bleeding." Dante ordered.

Mr. Mystery nodded as he walked out the door. I could feel Dante's eyes on me, but avoided them. I could look at someone who stabbed me in the back.

"So are you just going to avoid me till you're dead?"

"It's not like it will be very long." I said still avoiding eye contact.

"Marie, you're being so dramatic!"

That's where I snapped.

"Dramatic?! I'm being dramatic?! I'm the one who you set up to become a slayer by biting me! Then taunting me just so you and your buddies could create the strongest vampire on earth! So I'm sorry if I seem DRAMATIC!!" I screamed.

"Wow, must have felt good to let that out." He said teasing me.

I snapped again.

"Enough with the playful teasing! You lost that when I found out that you were part of it!" I yelled disgusted and hurt.

I stared at him with my strong disgusted look for about a minute before Mr. Mystery walked in.

"Here." He said handing him an ace bandage.

He took it and walked over to me as Mr. Mystery walked out of the room. Dante unfolded the ace bandage then stared at my wound.

"What?" I asked annoyed after he spent the last minute staring at my wound.

"I'm just remembering how your blood tasted."

I just rolled my eyes.

"Lift your arm so i can bandage it." He ordered.

"No." I responded.

"No?" He repeated with a confused expression.

"I don't want you to do it nor do I even want to be in the same room as you. Get someone else to do it."

"I would, except I'm now your guard till the ritual. I know all your patterns therefore it will be harder for you to escape."

"Not impossible thought." I said releasing out some of my teenage girl sass.

He didn't really like my sass too much and grabbed my arm forcefully before he started wrapping it. I glanced up at Dante every few seconds. I was disgusted by what I saw. Dante was enjoying this. He was enjoying the fact that I was in pain.

Once he was finished he looked up at me and smirked mischievously at seeing the my facial expression full of pain.

"Come on Marie, you are tougher than this." He said disappointed.

"Sorry that I'm a little distracted at the moment."

"Well get over it!"

I shook my head. How am I supposed to get over the fact that I will be dead in less than 48 hours? That was eating at my insides. So, sorry if I don't seem focused on keeping the tough girl facade.

After he was done wrapping the wound I moved further up on the bed so I could lean against the headboard.

"One thing still doesn't make sense. Why did you pretend to care? Why not just stay mysterious?"

"Thought it would be more enjoyable to watch when you found out." He shrugged as if it was no big deal.

"So it wasn't good enough that I am going through so much right now anyway? You just had to go and add more to my plate?" I asked rhetorically.

"It's fun to watch you when you have strong feelings." He said giving me a smirk.

I just look away shaking my head as I laid down, slowly drifting to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 68.4K 179
''After a few seconds of them staring at one another, Dante finally spoke. But his voice had changed; it was breathless and soft, echoing with a swee...
4.6M 84.4K 54
𝑃𝑅𝑂𝑀𝐼𝑆𝐸- (π‘›π‘œπ‘’π‘›) π‘Žπ‘› π‘Žπ‘π‘‘ π‘œπ‘“ π‘Žπ‘ π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘π‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘œπ‘›π‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘‘π‘œ π‘ π‘œπ‘šπ‘’π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘–π‘π‘’π‘™π‘Žπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–...
1.4K 161 23
Grey Dante, an advanced stubborn she-wolf, who wants nothing more than to explore. She is constantly abused, but still stands strong. Her advanced co...
6.9K 53 11
We always despised each other to the core, and we would always find a way to pull each other down and ruin each other's plans. We were like polar op...