When Things Go the Wrong Righ...

By CDMarie

Excerpt: "What the hell?" I said pulling at my right wrist that was attached to the headboard. "It's about t... More

Introduction
Covers
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: New Path
Chapter 3: Dante
Chapter 4: Best Day Of His Life
Chapter 5: Lipgloss
Chapter 6: Becoming a Slayer
Chapter 7: Surprises and School
Chapter 8: Just a Typical High School Party
Chapter 9: Let's Not Get Sacrificed
Chapter 10: Escape
Chapter 11: Him Again
Chapter 13: Betrayal
Chapter 14: Brotherly Love
Chapter 15: Sacrifice
Chapter 16: Reborn
Chapter 17: Opposite Day
Chapter 18: Vampira
Chapter 19: No Plan
Chapter 20: Blue Potion
Chapter 21: Sight
Chapter 22: Early Visitor
Chapter 23: Family
Chapter 24: Failed Escape
Chapter 25: Weak
Chapter 26: Heart Broken
Chapter 27: New Legal Guardian
Chapter 28: The New World
Chapter 29: Old Friend
Chapter 30: Working With The Enemy
Chapter 31: Betrayal
Chapter 32: Dreams Do Come True
Chapter 33: Reunited... ish
Chapter 34: Father Daughter Moment
Chapter 35: Annoying Witch
Chapter 36: Escape
Chapter 37: We Had A Deal
Chapter 38: Battle lines
Chapter 39: Lives Lost
Chapter 40: New Threat
Chapter 41: Not Again
Chapter 42: Strange Places
Chapter 43: Not So Friendly
Chapter 44: Surprise
Chapter 45: Changing the Future
Chapter 46: The End

Chapter 12: Scary Dreams

47 6 1
By CDMarie

Chapter 12: (Unedited)

When I finally opened my eyes after who knows how long, I realized pretty quickly that I was in Seth's room.

"You almost got me. You were about two minutes from death. Why are you always so stupid?"

I looked over and he was lying on the bed next to me. I decided not to answer his question. I was too busy worrying about the fact that my left cheek was all swollen. I was worried if I opened my mouth that it would hurt.

"You hungry?"

I didn't speak. Not that he cared.

"Wow did I actually shut you up for a change?"

I rolled over so that I couldn't see him. I just wanted to rest, I was in a lot of pain.

"Fine don't talk, it would probably hurt anyway."

Part of me wants these two weeks to be over, but the majority of me doesn't want them to end. I know I don't have a chance of getting away know.

"Jesse!" Seth called.

"What?" A dark short haired guy asked as he walked into the room.

"Will you get Lipgloss here a chocolate protein shake. Oh and make sure you add some ice cream, too."

"Fine." He said leaving the room.

I decided I wasn't going to eat. If I am going to die, it's not going to be from letting him sacrifice me. I'm giving up. It kills me, but I can't let him win. Jesse walked back in and tried to hand me the chocolate shake with a straw. I just shook my head and looked away.

"You need to eat." Seth stated.

I just ignored him.

"Great." He said sarcastically. "Just set it down on the night stand." He said motioning to the block of wood sitting next to me.

I continued to look at the ground next to me as Jesse walked out of the room. I knew there was a lecture doomed to come my way.

"Really you're not going to eat? Is this because of your cheek or are you sick? Oh wait it's because you're basically dead anyways, right?"

Does he ever SHUT UP?! I continued to look away from him. Then he pulled my chin so I was forced to look at him. What happened next is something I will probably never understand. He kissed me. Who the hell does he think he is?

"Bloody hell!" I said trying to back away from him, but he held me still.

"Finally! I guess it is true, always kiss a girl to get what you want." He smirked.

"What?!" I asked demanding him to tell me.

"Eat."

"No!" I said surprised that it didn't hurt that much.

"Eat!" He demanded.

I shook my head.

"Eat or I will shove it down your throat."

I stared at him waiting for him to do it.

"I don't get it. I thought you would never give up." He said as he leaned over me to grab the cup.

He then sat me up and put the cup up to my mouth, expecting me to drink. I couldn't help, but laugh. I moved my head back into the pillow so I could speak, but once I opened my mouth he poured the shake into my throat. I began to inhale the shake, which then lead to me choking and spitting it out all over Seth.

He just sat there with a pissed off.

"You have three seconds to run, before I kill you." He said through clenched teeth.

I quickly got up and ran out the door.

"1. 2. 3!" He yelled.

I heard the fast foot steps approaching and quickened my pace. Skipping half the stairs and just jumping over the railing. I then ran into the kitchen I grabbed the first thing I could find. Which happened to be the chocolate syrup I left on the counter.

"Marie!" I heard Seth shout.

I quickly ducked down behind the island.

"You are aware I can smell your blood, right?" He asked his voice getting closer and closer.

I stand up and see he is just on the other side of the island.

"Seth stay back." I warned aiming the chocolate syrup.

"Or what? You will squirt me to death?" He laughed.

"Yes!" I replied squeezing the bottle and having it go all over Seth's face.

"Okay now you are really dead." He said and before I could even react he threw me over his shoulder.

"Where are we going?! Put me down!" I yelled hitting his back.

"You'll see." I could see the smirk on his face during that comment.

He then walked outside and toward the pool.

"Seth!" I yelled warningly.

"Have a nice swim." He said dropping me in.

The water wasn't as cold as I would have expected it. It would have actually been quite enjoyable if it wasn't for the clothes clinging to my body.

Splash!

The next thing I know water is everywhere. I look for the culprit and see Seth shaking his hair like a dog while he was treading water in the pool.

We swam around for a while and it was really fun. I almost forgot why I needed to get out of here dead or alive before the sacrifice. I got to snap out of it though, this guy is planning on killing me just so he can become the strongest vampire undead.

"Come on let's head inside." He said taking me away from my thoughts.

We walked back upstairs and I sat on the bed staring at the shake that was now melted. Should I just drink it? Maybe Seth is right, I don't ever give up. Why should I start now? If I am going to escape this horrific fate then I would need my strength.

The rest of the evening was pretty dead. We just sat in silence, it gave me a lot of time to think. Is it bad that I don't miss my old life? That I have no regrets, except for not leaving it sooner. I know it's okay to not miss my brother and the way he treated me, but what about when we were a family? When we loved each other and would never do anything to hurt them. I didn't even care that I wasn't going to see him or my parents again.

Part of me is bothered with how much I have changed. I decided that I should stop thinking about this. People change when they want to or need to. I needed to change. If I didn't then where would I be? At home, still my brother's punching bag? No I promise myself I will never be that weak and vulnerable again.

I need go to sleep I can't think about this anymore.

I was running as fast I possibly could, but it didn't seem to be fast enough. I had no clue where I was. It was dark and took every bit of light to see where the trees were so I didn't run into one. I was running, but from what?I looked back and saw a shadowed figure running toward me.

The dark figure was gaining on me. Then tackled me, pinned my arms down and stuck a empty syringe into my shoulder draining me of some of...pink bubble gum colored liquid? I had seen this liquid before, but where?

I forgot about the liquid the second I saw who was pinning me down. Seth set the syringe down and then bit into my neck. The pain was like nothing I ever felt before. Then when I thought nothing could get any worse, he released my neck and then stabbed me in the thigh with a knife.

Scream!

I sat up and I checked my surroundings. I'm in Seth's room. Thank goodness. I looked at Seth who looked confused and worried.

"I'm okay it was just a dream." I said more to myself.

I didn't know if I should go back to sleep because more often than not the dream continues. I am so tired though, I lied back down and just kept repeating to myself that it was just a dream. I fell back asleep after what felt like at least 20 minutes.

HE pulled the knife out then stabbed it in again. The pain was unbearable and uncomparable to anything my brother has ever done. He pulled it out and bit me again. Draining me of my blood until things got fuzzy and I gasped my last...

Gasp!

I woke again and to my relief the sun was up. I looked down at my hands to realize I was shaking, bad. I kept telling myself it wasn't real, but it didn't help. I was almost positive that the reason I wasn't calming down was because this dream felt so real. It could be real. I mean Seth is planning on sacrificing me and I am almost positive he wasn't going to make it quick. Why would he after everything I put him through? My stomach knotted at the thought.

"Morning." Seth said.

I rubbed my eyes and then replied. "Morning."

We then accompanied each other downstairs to get some breakfast. Seth's breakfast was blood, were mine is ice cream!

"Isn't it a little early for ice cream" Seth laughed.

"Hey, you only live once, right?"

"True."

I continued eating my ice cream until I was sick.

"So what do you want to do today?" He surprisingly asked.

"Besides sit on your bed all day long?"

"Hey you only have a limited amount of days left might as well make everyday worth it." He shrugged.

For the rest of the day we went outside, ran around, and played games with the vampire gang.

"Tired?" He asked as I plopped down on the bed.

"Um...I am physically tired and mentally awake." I answered

"Makes sense."

We sat there and talked for a while. I learned a lot about him. I learned that he was turned back in the early 1900's and his favorite color is blue. It's strange to get close to the guy that's plotting your end!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 3.7K 17
" Well shoot " he looked shocked by my request. " You're not afraid to die?" I scoffed at his dumb question, isn't my request enough answer? " listen...
1.2M 27.5K 87
Jasmine Petrova I downed a shot of tequila, allowing the burning liquid to slide down my throat and settle in my stomach. I deserved to have some fun...
135 6 10
My chest filled with a searing pain, matching the intensity of the tremors of the earth. I had to go home to make sure my Ma and Pa were okay. .... ...
1.4K 161 23
Grey Dante, an advanced stubborn she-wolf, who wants nothing more than to explore. She is constantly abused, but still stands strong. Her advanced co...