Kuch Love Jaisa (VirMaan FF)

By Preetx

VirMaan FF... I wrote long ago. There's no logic. Love just happens. Even when it's mostly unlikely - VirMaan... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11

Part 6

140 6 9
By Preetx

"Hey!"

Maanvi came to an abrupt halt as she heard someone called her by her name.

"Maanvi, right?" the person smiled, now extending his hand.

"Yes, how did you know?" she stood there perplexed as the young man smiled again.Who was he to disrupt her bhangra? She was quite enjoying herself, dancing merrily when the stranger decided to drop in.

"I'm sorry to disturb you," the guy began," I'm Prem. Glad to meet you!"

She hesitantly shook his hand, her eyes still filled with confusion.

"I'm not going to bite you know!" Prem exclaimed, "I'm not one of the vampires out there!"

She chuckled, tension easing off at his remark.

"Toh kahiye, aap ne kaise padhaar diya..aur kyoun?" she finally smiled back.

"Bas aise hi, US se yahaan aagaya..bhai ki shaadi mein..Yun, samajh lijiye..aap jaise khaas logon se milne.."

She smiled.She knew, he was perhaps trying to get to know about her, perhaps even trying to flirt with her, but there was something in his genuine smile that made her feel alright.

"US se aaye the aap?" she asked, shaking off his words, attempting a new conversation.

"Haan! Infact, mere saare dost aaye the! Shaadi keliye.."

"Oh!" she mumbled before staring in another direction.

"Aap dance bahut acchi kar lethi ho!" he remarked again," I mean- I wouldn't be able to do bhangra even after an years training! That was brilliant!"

"Thanks!" she felt elated at the compliments, but couldn't really understand why he was doing that.Sure, she could ask him to get away, but he wsn't trying anything wrong.Poor guy, from US, must have found the dance interesting, she thought smiling.

"Arey! Prem!" she looked around to spot Virat's mother(Viren's mother too) rushing towardstheir direction.

"Prem, beta, Kaise ho?" the elderly woman inquired as the younger lad took her blessings, "jeethe raho, beta! "

"Virat! Zara yahaan aao beta!" she cried in delight, "dekho kaun aaya hai?"

"Main usse mil chuka hoon maa.." Prem replied calmly," aap se milke accha laga."

"Oh, hume bhi beta..do saal hogaye..Let's go! Puja, Atul, Shekar..Voh kaise hai?" she asked as Maanvi eyed them both with interest.

"Voh bhi aaye hai, maa," Prem smiled.

'Oh god! Virat ka bhai bhi hai? Jiju ke ek bhai se nipatna hi mushkil hai..ab doosra aagaya?' Maanvi mused.

"Maanvi! Meet Prem, Virat ke bachpan ka dost!" maa answered her question, as if she had read her mind.

"Hello!" she greeted Prem again.

"Hi!" he greeted back.

"Lets go Prem! Now, fresh up yourselves get, ready for the dinner! You know, how Dadaji reacts if you're late!" the old woman dragged him upstairs.

"Lets, go maa!" Prem followed her before tenderly taking her hand and kissing the top of it.

Maanvi's eyes widened.What just happened? How could he do that? Freaking citizen of USA! She would kill him for doing that, really!

Looking around, Maanvi let out a sigh of relief.'Thank god! Beeji isn't around! Or she'd make a fuss out of this! Prem! You're so dead! I'll let you know, I'm not one of the girls from your US!"
She shook her head before climbing the stairs.

~~~A moment earlier

Virat walked into the hall, looking for Prem.As expected, he was talking to Maanvi.He was amazed to see her there, talking animatedly, smiling at his remarks.He couldn't quite hear their conversation, but it felt as if they were engaged in a fun conversation.Maanvi was looking really happy there, as she shook his(Prem's) hand.An odd feeling arose in his chest, one which he never felt before.He certainly didn't want to admit it.But, he didn't like the way she was talking with a stranger.He had come to inform Prem, Viren wanted to talk with him.But, Prem was clearly in no mood for that.He shook his head, what was wrong with him? Prem was really good guy. What if he wished to talk with Maanvi? Perhaps, he was trying to get to know the dulhan's sister, before meeting bhabhi. Yes, that was it.

"Virat! Zara yahaan aao beta! dekho kaun aaya hai?"

He looked up to spot his mother who now stood next to Prem, smiling widely.

He started walking towards the duo but stopped dead in tracks watching Prem tenderly taking her hand and kissing the top of it.

Prem was just- Anger bubbled up inside him.Prem could do such mean things! Why couldn't he see, he was no more staying in the US? Dadaji would never tolerate his behaviour.It wasn't Maanvi's fault either, poor Prem must have been habituated to the atmosphere in the US.He certainly needed to talk, but later.He muttered something before taking the stairs.

~~~

Next morning~~

Maanvi yawned, someone was banging her door.She draped the blanket around her ears, cursing slightly.

"Kaun, hai.." she croaked in a strained whisper.

The person was being persistent.The banging continued.The sound wasn't that loud, but was loud enough to wake up the person inside.

Maanvi got up at once.She didn't want her di to wake up, it was too early in the morning, to get up.

'Kaun ho saktha hai..' she walked to the door and opened it cautiously.

The corridor was dimly lit.It was half past five in the morning and she had to rub her eyes to spot things correctly.She was about to shut the door after finding no one, when her eyes fell on the little package lying on the floor.

She opened the package and was amazed to find a bunch of yellow roses inside.A tiny note was tied to it.She shut the door, silently, pushing the bunch under her bed and began reading the note by her lamp side.

'Hello!

Aap ka gussa hona jaayez hai! I mean, mujhe aisa barthaav nahi karnaa chahiye.I was here with my friend to enjoy this wedding.Puja, Atul, Shekar..and me.Puja says, I dunno how to talk to a girl.She was right and I messed up things.I know, its rude to wake you up but, I wanna say..I'M SORRY! So, very sorry,Maanvi ji.Please 4give me, if you can.
Maa, toh humesha yahi kehthi hai ki..jab galthi ki ho, toh sacche dill se maafi maangna chahiye.I did that, if you forgive me, may be - we could be good friends.If you don't, I'll never disturb you again.

~Prem '

Maanvi sighed.Prem was so much similar to her! Pehle galthi karo, phir maafi maango! Should she really forgive him? Could she trust the guy? She wondered for a moment before tucking the note under her pillow.And pretty soon, she dozed off.

~~~ Later that morning~~

Maanvi got ready for the big day.It was her di's mehendi.She was searching for her mobile, crouching over her bed, when she found the note given by Prem.She really needed to find him.She pushed the note into her back, hid it safe enough from the eyes of her family members.Not that she was hiding any thing, but she didn't want to create another trouble for her di.Di and others had left for mandir, leaving only the youngsters at home.Her jiju, however, was out on some court work.She was feeling so damn hungry.

'Idea!' she exclaimed and called up the local pizza express.A sweet corn pizza could be the best breakfast for her.

She stood by the door, checking her watch.

"Oye! Bandariya!!"

Aha! He had to walk in to ruin her moment of peace.Hadn't he?

"Kya baat hai? Koi 'hi' nahin, bye nahin..Naye dost milgaye toh, busy hogayi hogii..Hai na?"

Maanvi shot him a wierd look.'Naye dost!' What was wrong with him?

"Hi," she gave a fake smile," are you happy now?"

"No," Virat chuckled," pyaar se bolo.."

"Are baba, hi ..hi and hi, ab khush?"

He smiled, he really enjoyed it when she was mad at him.She was dressed in a pink chudidaar, thoroughly embroidered in silk, beads and stones.Her hair was swaying to the cool morning breeze.She looked almost angelic, standing beside him.

"Okay!" he smiled back.

"Now why are you here?" she asked him.She couldn't put up with his teasing, she had no energy to do that.

"Ah, now! Not in a mood for a chat, huh?"

She rolled her eyes.

"Well,bhabhi..tumhe call kar rahi thi!" He handed her cell, she grimaced.

"Uh, thanks!" she replied, turning around.

"Aaj baarish hogii yar, tumne ithni jaldi thanks keh diya.." he smiled again.

"Hone do..Mujhe baarish, bahut pasand hai!" she mocked and walked away, to call her di.

Virat smiled slightly, "bandariyan!"

~~~Ten minutes later

Maanvi walked once again into the hall, after talking to her di on the phone.

'Ye pizza wala kaha gaya?' she looked around.

"Hogayi bhabhi se baat..?" It was Virat again!

Why couldn't he just leave her alone? At least until, she ate something?

"Bhabhi?..Dekho, voh abhi bhi meri di hai!" she exclaimed, her tone saddened by the feeling that it would be only a matter of few days.

This change didn't go unnoticed by him.He quickly asked," okay..tumhari di se baat ho gayi?"

Her eyes widened, did he just say 'di' and not 'bhabhi'.He was all for surprises, now a days.

"Haan, just casual talk.." she replied, flattered at his sweet nature.

"Okay, Pizza- khaaogi..?" he gestured towards the package in his hands.

"No..voh, I ordered one for me!" she replied, moving towards the door.

He shrugged and smiled before walking away.

~~~ A moment later

'pizzawala mar gaya hoga!' Maanvi exclaimed as her stomach grumbled.

That was when she spotted Prem.He was smiling, while happily chatting with Shlok.

"One..two..three..." they cried in unison and the race began.

"Aap haar gaye!! Yeeh! " Shlok's laughter rang in the hall.

Maanvi watched with interest, she could hear Shlok's whining.

"Kya bhaiyya? Aap daud bhi nahi lagaa sakthe?"

Prem chuckled, " tu toh bada champ hai na yaar! Kaaise jeet jaatha?"

They chased around for a while and Prem lifted up Shlok in his arms and began tickling him.Their combined laugter echoed in the hall.

"Okay!" Prem cooed, as he lowered the boy to the ground, " tu ne breakfast ki? Nahi naa..go and eat!
Go, ask, Puja di.Ghar mein koi nahi hai!"

He waved to the boy, stopping to meet the eyes of Maanvi.

He quickly turned away, but she called him.

"Rukiye!"

He turned around," toh aap ne maaf kardiya?"

"Nahin kiya..toh kyon baat karthi.."

"Thanks," he smiled again.

They slipped into a casual conversation and it didn't took long for Maanvi to understand that Prem was a well mannered, good natured person.

"Aap karthi kya ho?" Prem asked her casually,Maanvi grimaced.

"I'm a fresh graduate in journalism," she replied.

"Oh, you must be really brave! You can face anything in this world huh?" Prem began casually.

"Anything, really! But the thought of leaving di scares me!!"

"I understand!" Prem nodded.

"What do you do in the US? Your parents stay there too?"

Prem's smile disappeared into a thin line," you and I are on similar lines..My parents..well, bhagwan ko
bahut pyaare ho gayye!"

"I'm sorry.." she placed a tender hand over his shoulder and squeezed the other hand.

~~scene shift, on the other side of the hall

"Where is Prem?" Virat asked Puja, joining her by her by the sofa.

"There he is, " Puja pointed out," he has found a new friend!"

Virat lifted his head just in time to see Maanvi holding Prem's hand and narrowed his eyes.

He swiftly made his way towards them.

"Prem!"

~~

Prem looked around to face Virat.

"Chal yaar!.. "

"Par, Virat!"

"Bas chal na yaar! Ab bahut hogaya! Tu, US se kyon aaya hai? Remember? Bhai ki shaadi mein aaya
hai! Hum sab se milne aaya hai! To chalo yaar!"

"Par yar! Main toh Maanvi ji se... baat kar raha tha!"

"Isse?"

Virat chuckled as Maanvi narrowed her eyes.

"Isse baat karoge na..toh, tumhare dimag ka voh haal ho jayega, ki tum khud ki naam tak bhool jaaoge!"
Maanvi poked a finger in his chest , flared up at his comment, "tum, tuhari problem kya hai..Main Prem se kuch baaat kar rahi thi? Manners naam ki koi cheez hoti ki nahi?"

He crinckled his nose,"Prem mera dost hai! And he came to see me! Chalo yar!"

"Ruko, Prem! Suno, Virat! Prem mera bhi dost hai! Pehle..toh tum khud pyaar se baat nahi kar sakthe..Apne dost ko bhi karne nahi dethe! Problem kya hai?"

Virat stiffened.How was he supposed to answer that! He, himself didn't know, if he had a problem with the issue.

For the first time in his life,Maanvi had rendered him speechless.

~~~~~~
I worked a lot on this! Hope you like it! Its a bit sappy! I know..its just temporary glitch in my creativity, next update will be better, I promise!

TDA! Plz comment and hit the like button!

Next part~

"That's Atul, Shekar! Virat- and she's Pu!" Prem introduced her to his friends.

"Kahan naa..mujhe Pu mat bulaao!" Puja shot him an annoyed look.

"Bachpan ki aadat hai, Poo! Abhi badalna mushkil hai!"

Maanvi smiled at Prem's words.It was great to have childhood friends.Prem was so lucky.She- she was
really unlucky person.She was going to loose her best friend, childhood freind and her di.

"Anyway, I'll go get some snacks!" Puja walked into the kitchen followed by Atul and Shekar.

"Toh, Maanvi..kal ka plan kya hai?" Prem began a conversation.

"Dude!" Virat interrupted him, "baatein toh baad mein ho sakthi hai! Dadaji tumhe bulaa rahe hai!"

"But- I- Virat!"

"Chal- chal na..."

Something was wrong.Virat was acting a bit odd around Maanvi, Prem though and he needed to find out why!

******************
Disclaimer: Images used just for introducing the new characters.No copyright infringement intended.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.1K 8.4K 42
"No..." she breathed out trembling at the circumstance that had hovered on her at the most unfortunate time or maybe as a blessing in disguise. With...
401K 32.5K 71
At a posh locality of " dilwalon ki Dilli"There she was, sitting on her terrace, sipping her coffee and thinking about love.... ...
114K 8.1K 69
One shots and short stories. what if things went this way? what if this happens. we will see many instances with my thoughts. sidnaaz lovers u r gonn...
47K 3.1K 26
And right now only one question is bugging my mind,creating chaos in my heart and my soul... Do I...Do I love her? 1 - #Pyar (22/09/21)