This One's Mine II Hamliza (M...

By UberMonkey

Eliza is the middle child in her sister's group. She's not too outgoing, or too shy. According to her mother... More

Act 1
Chapter 1: This One's Mine
Chapter 2: A Winter's Party?
Chapter 3: Ditching
Chapter 5: Feelings Are Weird.
Chapter 6: Switching Perspectives (Literally)
Chapter 7: Snow Day!
This ain't even a chapter but..
This ain't a chapter either
WOAAAHH-HO HOOOO
Thank you!!
Story Timeline
Hi y'all
I'm number one in #poccharacters!

Chapter 4: Heartbroken (By Nothing In Particular)

337 12 26
By UberMonkey

Well, regarding what happened last with Eliza and her friends, they were not suspended. Instead, grounded for a week, ( it was going to be a month but Alexander gave a super long speech on how their escape from school was justified, and he wouldn't stop talking until all the parents changed the date of the ground.) No one could go on their phones, so they had to resort to Eliza and John's note method. It wasn't that hard, just difficult when they would be caught passing notes. And when Alexander would make his note too long with way too much fancy smart words, and Angelica would remind him that they weren't "writing a letter from the 1700s."

Eliza was kind of, KEYWORD KIND OF, ticked off at Alexander for getting her and the others in trouble, but she could tell he was sowwy. Yes, sowwy, that's how he said it when he apologized to her. So, it didn't end all bad. And even better, Ava, (one of Eliza's many best friends),was back from the dead.
She had gotten sick last Friday, so she was basically suffering all weekend. Ava was like Eliza's un-biological sister. Far-fetched, but true. Ava had been Eliza's girl-bff for a suuuuuper long while, and believe it or not, she was actually apart of the squad! She was outgoing, sarcastic, honest, pretty, and thoughtful. Along with other good personality traits. ..Pretty isn't a personality trait..anyways. Angelica didn't like Ava much, she thought she wasn't a good influence for her. But Eliza thought otherwise.

Eliza grinned as she saw her best friend walk through the school doors, running up to her. Ava smiled cheerfully at Eliza. "AVA!"

"ELIZA!"

They ran up to each other and hugged.

Ava pulled away. "So Eliza almost got suspended? I'm shocked."

Eliza giggled. "W-"

"So what happened?"

"Oh! Um..well...we ditched a week ago-"

"And I thought that was never gonna happen! Looks like those fake security camera pictures came in handy. ..Not really because you got caught. But, hey." Ava ruffled Eliza's hair. "And I thought you were a good kid!"

Eliza fixed her hair. "I ammmm! It was just one time, I learned my lesson!"

"Sure. Sooner or later you'll be skipping class and listening to metal." Ava joked.

"But metal isn't bad..." Eliza muttered, before perking up again. "Oh! We also got a new student!"

"For the first time in forever. Yeesh. Is it a boy or a girl? Please say girl, please say girl, please say girl.."

"It's a boyyyyy!" Eliza grinned.

Ava rolled her eyes into the back of her head. Creepy. "Oooofff course it is."

They began to walk in the main hallway.

"But he's really cute and smart!" Eliza smiled.

"You would think so."

"Hey, I don't just fall for any guy you know! He's cool, I promise—" Eliza saw Alexander walking in their direction. "There he is now! Ava, this is—"

"Alexander!!!" Ava ran up to Alexander, throwing her arms around him. They indulged in a longing kiss. Ava pulled away, smiling widely at him. "So this is your new school? Alexander, if you're gonna be my boyfriend you're gonna have to tell me these things!-"

"AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

All heads turned to Eliza, who was still screaming. Ava and Alexander looked deeply confused...And concerned. She continued screaming, fumbling with a doorknob behind her and slipping into whatever room it was.

She went on screaming, looking at her not so clear reflection in a book that was on a desk. After a couple of seconds, she stopped.

"Hey Eliza."

Eliza turned to Laf. "I-I come into the room screaming and that's how you respond??"

"Well, yeah. I hear screaming on the daily, sooo..." He shook his head. "What's wrong?" 

"A..A...A-A..Av..A-Al..."

"Take your time,"

"Ava and Alexander...ARE DATING!"

"Whaaaat? They are?"

"Yes! I..I didn't even know they knew each other! And..and it just came out of nowhere! Like..like.."

"Like?"

"I don't know, just like!"

"Hm. Like is a reasonable answer." Eliza sighed, sliding onto the floor. Laf joined her, and she laid her head in his lap. "I really like him, Laf...but now he's dating Ava...I mean was always dating Ava..."

"You can still like him, you know?"

"What's the point in liking someone when you know there's a 0 percent chance you're ever going to be with them..? ...Pet my hair please." He did so.

"People do that all the time, with celebrities, actors, singers, you..you..tu..??.."

"Youtubers."

"Yes, those! So it's okay to like someone, even though you can't be with them. Even though you'll be haunted by the fact that you have to see them with each other everyday and be reminded that you'll never be with Alexander only in your dreams and fantasies but never in real life because he's dating Ava and even though you might have the sliiightest chance of being with him it won't happen because if they've been together for this long they might just get married, have kids, have a ship name, how does Avaxander sound?"

....

"Eliza? Eliza are you okay?"

Eliza wasn't okay. He was right. Absolutely right. Positively right. Completely right. Definitely right. Synonyms for very right. Eliza murmured as if she was in a trance. "Av..ax..ander..."

"Yeah, I came up with it myself. You like?"

"Avaxander...Avaxander..."

"Yes..that's their um..ship name..Eliza, do I need to take you to the nurse—"

"Avaxander is sailed. Elizaxander is destroyed into a million pieces by a storm of heartbrokenness and loneliness..."

Eliza made an extremely sad frown, and Lafayette already knew what this meant. The hearts in her eyes had broke. "Oh god...I think Hamliza works better."

Eliza was heartbroken. By nothing in particular.

This was a rare occurrence in the human Elizabeth Schuyler. A once in a lifetime event. Laf was lucky. ..Enough to be able to handle her at this stage. She would be sobbing a lot, and groaning on about life would be better with Alexander..and how he never liked her in the first place..and..I hope you get the idea. Everything around Eliza was no longer pink, it was blue. A sad blue.

"Eliza..there's nothing to be too sad about..it's not like you were dating him in the first place...I'm not helping am I."

"It's okay Laf..." Eliza slid onto the floor. "I'm just gonna lay here...until further notice..."

"But we have homeroom soon!"

"Well just drag me there...because I see no point in moving..." Eliza let out a loongggg sigh. "Why is life so unfair...I only knew him for two days and it's still unfair..."

Laf sighed, literally dragging Eliza out of the classroom as he heard the bell ring. He came across some Avaxander activity in the hallway, so he immediately turned the corner so Eliza wouldn't see. He went to pull out his phone to text Angelica or Peggy when he remembered that he didn't and couldn't have it.

"Ugh..Alex, you merde why'd you get us in trouble."

"Alexander...where..?"

"No where, Eliza!"

"He's ignoring me to be with Ava..I knew it...siiighhh..."

Laf shook his head, before continuing to drag Eliza down the hallway, getting some confused looks from people, and into the classroom.

Angelica, John, and Herc were just chilling when they turned their heads to see Eliza and Laf.

Angelica's expression became exhausted as she saw the expression on Eliza's face. "Don't tell me..."

"Yep." Laf responded, knowing what she was referring to.

Eliza writhed her arms away from Laf and laid on the ground again. "Just lay me right here...screeeechhh, like a car or something a worthless insignificant car who never had a chance..."

"What is it now?" Angelica asked. "I'm not looking for illegal ways to get to Shawn Mendes' house again."

"Ava and Alexander are together."

"WHAT?!-"

The bell rung once more and the other students began walking inside the classroom. Angelica pulled Eliza up before she could get trampled. She looked up at Angelica. "Angelica...why do you seem so hurt looking..?.."

Angelica came up with a quick lie. "It's Wednesday and we're at school."

Angelica sat Eliza in her seat, saying 'See you later' before saying bye to the others and walking out of the room to her own class. Eliza laid her head on the desk, watching Ms. Regina walk into the classroom, barely being able to see her as one of her eyes was against the desk making her vision a bit blurry.

Ms. Regina counted everyone's heads and raised an eyebrow at Alexander and Ava's empty seats. "Where's Alexander?"

"He's here." John responded.

"And Ava came back too..." Eliza mumbled. She wasn't sure if it was actually meant to be heard or not.

"What, Eliza?"

Eliza craned her head up to project her voice slightly. "And Ava came back too..!"

"Really? I thought she died." As Ms. Regina wrote down her attendance, Ava and Alexander walked into the room, holding hands. Eliza heard a sudden applause as they walked into the room, and she knew it was for Ava.

" 'Nice' to see you again Ava." Ms. Regina forced smiled.

" 'Nice' to see you too, Regina." Ava smiled, walking over to her seat ( That was on the other side of Aaron's, which he really didn't like because he know they would be really...mildly irritating). Alexander chuckled, walking over to his seat and sitting in it. He tilted his head as he saw that Eliza's head was down on her desk, instead of up as it usually was.

He pulled out a piece of paper, writing on it, before handing it to another student, whispering: "Pass this on to Eliza."

The student did so, passing it to whoever was in front of her and finally, the paper ended up on Eliza's desk (After seconds of tapping her so she would take it herself). Eliza stared at it, tilting her head up slightly to read it.

'Eliza are you alright? — Alexander'

Eliza sighed loudly, pulling out a tiny pencil and literally scribbling onto the paper before passing it back the way it came. Alexander stared, confused at the response before him, trying to comprehend what in the world it said before realizing that it was sadly humanly impossible for him to do. Keyword him. He turned to Aaron and whispered. "Aaron."

Aaron slowly turned his head to Alexander as an annoyed response.

"What does this mean?" He slid the paper onto his desk.

"..It doesn't mean anything, it's a scribble."

"iT dOeSn'T mEaN aNyThInG, iT's A sCrIbBlE. I know it's a scribble! I mean what do you THINK it means??—"

"Dude, you cannot whisper!" John giggled. Alexander narrowed his eyes at him.

"YesIcan." He turned back to Aaron, past patiently waiting for him to answer.

"..What do you want me to say?"

"Maybe something useful! Like, 'Oh, maybe you should verbally-' "

"Maybe you should shut your mouth so I can continue to check off your names in peace, Alexander." Ms. Regina glared.

Alexander was about to say something quite disrespectful, but refrained, as his revolution against teachers and authority went extremely awry. Ava reached over, tapping Alexander on the shoulder and pointing at the paper on Aaron's desk, shrugging her shoulders with a confused expression with a smile. Alexander wrote onto the paper, while Aaron slid his hands over onto his own desk. He then gave the paper to Ava.

'Eliza's feeling down, and I don't know why.'

Ava shook her head, and pointed to the non written part of the paper. Alexander understood, and wrote again on the paper.

'IIIII...got all our phones taken away. Woops.'

Ava snickered, shaking her head as she pulled out a pen and wrote her own response onto the paper.

'Typical!! Lol were your parents mad'

Alexander wrote his response.

'Yea, I'm an idiot I know.'

'Eh. You're not that bad.'

'I'm perfect in every way I know that too.'

'Sure.'

After more seconds of them reaching around Aaron's desk, he suddenly shot up from his seat. "Ms. Regina may I please switch seats?"

"Yeah, sure, whatever, be my guest. Switch with James."

Aaron walked over to the dude in the corner, James Madison, who got up as soon as Aaron walked over, going over to where his seat used to be. The two quiet people in class. Surprisingly, they barely talked to each other. Aaron sat down, pleased that he was away from Alexander and his slight annoyance. He was shocked to see that a random folded up paper had been thrown on his desk, and he opened it.

'WHY DID YOU DO THAT?? >:(?! DID YOU NOT LIKE ME?! WHAT DID I DO?! WE'RE BOTH ORPHANS I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL. GUESS NOT OH WELL EXCUSE ME FOR TRYING TO BE A GOOD FRIEND. NOTHING IS EVER GOOD FOR YOU IS IT? 'MR PERFECT'?! SINCE WHEN DID YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?! OH, BUT PLEASE! JUDGE AWAY, LOOKING DOWN FROM YOUR HIGH HORSE, MAKING EVERYONE FEEL LIKE-'

Aaron had had enough of.. whatever that was, folded back up the paper, writing something on the back of it, and throwing it back to where it came from.

Alexander opened the paper in a hurry, almost ripping it as he read the response out loud.                  " 'Alexander...'please.' "

Alexander growled silently before leaping up from his seat, standing on his chair and pointing at Aaron. "I'LL 'PLEASE' YOUR FACE!"

Everyone looked back at Alexander, like, supes confused.

"Alexander, sit down." Ms. Regina narrowed her eyes.

Alexander narrowed his eyes back at Ms. Regina, turning to Aaron and giving him the death glare while sliding back into his chair. "THAT'S OKAY! I DON'T NEED YOU AS A FRIEND ANYWAYS! WE WERE NEVER FRIENDS!....OKAY THAT LAST PART ISN'T TRUE BUT IT MIGHT AS WELL BE, BITC...-PERSON I DON'T LIKE!" He folded his arms, and Ava switched seats with James and wrapped her arms around Alexander.

"There, there, Alexander, let out that infinite anger."

Eliza looked back at this, giant tears starting to well up in her eyes. "That could of been us!" She literally squeaked to herself.

After homeroom, Alexander stormed out of the classroom, before turning back and stalking over to Aaron. He looked like a mixture between nervous, afraid, and concerned.

"Al-"

"NOPE. Whatever we had 48 hours ago, that's no more. I have a new best friend now. RIGHT, JAMES?"

"Wha-"

"See? I don't need to be friends with someone I actually looked up to because I heard cool stories about them and how amazing they were academically and that's the second reason why I even came to this school. Nope, don't need that at all." He turned away from Aaron.

"Goodbye, Aaron 'I betray my friends' Burr." And Ava, as if on cue, came and picked Alexander up, walking away with him as Alexander turned to stick his tongue out at him.

Aaron stared blankly in Alexander and Ava's direction. "..Oh."

"He went with her over you too huh..." Aaron turned to Eliza, who looked miserable.

"What happened to you? Eliza?"

"I'm incapable of being in love ever again.."

"You still like Alexander?"

"Everyone knows that...where were you..."

Aaron looked down, glaring a little at the floor. "I'm barely caught up on anything that happens here."

"Well...start becoming more involved I guess...I'll just start becoming less involved since that always results in me getting hurt..." Eliza sadly trudged off, walking into an open locker and hitting her head, falling into the floor.

She groaned out an 'Ow..' and crawled the rest of the way. Aaron scratched his head. These people got weirder and weirder everyday. (That rhymes!) Laf, Herc, And John walked over to Aaron.

"Did something bad happen to you guys too?"

Laf shook his head. "Non. I just escaped a murder scene earlier today before I came here."

............

Aaron looked disturbed. "W h a t?"

Aaaand Laf was gone.

"...Did you guys hear what he just said?!"

Aaaand Herc had mysteriously vanished, and John was running off calling out "I'm gonna to talk to Alex!" before disappearing into the crowd.

"John, wait!" Peggy sighed as he ran off. "Alone again, naturally.."

Aaron tilted his head. "I'm here-"

"Not literally. I mean, look at everyone else! Eliza likes Alexander, Laf's with Adrienne, Herc's with Beth, Alexander's with Ava, You like Theodosia,

Aaron's face flushed at the Theodosia part. "Uhh..."

Peggy continued. "Thomas probably still likes Angelica even though he doesn't go here anymore, Angelica likes Alex— Ohhh, I probably wasn't supposed to say that."

"That's fine.." Aaron coughed awkwardly.

"And...that's it!" Peggy sighed. "I never get to spend one on one time with John..."

Aaron sighed. "Maybe um...you should try to? I mean just...if you see him not hanging out with anyone, just take that time to go hang out with him."

"What if other people come? Like the other squad members?"

"I could...distract them for you?"

Peggy's face lightened up. "Really? You'd do that for me?"

"Well...it's not like I have anything else bett-"

"Thanks a lot, Aaron!" Peggy hugged him. "I'll be sure to name one of our children after you."

🦋🌹🦋🌹🦋🌹🦋🌹🦋🌹🦋🌹🦋🌹🦋🌹

Eliza trudged into the bathroom, perking up at the sight of someone she hadn't seen in a while.

"Maria!"

She tried to set her sadness aside and ran to her. Maria jumped at the sound of Eliza's voice, fixing her hair before turning to her with a partly nervous smile.

"Hi..! ..Elizabeth, right..?"

"Yeah. Or, Eliza- Is your eye okay?" Eliza gestured to Maria's eye that seemed to be black.

"It's fine! I..I got hit..with a ball.., A-Anyways,...I'm still sorry for knocking down your books.."

"It's fine! I forgave you along time ago. So, how've you been? How's James?"

"..Um..I've- James has been good...and I've..been good too." She grinned. "Um..what about you?"

"First I was really happy....now I'm miserable."

Maria looked deeply worried. "What happened?"

"The boy I like is dating someone else..you know how it is."

"Heh, yeah...I know...so um..who is this mystery boy?"

"Alexander Hamilton. He's that new guy. He came that same day I bumped into you."

"Oh, him...is he nice?"

"I wouldn't date a guy who wasn't nice. Would you? Of course not."

"Heh..what a um..question. I have to get to class..so I'll see you later, Elizabeth..bye.."

"Wait!"

Maria turned around. "Huh?"

"Want my number? I might need to vent later and I'm pretty sure my friends are tired of hearing me sob about this type of stuff all the time..."

"Um...sure..!"

They exchanged numbers via paper.

"Um..okay, bye now.."

"Bye..!" Eliza waved. Maria gave a small laugh and wave, walking out of the bathroom. Eliza sighed again. "Being happy while being miserable is hard...." Eliza turned to the mirror, breathing onto it and drawing a frowny face into the fog before walking out the bathroom to go to class.

Eliza sat in her seat diagonal from John, sighing and laying her head onto her desk like she had done in homeroom.

John turned to her. "Hey..you okay? Alex tried to talk to you this morning before he...did what he did. What's up?"

Eliza slightly looked up and groaned. "Mnnnnn..."

John blinked. "That's just as vague as the scribble response. Did something happen?"

"No...."

"Then..? What is it?"

"It's Avaxander..."

"Avax- ..Oh. Dang..sorry, Liza. I know you really liked him..."

"It's okay, John..I guess it wasn't meant to be..but as least he's happy.."

"Eliza, are you crying??"

"aTleAst He'S hAppY jOhN." Eliza's voice cracks got more high pitched as she buried her face in her sweater. John sighed, stroking her hair. He knew how she felt. ..Kind of.

After class, John tried everything he could to make Eliza smile again..but nothing worked. It hurt to see her hurt like that. And it hurt even more that he couldn't tell Alexander what was really going on. Ava didn't really seem to suspect anything. Everyone else in the squad knew what was up, and they didn't know how long Eliza would be the way she was this time. Laf had this insane idea to break up Avaxander, (Angelica loved this idea.) but that wasn't going to happen. Alexander would never fall for something as vague as 'Ava can't hang out with boys'. So Alexander had to rant to Ava about how he felt like Eliza didn't trust him enough to tell him about her feelings. Because it seemed like everybody else knew but him and it made him feel like they were keeping really dark secrets from him. Ava said he was being a paranoid dork, which he took into consideration (But didn't put it above his original theory).

Right now, they were in Spanish with their teacher Ms. Anita. It was 6 minutes before the end of class, so she was just telling them a story about how her friend tried to marry a guy she was forbidden to be with but he ended up dying. Eliza somehow related to the story in her own heartbroken Eliza way. Everyone was allowed to talk amongst themselves so Alexander wasted no time in trying to get Eliza to talk. She would only give him side glances, which made him feel like he did something wrong, but he couldn't figure out what. He supposed that he shouldn't worry. Judging by what Angelica had told him about her, if something was wrong, she could get over it and back to her normal self before you knew it. Hopefully.

🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧

At lunch, Eliza wasn't anywhere to be seen. Alexander sat at the table where his friends sat.

"Guys wheres Eliza?"

Angelica looked around. "No idea...who saw her last?"

Ava raised her hand. "Math,"

"Did she talk to you?"

"Nope. I don't know what's up with her."

Angelica nodded. "I'll text her,"

...

"Nevermind."

"Okay, you know what, screw this." John pulled out his phone MUCH to everyone's surprise and he began texting Eliza.

—————————————
You: Where u at?

Elerzia: 😥😥 Lunchroom g

You: Where?? No one can find you anywhere

Elerzia: *Bath

You: ?

Elerzia: Bathroomc John bathroom a😖😖😨😨😰😰😥😢😢😢😭😭😭😤😫😩😣😣😔☹️🙁😞

You: Okay. I'm going to get one of the girls to get you.

Elerzia: No!! 🥺

You: Why????

Elerzia: I want to be alone and away from Avaxander😓

You: But don't you think you should tell them why you're upset? Especially if it involves them ?

Elerzia: Whyre you doing this to me John no😣😣😣

You: Okay..so what do I tell the others?

Elerzia: Math practice okay bbye eating and watching Train To Busan😣

You: Bye.

——————————

John put his phone away. "Math practice."

"I never knew Eliza took Math practice.." Angelica narrowed her eyes.

"Me neither..." Peggy responded.

"Well, apparently she does now." John mumbled.

❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙

Eliza would admit it to herself. She was super bored and depressed in the bathroom by herself. Who could she talk to without getting them in trouble?

...

...

...

Maria!

Eliza looked left, then right, then seeing as no one was there except her flying solo, she pulled out her phone and typed in a text to Maria's number.

——————-
You: Maria.....? :(
——————

...

...

...
——————————
Unknown: Eliza? Hi..I thought you weren't supposed to have your phones..

You: Hehehehe I'm hanging in the bathroom out of sadness :(

Unknown: Oh..all because of Alexander?

You: Yeah..I get extremely sad when a boy I like is with someone else...it's dumb I know :(

Unknown: It's not dumb! You can be sad over whatever you want..it's your feelings..

You: Thank you :)/:(

———————————-

Eliza saved Maria's number and named her contact 'Maria💃🏽☺️'. She spent the rest of the lunch period talking to Maria about her feelings and boys in general, they had a good conversation and Eliza already considered Maria a friend. She also said she should tell Avaxander how she felt, but she declined as usual. She wasn't as sad for the rest of her day, except when she would see Avaxander activity and a giant rain cloud would come out of no where and ruin any bit of happiness she ever had. Alexander decided he would investigate why Eliza was so sad, and would stop at literally nothing to find out. He got John to help him because Aaron was cancelled until he apologized and John had to act like he didn't know why Eliza was sad. Ava didn't really think much of it, she just thought that it was school.
Would Eliza ever tell Avaxander? Probably not. Though, it wouldn't be just the simple concept of Avaxander that would leave her heartbroken..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

829K 32.6K 80
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
848K 39.5K 169
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
2M 105K 62
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
934K 15.9K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...