When Things Go the Wrong Righ...

By CDMarie

Excerpt: "What the hell?" I said pulling at my right wrist that was attached to the headboard. "It's about t... More

Introduction
Covers
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 3: Dante
Chapter 4: Best Day Of His Life
Chapter 5: Lipgloss
Chapter 6: Becoming a Slayer
Chapter 7: Surprises and School
Chapter 8: Just a Typical High School Party
Chapter 9: Let's Not Get Sacrificed
Chapter 10: Escape
Chapter 11: Him Again
Chapter 12: Scary Dreams
Chapter 13: Betrayal
Chapter 14: Brotherly Love
Chapter 15: Sacrifice
Chapter 16: Reborn
Chapter 17: Opposite Day
Chapter 18: Vampira
Chapter 19: No Plan
Chapter 20: Blue Potion
Chapter 21: Sight
Chapter 22: Early Visitor
Chapter 23: Family
Chapter 24: Failed Escape
Chapter 25: Weak
Chapter 26: Heart Broken
Chapter 27: New Legal Guardian
Chapter 28: The New World
Chapter 29: Old Friend
Chapter 30: Working With The Enemy
Chapter 31: Betrayal
Chapter 32: Dreams Do Come True
Chapter 33: Reunited... ish
Chapter 34: Father Daughter Moment
Chapter 35: Annoying Witch
Chapter 36: Escape
Chapter 37: We Had A Deal
Chapter 38: Battle lines
Chapter 39: Lives Lost
Chapter 40: New Threat
Chapter 41: Not Again
Chapter 42: Strange Places
Chapter 43: Not So Friendly
Chapter 44: Surprise
Chapter 45: Changing the Future
Chapter 46: The End

Chapter 2: New Path

187 7 0
By CDMarie

Decided to publish a chapter or two more to get you guys really hooked into the story, if you want another one after this one just vote!

Chapter 2 (unedited)

I open my eyes to the raging pain in my neck. I feel like I have been stabbed. I swallowed and the pain I felt was unlike anything else. I feel as though every time I swallow I am reliving the moment that Dante bit me. Dante?! Nicholas?! I wonder what happened after I blacked out? I open my eyes and try to focus on my surroundings but it was hard. Finally my eyes focused and I could see that I was in my bed at Nicholas's house. He must have stopped Dante from killing me. I try to focus my hearing to see if anybody is nearby. The door is open so I should be able to hear if anybody is here. It's a big house but sounds travel as though they have a place to get to and are worried they won't be noticed if they aren't loud. I heard 2 different voices but I couldn't quite make out what the voices were saying. It sounded like they were arguing. It was Dante and Nicholas. I couldn't quite pick up the words but Nicholas's tone didn't seem like he was very happy. I tried to sit up but couldn't. My muscles felt like Jello. Nicholas must have heard me moan when I tried to sit up because he was kneeling next to me in a heartbeat.

"You okay?" He asked concerned.

"I don't know. I am going to guess that not being able to get up is a bad sign." I say sarcastically.

"Your body is weak you lost a lot of blood. It's going to take a while for you to fully recover."

"How long till I can get out of bed?"

" I don't know probably close to a week."

" A WEEK?! I'm going to be stuck in this bed for a week?!"

"Don't worry I'll keep you company. I sent Dante out to get you some nutrition shakes because you are not going to want anything else for the next couple of days.

"Thanks that really nice of you." I said calming my tone and myself down.

"Your welcome. I am so sorry that Dante did this to you."

"It's okay. You have no control over his actions."

The week on my bed gave me a lot of time to think about what I was going to do about Dante. What was going to stop him from hurting me again? I knew what I needed to do but, it's not something you can do on your own. I would need help. Hopefully Nicholas would know someone who can help. You don't won't know unless you ask. When he comes into my room to give me my last nutritional shake for dinner I will ask him. I can not wait until I can go back to normal food instead of just liquids.

"Hey Nicholas can I ask you something?"

"Oh course. What's on your mind?"

"Have you ever heard of or ran into a vampire slayer?"

" I have heard of a couple but, haven't had the pleasure of meeting one." The last part of his sentence was clearly sarcastic. "Why do you ask?

"Umm... I want to become a vampire slayer. No, I'm not going to kill you or your brother. I just want to be able to defend myself against vampires or anyone that wants to hurt me. Do you know how one becomes a slayer?"

"There are a couple different methods. The one I would recommend for you is to go see a witch about getting some super human strength that way you're about as strong and as fast as a vampire and then you just train for a few months to be even stronger and get fighting techniques."

"Okay and where do you find a witch who can do this?" I asked thinking of how everything could be falling into place.

"Umm... I don't know but, I will ask around."

I have given this a lot of thought and i don't... I won't get hurt again. I want to be able to fight back.

"You should know that there are some vampires that make it a life mission to kill any slayer that exists. When you're a slayer a vampire can smell your special vampire blood. It sticks out from the rest, it smells unlike anything else. It's like having rice your whole life everyday for every meal and then one day having the option to eat something else, anything else. It tastes amazing." It sounded as though he knew the feeling pretty well, I was too scared to ask him about it though.

"Well if anyone wants to try to kill me, they can give it their best shot but, they won't live long enough to make a scratch on me." I said confidently.

I wanted to do this but I keep thinking what if the witch's spell isn't enough? Who would train me? How did the slayers die? I had so many questions about slaying. I need some sort of expert on slayer to answer my million questions that I have floating in my head as if it were a log on the river.

"Nicholas, is there some sort of expert on slayer that I can talk to, to answer my questions?"

"I think I have heard of one in town. I will check and get back to you."

Nicholas asked around the next day and told me there was one in town and he got his number for me. I called him and he said he could answer all of my questions but, he also thinks it will be a good idea for me to learn the history of the slayer before I become one. We talked for awhile and I told him why I wanted to be a slayer and what happened between Dante and I. He told me the last slayer died 10 years ago. I'm going to meet with him on Tuesday. That's not too long I mean it's saturday. He says I should plan on meeting him every Tuesday and Thursday until I have learned. It was weird how he used the word learn like that. Hopefully Nicholas will take me and not his jerk of a brother. I haven't even talked to him since he bit my neck. Even if he tried to talk to me. I didn't want to talk to him.

"So, when are you meeting with the Slayer Expert?" Nicholas said standing in the doorway, it was hard to tell whether he was disappointed or excited for me.

"Tuesday." I said smiling with excitement.

I can not wait for this appointment. It was the first step to becoming a slayer.

"Great. I'll take you." he says.

I swear he is speaking with the most confusing emotion. I have never heard something like this before.

"Is something bothering you?" I ask trying to figure it out for myself what's bothering him.

"I just want to make sure you are absolutely positive that this is what you want. Once you chose you will never be the same."

"I was confused I thought this was partly why I was going on Tuesday?"

"I guess." He said not totally convincing.

Tuesday came slowly but, when it came I never felt more excited in my life. Well... Maybe when I moved in with Nicholas. I got up and dressing in the blackest most presentable thing I could find. I decided to add a red top to the black also. I went down stairs and had a delicious bowl of Cookie chocolate dinosaurs. My appointment wasn't until 4 pm. I guess I would just have to wait.

From my point of view Dante must have fallen off the edge of the earth or something because I have not seen him for like 2 weeks. Don't get me wrong I don't mind not seeing that low life jerk but, you would think he would be drowning in my pain. It just a matter of time until I can fight against all the Dantes of this world.

Dang it!! I spoke too soon. Because here he comes down the stairs.

"Morning." He says in his usual tone.

I just look away and try to imagine how well it would feel when I can finally fight back.

"You have that meeting with the slayer expert today right?"

I was beginning to wonder where this conversation was going. But I still wasn't looking or talking to him.

"Believe me or not my brother tells me everything despite the way he might think of me at times and if you become a slayer and you try to kill me. I'll kill you without even breaking a sweat."

Okay screw not talking.

"Don't flatter yourself Dante. The only reason I want to become a slayer is so jerks like you can't hurt me. So the only reason I would come after you is because you can after me." I said annoyed.

I can't believe he thinks everything revolves around him. Okay so maybe he was the reason I wanted to become a slayer, but that's all. He is nothing to me besides my friend's evil brother.

"Even with your slayer abilities and training, I would still be able to kick you butt." He said threatening me.

"Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

"Yup."

"Well love the chit-chat, but I have an appointment to get ready for." I said as I walked back upstairs without looking back.

I wondered how long it would take to learn the history of the slayers as Nicholas drove me through town past all the everyday shops like Wal-Mart and the Dollar Tree to my appointment.

"You want me to go walk with you up there?" He asks as he pulls into a parking lot where a bunch of office buildings were.

It's nice to know that Nicholas cares so much but....

"No. Thank you but I'm good."

... If I want to be a slayer I can't be babied around. I got into the elevator road to the top floor listening to some vile music that I was sure wasn't from this century. As I walk up to the secretary desk I noticed a strange but, familiar smell... Garlic. That's peculiar. There sitting at the secretary's desk is barbie. Literally barbie, pink short dress, blond hair, and blue eyes.

"How are you going to prove yourself human?" The secretary said to me.

That's a weird question. She sounded like a robot. Is she?

"Excuse me?" I said confused on the question.

"Prove yourself human?" She said not sounding any more human than before.

"How do you prove yourself human? I mean there are so many myths; crosses, garlic, mirrors, cameras, holy water and so many more. I don't know which ones are true and which ones are simply just myths." I was rambling and wondering if I would ever get into this meeting or not.

"Just hold this" The robot lady said and without looking away from her computer she threw me a clear glass ball, which immediately turned blue.

"You can go in now." she said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 27.3K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
7.3K 65 11
We always despised each other to the core, and we would always find a way to pull each other down and ruin each other's plans. We were like polar op...
260K 4.3K 48
Rosalina, 24 year old whose family was just killed by her abusive FiancΓ©, escapes to New York where she gets sent to live with old best friend and Ma...
4.6M 84.7K 54
𝑃𝑅𝑂𝑀𝐼𝑆𝐸- (π‘›π‘œπ‘’π‘›) π‘Žπ‘› π‘Žπ‘π‘‘ π‘œπ‘“ π‘Žπ‘ π‘ π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘π‘’ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘œπ‘›π‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘‘π‘œ π‘ π‘œπ‘šπ‘’π‘‘β„Žπ‘–π‘›π‘” π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘–π‘π‘’π‘™π‘Žπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘–...