The Phoenix Returns

By ExoticTwist

"What?" I asked her. "Was that Keema with news?" She shook her head, silently. "Who was it?" Kennedy freaked... More

Chapter 1 - Lanie...
Chapter 2 - I'd Feed That Bitch to the Wolves
Chapter 3 - Tell the Boys, that Daddy Loves Them
Chapter 4 - Where's Our Daddy?
Chapter 5 - I Missed You, Kyson
Chapter 6 - He Doesn't Even Know That They Exist
Chapter 7 - A Very Serious Talk About What?
Chapter 9 - Come On, I'll Make You Some Coffee
Chapter 10 - Tap Out
Chapter 11 - You Know You Want This
Chapter 12 - Shit
Chapter 13 - Somebody Likes It Doggy Style
Chapter 14 - I Can't Just Be Your Friend
Chapter 15 - Fine, Baby Daddy
Chapter 16 - Happy Birthday, Love
Chapter 17 - I'm Happy For You, Angel
Chapter 18 - This Hearing Is Adjourned
Chapter 19 - Shut Up, Ky
Chapter 20 - Never, Have I Ever Jumped From A Roof
Chapter 21 - I Need Another Beer
Chapter 22 - Trust Me, I Look
Chapter 23 - I'm Not Elliott
Chapter 24 - Can I Kiss You?
Chapter 25 - One Word; Submission
Chapter 26 - You're Fucking Declan
Chapter 27 - Can You Help Me With My Zipper?
Chapter 28 - I'm Not An H-O-E
Chapter 29 - Thank You, Captain Obvious
Chapter 30 - Fuck
Chapter 31 - Scarlett Will Understand
Chapter 32 - I Got Your Text
Epilogue - Kyson
Epilogue - Scarlett

Chapter 8 - All Of That Is True, Jerk

462 20 5
By ExoticTwist

(Scarlett's POV)

I have been feeling so guilty over the past couple of days. Ever since I told Elliott that Kyson never wanted his sons, and told me to abort them, I have been sick to my stomach.

All Elliott wants to do is be there for me. He wants to help me even more, hug me more, kiss me more, and love me harder.

He wants to be with me even more.

His behavior has been the opposite of what I want from him, but because I lied, I got the worst end of the stick.

I literally had to say we weren't home just so he wouldn't come over. I'm tired of seeing him, I've had enough of him in the last 72 hours. I want to tell him the truth, but I can't now. I'm already too deep into the lie, he'll hate me for making him look like a fool.

"Mommy, where's Pawpaw?" Kylan asked me as we were all lounging on the couch watching their favorite TV show; Paw Patrol.

They have been asking for their grandpa even more lately because it's been awhile since they have seen him.

Sammy agreed because he popped in. "Yeah?" He looked up at me.

Good thing Dad was ready to leave the hospital, so I can take the boys to see him. Doctors say that he is safe to go home while they wait for a kidney to become available to him, he needs to take it slow. And while they wait, he has to be on dialysis, which means back and forth trips from the hospital.

Keema wanted him to stay at the hospital, but Sam is ready to go. He doesn't want to be there anymore, all he is doing is racking up a hospital bill.

He breathes in his own.

Eats on his own.

And does everything else on his own.

He told Keema that it was time for him to leave.

Meanwhile, I was taken out of the running for me being a donor. I matched his blood type, but when they did the tissue test and kidney test, I wasn't a match.

I was devastated.

I've been crying for several night.

Sad that I can't save my kids' grandfather. They need him, especially since Kyson is not in their life. They need that connection to their father's side of the family, Samuel is that connection.

"Actually, guys..." I trailed off. "PawPaw would love to see you guys tomorrow. What do you say?"

"Yay!" They cheered together, clapping their little hands.

The rest of our day was pretty chill, we mostly watched movies and shows all afternoon. Before dinner we need some fresh air, so we headed to the park. They've mostly been in the house for the past couple of days, so I decided to let them run a little loose today.

Plus, Kenn came home and it was a bit awkward. We haven't really spoken since that Nick situation. And it's just going to stay like this until she apologizes because I don't feel that I did anything wrong.

So, at this point, I'm going off her energy and her moves. She has yet to apologize to me, and I'm not going to do it first. So, if she's waiting for my apology, she isn't going to get it.

We ended up making it back home an hour later as it was time for me to start dinner. I washed up the boys quick and made chicken fingers and mac n' cheese for dinner; their favorite meal.

The night was short for us and I was exhausted, we turned in early for a big day ahead tomorrow.

*******

Everything is going well. We won't be back for hours. Let the boys enjoy their visit. - Lanie

"Are you guys ready to see PawPaw?" I asked them, excitement in my voice.

I think I was more excited for them to see Samuel than they were.

"Yes, Mama!" They cheered together as we walked up to Samuel and Keema's place. I made sure that Kyson would be nowhere around here for the next several hours. I didn't want to chance him busting in on us and spotting the boys. And if he would ever lay eyes on them, he would know they are his, they look just like him it is uncanny.

Before Kyson would ever see them, I want to explain it to him first, it the most cautious and caring way. He deserves that much and so much more.

As soon as I signed that contract from Mrs. Blackstone, I went home and balled my eyes out. I didn't think much of the contract until the day that the boys were born. I looked into their eyes and completely broke down to know that I kept Kyson from that magical moment. I stripped him of their first words and their first steps.

Sometimes I truly feel that I am an evil person.

Walking through the front door of Sam's and Kee's, since they left it open for us, I called out looking for everybody. "Hello?"

"We're in here!" Keema called back.

Sounds like they are in the living room.

I quickly pulled the coats off the boys' coats before they ran off and I would never catch them. "Alright guys, PawPaw is really sore, so you have to be very careful of him. Okay? He has some booboos."

They both nodded. "Okay, Mommy." Kylan smiled up at me.

After I got their coats off, they took off running towards where they heard Keema's voice come from. I slipped my coat off and followed them to the living room. The boys were already on the couch snuggled up to Samuel, peppering him with kisses and hugs.

"Hey, guys." I smiled, greeting Keema and Samuel.

Keema came to me for a hug. "Hey, sweetie."

I hugged her back, thankful for her as well as Samuel.

"Aww!" Samuel beamed. "I missed my boys!" His eyes completely lit up as he stared his two favorite little men in the face.

Sammy giggled. "We missed you, PawPaw."

"Where you go?" Kylan asked.

"Yeah..." Sammy trailed off, just as curious and demanding as his twin.

Keema motioned with her head towards the kitchen as she got up from the couch. Getting up behind her, I followed her to the kitchen. "How's Samuel adjusting to life back home?" I asked her as I took a seat at the bar.

She went to the fridge and the contents to make sandwiches.

I was thankful because the boys have not eaten lunch yet, after their snack we decided to leave and head here.

"Better than I thought it would be." She smiled sadly. "I need to learn to give this man more credit." Keema continued. "Despite his illness, this man is still very strong, and independent."

I giggled. "That he is."

Keema got quite before looking up at me. "How's the all mighty plan going?"

"It's working out pretty smoothly so far." I told her. "Davina and Lanie both have Kyson distract until the visit is over. Plus, she's appreciating the sister-sister-brother bonding." I beamed. "They haven't really spent much time together since he has been back."

"Well, at least something good has come out of this plan." Keema smiled.

Keema hates the fact that I even signed that contract that Mrs. Blackstone presented to me. She is on the same ship the Samuel is on; they want me to tell Kyson. But I just can't, I'm afraid of Mrs. Blackstone and what she will do when she finds out that I spelled the beans.

She'll sue, is what she said.

My boys will have nothing, and she will take everything from me.

"Yeah." I nodded. "How's his dialysis?"

Keema sighed. "I just wish I didn't have to take him to and from the hospital to get it. It was more convenient when he was already there." She groaned. "It drives me nuts."

"I bet." I agreed.

I helped her make the sandwiches before we joined the guys back in the living room. My boys ran to us when they saw that we had food for them.

We all enjoyed lunch together.

"So, Scar, did Kyson ever get a chance to talk to you?" Samuel asked me out of nowhere.

I looked at him strangely as his weak eyes had a sort of twinkle to them.

I shook my head. "No." I took a sip of my punch. "Do you know what he wanted to talk to me about?"

He shrugged, softly. "I don't know. He just said that he needs to talk to you about something." Sam nodded once. "You should really talk to him."

"I'll see what I can do." I smiled at him.

What would Kyson want to talk to me about?

Can't be about the boys...

I know Kyson all too well, if he knew about his sons, he would be breaking down all kinds of doors to find them. His family would be blowing up my phones trying to get ahold of me.

And Lanie didn't say anything to me about it.

Then again, Kyson would have had to say something to her about it...

I wonder what he wants.

I looked over at Keema weirdly, but all she did was smile back at me.

She knows something his up.

They boys were having a blast with Samuel, he read to them, played games with them, he did as much as he could with them. It was like he was never gone, they picked right back up in the same spot as they left.

I was happy that they finally got their PawPaw back.

Are you guys done yet? - Lanie

No, not yet. Can you stall him for just one more hour? - Me

An hour??! - Lanie

Yeah, the boys really missed Sam :( - Me

I can't, Carter is getting suspicious. He wants to visit Dad before heading home, and he wants to do that know! - Lanie

Shit! - Me

Get out while you still can! We will be on our way back in 10 minutes. - Lanie

"Kee, we got to get out of here." I whispered to her. "Kyson will be here soon."

Her eyes went large as she looked over at me, but she got into action. "Honey, Scarlett and the boys got to go."

"What?" Samuel and the boys protested.

Keema nodded, picking the boys up from the couch. "Mommy has to catch the ice cream man before her leaves you guys house." She pretended to very worried so the boys would get it into gear.

"Ice cream! Ice cream! Ice Cream!" The boys cheered together, running out of the living room and towards the front door.

"I understand why you just don't tell Carter, everything will be okay after that." Samuel sighed.

Keema looked over at him. "You know she can't do that, babe."

"I'm sorry, Sam." I felt really bad.

Samuel nodded, his face more understanding than just a second ago. "It's okay, love. Go, get the boys home. I love you guys."

"Love you too." I said back before heading out to follow my boys.

Keema helped me get them ready and up out the doors before Kyson, Lanie, and Davina showed up. And we had just made it out safe as I passed them in the car on the way out. Thank God, the tint on my windows were pretty dark, so he couldn't see inside my car. Plus, the sun was setting so it made it even harder to see.

I got the boys home, washed them up and lounged around waiting for Elliott to get home.

Kennedy was already here and was in the living room watching TV with Olivia. After I washed up the boys, they went to join her. I took this opportunity to take a nice long bath for a change. I never really get to relax, but I knew that I relaxation would become an old friend the day I found out that I was having twin boys.

I must have fell asleep in the tub because the next thing I know was that it was 9 o'clock and Elliott was knocking on the bathroom door. "Scar?" He called.

"I'll be out in a minute." I yelled back.

Soaping up really quick, I got out dried off and dressed in a pair of short cotton shorts and one of Kyson old shirts. I have two of Kyson old shirts, neither of which I can ever let go.

I headed downstairs as Elliott hopped in the shower. I checked to see if the boys were awake with Kennedy and Olivia, but they weren't, and neither was Olivia. Kennedy was the only one still downstairs, she was sitting on the couch watching a movie.

"You put the kids to bed?" I asked her. "I didn't ask you to but thank you."

I was trying to be nice to her, I was done fighting.

Without turning around, she responded to me. "You also didn't ask if I wanted to watch them either, but hey!" She snarked.

I stared at the back of her head like she was crazy; taken aback.

"Really? You're doing this right now?" I snapped, she was really starting to piss me off. She got mad at me in the first place for telling her about her baby daddy. Now, she wants to keep this same energy like I was the one who truly did something wrong.

Kenn turned to face me. "Why not? It's not like you could ever understand what I'm going through!" She shouted, standing up from the couch.

"Are you kidding?" I growled. "Look at my disappointing life, Kenn! It's not all candy and rainbows, you learn to cope and deal with real shit!" I continued. "But what the fuck would you know about that, you've had a silver spoon in your mouth since the day that you were fucking born!" I was really angry now.

"Oh, here you go again..." She trailed off, rolling her eyes, and throwing her arms up in the air. "My name is Scarlett, I was a foster child, I was abused, blah blah blah blah blah."

She was really throwing this shit in my face. In another situation this would have probably made me cry, but right now it made me even more pissed.

"All of that is true, jerk." I argued, feeling the stinging in the back of my eyes so I knew the tears were coming. "But look at me now, I have overcome shit that I didn't think I could. And here you are, standing before me as one of the reasons I fought through it. Now, using my hurt and pain as a punch line for some fucking insult thrown in my face."

Her face fell for just a second. "Because you walk around here like you're some kind of victim!"

I heard approaching footsteps as I stepped up to her, getting in her face. "It's crazy how the only reason you're even mad at me is because your baby daddy doesn't want you or his kid. How is that my fault?"

Elliott was suddenly in between us. "Woah, Kennedy, Scarlett what is going on here?"

He separated us and stood his ground in the middle of us.

"Why don't you ask Kennedy?" I motioned to her. "She's the one with the baby daddy issues."

She glared at me. "Well, excuse me for telling mine, we can't all hide our kids from the father."

"Come on now, Kenn..." Elliott trailed off, looking over at her. "Scarlett had a good reason for doing what she needed to do."

I froze. My stomach in knots and my head is twirls.

Remembering that I had told Elliott that Kyson wanted me to abort them.

Fuck.

"Oh, please!" Kennedy continued. "Going to the UFC was not a good reason to not tell him."

Elliott's head jerked back as he was shocked by Kennedy's words. I quickly looked down at my feet in embarrassment, but I could feel him turn to look at me. "What is she saying, Scar?"

"Sounds like Scarlett, I'm pretty sure she has been lying since she could talk." Kennedy chuckled humorlessly.

"Is this true?" He asked as I looked up at him. "Why would you lie to me?"

"Probably because she is still in love with Kyson..." She kept talking. "Because she still talks about him, she doesn't want to be with you Elliott, she wants to be with him."

That's nothing new, I have already told Elliott that I didn't want to be with him, but I didn't give him a reason as to why I didn't. I just kept telling him that I wasn't ready for the commitment. That wasn't a lie.

I didn't know that I had tears falling until that hit my top lip. "Shut up, Kennedy!"

My eyes shifted to Elliott's brown ones. "I'm sorry, E." But he just shook his head and walked away. I turned to his retreating back. "Elliott!" I cried. "I want you gone by tomorrow afternoon." I turned to Kennedy, I don't ever want to hear from you or see you again."

I ran after Elliott, I followed him back to my room as he begins to pack up his things. Things that he has always left here. He was trying to leave. He already had on his shoes and hoodie. "I don't want to hear it, Scar."

"Elliott, please." I cried. "I never lied to you about my feelings."

"Save me the bullshit, Scarlett." He growled, zipping up his bag. "We both know that if Kyson were to run to you, wanting to be with you, don't pretend like you wouldn't drop everything to be with him."

"I—" I stayed quiet because he was right. I love Kyson, and if he wanted to be with me even after he meets his sons and forgives me for everything, I would drop whoever I had to, to be with him.

"That's what the fuck I thought." Elliott barked, throwing his bag over his shoulder before walking out.

I followed him back to the front door, he unlocked it, ready to open it and walk out. "Elliott, I don't want you to leave like this. The boys will miss you too much." More tears were falling now. "What am I supposed to say to them?"

Elliott stopped before turning the knob, to look back at me. "How about the fucking truth, Scar?!" He shouted. "You have been waiting for him, you'll always wait for him! Kyson is their father, not me, I don't even know why I thought that I could be."

Turning the knob, he swung the door open.

"Wait—" I tried, but I was startled; dumbfounded; dazed, in every sense of the word shocked.

My heart screamed in speed, my hands slick to the touch with sweat, my stomach in knots with my mouth slack jawed, and hanging open.

Kyson stood tall, rigid, and guarded right on my fucking front steps. I didn't know what to say or do at this point, Elliott and I just stood there frozen, and too scared to say anything or make a sound.

I was scared shitless because I'm pretty sure that he just heard everything that Elliott just said.

"We need to talk." Was all Kyson said before he walked passed Elliott, stepping inside.

******

Xoxo 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 71.4K 78
Kalliyah's twin sister, Alliyah decides to have an affair with an older man. The affair led to Alliyah getting pregnant. After couple months of takin...
196K 5.8K 32
I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye. "You know what...
285K 5.9K 78
And we're back! But this time we're looking into the lives of the younger siblings: Alyssa Phoenix, Julianna and Jade Ramirez, and their best friend...
194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...