Her 'Not So Loving' Love Life

By k_ahmad

Karamat Ahmed, or Kara for short, A highschool star basketball player with a terrible past with men, who doe... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19

3

2.5K 158 55
By k_ahmad

KARA

The annoying sound that was coming from my alarm clock woke me up from my deep slumber with an urge to throw it against the wall.

I got up from my comfortable bed and walked to my bathroom, brush my teeth and did my wudhu. I walked out and placed my praying rug then prayed my morning prayer before going back to the bathroom to take my last good bath in my home.

I wore a white jeans trousers, a white shirt, a baby pink hijab and my white chunky boots that I picked out the previous night to avoid rummaging through my already packed boxes.

I went to Ali's room to wake him up because I know my brother. But, I found him up and sweating.

"Why the fuck are you sweating so much?" I asked, with a raised eyebrow.

"Well good morning to you too." He rolled his eyes at me as he tossed his drenched shirt in a box.

"Still on my previous question, why are you sweating so much?" I asked again, leaning on the door frame.

"Workout routine. Couldn't sleep." He stated and I straightened up, a little worried.

"You okay?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He replied.

I asked again, "Sure?"

"Yesss, now leave me so I can take my bath." He shooed me out.

"Alright, alright. I'm going."

I went to the kitchen with a cheery, "Good morning, mommyyy."

"Good morning, my darling. You're happy this morning." My mom pointed and I chuckled, taking the bottle of orange juice from the fridge and puring some for myself in a plastic cup.

"Woke up feeling gloomy actually. I don't know why I'm happy now." I told her truthfully, taking huge gulps of my juice.

I was starving.

There was a comfortable silence until I couldn't take it anymore.

"When will breakfast be ready?" I asked and she shook her head and accompanied it with a short laugh.

___

"Hurry up, Kids." Dad yelled while he pulled the last of our boxes out the front door.

"Right behind you dad." I yelled back.

After looking at what used to be my room one last time with a deep exhale, I dragged my feet down the stairs to join the rest.

"You good?" My brother asked, pulling me into a side embrace by his shoulder.

"I guess. Thank you." I replied, hugging him back and he kissed the top of my head. 

"Always here for you." He whispered to me before we exited our home with heavy hearts.

___

The moment our plane reached the sky, I started feeling drowsy.

Do not sleep Kara, it's just a 2 hour flight.

"You look like a drunk fool trying to stay awake. Just sleep, idiot." Ali mocked.

I didn't have the strength to argue so I poked my tongue at him and got comfortable in my seat, ready to sleep.

"Wake up." I heard my brother's voice but I just turned.

"Just let me sleep for a while." I mumbled.

"If you do not wake up this instant-"

"I'm up." My eyes shot open instantly at my mom's threat.

That woman can commit anything.

"Good for you." She said while buckling her seat belt. I did mine too and watched through through window as the airplane landed.

Once we got the few luggages we flew with, our dad got us a taxi and we were on our way to our new home.

But I wasn't feeling the anticipation. Not at all.

Just one thought running through my head;

Will my new room be better than my old?

As those unnecessary thoughts ran through my head, I didn't notice when the car came to a halt.

I looked out the window and my jaw dropped.

"This house so beautiful." I awed as I step out of the car.

"Yes it is. Just wait till you see your rooms." Dad answered excitingly as they walked towards the front door.

"Make your self comfortable standing out here staring at the house." My brother mocked, standing by my side.

"Haha, very funny." I answered sarcastically before walking away from him towards the front door.

We all walked in and I couldn't help but gawk even more. The interior was very simple yet beautiful. The house feels so homely.

"I love this house." Asad cooed

"True that." Ali added, walking towards the stairs.

"Do you know you way around the house?" I asked him and he stopped, making me laugh.

"Let me show you to your rooms so you can all rest." Dad interjected, trying to suppress his own laughter.

Ali's room was shown to him first then Asad's and now we're right by the door of my room, I'm assuming.

"Yours. Away from your brother's loudness as you always wanted." Dad winked at me and I smiled.

"Thanks, dad." I told him and he left after patting my head.

I walked in and inhaled sharply. All white with specks of dust pink. That's the theme of my room.

S

eriously, dad? Pink?

I laughed and looked around the room, I noticed two doors at the side and I walked over and opened the first one. A tiled bathroom, a simple modern bathroom.

I walked out and opened the other door. It was a walk in closet with some clothes stocked already.

I liked it, I liked every single corner of this room.

Just then I heard my door open so I walked out of the closet to meet Ali leaning on the door frame.

"Need anything?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Let's go. Dad ordered Chinese." He motioned with his head and I sighed.

"Sure." I muttered and tailed behind him last he guided me to the kitchen.

We joined the rest of the family around the island, sitting beside Ali and Mom, and across from Asad and Dad.

Mid-lunch, dad spoke, "Your admissions have been completely processed. You're both to start 12th grade in Nevada High tomorrow. Make sure to go early so as to get the schedules in time for first period."

I almost choked on my fried rice so I pushed it down with some water.

"But we just arrived." I reasoned.

Ali, back me up here.

"Yeah, I mean, we got to rest and  get settled. This is a new environment for us." Ali explained and I nodded my head in full support.

"You'll have time for that. In the weekends. But you just have to go, I'm sorry."

"What about Asad?" I asked.

"Still processing." Mom chirped in and I sighed.

Dad's face suddenly lit up..

"I have a very good surprise for both of you that will surely lift up your mood." Dad beamed, looking at Ali and I.

We spared each other a glance.

"What is it?" We both asked simultaneously.

"Follow me outside, will you?" He got up and we followed behind immediately both in anticipation of what the surprise was.

Please be a car.

Please be a car.

Please let it be a car.

When we went to the parking garage, I saw 4 cars parked and our dad led us towards the last two.

I leaped inwardly.

I'm not dreaming, am I?

Dad snapped me out of my thoughts when he threw a key at me and I caught it with ease. He did same to Ali and we both stared at him.

"Destroy it and the next car you're going to get is the one you buy for yourselves." He warned but he had a small smile on his face.

"You're the absolute best." I squealed, jumping on him and he caught me, laughing heartily.

"Thank you." Ali told him with a curt nod while I checked out my car.

A Chevy Equinox, same car as Ali's but mine was black and his was grey in color.

"Hey, where's mine?" Asad asked, from behind us and we both turned and looked at him incredulously.

"You'll get yours when you grow up. But for now, be a good boy and your brother will be taking you to and from school, we good?" Dad said to Asad.

"Fine." He sulked and walked back into the house.

"Come on! Why shouldn't Kara take him?" He whined while I tried to suppress my smile.

"Because I believe you are more responsible." Dad answered and I shot him a look.

"What? Am I wrong?" Dad asked with a shrug.

"I will try." Ali chipped in with a smirk plastered on his lips.

"Check out your cars and get some rest. Don't forget about school tomorrow." Dad added before leaving the parking space.

"Now, I can't wait for school tomorrow." I beamed jumping up and down as we walked back into the house, getting a shake of the head from my brother.

"You're such a child." He muttered and I punched his arm playfully.

"Race me to school tomorrow morning?" He asked and I looked at him with a smirk.

"You're on."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191 13 25
What happens when you move from your big, diverse, and colourful city, where you feel like you belong in The Big Apple to a small, uncultured town in...
6.5K 480 24
"You tried to target my siblings and I did what my heart said." I said looking in her eyes and she rolled her eyes. "Your that stupid heart didn't l...
1.1K 88 20
She fell first, He fell harder... Isla Abassi was determined to focus only on her schoolwork, but life threw her a curveball. She found herself devel...
4.7K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...