Falling For My Best Friend

By short_grace

What's worse than being a guy in high school who figures out they are gay and they have a crush on another gu... More

Authors Note?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Ending Authors Note
CLARA'S STORY!
Some things to talk about

Chapter 10

42.6K 1.4K 1.6K
By short_grace

"The truth runs wild, like the rain to the sea.
Tryna set straight the lines that I trace to find some relief.
This voice inside, has been eating at me.
Tryna embrace the picture I paint and color me free."

- Troye Sivan ft. Betty Who, Heaven

Love this song so much <3

(Hunter's POV)

I decided that maybe Noah shouldn't be left alone tonight. So, I asked him to spend the night. We've done it many times before, especially on the nights before tests, when he would stay the night so we could cram together. Really, we would end up tossing the textbooks aside to play video games until three in the morning, but at least we were stressed together.

It was about an hour before Noah came over that I started to worry. I'm not really sure what I had to worry about, but the guy I love who is my bestfriend was coming over to stay the night at my house. And I'm supposed to be straight.

I was pacing in my living room when Brody came out holding his phone. He chuckled before he said goodbye to whoever he was talking to and then he hung up.

Brody glances up at me with a confused frown. "What's got your boxers twisted?"

Brody went and sat down on the couch nearest to me. He gave me a fierce look that said he would bother me until I told him what was bothering me.

"I invited Noah over to stay the night cause something happened today and I wanted to comfort him." I didn't bother telling him what Noah had told me today. I don't know if Noah wants everyone to know his dad was over at his house. So for the sake of his privacy, my brother doesn't need to know until Noah tells him.

Brody chuckles. "Okay? I don't see the problem here. He's staying the night, you're comforting him."

I sigh and slump into the space on the couch beside him. "I don't know what I'm worrying about either."

Brody pats my back and gives me a small smile. "Listen, just act normal. There is nothing to worry about. He's your bestfriend, and he's stayed over many times before. Don't stress about this."

I smile at my brother. I'm so glad I have him in my life to instruct me on things. I may not show it all the time, but I love my brother.

At that moment, there's a knock at the door, and I jump up. Brody smirks and gets up to leave the room, while my mom's head peaks out from the kitchen.

"Is that Noah? Hunter, hun get the door for your bestfriend." My mom says. She goes back to whatever she was doing in the kitchen, probably making dinner.

I take a deep breath, and go towards the door. I open it and see Noah with his hand towards the door, as if he was about to knock again. He puts his hand back to his side once he realizes the door is open.

"Hey, Noah. Come on in, you know my house is your house." Noah chuckles and walks into my living room which is what our front door is connected to.

My dad walks out of his office then, to see Noah standing at the doorway. He shows a small smile and walks towards us.

"Noah! It's good to see you. Give me your hand, son." My dad takes Noah's hand and they shake hands. My dad does that sometimes, cause you know, he's so professional.

Noah smiles a little at my dad. "It's great to see you again, Mr. Adams."

My dad let's go of Noah's hand and smiles again. My dad is a pretty professional person, so he has everyone that isn't family call him Mr. Adams. That's just how he is. My mom though, likes being called by her name, Serise.

My dad leaves the living room and goes into the kitchen to see my mom. I sigh and turn to Noah. He kind of looks like he's about to start crying, so I take his hand and lead him to my room.

Once in my room, I shut my door and turn to Noah and bring him into a hug. He hugs me back immediately and I feel his tears hit my shirt as I let him cry on me.

Noah doesn't cry often, there just isn't anything that really makes him cry that much. But the subject of his dad makes him cry like a baby. And it's one of the many things I love about him, that I am one of the only people he will cry around.

Noah's cries start to dwindle and he grows quiet. He soon pulls away from the hug and I miss his warmth.

"I'm sorry for crying on you like that. Sometimes your dad reminds me of...mine." He wipes the tear from his cheek and looks up at me with his gorgeous eyes. I could get lost in them.

"It's okay. I know that subject brings back memories. Whenever you need to cry, I'm here to be your pillow."

Noah chuckles and looks around my room. "So what do we do now?"

I turn to him with a smirk. "We can play on my PS4."

Noah's eyes light up and he nods. Noah is a videogame freak, I swear. He loves them so much, and it makes me happy seeing him so happy.

We play on my PS4 for a little while till my mom calls us down for dinner. Noah has been over so many times that we keep a certain space on our table for him to sit at when he comes over and stays for dinner.

We all sit down at the table and my mom starts handing out the food to everyone at the table. The food we are having tonight is my mom's special, steak with sautéed mushrooms. We also have some mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. My mom is a great cook, really.

Once all the food is passed out, we begin our normal dinner conversation. Noah sits beside me and Brody sits in front of me, while my parents sit on the opposite ends of the table. That's how it's always been. We do have a separate chair next to Brody, and across from Noah. That seat is used when we have more than one guest joining us.

"So Noah, how has school been going?" My mom asks, cutting into her steak.

"It's going pretty good. I could probably have a better grade in Chemistry though."

Brody groans from the other side of the table. "I did terrible in Chemistry when I took it. Good luck with that."

Noah chuckles and goes back to eating his food. My dad looks up at Noah and smirks.

"So Noah, any women on the market for you?" My dad chuckles and mom hits him on the shoulder. Noah blushes and looks down at his lap.

I can feel the jealousy in me and I grit my teeth. Brody notices and nudges me with his foot. He raises his eyebrows, which is a quiet way of him telling me to calm down.

"Um, no not really." Noah says. I feel a little more calm knowing there's no girl on his mind.

My dad raises his eyebrows. "Really? I'd think a handsome guy like you would have girls all over him."

I'm reminded of Clara immediately, ruining my used to be calm mood. Brody nudges my foot again.

"I don't know. I guess I don't really want to date any of them." Noah says, making me feel a little better.

My mom hits my dad on the shoulder again. "Jacob! Stop pressuring the kid to get a girlfriend. Whenever he gets one, he will."

We drop that conversation and go onto talking about a bunch of random things. Once dinner is done, I take Noah back to my room.

"Sorry my parents like to interrogate you so much."

Noah laughs. "It's fine. I can deal with them. Can we play videogames again?"

I smile and nod my head.

~~~

Mom comes in at about eleven to tell us that her and dad are going to bed. Noah and I decide to do the same, because both me and him are pretty tired.

I go to my bathroom and brush my teeth, and also put on some sweatpants and a random t-shirt. I leave the bathroom and let Noah take care of himself before bed also.

I'm not really sure how sleeping is going to work. Usually Noah and I just sleep in the same bed, so I think we'll be doing that? I'm really nervous. But as Brody said, just act normal.

I get into the side of the bed that I normally sleep on. Soon, Noah comes out of the bathroom and goes to turn off the lights. He soon crawls into bed beside me, and pulls the covers over himself as well.

It is quiet for a little while and I am beginning to fall asleep when I hear Noah speak. "Hunter?"

I open my eyes wide. "Yes, Noah?"

Noah is silent for a minute before he speaks again, "Can you come closer?"

He says it so shyly and it makes me smile. I turn so that I can face him and grab him from the other side of the bed and bring him to my side. He yelps bUt doesn't struggle against me. Once we snuggle up next to each other, it doesn't take long before Noah falls asleep. I fall asleep minutes later, feeling content at having him this close to me.

~~~

Sooooooo, how'd you guys like this chapter?

We love a good parent interrogation ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also Hunter and Noah getting all cuddly like awww

Anyway,

Qotc: Winter or Summer?

Aotc: I like winter because I prefer colder weather, but it's really cold in Winter. My birthday is in the summer, so that's great. But there are a bunch of bugs in the summer and humidity. Idk I really like Fall though lmao.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Bye fellow Wattpadians!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 60.3K 45
"Noah, I won't do it unless you ask me to," he whispered, his voice seductively low. "What?" I asked almost breathless. "Kiss you," he murmured. "And...
34.4K 1.5K 38
*THIS STORY IS UNDER COMPLETE RECONSTRUCTION.* Prickly, sarcastic, self-aware Austin is roped into a risky dare by his best friend that leads to one...
157K 14K 34
Noah Riley didn't mean to drown, or did he? But waking up in another boy's hoodie entices him not only to live a little longer but also to solve the...
239K 7.5K 33
Darren Wheeler is gay. His family knows, his friends know it, and practically his whole neighborhood knows it. The only thing he's hiding is that he'...