Erchomai [Ricochet/Adam Cole]

بواسطة -MammaMia-

Trevor has one problem: he used to be in love with Adam Cole. Not the puppy dog, batting eyelashes type of lo... المزيد

intro + cast
playlist + watchlist
chapter 1: fools rush away
chapter 2: win a date with adam cole!
chapter 3: laws of redaction
chapter 4: how to lose a friend in 10 seconds
chapter 5: say nothing
chapter 6: best friends with kid
chapter 7: life as we blow it
chapter 8: definitely, nope
chapter 9: adam & trevor's infinite watchlist
chapter 10: lies actually
chapter 11: while you were wrestling
chapter 12: just fake boyfriends
chapter 13: 500 hours of cole
chapter 14: did you hear about the jenkins?
chapter 15: breakfast at teddy's
chapter 16: trevor and adam make a pesto
chapter 17: chasing alec
chapter 19: to all the ones i've wrestled before
chapter 20: deliver us from evelyn
chapter 21: first holiday
chapter 22: he's just too into you
chapter 23: just wrong
chapter 24: that awkward match
chapter 25: love, trevor

chapter 18: the accidental boyfriend

86 7 0
بواسطة -MammaMia-

Trevor wakes up the next morning to an empty bed and messages in his group chat. Yawning, he focuses on the one thing he can control first and unlocks his phone. He almost wishes he didn't.

BIANCA: Trev, you better not let Adam keep you out past your birthday.

LACE: Yeah, I'm not sure I trust Adam to do right by us with those shifty eyes of his.

MIA: He's good people. Only gotta worry 'bout the mouth he's got on him.

LACE: Oh?

JOHNNY: Good to know my mind wasn't the only one that went there.

BIANCA: Y'all a mess.

LACE: Hey, sometimes my mind's in the gutters and there's no groundskeeper.

TREVOR: Yo, what the hell?

TREVOR: Why did I wake up to innuendo about my boyfriend in the group chat?

MIA: Because we love and miss you and Lacey's a damn perv.

LACE: I resent that, but this ain't about me. Like B said, don't stay in PA on your birthday!

TREVOR: I'm working the show on the 5th. Couldn't stay here if I wanted to.

BIANCA: Never know. We don't know what you two been up to in Lancaster.

JOHNNY: Oh, I'm pretty sure we have an idea.

TREVOR: My friends are all perverts. Good to know.

LACE: Since the cat's out of the bag then, Trev, quick question about Adam.

TREVOR: Lace, don't you dare.

JOHNNY: Say it! Say it! Say it!

MIA:

LACE: I'm gonna.

BIANCA: We're literally all begging you not to. Except Johnny, but no one listens to men that short.

JOHNNY: WOW. Now I really want her to say it.

MIA: Please don't!

TREVOR: I swear...

BIANCA: NO.

LACE: What dat mouth do tho???

MIA: Ugh.

JOHNNY: Hahaha, yes!

BIANCA: No class.

TREVOR: Blocked.

Trevor returns his phone to the nightstand, running a hand over his face as he sits up in bed. Yep. Nothing like his friends being creeps to wake him up in the morning.

The bedroom door opens and Adam inches in, one hand holding coffee and the other behind his back. He's dressed for the day in his Prince Devitt shirt and jeans with his hair pinned up in a bun as he smiles at Trevor. "Good morning, Trev."

"Morning," Trevor remarks, looking him up and down as he sits up against the bed frame. He's always thought that shirt looked good on Adam. "You're up early."

"Because I come bearing stuff."

Adam comes over and hands Trevor the coffee, which he takes in two hands with a thanks. Trevor takes a drink from the cup and almost chokes on it as Adam suddenly straddles him. It's more out of amusement than shock. He smirks over the rim of his cup, taking another sip of coffee before setting it down. "You gotta buy me dinner first, hotshot."

"Breakfast count?" From behind his back, he reveals a saucer with some type of muffin on it. "It's poppyseed, I think. Mom made it with Stevia, but I think that might be the least of your worries."

"Thanks." Trevor takes the plate warily. He hasn't tasted Melissa's baking yet and wants to give her the benefit of the doubt, but her children have all been pretty adamant about her not being able to bake. Still, because he's a good guest, he bites into it anyway. It tastes like immediate regret. "Delicious," he says around the muffin, grimacing as he bites into something crunchy.

"Trevor, don't pretend." Adam grabs the muffin from him and bites into it, swallowing it with a shiver. "I love my mom, but this is a crime against humanity." Adam puts it down in place of the coffee that he picks up to return to Trevor.

"You know," Trevor playfully warns with a raised eyebrow as he drinks from the cup. "This is very boyfriend-like."

"What a coincidence." Adam pulls at his soft gray cotton shirt, a completely serious look on his face. "This shirt happens to be made out of boyfriend material."

"Ugh, awful," Trevor laughs, gently pushing Adam off of him with his free hand. "0 stars, babe." Adam laughs on his back as he stares up at the ceiling, some strands of hair falling from his bun. "What's got you so happy?"

"Besides our kiss yesterday," he answers swiftly, swiveling his head to stare at Trevor.

Trevor sighs. Bides his time by drinking the last dregs of coffee. "You wanna talk about it," he asks, glaring into the bottom of the glass as if it will give him answers.

Adam's hands are interlocked over his stomach, and he gives a shrug. "Only if you want to."

Trevor takes the time to really think about it. A week ago, or maybe even a couple days ago, he might have regretted the kiss. But his time here has been enlightening in a way, and he wouldn't mind kissing Adam again at all. Even if it'll only further complicate the "fake" part of their relationship. "Not yet," he decides. "I'd like to see how today plays out first."

"Awesome." Adam rolls over onto his right side, head propped up in his hand. "I've got something to pass the time. Planned a couple things that I hope you'll like."

That grabs Trevor's attention. He glances down at him, a small grin in place. "Like a date?"

Adam nods, sitting up to offer Trevor his hand. When Trevor interlaces them together, Adam gives his hand a squeeze. "Exactly like a date."

+

Adam's idea of a date starts with going to the aquarium, where they catch a tour with a few fans who notice them. They sign some autographs and pose for a few photos. One girl who they take photos with tells them they're her favorite wrestling couple. Honestly, Trevor's personal favorite wrestling couple is Naomi and Jimmy Uso, but he smiles all the same.

When the tour disperses, Adam and Trevor stand in front of a tank loaded with a colorful school of fish. Adam reaches out as if he's going to touch it, then pulls back when his common sense must have kicked in. He glances at Trevor, hands slipping into his pockets. "Are we even a couple if I don't get on the other side and stare at you longingly through the fish?"

"I doubt that's as romantic as the movie made it out to be."

After the tour they're both hungry, so they find a pizza parlor nearby and settle into a booth in the back. They order a ham pizza to share and Trevor gets pineapples on his, which earns a frown from Adam.

"Wow." Adam grabs the red pepper flakes to shake onto his slice as Trevor bites into one from his half with a quirked eyebrow. "Pineapples? Would you believe that I'm considering dumping you over that?"

Trevor chuckles, bringing a hand to his mouth to stop a pineapple from tumbling out. "I thought I'd be the first to threaten to break up with you over something trivial like that. The tables have turned."

Adam sets the shaker down, watching Trevor closely with a grin. "Maybe that isn't such a bad thing."

The rest of the day passes by slowly, giving Trevor the time to enjoy every moment he and Adam spend together. After pizza they stop at a record store, and Trevor is sure he's in heaven as he looks at the lined shelves. Of course, he's been to one before, but that'll never stop his absolute awe at being inside. He runs his hands over all the albums that catch his eye. Destiny's Child, TLC, Bill Withers, Etta James, Otis Redding. All the beautiful voices that make him immediately think of home.

Trevor and Adam spend hours there, discussing music and making each other listen to their songs of choice. Trevor's always been into classical shit like Vivaldi and Chopin, which Adam isn't surprised to find out. Trevor, on the other hand, is shocked to discover that Adam has a soft spot for doo-wop, which Trevor also unabashedly enjoys on occasion.

What's even more amazing than that is Adam's ability to carry a tune when he really wants to. Like, he's actually putting effort into his singing and he sounds delightful. With a hand placed loosely at Trevor's hip, he croons "This Magic Moment" by The Drifters in Trevor's ear on the way out of the shop. It's both the most ridiculous thing to ever happen to Trevor and breathtakingly beautiful.

When the day has come to an end, the date's still going as the two walk alongside the beach at night. It's empty and the moon is out and proud. Trevor inhales, taking in the night air that isn't so pleasant, but the company makes it better. "It's okay if you wanna tell me this is the best date you've ever had," Adam says, watching the ground as he walks. "I'm sure your exes would agree."

"Yeah, I enjoyed today." Trevor steals a glance at Adam, then refocuses on the slow stroll ahead. "But it's not my best date by a mile."

Adam stops him then with a hand on his wrist, and Trevor turns to him. "What would make it the best?" Trevor shakes his head, but Adam moves in closer. "I'm serious. I want this day to be perfect for you."

"Look, I was kidding." He takes Adam's head in his hand, scanning his face. "It's great, okay? The only thing this day hasn't had is you doing something dumb, which I can't say I'm upset about."

"Dumb, huh?" Where his face is cradled between Trevor's hands, Adam turns enough to stare off into the distance at the water. It continues its peaceful ebb and flow rhythm as he starts to don a Grinch-like smile. "I think I have an idea."

Trevor just stares at him, disbelieving. "That's wasn't an invitation, you know?"

But it's too late. "October is one of the best months to visit Pennsylvania," Adam says casually, backing out of Trevor's grasp. Adam strips out of his shirt and tosses it onto the sand as Trevor blinks to make sure he's not losing his mind. "Which makes it the perfect month to go night swimming."

Oh, so this is really happening. Trevor gives a soft chuckle. "I knew you were insane, but this is some next level shit." He runs a hand over his head, watching as Adam undoes his belt with a teasing grin and shrugs out of his pants. "But continue if you'd like. I'm enjoying the show."

Adam gives Trevor a very blatant once over, biting his bottom lip. "I was honestly hoping you'd join me."

Trevor laughs. "If you think things are about to get sexy in cold water, please reevaluate exactly who you think I am."

"It's not that cold." Adam comes closer, cozying up to him and wrapping his hands around Trevor's waist. "And you could always warm me up."

"I'm so glad we're at a place in our relationship where I don't have to tell you how bad that was." Trevor considers it for a moment. Hears his conscious insist on what a terrible idea this is. But he's been ignoring that little voice since before this whole thing with Adam started. One day he may heed its advice. That day's not today. "If it's cold, you're gonna owe me," Trevor warns as he moves out of Adam's embrace to start removing his shirt.

Adam is ecstatic as he watches Trevor toss his shirt down next to his. "Owe you what?"

Trevor's quick to respond as he takes off his pants. "Whatever I want."

Trevor bends down to remove his pants from around his ankle, and when he straightens up to drop them off to the side, Adam's in his space. Trevor thinks that the intensity of Adam's gaze could burn him if he let it.

Moving in a bit closer until he's right in Trevor's face, Adam whispers against his lips, "I've been trying to give you that since the moment I met you." Then the little tease takes off running into the night towards the lake.

A sigh leaves Trevor's mouth, but it's far from one of annoyance. "The things I do for this man." He starts jogging after him until he's in the lake up to his knees. He heads in further, diving in when there's enough room, enjoying the way it feels against his skin. Trevor's probably the last person to make a Goldilocks reference, but damn, the water's just right.

Trevor resurfaces in front of Adam, wiping at his eyes and glad he doesn't have any hair to shake dry. Adam's bun is barely holding together as droplets of water drip down from it over his face. Trevor takes in their surroundings. The sounds of the lake's ecosystem and the way the moonlight reflects on the water. The absolute quiet between the two men that exists to give Trevor the clarity he needed. "I don't regret the kiss," he tells Adam.

At that, Adam looks relieved, a calm smile on his face. "Me neither."

Slowly, Trevor places his hands on either side of Adam's face as they close the distance between them to share a kiss. It's soft and tastes like the lake water, but also pineapples and red pepper flakes. Trevor thinks of it as a good kind of intoxicating.

Once they break apart, Adam's hands move to Trevor's shoulders, massaging them gently as his eyes shine with something inexplicable. "This," he exclaims, laughing happily, reaching a hand up to remove his hair from its bun so that it fans atop of the water. "I don't know what we are, but I want this. I want it more than I've ever wanted anything."

And Trevor understands exactly what he means. His heart feels full to the extent that he could probably write a fucking soliloquy on it if he had to. Trevor wants this feeling to last forever. Even if he doesn't know where they're going. Doesn't matter. He's gonna enjoy the ride anyway.

Nodding, Trevor interlaces his hands behind Adam's neck and pulls him in to a deep kiss. When he pulls back, Adam brings a hand up to caress Trevor's cheek as Trevor says, "Now the date's perfect."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

CARNIVORE بواسطة Simon

قصص المراهقين

900 57 13
{MxMxMxM} "I'm everything I can't be, and I hate it. But I can't do anything about the situation I'm in, so I'll have to deal with it. " .... Tycho B...
623K 18.4K 37
[BoyxBoy] Kai Carter has been through hell and back. His parents are abusive, homophobic and don't support him financially so he has to work part ti...
96.4K 4.3K 32
Clay's life seems fine, but is everything except from fine due to bullies ruining his happiness day by day. His grandpa is the only one who knows eve...
194K 5.5K 29
***SEQUEL TO "I HATE YOU"*** Welcome back to Dylan and Zack's world. Zack is still the bad boy everyone loves, but now with a softer side made specia...