Home, It's you

By yomi_oyo

"Who are they?" "My sons." "What are you?" "I'm a father." Cigarette, bruises, one-night stands, and bloody k... More

1: Let's go home
2: New Start
3: Gradually, He changed
4: Problems From The Past
5: The Strongest Father
6: Promise, No Matter What
8: A Calm Before The Storm
9: Soft Boy
10: Home, It's you
Author's Note

7: Appa is Sick!

2.1K 158 71
By yomi_oyo

A/N : 

WARNING : NO BETA. Sorry for a really late update because I'm in my last year of my high school and I will have the final national test in two months!

*

"Hyung."

"Yeah?"

"....."

"What's wrong Namjoon-ah?"

"This is about them, Taehyung and Jungkook."

"What's with them? They are sleeping in my bedroom now."

"No, hyung, about-"

"Speak clearly, Namjoon, you're not explaining anything to me."

"You know, actually, before Grandpa died, he did some research to find the boys' family."

"Okay, and then? They were from an orphanage right?"

"Yes, we got some files but we didn't find their parents. But you remember when Grandpa died and the news spread fast?"

"Yeah, he was one of the important person after all."

"The pictures some magazines used as the header, Taehyung and Jungkook were there."

"So my sons became famous? Come on, people would forget them immediately."

"That's right hyung, but, I have been receiving calls."

"Yeah? Okay, and then?"

"Taehyung, it was Taehyung's parents that had been calling our family non-stop to meet their son."

*

Everything was Ken's fault. Ken is Seokjin's friend from Yoongi's cafe. They worked together, almost having the exact same shift time every weekday.

Ken is one of the people Seokjin likes the most, he is friendly and funny. A perfect match for Seokjin's goofy side.

But yet, that man brought a freakin' flu virus to him! The other male was sneezing beside Seokjin in the kitchen, coughing and made everything worse when he got a fever and smiled sheepishly when Seokjin scolded him.

The hybrid ended up taking Ken to the hospital when Yoongi told his friend to go back.

He was fine the day after he accompanied Ken to hospital. He still laughed brightly and played games with Taehyung and Jungkook. Still did his daily routines without any problems.

The day after tomorrow was when he felt his throat hurt. It was hard to swallow and he started to cough or sneeze a lot.

Taehyung and Jungkook put a disgusted face when Seokjin wiped his snot, even teased Seokjin; saying their father stayed up too late and got sick.

He felt worse four days after that day, so dizzy when he turned off the alarm beside him. Almost dropped his phone when he checked his message and almost bump into his kitchen wall when he prepared his and the boys' breakfast.

He thought a nice nap would be enough, he didn't keep medicines for himself in here. He just has medicines for children that obviously wouldn't have any effect on him.

Jungkook was the first one to realize his condition became worse than yesterday, the boy was tilting his head cutely. He gazed up to his father with a frown, lips formed into a little pout and his bunny ears straightened.

The little bunny hybrid pulled his older brother, taking the tiger hybrid's attention from the morning cartoon. Jungkook smacked Taehyung with his pink bunny plushie when his brother didn't look at him.

"What's wrong, Kookie?" the tiger hybrid asked with an annoyed tone, munching his sandwiches and wiping some leftover of strawberry jam from Jungkook's cheek.

Jungkook gestured his older brother to come closer, he whispered to Taehyung, "Appa is sick!" the tiger raised his eyebrow and searched for their father's tall figure, he examined him.

Seokjin rubbed his forehead because the dizziness started to become a little too much. He wondered if his condition became this bad because of the lack of sleep or because he worked too much. The problem with Taehyung's real parents also made him more tired in the past weeks. Namjoon took care the troublesome part and assured Seokjin those people won't disturb them but still if they are really Taehyung's parent then Seokjin didn't have any heart to keep the tiger hybrid away for too long from his real parents.

He coughed again, harsher this time, his shoulders shook and he shut his eyes unconsciously. He wiped the tears from the corner of his eyes, he needed bedrest but he must drop the children to the nursery school first.

"See?!" Jungkook huffed, his older brother nodded his head. Their father was sick indeed. What should they do?

"Jungkook-ah, Taehyung-ah, go take a bath-" Seokjin coughed again, covering his mouth. He was scared the boys would get sick too in this case.

"Appa," Taehyung stepped closer, the older hybrid looked down and met a serious face of the tiger hybrid, "You're sick!" he shouted, ears tensed and Seokjin couldn't help but smile.

'Yeah, I'm,' his sarcastic mind replied inside his head.

"I'm not," Seokjin shook his head, giving Taehyung an empty plate; a silent order to put it in the nearby sink.

"But you're!" Jungkook jumped beside him, the older hybrid didn't remember when the young approached him.

"Just a stuffy nose," Seokjin rubbed his stuffy nose, Taehyung clearly saw his father's face turned a little red. According to their teachers in the nursery school, that's meant a fever!

This also happened when a kid named Bambam from Jungkook's class had a fever, his face became red and hot. The teachers ended up calling Mark, Bambam's older brother to pick him up.

"Appa," Jungkook hugged Seokjin's feet, pulling the older man's pant harshly so he would bend down.

Seokjin frowned but followed what his son wanted, he bent his knee. Taehyung's tail caught his wrist, wrapped around his father's hand like a snake so he couldn't run away. The tiger hybrid touched Seokjin's forehead and gasped dramatically.

"Let's call Namjoon-hyung!" The tiger hybrid shouted. Seokjin blinked in confusion before the realization hit him.

"No- wait the minute Jungkook- Taehyung-" he tried to stop them but when he stood up abruptly, his surroundings spun and he wanted to puke.

Well, he was really sick.

Seokjin leaned to the kitchen table, gripping the table's edge; his breath felt hot and his eyes blurred a little. He felt worse than yesterday and just in several minutes, he felt more awful.

He heard a muffled sound from the other room, must be the children trying to find his mobile phone. He put in on the bedroom's nightstand.

The older hybrid slumped down to the floor when his knees buckled, leaning his heavy head to the kitchen's counter.

His eyelids felt heavy, he huffed and ruffled his hair. He remembered when he was a kid he often whined to Namjoon to buy him ice cream when he had a fever.

Sometimes his younger brother acted more like an elder brother. He felt tired, he didn't see Jungkook and Taehyung came back to the kitchen but he heard them shouted his name before he fainted.

He wondered with half-conscious mind if he brings Taehyung to his real parents and they want their son back; can he let the tiger hybrid go?

*

"Okay, boys," Yoongi clapped hands, "now move so I can carry your father to the bedroom."

Let's talk about how the human ended up in here. Yoongi was in his office when he got the call from Seokjin and when he answered, it was Taehyung or maybe Jungkook; crying for help, 'Appa fainted!'

And yep, Yoongi ran from his workplace straight to Seokjin's place in a record time with a panicked face.

Taehyung sobbed, stepping away from Seokjin who laid on the floor unconsciously. The older hybrid's ragged breath made then cried harder. The bunny hybrid hugged his older brother tightly, biting his lips with a horrified expression.

Yoongi sighed before he bent down and slipped his hand under Seokjin's knees. The younger man pulled the hybrid closer, making Seokjin rested his head on his chest before lifting him from the ground with a little struggle.

Seokjin is light despite his tall figure, he was several inches taller and broader than Yoongi but the hybrid was just one kilogram heavier than the younger human.

Taehyung hiccup while led Yoongi to their bedroom, the kids didn't know that the older human knew this place better than anyone else since this apartment is basically his.

Yep, this whole apartment building is Yoongi's apartment. He rented it and gave one of the room to Seokjin but the older hybrid refused to use it for free so he kept paying every month.

Yoongi and Seokjin knew each other since they were kids, Yoongi's father knew Seokjin's uncle.

Yoongi often played together with Seokjin and Namjoon. He knew almost everything about Seokjin, which was why he kept blaming himself for not staying with the older hybrid when he needed Yoongi the most.

It was when Seokjin's father challenged his own siblings for the family's authorities. When Seokjin's grandfather clearly said Seokjin's father didn't have the skill to be the head family, Seokjin's father challenged his own twins; the one who was more suitable to be the head family after Seokjin's grandfather let go the head family's position.

Things got ugly after that, some people who used this opportunity to eliminate both candidates, Seokjin's father and his twins; they sabotaged the event.

They created a fuss, made a big fire with an intention to kill the main family at once.

Seokjin's uncle died because he protected both Seokjin and Namjoon while their father died because of his own stupidity.

Seokjin's father still tried to kill his own brother even when they were surrounded by big fire and died when the roof fell down.

His uncle pushed Seokjin and Namjoon out from the burning room in the last minute, succeeded to save both of the children but too late to save his own life from a big wood that fell down at the same time and paralyzed half of his body.

'Run!' He said to the young Seokjin. Namjoon fainted because the young boy couldn't handle the smoke any longer.

Seokjin cried and tried to move the log but his uncle grabbed his hand, 'Jin!' He smiled to the young hybrid as best as he could despite the pain, 'protect your family no matter what.'

Seokjin felt so useless, so weak, he didn't have any choice but to lift Namjoon and ran, leaving his uncle behind.

His heart hammered his chest, he cried because of the smoke and the blood rushed in his veins because of the adrenaline.

He managed to pass the burning corridor with several burnt wounds and about to leave when he saw the front door but unfortunately, there were some people that wanted both Seokjin and Namjoon die.

Someone from outside closed the door, preventing them from escaping. Seokjin already felt dizzy and about to faint because of the thick smoke, he held Namjoon close to his chest and used a wet towel to cover his brother's nose.

He embraced his brother tightly when another burning log fell, he screamed when the big stone crushed his dark blue wings under them.

He was beyond caring about how ugly his wings became, their clan's pride; his pride but his brother was way more important than that.

Seokjin was always proud of how strong his wings were. He bit his lips until he tasted blood and tried to move his broken wings from under the stone. His wings fluttered weakly, trying to free itself.

The hybrid heard a loud cracking sound when he pulled his wings harshly and he felt unbearable pain shot through his entire body. Sweat drenched his shirt, tears dripped from his jaw as he tried to push and find a way to save his brother.

His bones dislocated, permanently. Some of the bones of his wings crushed, he would never able to fly again.

But he could still move it slightly, so when Namjoon coughed harshly and whispered with teary eyes: half awake, 'Hyung... I'm scared,' the older hybrid summoned an unknown power and freed themselves from the ruins.

He kicked open the door leading to an open garden, slammed himself to the window when the door didn't open. The glass was already so fragile and easy to break because of the hot temperatures.

So he used that chance and saved his and Namjoon's life.

He ran from the burning house, going to the open field of green grass and took a breath of fresh air greedily. He let out a relieved sigh when he looked down and saw Namjoon still breathing.

He managed to escape. He saved his brother.

Seokjin collapsed after that.

"Relax, kid," Yoongi said after he put Seokjin on the bed and turned around to see two sobbing hybrids.

Taehyung stared at Seokjin who look so sick, it seemed like their father was having a really scary nightmare and had a hard time to breathe without panting.

"It's a normal fever, everyone is sick in this last month," Yoongi said, patting Taehyung and Jungkook's heads, "it's a transition from spring season to autumn season, people often get sick."

He was sure the kids didn't understand nor they listened to him when all of their eyes focused only to the sleeping hybrid. Yoongi chuckled, feeling funny because Seokjin had the kids' hearts on his palm.

"Okay, both of you must go now," Taehyung and Jungkook snapped their heads up when he heard Yoongi, eyes wide with disbelief.

"What?" The human gave a stoic face, "there's no way I let two kids stay in the same room with a sick person," he said nonchalantly as he lifted both Taehyung and Jungkook from the floor and shut close the bedroom door.

Taehyung and Jungkook trashed between his arms but he held them firmly, only letting them go when they arrived at the living room and he basically dropped them on the couch.

They hiccupped, glaring like throwing daggers to Yoongi. The older man betrayed them, he didn't let Taehyung and Jungkook stay with Seokjin.

"Listen," he said with a raspy voice (Taehyung wanted to have such a deep voice in the future...), Taehyung and Jungkook gulped down, "I know you're so worried about your dad but he will kill me if he knows that I let both of you cling to him when he is clearly spreading virus every time he sneezes or coughs."

"But-" Jungkook played with the hem of his pyjamas, "I want to take care appa too," he mumbled with puffy eyes.

Taehyung agreed, "Please let us sleep or stay beside Appa," he sobbed, "Appa hate being alone, he doesn't like to sleep alone."

That was a rare thing to hear, he knew Seokjin used to be like that but he was surprised that the kid knew about those facts.

Yoongi smiled, "hey," he poked the bunny and the tiger's cheeks, wiping the tears tracks with his sleeves, "who said both of you won't take care of that stupid hybrid?"

*

"What?" Namjoon put down his files, "Jin-Hyung is sick?"

'Yes'

"You're with him, hyung?" the anxious hybrid asked with a wary tone, he shouldn't tell Seokjin about Taehyung's parent. The younger man felt bad, regretting what he did.

'Of course, do you think I can predict his conditions with magic without seeing him directly?'

"That's rare, I know Jin-Hyung rarely tell us when he is sick. Could it be he faint when he is working at your cafe?!' Namjoon stood up abruptly, accidentally hitting his knee to the sharp edge of the table and groaned in pain.

'You never change, Namjoon-ah. Be careful'

Namjoon blushed, Yoongi always makes him nervous and make him be so clumsy.

'And no, he fainted in his own house. But stay calm, I'm here, take a deep breath and drink your tea.'

Taking a sip of his tea, Namjoon listened to Yoongi. Calming down his own mind for not overreacting even though he was so worried about his brother's condition.

'The kids tried to call you when they realized their father got a fever but they couldn't find your number and ended up calling my number.'

Namjoon nodded knowingly, "sorry to trouble you, hyung," he heard Yoongi chuckled, "I will come this evening, please stay with Seokjin-hyung for a while."

'You know I will stay here without you asking'

Namjoon smiled softly to nobody, "I know."

*

Seokjin remembered the white ceiling of the hospital, the first thing he saw after he fainted in the backyard of the old mansion, a live-dead experience.

He recalled how he ripped out some injections from his veins, how many times he fell to the floor when he tried to get up and walk.

The bruises on his face that he saw from his reflection. Also his wings, his broken wings; he remembered it as clear as the day. How his wings looked so ugly with burnt feathers and dislocated bones.

He limped to the bathroom just to meet the unsightly image of himself. He heard a loud scream, a loud wail, a really pathetic sobbing sound and realized it was no other but his own voice.

His blunt nails scratched the white porcelain sink. He stopped crying when nurses came and dragged him back to the uncomfortable bed; they gave him an injection to calm him down from the hysteria.

He woke up again and greeted by his aunt's husband, one of several men that he trusted. Dongwook tried his best to smile, trying to be a mature adult but the man broke down when Seokjin gazed at him with empty eyes.

"Namjoon is alright," Dongwook whispered, Seokjin's eyes lit up, finally show a sight of life. Eyes brimmed with tears and the teenager cried once again but this time he buried his face against Dongwook's chest, this time he wasn't alone to face the reality.

He lost the chance to be counted as the next heir for his generation. The elders said his father was something that shouldn't be a member of the big family. Both Namjoon and Seokjin must take their father's punishment.

The injured hybrid snapped, he almost kills one of the elders when they said how pitiful his father and uncle were when in fact it was them who sabotaged the official match.

Without proof, even his grandfather couldn't bring justice for them and Seokjin felt betrayed.

He protected Namjoon with all of his power when their mother turned her back after her sons' lost the opportunity to be the next leader.

Seokjin felt disgusting.

He was still a threat though. He was the strongest among the other candidates from the branch's families.

They started to target Namjoon and Seokjin couldn't take it anymore.

'Take Namjoon under your name,' one day he told Dongwook, 'please, take my little brother under your name.'

'I know, aunty can't have a kid and you will never marry another woman,' he smiled, Dongwook's love to his aunt is something too beautiful for this corrupted world.

'You don't need to take me since I'm their biggest target, I don't want to drag you down too,' he breathed out, 'but please, keep Namjoon save.'

If Dongwook takes Namjoon, his brother could still stay with his grandfather and got a nice home.

'I will leave this place once you officially take Namjoon,'he had enough and Dongwook couldn't say anything but promised he would keep Namjoon safe no matter what. He just wanted to run, to wash his hands from all of this shit.

The memories from the past resurfaced, the ceiling above him was different now. It was a nice pastel colour both Taehyung and Jungkook loves.

Seokjin felt hot, he still had his fever when he woke up after the nightmares. When he tried to get up; he fell back to the bed with a small 'thump' sound.

"You're awake," a gruff tone made him averted his eyes from the ceiling and gaze to the door.

Yoongi stood there with a small tray, Seokjin assumed his friend came because of the kids. He could guess the black haired human brought a porridge for him.

"Yeah," he tried to speak, he sounded like a freaking frog at this point.

"You sound funny," Yoongi chuckled, walking closer to him until his knee bumped into Seokjin's bed. The hybrid's face was flushed, eyes glistening with unshed tears because of his body temperature.

"Sorry to trouble you, Yoongicchi," Seokjin smiled sheepishly, the other man cleared his throat and looked away. He put the tray on the nightstand and helped Seokjin sit up.

He put several pillows behind the hybrid and pushed him gently to lean back, "can you eat?"

"Where're the boys?" that's Kim Seokjin, always worries for others before himself.

Yoongi clicked his tongue, "sleeping in their bedroom," right, the children always sleep with him; made him almost forget that actually Taehyung and Jungkook have a bedroom.

"They hate me for forbidding them to get into your bedroom," the hybrid chuckled, he coughed harshly and brushed his stuffy nose before grinning to Yoongi, "what?" The human asked.

"It's been a while since you take care of me," Yoongi looked away to hide his blushing face, this hybrid was really dangerous for his heart.

Yoongi thought about the time when his family stopped coming to Seokjin's place when they were still teenagers. He missed the time Seokjin struggled to simply keep breathing, he couldn't help the older man. He heard the news about Seokjin when it was too late, Seokjin already left the mansion and claimed to be an outsider by his own family.

He found Seokjin one year later, with bruised face and knuckles wrapped with bloody bandages. He was going out with a man named Chanyeol.

"Yoongi?" Seokjin tilted his head, Yoongi handed him the bowl and the spoon. He settled down on the bed's edge and watched Seokjin ate.

"I'm-" he began, he always wanted to tell Seokjin his mind. When Seokjin still in his toxic life, it was so hard to approach the man since every time Yoongi touched the topic about his family, it always triggered something inside Seokjin.

He should keep his mouth shut if he wants Seokjin to be close with him. Be the quiet friend who never talks about Seokjin's past and buried his guilt for not being there when the hybrid almost die.

Yoongi wasn't a pure human either, he had a hard time when he was a teenager, and he didn't regret that part though. Those dark times, because that made him realized so many things.

Made him see the world from a different perspective. He noticed things normal people don't, like the faint scars on Seokjin's wrist.

The emptiness in his first love's eyes when he talked with him before, or the way Seokjin smiled with his mouth but never with his eyes.

The anxious he knew Seokjin had when he ate in front of people, how he hid his broken wings because of his insecurities.

Just little things most look over, but he noticed it.

Which often made him felt useless.

Seokjin waited as Yoongi opened his mouth to close it again and repeated it three times. The human let out a shaky breath, entwined his fingers on his lap.

The hybrid could guess what Yoongi about to say because he secretly knew his human best friend had been trying to talk about this since the first day he encountered Seokjin with Chanyeol.

"Do you remember when you were a child and you thought that when you became a teenager; when you became older, you would party every night until 4 a.m.?"Seokjin reached for Yoongi's cold hands.

"It's ironic because little did I know that at 4 a.m. I'd be hysterically crying, debating whether to take my life or not," Yoongi's breath hitched, Seokjin squeezed his hand firmly.

"I know you feel guilty or at fault because you 'don't know' about my problem back then, Yoongi," the hybrid whispered underneath his breath, eyes never leaving Yoongi even for a second.

"Don't be sorry, because none of them was your fault," Yoongi shook his head, jaw clenched and his eyes were furious.

"I wasn't there," he spat like it was the most disgusting fact he knew, "I wasn't there when you need me the most."

Seokjin smiled, he put the porridge aside and pulled Yoongi closer. The other male was cold compared to his feverish skin, he felt comfortable.

"You also have your own problem back then and I also not there for you," Seokjin countered back, Yoongi also had depression history; Seokjin heard it from Hoseok.

"You're here now and that's more than enough if you're asking for redemption," the hybrid grinned, Yoongi wanted to smack his head.

"Stay with me until I can get up and make a nice meal, help me take care Taehyung and Jungkook," Seokjin continued, closing his eyes as he leaned down to Yoongi's shoulder; his forehead against Yoongi's cold neck.

Yoongi nodded, rubbing circle on his back with his huge palms that always there when Seokjin needed an anchor, "I will stay without you asking, Hyung."

Seokjin felt blessed as a tear escaped from his eyes.

He would think about the other problem later, today he just wanted to sleep and be healthy again so he could play with his sons and make a nice dinner for Yoongi.

*

"Now, help me with this," Yoongi handed a lemon to Jungkook. The bunny hybrid tilted his head to one side.

He asked Yoongi if the older man needed any help but Taehyung already helping Yoongi with filling the bathtub and wait until the water reached half of the bathtub.

Jungkook insisted because he wanted to be useful too! So he could tell his father that 'Kookie is a good boy! Kook helped uncle Yoon and Taetae hyung a lot!'

"Lemon?"Yoongi nodded, he cut the fruit in half and handed it over to Jungkook who stared at it like a baby deer staring into a car's light.

"Lemon with honey, mixed with hot water is good medicine for your father," Yoongi explained, Jungkook's mouth turned into an 'O' shape. His small bunny's tail wagged side to side and his ears twitched excitedly.

The little boy clenched his small fist with determination and took the medium sized mug from Yoongi's hand. He sat near the kitchen's table and squeezed the lemon with his small hands with all of his power.

Yoongi thought if it was too hard for the little bunny, "Can you do it?" He said when he saw Jungkook's shoulder trembled a little for squeezing the lemon, to get a little drop of the lemon juice.

Jungkook shook his head, "Kookie will do it!" He said without hesitation, Yoongi covered his mouth to hold back his chuckle when Jungkook's eyes beamed with happiness when he got the first drop of the lemon juice.

"Great, now keep doing it until the lemon juice covered the bottom of the mug," Jungkook nodded and continued.

Taehyung came back with a report he already filled the bathtub and prepared clothes for him and Jungkook. Yoongi patted his head as a reward and told him to sit on the couch until Yoongi calls him for dinner.

The older man opened one of the drawers and found a tool he could use instead of letting Jungkook squeezed the lemon with all of his might.

"I forgot Seokjin has this thing," he turned around to stop Jungkook but he halted when he saw Taehyung cheered for Jungkook; the tiger hybrid even helped the boy, he took the other half of the lemon and squeezed it together with Jungkook. Yoongi smiled at the way Taehyung's tail curled between his feet or when Jungkook's ears flattened on his head.

Oh well, the human was sure Seokjin would be healthy immediately after he drinks the honey-lemon juice, a warm drink that filled with a lot of love from his beloved children.   

*

A/N :

I will try to update every weekend. I'm not really active here because I can't use my laptop everyday but I'm active in my twitter and I write a lot of prompt there (feel free to use it but please tag me or send me a link if you post it :) )Currently, I'm working on my first AU there, Taejin ABO AU, visit me if you have free time. Give me your feedbacks!Also, I'm so sorry for not updating Cantarella. It's so hard to write that story because I'm not good with kingdom setting, need to do a lot of research first but I promise I'm not neglecting that story!

Also if you all don't know who is Lee Dong wook, look at this! He is the actor who played Grim reaper in Goblin!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.3K 7.8K 44
Seokjin, is the sole heir apparent to the enormous fortunes his late grandparents left behind. But unfortunately, he's denied access to all of them d...
523 75 31
a taekook and Yoonminseok story with a bit of vmin. Healing after a breakup after being in a relationship for 5 years more than anything. " I don't...
8K 216 22
How does it feel to live with a bad-tempered mom, a drunkard dad, and a rude sister? Would you let it be or find another solution to get out from thi...
351K 12.7K 43
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ 𝑩𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰'𝒎 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚. 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒑 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒂 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒇 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔�...