Hood Don't Love You (HDLY#1)

Por ashonthadon

Tamel Richards, street alias MeloDrama, runs his block like an emperor. He doesn't believe in anything but hi... Más

The proposition
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
epilogue

Chapter ten

29.1K 1.1K 366
Por ashonthadon

Victor Davids was nervous now. A cop came to see him. That is never good, especially around here. That means they know something. Not a lot but something. And once the cops get a whiff of something, they will hound you until they come with something else.

Davids was far from a snitch. The police had come at him before offering him all sort of promises and deals and he nicely and politely told them to F themselves. Davids knew the score. Police involvement of any kind meant trouble, not just for you but for your family. Once you had been tagged ‘a snitch’, people would really disown.

That’s why Davids was nervous. A cop came into his establishment. People saw it. He was already an outcast for going against the grain. Tamel made sure of that. But this new label would destroy. He could come back from being an outcast. If he worked hard enough, pay off his debts to Drama and the bank, get his daughter to forgive him a little, show the block he still about his business, he could get back in their good graces.

Not as a snitch, though. Once you’re labeled that word, that’s it. You mind as well join Witness Protection because you nor your family was safe. And the only way to get into that program was to take down kingpins and it had to be a guaranteed conviction. Davids didn’t have enough juice to deal with the kingpins or the main Queen pin, the notorious Envy Tenders, herself. So if he was labeled, he would still have to stay where he lived with eyes in the back of his head and two shotguns under his bed.

But why did that cop come by? Davids knew no one gave enough of a fuck to call the police on behalf of his store being vandalized or his daughter being abducted in broad daylight. So it had to be something else. They were fishing for something else? They had something but they needed that something else and the police thought Davids had it. That’s the only reason for the visit especially by a homicide cop. Those cops know better than patrol not to come around asking question or you will get a door slammed in your face or spit on. So if a homicide detective came in here, someone told him to and that someone also told him Davids would talk. Or why would the lawman even waste his time on another dead lead?

That was the problem. Someone thought Davids would talk. Once people think that, the label is pre- attached. It’s like it’s applied already. The cop may have just killed him or at the most, ruined his life completely now. Fuck!

Davids had too much to worry about without this over his head as well. He couldn’t fathom why a cop came to see him? And if he couldn’t think of a reason, then nobody on the block damn sure couldn’t either.

Davids shook his head as he swept some debris in the corner with his broom. He had spent the whole day trying to fix up his store. The first three days when he came back from Tamel and Tamel’s proposal, he didn’t want to look at it. All he saw was how he had failed for trying to be greedy.

Davids had sacrificed his family’s business as well as his family thinking he deserved more drug money. He risked all he had for something that truly wasn’t even his. After two days of self-pity for a mistake he made, he decided to get things back in order. Besides he still owed a debt and he wasn’t going to let Tamel think he gave his daughter to that maniac thug indefinitely.

Davids had managed to get some money from all the items he sold but he was still behind. He needed to…

He heard footsteps behind him again. He hoped it wasn’t the detective again. If it was, he would have to shoot the cop in order for people to think he wasn’t in cahoots with the law. It was his only option. That or try to attack him so he could be hauled off to jail.

He turned around. It wasn’t the detective. It was what he was afraid of.

“Hey, buddy,” Tamel smiled walking in.

“Hey,” Davids answered a little bit shaken.

“How’s it going?” Tamel asked strolling in farther into the store looking around. “Damn, they did a number on this place.”

Davids just nodded.

He spotted one of Tamel’s men, Bull, coming in behind Tamel ice grilling him.

“What brings you by?” that was all Davids could come up with to say.

Davids had to laugh in his head about the nature of this situation. Here Davids was old enough to be Tamel’s father and he was acting like he was the child getting chastised.

“Good question,” Tamel said clamping his hands one time. ‘’How’s business?”

“I’m working on it,” Davids said. “I managed to get some funds up. I can…”

“Nah, I’m a paid in full type of guy,” Tamel stated. “I don’t do payments or installments. Too much to keep up with. That’s why I never got the concept of layaway.”

Davids didn’t say anything.

Tamel did another look around the store. “I don’t know how people could do this. I guess people just see an open door and…”

“Act like hood people,” Davids finished.

Tamel nodded.

Bull moved back towards the door. Davids gulped some invisible spit back down his throat and clutched the broom he was holding tighter.

“I hear we had an eventful day,” Tamel said kicking a crushed up can of corn that was still on the floor.

Davids said nothing.

“Well?” Tamel said looking at the shelf that Davids just put an hour ago. He looked at it like he was examining it waiting for Davids’ answer.

“Yes,” Davids finally replied.

“And?” Tamel didn’t take his eyes off the shelf.

“It was nothing, he…” Davids was about to explain when Tamel cut him off.

Tamel put his index fingers to his lips indicating for Davids to be quiet.

Tamel walked up on Davids and mouthed the words ‘quiet’. Tamel did another perimeter check moving his eyes all around the store.

“Let’s take a ride,” Tamel said.

Davids was stumped for a second. Then it hit him. Oh Shit! Tamel thought Davids’ store was bugged now. Tamel knew about the cop stopping by and thought…oh no, this is bad.

‘Let’s go, I have something to show you,’ Tamel smiled then walked towards the door.

Davids reluctantly followed by him and all three of them exited the store.

Bull walked around to the driver’s seat of the Ford Escalade. Tamel stood beside Davids as Bull started the engine.

Tamel cleared his throat. Davids got the hint and opened the back door for Tamel. Tamel got in and Davids stepped in behind him and closed the side door when he sat. Bull checked the rearview mirrors and the side mirrors before pulling off the curb.

Tamel looked at Davids and mouthed the words ‘strip’. Davids was really nervous now. They thought he was wearing a wire. Davids needed Tamel to know he wasn’t a snitch and he didn’t call the cops. Davids quickly stripped down to everything but his boxers. Tamel nodded, gathered up all the clothes, and opened the side window. He tossed Davids’ clothes out the window even his shoes.

Davids looked at Bull who was driving around different corners and making all types of turns to make sure he wasn’t being followed.

“I hear we had a visitor today,” Tamel said.

“Listen, it’s not what you think, it’s…”Davids was about to say but a punch from Tamel stopped him in mid-sentence.

“Shut the fuck up,” Tamel said. “You know the only reason why you’re still breathing is because I allow you. I actually liked you and your store. I remember growing up and going to that store when you and your uncle ran it. I put you on because I saw you as a real good business partner. I actually respected you and that doesn’t come often. Then you made me like an idiot.”

Tamel hit Davids again this time in the jaw.

“When I heard you took from me, I should have deaded you on sight,” Tamel said. “No, I give you an opportunity I don’t give most people, scratch that, nobody. Then I hear some bitch ass cop comes to see you. The same cop that had me detained a couple of days ago.”

“I swear I had nothing…”Davids was able to get out before he was met with another punch to the face by Tamel.

“I told you shut the fuck up, I’m talking,” Tamel said. “I know you didn’t call the cop in. Believe me, I checked. But someone did and that faggot came to you and I want to know why?”

Davids didn’t speak.

“Look, I don’t think you would do me that dirty,” Tamel said. “But you did steal from me so I don’t know what to believe. That’s why the precaution. Because trust me, if I thought for one second, you was running your mouth, you and your daughter would be found on the street corner in front of your building with white sheets covering you.”

Davids still said nothing. His lips was busted and his cheek was bruised. It hurt like hell.

“On a good note, your daughter is working out at the club,” Tamel said. “I think I may have to extend her contract.”

Davids just looked at Tamel.

Tamel laughed.

“This is the last time I’m doing this,” Tamel said after his laugh. “If I even suspect you going behind me, it’s Maybach curtains. Am I making myself clear?”

Davids nodded.

“In the meantime, I have to found out who really is going behind my back,” Tamel said.

Tamel looked at the bruised Davids and rubbed his head and laughed again. “Sorry, I had to do that but I had to be sure for my piece of mind. Nothing personal. Now you get my money that you owe and as long as your daughter plays ball, we good as rain. I don’t ever want to come back to that store ever again unless you telling me you have all my money. If I do have to, this little demonstration will be much worse and public.”

Davids nodded.

“Everybody thinks I’m being soft by letting you live,” Tamel said. “I never had to defend myself or my actions. Don’t make me start.”

Davids nodded again.

“Bull, give it to him,” Tamel said.

Bull reached for something in the passenger seat of the vehicle next to him. He tossed it in the back at Davids. It was a bag of clothes.

“I wanted you to toss those old clothes anyway,” Tamel laughed. ‘Now get the fuck out and don’t let me have to talk to you again.”

Bull pulled over to some street corner and Davids got out.

‘Oh, I’m seeing your daughter tonight, you want me to tell her anything?” Tamel asked.

Davids shook his head.

“Very well,” Tamel said. “Also, if that cop or any other law enforcer comes to you, he better be offering you head. Because if I get wind of it, my word is my bond.”

Davids knew what Tamel meant. He nodded and closed the side door and Bull drove off.

By the time Davids got back to his store, it was on fire.

-

-

-

-

Kaeron was at the bar when he saw Train walk in. Train never came in. Kaeron quickly walked over to him. Train was having a very heated discussion with the bouncer and Kaeron knew Train. Train didn’t like to talk long.

“What seems to be the problem?” Kaeron asked.

“This Kermit the frog ass nigga talking about I can’t come in unless I get patted down,” Train said. “Last nigga that touched me now uses his feet to write.”

Kaeron looked at Blue. He knew Blue was just doing his job but he also knew if Blue did touch Train, that would be the last thing Blue ever did.

“Save your man,” Train said.

Blue was fit but Train had more muscle mass than him and he knew it. Train looked like he could literally pick him up and do a Bane move. But Blue wasn’t going to back down. That wasn’t his nature either despite how he felt about Train.

“Let him go,” Kaeron said. “He good.”

Blue breathed a sigh of relief and let Train pass. Train bumped Blue for the hell of it.

“This ain’t over, little man,” Train said then followed Kaeron to the bar.

“What the fuck was that about?” Kaeron asked.

“Little man think he’s a big dog,” Train laughed.

Kaeron laughed too and ordered another Bacardi Rum and coke.

“What you drinking, big dog?” Kaeron asked.

‘Nothing,” Train said. “I’m just here because Tamel wanted to meet.”

“Here?” Kaeron asked.

“Yeah, nigga, here,” Train said. “Besides he said he wanted me to see that Staretta chick tonight. Is it true she can eat her own coochie?”

“Yes, very true,” Kaeron nodded. “It’s quite a sight.”

“Yeah,” Train said. “You ever tried?”

“Tried what?” Kaeron asked.

“You know what?” Train said.

“No, I don’t know,” Kaeron replied.

“Tried to handle your own business yourself,” Train said.

“I don’t…wait, you mean suck my own dick?” Kaeron asked and then burst out laughing.

“Yeah, ain’t that every boy’s childhood dream?” Train smiled.

Kaeron shook his head. “You know you’re a dangerous man.”

“Hey, what can I say? I’ve seen weird shit as a child,” Train sighed. “Once you see a crackhead suck a dog off for a hit at the age of eight. Nothing else really surprises you.”

Kaeron just shook his head.

“Hey where’s that little philly I dropped off earlier this week?” Train asked.

“Why?” Kaeron furrowed his brow.

“Just asking,” Train said. “You got her up on the tables doing the stinky leg. You know how you do.”

“Nah, Drama don’t want us to touch her yet,” Kaeron said taking a sip of the drink the bartender put in front of him.  “Said he got some plan from her.”

“You know the whole story behind it?” Train asked.

“Nope and I don’t want to know,” Kaeron replied. “I got over fifty bitches to worry about. Can’t worry about one that Drama dumped in my lap.”

“But she’s in the back with your money, right?” Train asked.

“How would you know that?” Kaeron inquired.

Train doesn’t ask questions, let alone have conversations.

“Because she’s not out here shaking her booty for dollars or serving drinks,” Train answered with a laugh.

“Uh huh,” Kaeron said. “Just have a seat anywhere. Diva, make sure you take care of my boy. Any drink he wants is on the house.”

The bartender nodded as she wiped the bar down and smiled.

“Let me know if you need a lap dance,” Kaeron said.

“Why you giving it?” Train laughed.

Kaeron just shook his head and left.

Train took a breath. He needed to talk to Drama.

Trouble was coming.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

615K 23.2K 57
After inheriting every last dime from his wealthy Grandfather, Theodore Reed has a lot to handle at such a young age. He's picked up and moved his fa...
7.8K 213 20
This story is based on a true story.. Everything happened i write I already experienced it ❤️
Alina Por ihidethisapp

Ficción General

1.5M 37.5K 75
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...
112K 1.9K 37
This will be yaoi/smut but most of it will be fluff and wholesome