The Niqabi Girl

By screebles

Currently #1 in Niqabi. More

١
٢
٣
٤
٥
Salaam!
٦
٧
٨
Salaam!!
٠١
١١
١٢
١٣
١٤
١٥
١٦
١٧
١٨
١٩
٢٠
٢١

٩

2.1K 185 37
By screebles

Dedicated to 1_awkwardniqabi_5.

Everything you say, I will always agree.
There won't be a day on which I leave you-
I'll stick to you and promise to never flee
Even if at the end it makes me a nobody.

Elham.

I adjusted my glasses as i tiptoed downstairs, praying not to walk into my dad. I had successfully avoided him for the past few days and I wanted that to continue. Adjusting the strap of my backpack on my shoulder, I opened the front door slowly, careful not to make any noise but before I could step out, I heard someone clear their voice.

Freezing in my spot, I slowly shut the door closed and turned with my eyes shut tightly.
And then I slowly opened them, knowing it was him but praying to God to just make some sort of miracle happen so it'd turn out to be someone else like Justin Bieber or spongebob, or even the principal.

Okay maybe I was being dramatic but come on!

"Where are you going?" He asked while I stared at him while at the verge of peeing on my pants (totally an exaggeration) but yes I was so freaked out.

"School?" I said. My reply sounding more like a question than an answer.

He nodded his head.

"And who was that guy I saw dropping you off yesterday night?"

Uh-oh.

"M-my friend. We were working on our school project" My palms were sweaty by now and I could only wait for the slaps I was going to receive from this man but the only thing he did was nod and say. "Get going before you get late".
And with the most confused and surprised look I had ever had on my face, I stepped out and headed to school.

~<~<~<~<

"You wear glasses?" Was the first thing he said to me as I pulled out a book from my locker.
As I turned to him, I shook my head with a smile as I noticed the amused look on his face.
"Not all the time. I try to stay off it for some time" I said. I noticed him eyeing me from head to toe but before I could say anything, I heard someone curse loudly as they banged their locker open.

"Stupid fucking school with the stupid fucking locker. I fucking hate everyone. She's so fucking annoying and I'm sure as hell gonna stab her seventy times if she continues this way stupid sister" and then she turned to the people staring at her "Why are you all fucking staring at me like you've seen a fucking gorilla in granny pants huh? Fucking head to your respective classes now!" She yelled and they all surprisingly walked away.

I rose my eyebrows and turned to Asaad. He looked rather amused and then he said "You should wear it more often".
It took me a few seconds to understand what he meant, and when I did, I blushed a crimson red and silently thanked God that he couldn't see my red face.

The girl shut her locker close loudly and then continued by hitting her head repeatedly.

Okay, this wasn't normal.

And then she screamed. It sounded like she was frustrated and she needed to let it out. She earned a few looks from people that passed by but nobody said anything to her.

I looked at Asaad who seemed to find it funny and then I looked back at the girl.

She continued hitting her head, though she wasn't doing it hard but it still freaked me out.

I turned to walk to her but I felt a hand on my shoulder. Shocked, I looked at Asaad, who quickly pulled his hands away. This was our first physical contact and I didn't know what to think of it.

He shook his head and looked at the girl.

"Yasmeen" Asaad called out, and her head snapped towards us.

And then the deadly look on her face changed into a wide smile.

"Asaad! Didn't think I'd find you easily in this fucking crowded school" And then she ran to him and hugged him.

Uh....
Wow
Just wow
So he knew her and
Asaad was such an ass.

She pulled away from the hug while he stood there looking confused. He seems rather satisfied that she stepped back.

"Being in the same school and attending the same classes with a whole Asaad Khalid. Now that's a fucking life achievement" She smirked, putting both hands in her pockets. She wore a plain grey sweater and black trousers. Her black hair was tied up in a ponytail which cascaded down her waist.

"And who's this fucking cutie? Omg is this fucking Elham?"

I arched a brow. I guess I was more popular than I thought.

Lmao.

She pulled me into a tight hug.

"So when do I get to see your face? I made a deal with this ugly ass cousin of mine that I'd get to see your face before he does"

Apparently, they were cousins.

"Uh..." I started but couldn't finish my sentence. The whole incident was just too confusing.

"Don't worry, we could go over to your place after school today. And no it's not because I want to see your face. Well yes I'd love to see the pretty face behind that veil but I just think we'd make great friends"

Okay, I've literally not met someone this talkative before.

"Sure"

"And you're gonna have to get used to me saying words like fuck, damn, bitch, asshole, slut... in summary your just have to get used to curse words" she grinned.

"Sure"

The bell rang and I could only thank God. It was such an awkward situation that I wasn't ready for.

Turned out we all had the same class so we walked down the hallway together with me standing in the middle and the other two on each side.

And as Yasmeen filled our ears with her complains and curses, I noticed Imaan walked pass us and a frown washed through her face.

And all I could do was frown too.

~<~<~<~<~

Detention.
Utterly boring.
After what seemed like eternity, the detention class was over and I tiredly stood up to leave. As I walked down the quiet corridor, I wondered why people had to go to school. I mean you end up spending like 20 years of your life schooling and won't remember half of the things you were thought after graduation. Plus you might not end up practicing what you studied. I mean, I know school was actually useful and stuff but on days like these where I was just sad, I just hated school.
I was having a mild headache and my eyes were heavy.

Stupid school.

"This is all your fault!" She spatted, pushing me. I turned, clearly taken aback.

"Yeah right, like I was the one that started the fight" I retorted.

"You slapped me first, so yes, you did!"

We stood there, glaring at each other for what seemed like eternity until someone broke the silence.

"Amna" The girl shot a glare at me before turning to Anna.
I quickly recognized her. It was the Farhanna girl I met at Asaad's place.

She knew Amna? Wow. Just wow.

This wasn't good.

They both gave me one last look before walking away.

Was that why she attacked me at Asaad's place that day? Was Amna the one feeding her with information about me being the girl that was following him around in school? I really could not understand the link. I thought Amna liked Asaad. And from the way Farhanna acted that day, I thought she liked Asaad too. So if there was any hating that was supposed to be taking place, they were supposed to be hating each other right?
I shook my head and shrugged. I had more issues on my table bigger than those two.

The detention thing was clearly getting to her more than it was to me. Actually, I didn't think it bothered me. It gave me a reason to stay away from home a bit longer.
As I stepped out of the school eyes, I squinted my eyes. The sun shone a bit brighter today and I had to walk all the way home.

Well!

I sighed, taking slow steps, drowning into my thoughts. I couldn't bring myself to accept the fact that Ummi was actually sick. Something had to be done. There had to be a way out. I couldn't sit back and watch her die. No. I didn't realize I was starting to cry until I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

I paused, took a deep breath and wiped my tears.

Everything was going to be fine in shaa Allah.

*****

"Elham, you have a visitor" my mom's faint voice shouted from downstairs. I had just gotten home about thirty minutes before and I was really trying to catch up on some sleep I missed.

But a visitor?

Who could It be? Iman? But my mom would not refer to her as a 'visitor'.

Oh no could it be Asaad? He was very much capable of showing up out of the blues like this.

It could be Amna or Farhanna.

But why would they pay me a visit?

I got dressed, picked up my phone and headed downstairs.

"Let me help you ma'am. You know, I love cooking. It's the one thing I'm really good at. My mom...."

"Yasmeen?" How couldn't I have guessed that?

I descended the staircase slowly and walked towards them. She was helping my mom with something in the kitchen ave rambling as usual.

"Elham. Surprised?"

"Sure am"

I gulped down a glass of water and turned to her.

"So..."

I couldn't help but wonder why she was here.

My mom excused us and I cleared my throat.

She peeked abs when she was sure my mom wasn't close by, she turned to me.

'Well there's a party at my house today and Asaad and I thought to invite you" she smiled, chopping the vegetables in a very professional way that made me wonder if she actually went to one of those culinary schools.

"I don't do parties" I stated with a bored tone.

She arched a brow.

"You're throwing it?"

"No. My sister. It's my sister's birthday"

"Oh that's nice but I'm not the party type"

"Come on, everyone at school is going and it's high time you do something with your life"

"Ouch"

Everyone at school was going which meant Amna was going and most probably the other girl.

The last thing I wanted was unnecessary drama. Plus parties were uncomfortable for Niqabis like me so.

"I'd love to go Yasmeen but I'm really not the party type"

"Too bad cuz Asaad and I are not taking no for an answer"

I sighed " You guys need to understand that it's just not my thing okay"

"Yeah yeah. You need to cheer up once in a while. I get you're a Niqabi but who says niqabis caht have fun  too?" And with that said, she rinsed her hands and pulled me upstairs.

*****

"I'm having a bad feeling about this

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 626 54
𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈 𝐌𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀 & 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐅𝐄! 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐇𝐑 𝐄 𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐀💞 #𝟏 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐬𝐡𝐪 𝐒𝐞...
287K 28K 67
#1 in spiritual in 16/6/2019 Previously known as " My very own hijabi" Two young people finding shelter within each other from the world and its evi...
485K 9.6K 13
*Highest Ranking #2 on What's Hot list- Spiritual* #1 in Hausa. #1 in Deen. #1 in MuslimRomance #1 in ProjectNigeria. Imagine being in a type of hou...
14.5K 593 31
2020/05/29 #105 Sorrows #394 spiritual First I thought to tell you everything, What Iam hiding and why? But then I realized, Do you care about it...