I DON'T KNOW YOU

By kvnopsia

+  .    + ✹    .   ˚ .   *   · ✵     ·       .        ✵ . · · ˚ *   .     · ✺ ·" ⁀ ❝ TIMES ARE... More

00.) ordinary days
01.) school days
02.) out of the frying pan
03.) grave memories
04.) trick or treat
05.) party hard
06.) ransacked
07.) silly string
q&a
08.) a little bit of joy
09.) and a little bit of trouble
10.) to america
11.) breaking and entering
12.) troubled youth
13.) summer nights
14.) into the fire
15.) first encounters
16.) not so bad
17.) nothing was there
18.) lost and found
19.) homecoming
20.) pick your battles
21.) stop
22.) no place like home
23.) owed explanations
24.) glass and silver
25.) hall of memories
26.) trust yourself
27.) we need to talk
28.) save you
29.) points
31.) ink
32.) suffer the children
33.) out of time
34.) way down we go
35.) color scheme
36.) hypocrisy
37.) new beginnings
last q&a
38.) graduation
39.) parking lot reunions
40.) finale
( CODA )

30.) old friends

1.3K 44 212
By kvnopsia

•» "тrυтн ιѕ, yoυ're gonna нear ѕoмe вad тнιngѕ aвoυт мe. and ѕoмe oғ тнeм мιgнт вe тrυe. вυт тrυѕт мe, everyтнιng ι've worĸed ғor, ιт'ѕ all ғor тнιѕ ғaмιly,"
-ѕтanley pιneѕ «

•∞•

FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER....

• F U N N E H •

"Funneh, are you sure that we're supposed to go there?" Draco inquired, studying the map once again.

"It forms an arrow! How much more of a clue do you need?" I defended, taking down the tent and folding it.

"It's just, are you sure? Because I really don't wanna go back there. Plus, how can you be so sure that it's talking about there?" he debated.

"Because where else could it be? It's the exact direction pointing towards it," I pointed out.

"Okay, but why go through all this trouble? And why not take me first if that's really the case?" Draco questioned, rolling up the map and tucking it into the bag.

"I don't know. Maybe it was an opportunity and they took it, even if it wasn't intended. As for you, they haven't gotten a chance to," I reasoned.

"I really don't wanna go back there," Draco groaned, shuddering, "no offense, but I was hoping to at least see my seventeenth birthday, thanks."

"So does everyone," I remark, "let's be honest, we've all made it farther than we expected we would."

"Okay, ye of little faith, let's get the others. The quicker we get there, the faster we can hopefully find the others and get this over with." He pointed his index finger straight at me. "If I die, I want my gravestone to say, 'I told you so', right on it."

"You're worse than Gold," I complained, shaking my head and packing the tent into the bag, "you're not going to die."

"Or even better, I want it to say, 'let's go, she said. It would be fun, she said'. That has a nice ring to it too. I'm not picky," he added, shrugging.

"Really? You're not picky?" I mocked, scoffing jokingly, "your favorite food depends on the season. And let me add, ketchup is not a food. It's a condiment."

"It's a food if you really want it to be," he defended before gasping, "le gasp! That's what I'll put on my gravestone! I can see it now, 'I can assure you that's ketchup, not blood. But I wouldn't test it if I were you'. It's perfect. Slightly morbid, but Lunar has taught me well. The pupil has become the master."

"Hey, dudes. What're you doing?" Evan inquired, walking up to us and waving casually.

"Well, he's planning his death and if he dies, I can guarantee it was me. But anyway, we're packing for the trip. Are you guys ready?" I explained nonchalantly.

Evan and I stifled a laugh as Draco yelled in the distance, "I HEAR Y'ALL LAUGHING! IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL MY GHOST HAUNTS YOU!"

    "Where's an exorcist when you need one?" I chuckled, "but anyway, ignoring the psychopath that is Draco, you guys ready?"

    "Yep. We finished packing up the remains of the camp. But mind if I ask where we're going?" Evan asked, motioning towards a bag slung over his shoulder.

    "A place that I told myself if I ever went back to it, it'd be too soon. Turns out, I did speak too soon," I bitterly laughed, "it's the only place I can think of that makes sense. The arrow points directly towards it, and this stuff just matches it all."

     "Sounds fun," Evan raised an eyebrow in skepticism as I laughed before he inquired, "but besides that, are you okay?"

     "I feel great. Why do you ask?" I questioned back, swinging my own bag over my shoulder that contained the tent and the map.

    "Because earlier we all saw that you were upset, Funneh. You were crying, but we never got the chance to ask you. And when you rounded us all up, you looked like you were so sad but somehow you were extremely energetic," he explained.

    "One, it's called adrenaline. And two, I'm fine now. It's just, some stuff just gets to me at times," I elaborated, "but don't worry, I calmed down. Besides, I've got to keep hoping, right?"

    He smiled and nodded, "That's the spirit. But hey, if you need any of us, we'll be here."

   "Thanks, Evan. Now, come on. Like Draco said, the quicker we rescue them, the faster this can all be over and back to normal. Or, uh, as normal it can get," I said.

    We both hurried over towards the others, who were gathered around in a circle. Faintly, I heard Draco explaining his plans for his funeral as Alec and Aly laughed.

   "Please do not tell me you're planning what flower arrangements you want at your funeral," I laughed as we approached them.

    "Of course not! That'd be absolutely ridiculous!" Draco shook his head and crossed his arms, "who do you think I am?"

"He was planning what food he would want to be served right after," Alec chuckled as Draco shrugged.

"What? Just because I'll be dead doesn't mean I don't want a fancy funeral," Draco joked, "but besides the fancy-shmancy funeral, you all ready to go?"

They all nodded and we started off, hiking away down the makeshift clearing. Our footsteps crunched with every little step we took, the leaves and sticks snapping and crumpling underneath us. The soil beneath us was coarse and rugged, unearthed from the weeks prior and the storms. This area had been fortunate to only be hit by storms, but it was much farther away than the town and the neighborhoods. Those were gone, destroyed or flooded.

The wind blew sharply, not cold enough to freeze but certainly not enough to be outshone by the sun. I squinted every time my hair slapped my face, shaking my head and pushing the stands out of the way. Aly ended up tying hers in a low ponytail, though it only held back majority of her raven-colored hair.

"Is it bad that I'm hungry?" Kyran inquired, rubbing the back of his neck as he walked alongside us.

"Nope. I am too. We only ate once yesterday," Alec replied, sighing, "but I doubt we can eat now."

"Why not? I'm starving," Aly whined, twirling a strand of her hair around her index finger in pure boredom.

"I wish. But without the pearl, we can't. You guys have yours, so if you want, you can grab some food from somewhere. But we can't make anymore without Lunar and we're losing daylight," I sighed.

Without even realizing it, I had hiked faster than the others and hurried past them all. They were maybe seven feet behind me. I was rushing, but because I wanted to find the others already. I was sure that my guess was right.

I pondered the thought in my head. It all made sense in a way, as an act of revenge from before. But why wait years to do so? The last time was about.... two years ago? What made them wait so long to act?

I felt even farther than the others at that point, having walked so far ahead. It wasn't that I didn't feel like talking, it was just that I really wanted to find them already. And as a talkative person, conversation might just've slowed me down. Alas, I could still hear their words and conversations despite the distance between me and them.

"Aw, man. We can wait just a little longer, right? We'll teleport after dark to grab something just in case it takes that long," Evan suggested.

"Do you really think it'll take that long to get there?" Kyran asked, his voice muffled.

    "I don't know. It might. Then again, we don't even know where we're going," Alec said.

    "Actually, where are we going?" Aly inquired, "I didn't even remember to ask."

    "Somewhere just wonderful," Draco sighed sarcastically, hurrying his pace, "just great to visit. Take my opinion."

"It can't be that bad," Kyran tried to reason, "right? You're just joking around."

    "I wish I was, my poor sheltered child. But alas, it branches from our great origins," Draco dramatically exclaimed.

    "Oh, my God. Why did you get him started?" I laughed, shaking my head, "HE'S GONNA START MONOLOGUING—"

"So it all started....."

SIX YEARS AGO....

It was barely the afternoon, with the sun beating down on all of the fields so lush and so colorful with life. The grass was tall and overgrown, being pushed around with the wind grazing past. The flowers were bright and livid, with their petals spread out like splashes of paint thrown along a green canvas as it bathed under the sunlight.

There weren't many clouds in the sky, as it radiated a bright blue color. The clouds that did fill the sky seemed to appear in the form of fluffy cotton balls, floating around endlessly in random shapes of all sizes.

Rainbow pushed open the flaps of her tent, exhaling energetically as she grinned and skipped away. She bustled over to the fire, that was lit ablaze in a fiery explosion of warm colors.

She bummed peacefully to herself, staring at the fire all by herself as no one had bothered to leave their tent and socialize. And she too probably wouldn't have introduced herself or invited the others had she not made the mistake of tripping over a log.

She tumbled downwards, to her dismay, and she shrieked in the process. She collided with the soil, rolling on the ground and sat up while exasperatingly wheezing from pure shock. Though, she soon realized she was fine and sighed in relief. Until she looked up, that is.

Atop her cake hat rested a flame or two of fire that had caught from the fall next to the fire. She screamed and stood up, frantically running around and trying to put it out.

From all the commotion, Draco emerged from his own tent to see what all the fuss was about. He scanned the area and quickly spotted his friend running around like a pure maniac, screaming her head off.

Soon after, two other girls appeared from their tents. They looked the same age as the first two, except one looked like a walking blueberry and the other a walking chestnut—

PRESENT TIME.....

"Gold may be a walking chestnut but I'm not a blueberry," I complained, interrupting his monologue.

    "She's just in denial," Draco deadpanned, "WE ALL HAVE TO ADMIT IT TO OURSELVES SOMEDAY!"

   Evan, Aly, Alec, and Kyran laughed, to which I mocked Draco underneath my breath. I slowed down my pace to allow the others to catch up with me. Soon, they all were walking alongside me as I refused to let Draco continue what he called the "origins of almost all of the Krew".

    "Oh, that reminds me," Aly clapped her hands together, as if she had made some revelation, "we saw a ghost."

    "How did that remind you of the encounter with a ghost?" Kyran inquired, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

    She shrugged nonchalantly, "I dunno. But we saw it, right, guys? It was of Valerie, and she lead us to find Evelyn."

"Weird to think that we're only talking about that now. I don't know how it slipped our minds," Kyran said.

"Lotta' stuff has been happening. It's been mad weird these past few days," Evan shrugged.

"Rightfully so. These past couple of days have been weird. But it's gonna be fine. We're gonna find the Krew, then find my parents, and you guys can go home and enjoy the summer," I sighed, collecting my thoughts.

"And what about you guys? When this is over, what're you gonna do?" Alec inquired.

"Fix everything," Draco replied seriously, "or at least, piece together what we can. I mean, our home is gone and all we have is each other and our parents."

"Some of us, at least," I murmured, shrugging as he nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, some of us, I mean. Help rebuild this town and help those in need, find new homes, and in some of our cases, repair some relationships," Draco added.

    "Repair relationships with who?" Aly inquired, before hesitating, "....if you don't mind me asking."

    "It's fine. Well, for me, it'd be with my parents," I started to explain, "it's kinda hard to explain."

    "Well, we got time to kill while we walk, hey?" Alec shrugged, "don't know how long it'll take to get there, so why not?"

     "If you insist," I shrugged myself, "well, when I was younger, my parents started a business. At first, money was a problem. But then, it started to take off. And with business, well, comes being busy."

   "And they became busy?" Evan guessed, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

    "Yeah. By the time I was nine, I only saw them once a year. Nannies came and went, because all I wanted was my parents and I did everything I knew I could do: cause trouble. As a kid, you know the biggest attention you ever get is from when you're in trouble. I would chase them away, being the absolute worst terror you could imagine," I said.

    "Imagine a little Funneh running around dressed as Godzilla," Evan chuckled, to which we all laughed.

"Haha, very funny," I remarked sarcastically, rolling my eyes with a smile, "but seriously, it was a constant trouble. And instead of coming home like I hoped, they just sent counselors."

     "So your plans backfired?" Alec guessed, to which I nodded and continued to explain.

   "Yep. And when they did come back for a visit, we always argued. Well, over time I left behind trouble and traded in my actual family for the idea that my friends were my family. And over the years, I learned that depending on the idea of really spending time with my parents was pretty nonexistent. I separated myself from the idea and a while back, I isolated myself from them," I started to explain.

"Isolate yourself from them how?" Aly inquired as I fixed the strap of the bag over my shoulder.

"Well, there was one time when...."

TWO YEARS AGO.....

"We're gonna miss you guys so much," Rainbow smiles bitterly, embracing both of us.

"We really are, but promise you'll have fun there," Lunar said, hugging us herself.

"Don't worry, we'll be sure to have fun. And we'll tell you all about it when we come back next year," I assured, smiling.

"And by that, she means we'll keep you up guys updated every day," Gold giggled, "we're gonna miss you guys too."

"Enough with all the mushy stuff," Lunar spat, "don't worry about us."

"Yeah, it's not like we'll burn down a building while you guys are gone," Draco chuckled, before pausing and then saying, "okay, I may have spoken too soon. But we'll survive somehow, hey?"

"But we make no promises," Lunar joked, earning laughter from all of us.

"But really, I'm gonna miss you guys. And I know I keep saying it but—" Lunar interrupted my sentimental monologue.

"Save the sappy stuff for when you guys come back next year! Don't worry about us. We'll live. Now, go! Take over the world for me," Lunar laughed.

"Ignoring the evil overlord right there," Rainbow giggled, "go. Your flight is departing any second now. Call us when you arrive in America."

I grabbed the handle of my suitcase tightly, nodding towards them and waving goodbye with an excited grin. Gold grabbed her own suitcase and the two of us spun on our heels, heading straight towards the gates.

    I looked down at my clothes, so unused to such normal attire. The clothes I wore were best suited for adventure, being wild. These, now these were made for someone normal, which was something I was not.

   Just a simple white long sleeved shirt, two stripe around the ends of the sleeve on each side with a blue vest buttoned over it. Dark blue shorts and simple faded jade colored boots. So average, so normal, so everyday for regular teenagers.

Our clothes were not normal.

Not in the eyes of where we were going, at least.

As we neared the airplane, I felt butterflies in my stomach. And while I was extremely excited to attend a brand new school in America, I was also partially scared. It was a completely foreign country to Gold and I, and neither of us had been before. Plus, the rest of the Krew wouldn't be with us.

Rainbow was supposed to join us, but she would be boarding a later flight so she could say goodbye to her dad after he finished his shift at work. She said she wasn't sure if she was staying though, more of an experiment to see if she wanted to or not as well.

The plane seemed so intimidating when we actually approached it. Its white coat shined in the sunlight and the engine roared to life whilst all the passengers started to arrive and get on.

"Are you ready to go?" Gold inquired to me, as I exhaled deeply and nodded.

She smiled and motioned for me to follow her, "Then come on! It's gonna be fun!"

I started to trail behind her, the both of us pulling our suitcases along, when I felt my phone buzz in the back of my pocket. I stopped in my tracks and pulled it out, reading its screen.

The crystalline eyes of a woman that I barely even remembered appeared on the screen. People always said I had her eyes, but others say mine don't look cold and scary like hers do. Hers look like they're judging you with every glance.

I couldn't answer it. For whatever reason, I felt frozen to my core. I stared at the screen, at her face. It scared me how similar everybody said we looked. Did I have those same unforgiving eyes? That disapproving frown? That icy atmosphere constantly surrounding me?

In the photo saved on her contact, she sat upright. Her posture was straight and her smile was nonexistent. Her long sapphire hair was completely straight, to which I inherited the bounce in my hair from my father. Completely flat and not a hair out of place, with her pale skin and wintry eyes, her lips pursed downwards in a serious expression.

It was always the only expression she wore by that point. That is, when I did see her. When I was younger, I never saw her without a large grin that brightened the room. But the older I got, I guess she and I both learned that smiles cause wrinkles. And wrinkles weren't allowed, not on a perfect untouched sheet of paper.

My father's face was much different than hers. Even after all the years, he had this almost puffy face. A blinding smile, one made to catch the eye of onlookers interested in their business. This comforting twinkle always stayed in his eyes, and it never ceased. His navy blue hair was short and always pushed back, clean but still loose.

He was never as pale as my mother, whom in my mind had earned the title of the Ice Queen, a woman whose colors were faded and replaced with the colors only owned by the coldest of things. He was more tan, with a tall posture and proud frame.

As a kid, I was always closer to my mother. She would be the one I went crying to when the storms got too rough or the nights got too cold, or when the trips I suffered proved to be just a little too harsh of a fall. But as I got older, I found I really was my father's daughter. And when I would argue with my mother on all of their trips, my father would be the one to calm both of us down and talk it out with each of us individually.

But it wasn't my father's face on the screen.

It was my mother's face.

Somewhere inside, the hesitation to answer and hope to hear something meaningful from them was far smaller than the fear of feeling crushed when it proved that their worries rested on the fact that I was "getting help" on my troubles. The troubles that I only caused when I needed them, when I chose to. Troubles I kept controlled in my hands and had subsided years before.

I stared at the screen, my thumb hovering over the "accept" button. Its large green color burned its image into my head, an emerald circle staining my eyesight. The name of the woman whom I always fought with were like words written in stone, the woman who conceived me and yet I couldn't look past my stubbornness and remember my childhood with her.

The ringing continued loudly, but not nearly enough to overpower the noise of the airplane. Should I have listened to the noise of a new world waiting for me? Or should I have listened to the noise of what's still unfamiliar to me?

Without thinking, I declined the call.

"Hello? Funneh? Earth to Funneh? Are you okay?" Gold inquired honestly, waving her fingers back and forth in front of my face.

I blinked once and shook my head, "Yeah, I'm fine. It was just a call, that's all."

"Oh, okay. Who was the call from?" Gold questioned, raising her eyebrows.

"Nobody important."

"Okay, then. Come on, we don't want the plane taking off without us," Gold winked, starting to hurry towards the airplane with me trailing behind her, "good thing it wasn't an important call. They won't let you make any calls while we're flying."

"Yeah, good thing. Nobody important."

PRESENT TIME.....

No one said a thing as we walked, our footsteps almost in sync and our silence equal. I could tell they found it strange how I was able to talk about such events without any overwhelming emotions behind my words, no stutters or hesitation.

And it wasn't that I didn't care. Maybe back then, just two years before, I probably would have said I didn't care about my relationship with my parents. Maybe two years ago, I would have said things I could never take back. But instead of saying things I would regret and would never leave, I did things that would haunt me and would linger in the back of my mind as mistakes.

The day the dorms burned down was like an awakening, a day where everything hit me far harder than it should have. It was a day when I realized that we weren't just teenagers attending a school, living normal lives. We weren't normal. No one was normal. We just had routines that seemed normal to us.

Truth was, there was no definition of normal. We did what we did, and others did what they did. Our own schedules and routines, the average and the daily, the things we repeated and considered morals were normal based on ourselves.

And on that day, I realized that we had only lived a fraction of our lives. Valerie had only lived a fraction of her life. We were just pieces of a puzzle, numbers in an equation, an infinitive loop that kept piling up until it was time.

Theirs were cut short. They hadn't reaped what they sewed, their regrets remained mistakes with no recompense. Day after day, night after night, our lives would continue until someone or something stopped it whilst theirs relied on living behind a glass wall watching all the living whist their physical selves remained buried six feet under.

     And when we were at that funeral, with the rain coming down like tears from face of the clouds to mourn the loss of Valerie, it hit me. It stabbed me in my heart, in my gut, in the places where it would hurt most. When I looked at her photo on top of her gravestone, I saw a girl whose friends loved her, her boyfriend loved her, and her family loved her.

    But when I looked down at the soil, the unearthed hole with a casket laying in it, I saw a person who would never feel anything more. And those who still could feel would relish in the misery of her loss.

    At that moment, with the rain crashing down onto the healthy and tragically beautiful roses Senpai had laid into her grave and those grieving around us dressed in the color of black, I knew I had to see my family. No more running, no more fighting. I needed to see them on an occasion where there was no tension or arguing.

If I were like Valerie, I would want that.

I would want a moment with my parents.

A moment of peace.

With somebody important.

    When I looked up, it amazed me to see where we were. It was like déjà vu, so surreal and livid. I blinked once, not knowing if we were really back. It felt too soon, too quick and too easy.

    "What? We're already here?" I inquired, blinking rapidly in disbelief and scanning the entire scenery.

    "What do you mean 'already here'? We've been walking for four hours!" Kyran exclaimed, to which I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Oh, that's wonderful. She's gone insane. Quick, get the spray bottle," Draco joked.

"Seriously? You guys just let me stare off into space for all that time?" I gasped.

"To be fair, it kind of looked like you were in that dream world from Sharkboy and Lavagirl," Evan shrugged with a chuckle.

"That movie was like a fever dream when I was little," Alec chuckled, "it was something else."

"Okay, true. But like, the songs in that movie slapped and no one can say otherwise," Draco admitted.

"The songs 'slapped'? What does that even mean?" Aly inquired, raising an eyebrow.

"I DON'T NEED TO DEFEND MY MODERN LANGUAGE! I KNOW I'M CRAZY!" Draco announced, marching away.

    "CLOSE YOUR EYES, SHUT YOUR MOUTH, DREAM A DREAM, GET US OUT! DREAM, DREAM, DREAM, DREAM, DREAM, DREAM!" Evan chanted, hurrying off besides Draco.

(If no one recognizes this movie or don't know these lyrics IM THROWING HANDS AND SUING SOMEONE—)

    Draco spun around and gasped excitedly, "HIT THE HAY, FAST ASLEEP, DREAM A DREAM, YOU—"

    They hurried far enough away to where we couldn't hear them anymore, but we sure got a kick out of seeing them sprinting around while screaming the lyrics to the infamous song by Sharkboy.

"Sometimes I have to remember that they're both some of my best friends and then I realize I'm stuck with two insane people as some of my best friends for the rest of my life," I deadpan as the others laugh.

"To be fair, we're all a little crazy. Even you," Kyran joked, pointing towards me as I gasp.

"I don't know whether to feel offended or complimented and that's the real issue," I laughed.

"Anyway," Aly giggled, "what's the deal with this place? Why come here?"

I sighed and looked up, back at the scenery around me. It was familiar and I didn't like it at all. "It's no place special. At least, not in a good way."

I wandered off, hiking away into the tall grass. The place had overgrown in plant life during the time we had stayed away. And rightfully so. After what happened, who would want to go here again?

   It's funny how we always get drawn back to places we vowed to never return to. Because those places held memories that were traumatic or haunting, and yet, something was like a calling. It always lured us back, because it wasn't finished with us. Not just yet.

    I walked over to the dock, the wood boards creaking beneath my footsteps from what I guessed was being weathered down for too long. I found myself standing at the edge, where the boards met the water and the wind combined it all.

    I stared at the water, so glistening and beautiful. It was quite easy to forget what had happened here if you only focused on the scenery. It was tragically beautiful. Just like many other things in our lives.

     "Hey, Funneh. How are you holding up?" Alec asked from behind, to which I turned around to face him.

    "Eh, I'm holding up about as much as two sticks trying to hold up an elephant," I shrugged, "but I thrive off of despair."

    "Don't we all," he chuckled in agreement before going silent and then saying, "Aly told me about what happened. I just wanted to check up on you."

    "I've been better. But sometimes it just gets to me, that's all. And your sister did help me," I smiled, "she's a really good person too."

    "She is," he nodded and shrugged, "she has her moments with flaws, but so do we. And I'm sorry about her pushing to know about everything and being nosy."

    I shrugged and sighed, "I can't be one to blame her. I would do the same thing."

    "....But it's not just her that's sorry for invading you and Gold's privacy or pushing too far. We're sorry, and I speak for all of us. Kyran, Aly, Evan, and I," Alec apologized.

    "Who are you? The Lorax?" I laughed, then started to talk in an impression of the Lorax, "I speak for the trees and the trees say they screwed up."

    He laughed, "Yeah, we really did. And I know there's no excuse, but in a way, it's kind of good that this all happened. Not that I mean your parents and the Krew disappearing— that's bad. But I meant all of us coming together."

    I smiled, "Yeah, yeah it was. I'm just glad it didn't blow up in any of our faces. And when this is all over, it'll be all happy endings and honesty from there, right?"

    He paused, going quiet as he shoved his hands into his pockets and stared at the boards whilst his hood hid his face, "Speaking of honesty, I wanted to say something. I was gonna tell everyone, but I think it's my conscious that tells me that I should tell you first."

    "All right, what's your confession, eh?" I inquired in a reassuring voice, placing my hands on my hips and motioning for him to continue.

    "I won't blame you if you get mad, nor will I blame any of the others," he started to say, "and if you guys cut off all contact with me, I won't blame you all either. There's.... a lot of wrong in it and not a lot of right to justify it."

    "Calm down, it's not like you murdered someone," I joked, softly laughing and rolling my eyes with a smile.

    "Well, not me, at least," Alec sighed, "you know how..... how there have been a lot of murders at Y.H.S?"

    "How could I not?" I responded, cocking an eyebrow upwards in curiosity.

    "Yeah, well, here's the thing: those murders, they're being committed and whoever's doing it is getting away with it. And that means that they have to have help in getting away with the crimes. With that being said, there's something going on and it has to do with me and Yan—" Alec was interrupted by Kyran in the distance.

    "Hey, guys, you may wanna look at this," Kyran called us all over, directing my attention to him.

    "I'm sorry, but can we finish this later? It seems like he found something," I asked, pointing over to Kyran.

    "Yeah, uh, sure. We can talk about it later," Alec adjusted his voice, "let's go see what Kyran found."

    I nodded and we walked back down the dock towards the others, who were already gathered around Kyran. They were standing besides a pole set up near the logs.

(Can you guys remember where this place is? :>)

    "What's up? Did you find something?" I questioned as Kyran nodded.

    "Yeah, I did. I don't really know what it means, but it's addressed to you and Draco," Kyran explained, pointing to a piece of paper pinned to the pole, "it's a note of some sort."

    "Wait what? Hold on, let me see that," I directed, moving closer to the paper alongside Draco.

•∞•

ῳɛƖƈơɱɛ ơŋɛ ąŋɖ ąƖƖ ɬơ ɬɧɛ ʂɧơῳ. ῳɛ'ཞɛ ʝųʂɬ ʂơ ɛҳƈıɬɛɖ ɬơ ʂɛɛ ყơų ɬῳơ ąɠąıŋ, ąŋɖ ყơųཞ ŋɛῳ ƖıɬɬƖɛ ʄཞıɛŋɖʂ. ყơų ʂɛɛ, ῳɛ ცơɬɧ ῳąŋɬ ʂơɱɛɬɧıŋɠ ʄཞơɱ ąƖƖ ơʄ ყơų. ცųɬ ʄơཞ ųʂ, ıɬ'ʂ ყơų ɬῳơ ῳɛ ῳąŋɬ. ɬɧɛ ɬῳơ Ɩąʂɬ ཞɛɱąıŋıŋɠ ɱɛɱცɛཞʂ ơʄ ყơųཞ ཞıɖıƈųƖơųʂƖყ ŋąɱɛɖ ɠཞơų℘. ʂɛཞıơųʂƖყ, ῳɧơ ʂ℘ɛƖƖʂƈཞɛῳ" ῳıɬɧ ą 'ƙ'? ცųɬ ąŋყῳąყ, ɧɛąɖ ɬơ ɬɧɛ ℘Ɩąƈɛ ῳɧɛཞɛ ῳɛ ʄıཞʂɬ ɱɛɬ ʄơཞ ɬɧɛ ʂɛƈơŋɖ ɬıɱɛ. ყơų ƙŋơῳ ῳɧɛཞɛ ῳɛ'ཞɛ ɬąƖƙıŋɠ ąცơųɬ, ıɬʂʄųŋŋɛɧ ąŋɖ ɖཞąƈơŋıɬɛɖཞąɠơŋ.

ῳɛ'ƖƖ ცɛ ῳąıɬıŋɠ. ąƖƖ ơʄ ųʂ.

ҳơҳơ -ơƖɖ ʄཞıɛŋɖʂ

•∞•

    "What? 'Back to the place where we first met for the second time'? Where's that?" Evan inquired, "they say it like you two should know. Do you?"

     I looked back at the note, then at Draco. He stood there speechless, no jokes to be made or normal banter being told. He too was scared like I was. We both knew where to go, what to do, and who was doing this at that point.

    Slowly, the two of us reluctantly nodded and continued to stare at each other with a speechless expression.

   "Okay, then where are we heading now, dudes?" Evan asked us, as the others listened closely.

And yet, we didn't give them a clear answer.

"Come on, we're taking a shortcut."

•∞•

•»a gυιlтy conѕcιence needѕ тo conғeѕѕ. a work oғ arт ιѕ a conғeѕѕιon,"
-alвerт caмυѕ «•

•∞•

|| Thank you for 15.4k reads! <3 ||

•∞•

LUNA is typing.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 424 22
Funneh and Gold are the best (average) agents in the Canadian business. But when a power villain comes along, the duo will need more than just themse...
16K 528 24
𝘐𝘵𝘴𝘍𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘩 𝘈𝘜 𝘕𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢 Lunar is 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧. To a human, having 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬 sounds like their greatest desire...
7.4K 128 13
(Y/N) one day went to high school called Yandere High school for short YHS and when she was just a kid she got hit by a car and went into a coma and...
499 3 5
This is my fanmade Precure series based off of Itsfunneh and krew eats magic krew and I'm not trying to steal art the thumbnail doesn't belong to me...