i believe in yesterday ☽...

By ohmywahwah

"̴sorry for breaking your heart,"̴ "̴'s alright,"̴ he bit his lower lip, holding back a smile. he looked her... More

➪𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 - 𝐒𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄

𝐨𝐧𝐞

5.6K 130 95
By ohmywahwah

𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐧.

   may thirtieth, nineteen fifty-eight

"molly, are you ready for school?" molly's mother called.

"yes!" molly replied shortly.

it was the final day for her high school in liverpool. she would get to see her best mates one final time before it was official.

john lennon, george harrison and paul mccartney. her boy friends. not boyfriends, but boy friends. they went to a strictly all-boys school, except for john, who went to an art college.

"we're leaving in two minutes!"

molly combed her hair once again after brushing her teeth. her golden locks just wouldn't lay flat. she resorted to her mother's hair gel. it made her look at least forty. after that situation, she promptly washed it out. she also blow dried it so it wasn't wet. the final product was okay.

it looked like it always did. blonde. boringly straight. but, it suited her.

"one minute!"

after looking at her hair one last time, she flattened her skirt so it wasn't as wrinkled. unfortunately, it had shrunk during its time in the dryer. now, it was at least five inches shorter, all the way above her knee.

all her others weren't clean, and she couldn't wear trousers. her mother told her she'd try and fix them the previous night, but she didn't get around to it once molly's step-father came round. her skirt was shorter, tighter and definitely against school rules, but she had no other choice. it might've fit a six-year-old. she just wore her normal white blouse.

"molly!"

"coming!"

molly rushed downstairs while holding her skirt down so it didn't hitch up.

"well, it's all we're working with at this point," molly argued with her mother after a sharp look. "you didn't fix it last night like you said you would, mother!"

"i know... i love you, goodbye," her mother kissed her cheek and rushed outside. since molly was the only child in the family, molly's mother had to lock the door when she went to work. her mother worked at a job that required her to be present at six am sharp.

molly normally walked to school and sat under a tree until school started since she couldn't be at home. she'd read books all alone, but george sometimes came by to accompany her during the long two hours. today, they were to meet for breakfast at the local café. sometimes, they did that also, using molly's step-father's outrageous allowance money.

he allowed her at least two pounds a week. they used the money to buy other ridiculous things. supplies for pranks, books, molly even bought george a new book-bag. his parents could afford one, but she offered to do so.

she was forced to walk past a certain paul mccartney's house, too. if he was awake early enough in the morning, he'd come out and bug her as she walked. today was one of those days.

"molly! molly! molls!" he called from the upstairs window. he'd been waiting all morning for her to walk by so he could pester her. she rolled her eyes, almost beginning to walk faster, but hesitated. it was the last day of school, after all. after about fifteen seconds, paul was out of the house and walking next to her. he looked her up and down and began laughing. "where you off to?" paul questioned. "going to the strip club?" he roared with laughter.

"my skirt shrunk. it's not my fault!" she defended.

"you'll have a rash from the rapping you'll get!" paul jeered. "but i must say, i much prefer this over the long, baggy ones you normally wear,"

she scoffed. "trust me, this isn't by choice. i'd rather wear a toga than this right now,"

"you'll be wearing a bathing suit this summer! it's the bloody last day, molly!" he eyed her again, in a more thoughtful way. he eyed the way her skirt fit her in all the right places. he'd always liked molly. it would've made her uncomfortable if she'd noticed.

but she didn't. she kept walking, laughing.

"where are you going at a time like this? school's that way," paul asked again.

"i'm having breakfast with george," molly said.

"oh," he said, almost with a hint of disappointment. "it's not a date, is it?"

her eyebrows furrowed. "well, no, paul. it's not a date," she stated. "why?"

he shook his head, shrugging. "i was thinking i could join!" she gave a long sigh. paul was always the invasive type, but it didn't bug her now as much as it did when she first met him.

suddenly a figure came up from behind paul, hitting him over the head with a book. "boo!"

molly turned around, scared, but it was only john. "john! you gave me a terrible fright!" she slapped his shoulder.

"i see you dressed up for me," john said with a growl in his voice. she sighed again.

it was second nature for john to make a crude remark. "her skirt shrunk, genius," paul rolled his eyes this time. she laughed at this, and john only kept up behind them.

"so where are you two off to? brekkie?"

before molly could answer, paul said, "i'm going with molly to meet with george at the café up the street,"

"mind if i come along? i'm starving!"

"oh, no," paul groaned. "there's only money for three, bud,"

"well, make room for one more!"

molly continued with the two all the way to the café. they talked all about the summer, and molly couldn't even believe paul had the pleasure of knowing a college student! she was just fifteen then, the same age as paul, and she adored john. once they arrived, george was already sitting, waiting for molly.

he saw the boys trail along with her, releasing a heavy sigh. "i see you've brought friends," george smiled in a patronizing way.

"sorry," molly mouthed to him, but the boys had already sat down, looking over the menus.

"so," john began. "what do we think of molly's skirt, everyone?" george hadn't noticed until he pointed it out. molly was only just sitting down when john said this, making her feel exposed. she gave a coy smile and stood back up, modelling the shrunken skirt for the rowdy boys. paul gave a small whoop, john began clapping and george just sat smiling. molly sat down with red cheeks. "innit cute?" john said through a laugh.

"you could say that, but the rapping you'll get is horrible!" george said protectively. "why don't you buy a new skirt?"

"with what money? i'm spending it on you all for breakfast," molly replied shortly.

the waitress came round and gave the teens water. her name was betty— molly only knew because her mother recently worked with her, and it was her step-father's aunt. small world. "oh, molly! wonderful seeing you, dear!"

"hello, miss grend," molly smiled at her.

"what can i get you all?" the boys placed their orders, but all molly had was a waffle and water. she wasn't sure if a pound could cover the whole order plus a hefty tip.

"what's with you? trying to lose weight?" john questioned.

george shot him a look. "what? no!" she replied.

"good. you're already skinny enough. don't want you to get like those other girls," he said back.

her eyes found the empty plate in front of her. he was right. so many girls were like that. especially at her school. and what was, 'skinny enough'? before she could think any more, betty came back around with her waffle. she swallowed hard and took a huge bite of it, not minding any manners until seeing the looks on the boys' faces.
"what? i'm hungry," she said with a mouth full of waffle and syrup. she half did it so john didn't think she was just an insecure little prude, but she also half did it because she was hungry.

george lightly chuckled. john and paul only shook their heads.

*

soon enough, it was time.

three o'clock never looked so good. every single girl in the classroom was anticipating the moment the clock struck the number. molly's foot subconsciously tapped away as the final minutes passed.

surprisingly, molly didn't get in a lick of trouble for her skirt. most of the teachers only gave her ugly looks, not caring because it was the last day and they'd get their paycheck soon. "class, i know. you're all very excited for summer," the teacher began. "but, as a teacher, i need to give you one last piece of homework," everyone simultaneously groaned and started complaining when sister sue said this. "it's not a bad one, trust me! it's fun!"

molly got her pencil back out to write it down.

"your assignment for the summer," she paused.

at the same time, only a few blocks away, george was also fidgeting with his pencil, waiting. paul, a few classrooms down was watching the clock with an aching head.

"is to find a person of your choosing, and raise a baby with them." molly gave a short laugh along with the rest of the classroom. "no, i know what you're thinking. a baby? well, we've got baby-dolls for all of you to take home and raise. they don't really do anything, but it's your assignment, so you must do it." the classroom began to murmur with excitement. "everyone line up and get a baby," sister sue opened the classes closet to reveal two small cribs full of at least twenty baby dolls.

one crib had boy babies, and the other had girl babies. molly already knew she'd choose george to be the baby-daddy, but she wasn't sure if she should pick a girl or boy.
molly stood up and got into line. when it came to her, she finally decided on a little baby boy.

finally, it was time. everyone sat down with babies in hand. it was two fifty-nine.

here came summer. the minute felt like an eternity.

five... no more waking up early!

four... there was a ghost of a smile on george's face.

three... no more early bedtimes!

two... paul was finally ready for the summer nights to come...

one!

all the kids got up at once, rushing past the teachers and other students to get out of school. even a few babies were dropped. molly stumbled and almost dropped hers, but caught herself just in time.

"careful this summer, miss mayweather," the teacher said over the commotion.

she waved goodbye to her and joined the halls full of girls waiting to get outside.

hey guys! this is my first chapter of series, and i am so excited for you all to see the rest of it!!! and yes, i've changed the cover because it had my old username on it :) this series will have 40 chapters. there will definitely be more books out of this series come out eventually, and i'll be releasing the rest of the book throughout the year, so enjoy!!! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.4K 1K 20
imagines, preferences, and one shots about the dunkirk film characters and cast #2 in fionn whitehead #4 in christopher nolan
895K 20.5K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
229K 6.7K 77
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1M 40.4K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...