running away from the enemy ➳...

由 narryxcashton

"Love has its place, as does hate. Peace has its place, as does war. Mercy has its place, as do cruelty and r... 更多

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Epilogue

Chapter 15.

154 4 0
由 narryxcashton

Mari's POV

        "C'mon Mari," Harry says softly as he stands up. "We've got to go." I quickly wipe my tears away with the back of my hand and take a deep breath. I probably look terrible right now, but I don't even care. I use all of the strength that I currently have to stand up and I fold my arms across my chest. My legs feel like jelly but Harry stands beside me to make sure that I maintain my balance. Harry continues to look at me, his green eyes full of concern. But I try to give him a small smile reassuring him that I am okay. But I'm the farthest thing from being okay right now...

         Suddenly I hear the sound of a ringtone going off and I take my phone out of my pocket to see if it's my phone and it's not. "Is that you?" I ask Harry before raising my eyebrow at him.

        "No," he says before wrinkling his face up in confusion. As I walk closer to Brad's corpse the ringtone gets louder and I realize that it must be his phone ringing. I get back down on my knees and begin to fish through his pockets trying to find the phone. Some of his blood from his wounds gets on my hands and I gulp slowly, trying to resist the urge to throw up right now.

        After what seems like a million years and the several urges to throw up, I finally fish out his phone and look at the screen. 

        It reads:

         Damon would like to Facetime with you.

        Damon.

        I quickly press the accept button and the screen begins to load. "It's Damon," I mumble to Harry and I hear several twigs on the ground snap as he nears me. I quickly stand up so that both me and Harry can see the screen and then Damon's face appears on the screen.

        "Do you have them yet?" he says, not even looking at the camera. It seems like he is focusing on some paperwork and I watch as he glides his pen across the paper as he's writing. "Brad are you going to fucki-" As soon as Damon's eyes meet the camera they quickly turn a darkish-grey and he flashes me a devious smile. "Ahh Mari," he says. "Nice to see you again. Glad to see you're doing well." Yeah you little prick, you didn't manage to kill me. His eyes linger over to Harry and they slightly widen. "Now who is this?" he asks with that stupid ass smile on his face still. "Is he your boyfriend as well? Tsk, tsk Mari. I know Zayn will not be happy about this."

        "Where's Will?" I growl through my teeth, completely ignoring his irrelevant comments.

         "Oh he's just fine," he says before beginning to write on the paper placed in front of him again. "He's just hanging out." The way he puts emphasis on the word 'hanging' causes me to clench my jaw and my stomach begins to feel queasy.

        "You better not fucking touch him!" I shout. "I swear that I will fu-"

        "You will fucking what?" he snaps, cutting me off from saying anything else. "Kill me?" he says before laughing devilishly. His eyes are staring straight into mine and it makes me feel slightly uncomfortable. The darkness hidden in his blue eyes is still there and this is what I've discovered that the true Damon looks like. His light blue eyes and welcoming presence is just a façade, and he only uses it to get what he desires. But in actuality he is a true monster, fueled by desire, hate and greed. "Do you know how many times someone has threatened to kill me during my lifetime Mari?" he questions me. "Too many for me to fucking count. But I am still here aren't I?"

        "Not for fucking long," I think in my head.

        "You need to learn to keep your word darling," he continues before fumbling with the few rings on his fingers. "If you wanna kill me...fucking do it already. No one is stopping you except for yourself because you are scared of what may happen. But darling you drew this upon yourself. If you would have just stayed with me, none of this would have happened. If you just handed yourself over...you could have prevented a lot of things from happening. But no. You are too strong willed to even consider such an idea. And I applaud you for that Mari. But eventually people like you will finally get tired of fighting, and will hand themselves over. I'm just waiting for that to happen to you darling."

        "Has it ever occurred to you that I'm not like every one else?" I respond to him. "You think you have everything all planned out don't you?"

        "I'm pretty sure I do sweetheart. I'm the king at winning games. Everything works out the way I plan it to sweetheart, it's just how everything works. I thought and...well-hoped you would have realized that by now."

        "I'm glad that we are finally getting to actually have a nice conversation with each other Damon," I say sarcastically as a smirk threatens to spread across my lips. "I wanted to really tell you that Brad is unfortunately no longer with us and is currently rotting at the bottom of hell right now."

         I watch as Damon's eyes stare intensely into mine and I only feel satisfied by the reaction I am receiving out of him right now. I watch as he clenches his fists so tightly that his knuckles are a ghostly white and his jaw is dangerously locked.

         "What?" I say while raising my eyebrow at him and letting out a small laugh. "Cat got your tongue?" I quickly switch the camera around so that Damon can see Brad's lifeless and colorless corpse laying on the ground beneath my feet. "Pretty disturbing huh?" I say through my teeth. "Just imagine your parents lying on the floor with blood oozing out of both of their bodies just like poor Brad here," I say and tears threaten to spill out of my eyes. Memories of that night flash through my mind very quickly and I gulp nervously. Despite my want and desire to let the tears fall, I hold them back with all my strength. Damon will no longer have control over me. I'm done with his fucking bullshit. "You know I applaud you Damon," I say before flipping the camera again so that he can see my face. "Even in Brad's last few moments of life, he still kept his allegiance to you. He didn't reveal any information that could be proven to be useful to me once so ever. He was loyal to you wasn't he? You trusted him with every single ounce of information that could be used against me huh?"Damon continues to stare at me with eyes full of pure hatred and I have realized that I have pushed his buttons the exact way I wanted to. "How does it feel to know that your trusted sidekick died at the hands of myself?" I growl. "Do you feel the same remorse and emptiness as you did when Natalia's brains were blown out of her body?"

        "ENOUGH!" Damon roars before slamming his fist, with as much force as he possibly can on the wooden desk in front of him. "You think you have some sort of fucking power over me now Mari?" he hisses, his words laced with so much hate. "HUH?!" he shouts before slamming his fist down hard on the desk again. He bares his teeth at me and his eyes are illuminated with rage and are complete pools of black-the darkest I have ever seen them before. "Well you fucking don't!"he continues to shout. "I cannot wait to fucking watch you suffer," he growls. "Just wait until I get my hands on you and wrap my hand around that small throat of yours. One good squeeze and snap!" he says before snapping his fingers. "It's just that fucking easy." Suddenly I watch as Damon gets up and picks up the phone with one of his hands. "I have someone I would love to show you," he says before a sinister smile creeps upon his slightly chapped lips.

        I hear Damon's feet hit a solid surface and the clicking of his shoes continues to come through the small speakers on Brad's phone for what seems forever. Suddenly I hear the sound of a door opening and making a creaking noise before the camera is immediately switched around.

         In front of me I see someone who is highly unrecognizable, hanging from a wall with chains on every limb of their body. Their bare chest has several lashes and bruises on it, dried blood on his skin. The person's head is hung low in despair and as soon as Damon clears his throat, the person's head slightly moves upward, revealing their blue eyes which look deeply into the camera.

        That man in front of me...the one who looks so broken and vulnerable...is my brother Will.

        It's Will.

        "See Mari," Damon growls. "You have seem to forgotten that I have the upper hand here." Suddenly I hear the sound of something metal being picked up off of the ground. I hear the sounds of something being rustled as the image on the screen shakes a little bit and all of a sudden I see my brother with Damon standing in front of him. I notice the long iron rod in Damon's hands and his eyes are still filled with darkness. "Now I'm about to show you what happens when you fuck with me," Damon growls. Suddenly Damon swings his arm back and slams the pole into Will's torso and the breath is knocked out of my lungs. I can't breathe.

         I watch as the pole hits Will repeatedly and each time I hear the hard contact of the metal hitting his skin, my heart breaks in half. Tears are freely rolling down my cheeks now and I just wanna fall to the ground and sob. The sad thing is that Will continues to stare directly into the camera...and the amount of pain and despair exhibited in his eyes is making my soul crumble.

        "If I were you Mari," Damon says before swinging the pole again. My heart shatters even more. "I would give myself over soon before your precious brother will be no more." As a certain numbness begins to course through my veins and spread throughout my body, my head begins to throb and I find myself beginning to wheeze. The phone is taken out of my grasp by Harry standing directly beside me and I place my hands over my face.

        "I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD YOU WILL DIE!" Harry shouts and his face flushes with a red tint. "YOU FUCKING BASTARD. YOU WILL FUCKING PAY. WAIT UNTIL WE FUCKING FIND YOU! I WILL RIP YOUR HEART OUT MY OWN DAMN FUCKING SELF!"

        I hear Damon begin to laugh and it fills my ears causing me to place my hands over my ears. "If you can fucking find me that is," I hear Damon reply and he continues to laugh some more. His taunting laughter becomes harder and harder for me to block out and I am focusing so hard on trying to get it out of my head.

        Suddenly I watch as the phone shatters into a million pieces after hitting the tree trunk of the tree beside me and I look over at Harry whose breathing has become ragged. He combs his fingers through his hair frustratingly, tugging at the roots of his hair before letting out a deep sigh.

         I stand there as the sun shines on the side of my face...not knowing what to do next. Everything is numb, including my mind. "C'mon Mari," Harry says before he scoops me up and begins to carry me through the vast amount of woods back towards the direction of the house.

Zayn's POV

        As we all stand around the kitchen table with a bit of sweat on all of our faces, the front door swings open revealing Mari in Harry's arms. I watch as Mari's eyes continue to stare blankly at nothing in particular and it causes me to worry.

        "She's fine," Harry mumbles as he walks over to me. "She's just a little bit s-shaken up...that's all." Harry quickly places Mari on the ground and she continues to stare blankly off into space.

        "Mari?" Reyna asks as she moves closer to her. She softly places her hand on Mari's shoulder and Mari automatically reacts by jumping away from her touch. But she still continues to avoid any eye contact with anyone. Her tear stained cheeks and slightly disheveled hair is what stands out and I attempt to wrap my arms around her small frame. But she steps away before I can even get the chance to.

        "What the hell is wrong with you Mari?!" Doniya shouts. "Obviously you want to die!" 

        "Shut up Doniya," I growl through my teeth. "Can't you obviously see that something is fucking wrong with her right now?!" A deep scowl sets over Doniya's face before she mumbles something underneath her breath. I expect Mari to say something to Doniya but she does not even acknowledge Doniya's words. Instead she walks out of the room without saying a word. My feet begin to move after her but Harry steps in front of me.

        "Give her some space," he simply says. "She's been through a lot."

        "What the hell happened out there Harry?" I mumble. "Is there something that I missed?"

        Harry hesitates for a moment before he folds his tattooed arms across his chest. "Damon is what happened," he growls. "Mari killed one of his men," he continues. "And it so happens after he died that Damon tried to FaceTime with the now deceased man." A look of worry spreads across Harry's face before he bites his lip. "It was terrible mate," he says while shifting his gaze towards the ground. "I-I've never seen anything like it. Mari...she was different. I saw several emotions spread across her physique and Damon was persistent on receiving a reaction out of her...and she was strong...for a little while at least." Harry rubs his hands over his face before blinking a few times. "There was so much blood man," he says. "He showed us Will. We need to get him out of there man." That explains why Mari is acting so strangely. She looked as if she had seen a ghost before her own eyes. "She fell apart right in front of me Zayn...and I felt so bad for her. She doesn't deserve any of this."

         The thought of my ultimately strong and brave Mari breaking down in front of me makes my stomach turn upside down. Harry is right. She does not deserve this. "How did Damon figure out where your house was Brian?" I say trying to switch the topic temporarily. We have more pressing issues right now to worry about...

         "I have no clue," he mumbles. "The only way he could find out where we were was if-" Bran immediately stops talking and his eyes widen before he paces to the other side of the room.

        "If what Brian?" I ask before raising my eyebrow.

        "Tracking device," he simply replies. "Tear this place apart," he demands, his voice echoing throughout the house. "Every single fucking inch! We need to find itRight Now." All of us begin to frantically move around the house throwing couch cushions across the room and moving several objects.

        "I'm going to check the clothes downstairs in the laundry room," Reyna simply says before dashing off. Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn around to find Waliyah looking up at me.

         "We'll deal with this," she whispers, before placing her hand on my shoulder. "You go and deal with Mari."

         I give Waliyah a small smile and kiss her on the forehead before walking away from all the commotion downstairs. I don't need to be told twice. Besides the girl that I love the most in this world is in distress...and I cannot bear to see such a beautiful person like Mari be in such despair...

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

7.1K 332 10
What we fail to understand is that mistakes were done on both parts. It's easy to assume one is the victim and the other the villain. But, what if bo...
12.7K 596 44
Life is.. an adventure. A daring adventure towards an unknown future. You take risks, you work hard and gain glory. But, its beauty depends on how mu...
1M 31.8K 64
❝I'm not perfect, and neither is he, but together we're as close to perfection as one can ever be.❞ © All Rights Reserved: SykesorStyles © before re...
343 73 24
This is sequel of the book "The Mysterious Turn". you need to read book 1 to understand book 2. cause this totally depends on book 1. Here's the sho...