when the moon is tired | ✓ fi...

Από natalienbaker

𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 the only way two old lovers knew how to pa... Περισσότερα

⁰.⁵ moodboard and locations
¹
²
³
¹⁰
¹¹
¹²
¹³
¹⁴
¹⁵
¹⁶
¹⁷
¹⁸
¹⁹
²⁰
²¹
²²
²³
²⁴
²⁵
²⁶
²⁷
²⁸
²⁹
³⁰
³¹
³²
³³
³⁴
³⁵
³⁶
³⁷
³⁸
³⁹
⁴⁰
⁴¹
⁴²
⁴³
⁴⁴
⁴⁵
⁴⁶
⁴⁷
⁴⁸
⁴⁹
⁵⁰
⁵¹
⁵²
⁵³
⁵⁴
⁵⁵
⁵⁶
⁵⁷
⁵⁸
⁵⁹
***
***

2.2K 72 122
Από natalienbaker

"mr. lampton?"

violet taps the elderly man in the shoulder from behind him. there was no doubt that he was old in age, but within a strangers eye you wouldn't guess any over fifty.

the white haired man turned with a smile to the well dressed girl.
"violet! you look dashing."

"thank you very much, sir." she returns a smile. pulling finn from behind her towards her boss.
"this is finn. finn; my boss, mr. lampton."

"nice to meet you." he nods, taking the firm grip of mavericks hand.

"likewise." he gives a nod.
"i believe you were one of the models i hired, yes?"

"oh-"

"no." violet interjects.
"hes a close friend of mine. but felix is shooting with him tomorrow, right?" she looks to the photographer across from her.

"mmm." felix nods towards his boss.

"so you do model?" the elderly gentleman directs to the curly haired boy.

"no, sir. im in a band."

"ah, anything i'd be familiar with?"

"calpurnia?" finn shrugs.

"oh! uh, feeling vacancy. right?"

finn smiles a large smile; almost in shock that the man was so up to date with the times.
"yes."

"thats talent there. i haven't enjoyed music that much since the beatles." his hand meets the young boys shoulder.

"wow thats- thank you so much."

"but on that note, i was thinking." violet interjects.
"theoretically; you wouldnt mind taking finn in?"

maverick rests his hand over his chin in thought.
"i think that theoretically, if i saw some of his shots and he was able to walk runway. his popularity would be good for business."

"that and his cheekbones." felix points out.

finn smiles gently, the girl looking over to him in thought.

he was so hot. god he was, and violet hated it.

"i say, if you're interested-" he looks to the tall boy that stood a few inches taller than himself.
"miss cage will email me with some shots and, i can let you know within a week."

"oh, well i guess i'm not so sure yet. i cant leave my band."

"yeah." violet chimes in,
"it was only a thought."

"you'd have a busy life son, but you could do both. just let me know."

"we will." violet nods, taking ahold of his hand once more for reassurance that she wouldnt lose him in the crowd.

the two say goodbye to the rest; going over to mingle with others.

finn had met quite a few of important people that night. to include people in his own line of work; singing celebrities.

it turned out to be a pretty important event, their clothes being almost nothing compared to some of the things worn by the surround crowd.

he never knew that violet was such a big deal either.

everyone seemed to enjoy her company, congratulating her for all her accomplishments so far that year.
list after list of things she did to improve the company.
it was only march.

the night ended rather late, for it was almost midnight by the time they arrive back to violets apartment building.

the two open the door with a roaring laughter about whatever was going through their heads.
they stop abruptly at the sight of william at the kitchen island. a look of annoyance across his face.

"violet, where were you?"

"i told you," she hesitates, closing the door behind them.
"finn and i went to the gala."

"you didnt tell me that!" he tries not to raise his voice in the quiet apartment.

"yes." she stands stern, putting her coat to the rack.
"i did."

"love," he sighs.
"look can we talk? please?"

she glances to finn with an apologetic look. he nods, his hand daring to graze the small of her back in front of her boyfriend.
"uh, i'll just be upstairs."

finn leaves the couple in the dark kitchen. violet wished he hadn't.

"look, i dont like to argue with you."

"its not arguing if your voice barely moves above a whisper." she mumbles, standing herself across the counter from him.

"what, you want me to yell at you?" his hand drags across his face.

truthfully, violet did. it had been so long since shes yelled and shouted; getting all her anger out. she almost craved it, but how was she supposed to explain that?

she doesn't respond.

"you do, don't you? you want me to be like him."

"like who?"

"what, you think i don't know?"

"i don't know what you're talking about." she lies.

"yes you do violet, i know how badly he treated you. and yet you're still leaving me home to go out with him."

"hes not like that anymore."

"ive given everything to you- i mean, what am i doing wrong violet?"

"you dont love me." she admits into the silence.
"and, i dont love you william."

"and you love him."

she shrugs,
"i care for you, really i do. and i dont want to leave you."

"then what do you suggest?"

"finn leaves on monday. we'll talk after he goes home in a couple of days."

william stays silent as violet nods for him.

there, she leaves him in the middle of the empty dark kitchen. heading quietly up the stairs in her barefeet.

she hesitates just out of her door, turning around to tap lightly on the door that leaked light from its cracks.

"finn?" she cracks the door open, watching him from the doorway.

she inspects him as he turns from the dresser, looking to her gently.
"is everything okay vi?"

"everything fine." she nods.

"okay." he smiles gently, sweetly.

by now, his suit was hung neatly to the closet. pajamas dressed to his body, but his hair still tamed in effortless curls.

she stares to him, thinking into the emptiness of the hallway.

"im, going to bed. but, be ready by eight tomorrow morning okay? we need to impress at that photoshoot."

"okay vi, goodnight."

violet smiles gently, staring to his dark eyes from across the room.

finally, suddenly, her words echo into the quiet room.

"i love you, finn."

his heart sinks, his stomach fluttering until it dies. feeling his ego go down as he remembers its only pure friendship between the two.

it was three words he craved, but understood she meant it kindly, friendly.

"i love you too, violet. sweet dreams."

she shuts the door, proceeding back to her room.

the two of them sat in practically the same way in their opposing rooms.

heavy in breath.

hearts beating out of their chest.

head spinning.

and just like they were once as kids,

in love.

1183 wc

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

101K 2.1K 40
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐨 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ...
54.8K 1.9K 17
"𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪...𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙛𝙪𝙣." *I wrote this when I was not experi...
44.5K 2.1K 24
"not everything can be fixed with stupid donuts!" "but its a rainbow donut!" [Book 2] [Book 1; message me]
326K 8.1K 23
𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 | in which aria puts her trust in somebody she wishes she never met. ❝ WHAT, PRINCESS? DID YOU REALLY THINK I'D WANT YOU? ❞ ( finn wolfha...