Endless

By adelaidebordeau

*2021 Watty Award Shortlister* ** I scanned his face, taking in all of his features. His eyes were large, sho... More

The Party
Shirts
A Run In
The Opinions of Friends
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Confusion
Changing A Bandage & Making Plans
Movie Night
Parachute
Pancakes & Boxers
Whenever You're Ready
A Lot of Distance
Panic
Falling In & Pillow Fights
Kiss or Miss
Hotels & Admission
They Were Endless
Happy Birthday
Want To Come Home With Me?
All the Fun
Guardian Angel
Intervention
A House That Isn't a Home
Ice Cream & Obnoxious Andie
Leaving
Tommy
Panic Attacks & Being Sure
Bora Bora: Part One
Bora Bora: Part Two
Before
A Visit
Go
Angel Day
Buzzkill
Heavy
Party On
Everything
Nerves
Mistakes
Broken
Patch Up
Eat
Plans
Bad Professor
Bruises
Heal
Fall Into Silence
The End of an Era
EPILOGUE

Better

75 3 0
By adelaidebordeau

ANGEL'S POV

"What?" Sage asked when I'd answered, his eyes wide and full of doubt. I exhaled sharply, lips curling up.

"Yes, Sage. Yes, I will marry you," I repeated, and he grinned, lunging in for a kiss. I laughed softly against his lips, carding my fingers through his hair.

When we parted, I rested my forehead against his, eyes fluttering shut.

"Happy one year," he said softly. My eyes snapped open and I scanned his face.

"You remembered." He tutted.

"Of course I did." We kissed again and again... and again.

He eagerly slid the ring onto my finger, and I grinned as he did so.

"You want to marry me." The way he worded it hit me right in the chest and I stared at his eyes, nodding softly.

"I want to marry you." He bit his lip, just barely containing his smile.

"We're getting married," he whispered. I grinned.

"We're getting married." He took me by surprise, tackling me onto the bed while peppering kisses all over. I was in the midst of laughing when Ben and Leo burst into the room, eyes wide and a bit frantic.

Sage and I sat up, relaxing a bit before he spoke.

"What's wrong with you guys?"

"Well... we heard laughing, so we thought one of you killed the other," Leo stated. I frowned.

"Why would we...? Never mind," I said, toying with Sage's hair.

"So... what's going on?" Ben inquired, inching towards us with Leo clinging to his arm. Sage and I met each other's eyes, exchanging a nod of confirmation before turning back to our friends.

"We're engaged," we answered simultaneously. Ben and Leo's eyes widened simultaneously and the questions were immediate.

"What?"

"Since when?"

"When's the wedding?"

"Who asked who?"

"What's the ring look like?"

I showed them the ring, and they marveled over it for a moment while Sage continued to press gentle kisses to my cheeks. I giggled, trying to push him away, to no avail.

Ben and Leo congratulated us and let us know they were happy we were returning to normalcy.

When they left the room, Sage jumped back on top of me, kissing me everywhere again.

"Sage," I whined with a smile, and he just laughed softly.

"What? I just love this face," he said, kissing me more. I laughed, until suddenly, he stopped, staring down at me.

"What?"

"I just realized that I haven't kissed you in two whole weeks." My lips parted as I realized that he was right.

"Oh... you're right," I murmured, tracing his jaw with my finger. He relaxed into my touch, scanning my face.

"I have to make up for everything that I missed," he mumbled, toying with the sweatshirt I had on. I sighed and gently took his jaw into my grasp, pulling him down into my lips. He hummed into my kiss and I ran my fingers through his hair, wrapping my legs around his waist. He gripped my thighs, pulling me closer.

"I missed you," I mumbled against his lips, and he smiled into the kiss, tugging on my bottom lip gently with his teeth. I obeyed without hesitance, and gripped the front of his shirt as our tongues collided slowly.

He moved his kiss down to my jaw and neck momentarily, then he pulled back, meeting my eyes.

"I love you, you know that?" He whispered, and I nodded, smiling at the man above me.

It felt as if everything from the past few weeks was dissolving, and this weight was being lifted off of my heart. It felt like before — if not, better.

His eyes flickered over my face, landing on my lips. I leaned up to close the gap between us, but froze as a thought slid into my mind.

"What?" He asked softly.

"Food," I said quietly, watching his eyes. He stared at me for a second, uncertainty in his gaze. "Please?" I relaxed my head back on the bed. He was quiet for a few moments longer, until finally, he answered.

"I'm afraid I won't be able to finish it," he admitted, averting his gaze. I sighed sadly, crawling my fingers up his arms.

"Try? Just a little more. If you can't, I won't make you." He looked towards the window, eyes a bit glassy.

"I fucked up," he whispered. I stared up at him. "I can't believe I'm afraid to eat." I slid a hand up to up cup his cheek, bringing his gaze back down.

"What made you stop?" I asked carefully. He sighed, dropping his head to my chest.

"I don't know," he whined. "I wasn't hungry. I just wanted you and you weren't there and I couldn't think about anything else for longer than a few minutes before it just went back to you." My eyes burned and I sighed shakily.

"I'm here now," I murmured, kissing the top of his head. He slowly kissed from my clothed chest, to my collarbone, to my neck, to my jaw and up to my lips.

"Come on," he said against my lips. "I'll try." I whispered against his soft kiss, and he pulled away, ridding my cheeks of tears with his thumbs. I sniffled softly and ran my thumb along his bottom lip.

"Don't do it for me," I said softly. "Do it for you." He nodded softly. I smiled weakly up at him, pecking his lips once more before sitting up, moving from beneath him. Before I could even get off of the bed, he grabbed my hips.

"Wait." I turned to look at him, my eyebrows raising at him expectantly. "I forgot something," he told me, and I narrowed my eyes curiously.

He suddenly pulled me back into the bed, above me once again. I whined, rolling my eyes but smiling nonetheless.

"Sage," I pouted.

"Give me one minute." He didn't move, he just stared at me. I waited for him to do something, but he didn't.

"One minute to do what?"

"I just... want to look at you." He ran his fingers gently over every part of my face; my eyebrows, my eyelashes, my cheeks. I bit my lip, not daring to move an inch of my body.

When he got to my mouth, he slowly ran his thumb over my bottom lip, prompting me to release it from my teeth's grip. His eyes met mine, and I smiled softly, reaching up to cup the side of his face.

"I love you," he said again, not removing his eyes from mine.

"I love you," I replied softly.

It was mind boggling, how in a year, I'd managed to find someone that I couldn't live without. Everything about Sage was perfect to me, from the way he walked, to the way he lit up when his favorite show came on the TV, to how much he loved playing board games with me — no matter how much everyone else hated them.

The best part about it was that every feeling between us was mutual; it never faded. It never failed to amaze me.

Everything was better.

**

After eating — Sage finished half of his plate, which upset him for a few minutes until I assured him that he'd just need to take his time — we returned to Sage's room and lie together, hazing at each other.

He climbed above me, watching my eyes. His stare intrigued me; the way his eyes glistened when they met mine, the way his lips moved when he spoke. Everything.

"Kiss me," I mumbled, and he slowly dipped down, his lips meeting mine. He moved to my cheeks, then my jaw. His hands moved to the hem of my sweatshirt, and he met my eyes.

"Can I?" He asked softly, and my heart skipped.

"Yes," I breathed. He tugged the sweatshirt off, throwing it to the floor. He pulled off his own, then kissed my neck, agonizingly slow, and I let my eyes fall shut, taking in every moment. His lips moved down to my collarbone, my chest, and my abdomen. When his lips met the center of my stomach, my breath hitched and he stopped, meeting my eyes.

"You want me to stop?" I quickly shook my head, running my fingers through his hair.

"No, don't stop." He kissed my stomach again, reaching the edge of my sweatpants, and my heartbeat rose.

He sat up a bit, meeting my eyes again.

"What?" I breathed. He smiled, gazing at me.

"I missed you, too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 48.8K 66
This story is complete βœ… Casey is a nerd, but the charming, cute type. He evades college parties like the plague. Who knew he would accidentally jump...
1.1M 53.4K 92
This story is complete βœ… 'I look at the back of the boy, sitting in front of me and his shining tousled hair. Before I can even realize what I'm doin...
52.7K 1.6K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...
158K 7.4K 48
"What I was going to say was selfish..." He mumbled. I edge closer to him until my hand slowly cradled his cheek. Tilting his head up to look at me...