Detention Boys

By Lottie_H_

"Alec, you're drunk and confused. You don't want this," he said, but didn't try to move away. I could feel hi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Just a little note to you all...
The Detention Slip

Chapter Sixteen

85.6K 3.3K 1.7K
By Lottie_H_

I woke and did my best not to move, not wanting to shatter this moment that was now the foundation of my future dreams. I was lying on my back looking at the gorgeous boy lying next to me still asleep. Dylan was lying on his stomach, his leg wrapped around mine and his arm flung over my chest. He was facing me, lips partly open with his wavy hair sprawled across his face.

It was moments like this, just the two of us together, when I felt weightless; there was no expectations, no judgment to be made. Just myself and Dylan, accompanied by the warm feeling spreading through my chest.

To say I was scared is definitely an understatement. Maybe scared isn't the right word though, more like anxious. Taking things slow, just spending time together and enjoying each other's company is entirely new to me. Before, my relationships with girls usually started with a one night stand that developed into a dinner and a movie the next day. Really getting to know someone before hand was never a concern to begin with, that came later on, if it even came at all.

The anxiety was probably due to that realisation; I was getting to know Dylan. I know about his love for music, his need to be creative. I've met his family and seen how he interacts with them, how a smile breaks out over his face every time Sophie just enters the room. I've seen the side others see, and I'm getting to know the side that is personal, the one that really matters.

I slowly leaned over Dylan to check the time on my phone. It was only eight o'clock. I lay back down and took the time to study Dylan. I never thought I'd ever think a guy was beautiful, but Dylan is. This close to him I can see that his pale skin has a light dusting of freckles across his nose, and a small scar on his left eyebrow.

I don't know how long I lie there looking at him, but I did begin to feel like a creep. I stare at the ceiling and slowly begin running my fingers lightly up and down his arm which is draped across me. His muscle tense under his skin and his grip tightens on me.

"Hey," he mumbles, still half asleep. I turn towards him and see him giving me the sleepy version of his lazy grin, his eyes half closed. I have to resist the urge to sigh.

That teenage girl is resurfacing, Alec.

"Hey," I reply quietly. He removes his arm from across my chest, slowly, running his hand across it before rubbing his eyes. I reach out and push back his hair again, and as I'm removing my hand he catches it and entwines his fingers with mine. I smile at him.

"Have a good sleep?" I ask. What a lame question, Alec.

"The best," he replies before letting go of my hand and heading into the bathroom. A few minutes later he comes back and pulls on a loose t shirt and drawstring shorts. He turns and faces me.

"Coming to get some breakfast?"

"Sure," I say and get up, throwing on some grey jogging bottoms and a t shirt, the whole time feeling Dylan watching me. He holds the bedroom door open for me and then follows me into the kitchen.

It is half past nin and surprisingly Sally and Mitch are the only ones up. Mitch is lying on the sofa with his arm draped over his face and Sally is in the kitchen. Dylan gave my shoulder a squeeze before running into the living room and jumping on Mitch.

I turn towards the kitchen and see Sally watching me. She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively and I shake my head and laugh.

"Poptart?" she asks. Who can refuse Poptarts? She pops two in lots in and stands next to me with our backs against the counter watching Mitch try to manoeuvre Dylan so he isn't sitting on top of him.

"Good night?"

"Great night," I reply, not taking my eyes off Dylan.

"Not over thinking things?"

"Nope. Minimal thinking is the new craze, have you heard?"

"No I hadn't, but if it makes you look this happy I ought to try it."

I grin at her and she turns to receive the Poptarts. We stand and eat them as Dylan and Mitch make their way over, shoving each other like five year olds.

"You weigh a ton."

"You're just not as strong as you think you are," replied Dylan.

"I'm plenty strong," argued Mitch, taking a bite of Sally's Poptart. "And very manly," he added.

Sally slapped him in the arm.

"Ouch, what was that for?"

"Get your own Poptart."

"That hurt."

Dylan looked at me and mouthed 'very manly'. I grinned and finished my Poptart.

"I think we should all go for a hike round the lake," announced Sally.

"And I think we should all take the sweets the guy in the white van offers," added Mitch, earning him another slap.

"Shut up," said Sally. "Just the four of us since we're up. It will probably be a while till the others get up anyway."

"I'm up for that," I said. Dylan nodded and Mitch reluctantly agreed. By quarter to ten we'd all changed and were ready to go. We left the others a note saying we'd be back for lunch and then we went out.

The weather was, as predicted, a lot colder and the wind had picked up. In the shelter of the trees around the lake we were shielded from the wind, but there was nothing to do about the chill.

Mitch picked up a sick and proceeded to march around, waving it in the air and chasing Dylan with it. It's hard to believe he is seventeen. Dylan and Mitch walked ahead, debating about God knows what and occasionally shoving each other.

I walked with Sally, both of us with our jackets zipped right up and our hands in our pockets.

We were half way around the lake when she spoke.

"Have you a Dylan made anything official yet?"

"What?"

"You know, are you in a relationship, are you just friends..."

"Oh. No, we haven't really said much about it. We've been on a date, but we're taking things slow since I'm pretty new to all this."

"Dating a guy?"

"Yeah. If someone had told me at the start of the year that I'd be crushing on a guy I would have thought they were crazy."

Sally nodded. "Dylan probably understands that. He never thought he was gay until he met Jayme."

"Jayme?"

Sally stopped and looked at me. I could tell from the look on her face that she wasn't sure if she should tell me any more than what she already had.

"You can tell me," I said. "I won't go grass you up," I joked.

She waited a few moments before starting to walk again.

"Jayme is Dylan's ex. In a way, Dylan was you and Jayme was Dylan. He didn't know he was gay until he started dating Jayme."

"What happened?"

"To be honest, I'm not one hundred percent sure. That you'll probably have to ask Dylan. But I do know that it is a touchy subject. It didn't end well."

I nodded and we continued walking. I remember Dylan telling me after our first detention that he was in a relationship that ended badly; he must have been talking about Jayme.

We had sandwiches for lunch and ordered Indian for dinner. We all sat in the living room and Sam started up the log fire. He said that the guy phoned him when we were out about the heating and said that they'd have someone come out to fix it tomorrow. Another night with just blankets. Well, and Dylan.

We agreed that Sam and I were going to head out tomorrow and get some food for the rest of the week and the others would stay in and wait for the guy to come and fix the heating.

"I'm headed to bed," said Dylan after binning his takeout carton. We all said goodnight and once he was in out the room I decided to call it a night too.

"I'm just gonna crash as well," I said, standing up. Mitch and Cam were busy playing Call Of Duty and the others were playing cards.

"Night man," called Sam, trying to keep a smile off his face. I really need to ask him what's going on tomorrow.

Sally stood up and gave me a hug, I binned my takeout carton and headed down the hall and knocked on the door before entering.

Dylan stuck his head out the open bathroom door with his toothbrush in his mouth, giving me a smile as I collapse on the bed. He quickly spits out the toothpaste and wipes his face before sitting down the bottom on the bed.

"You all right?"

"Yeah, just tired I guess," I said, wiping my hands over my face.

"Do you want a personal heater tonight?"

I laughed. "You can be my personal heater every night," I replied.

"I guess I have my future career all planned out then. 'Alec Brooke's Personal Heater'."

He moved and lay down next to me. "What were you talking to Sally about?" he asked.

I laughed again. "Just about how observant she is."

"Ah. Should have maybe mentioned that. Nothing gets past detective Sally."

"She was nice though. It's good to be able to talk to someone."

"You know you can talk to me right?"

I nodded. I knew Sally was right, and it'd one of the things I admire about Dylan; his ability to express himself. Whether it be through music, or art, or words, he is so outspoken and expressive.

"I'll admit, hearing the guy they like tell them how amazing they think you are, or how hot or how cute they think you are probably isn't the best think for my ego-"

"Hey!"

"- but I think I could deal with it," he finished, laughing. I laughed with him. I'll probably always be grateful at Dylan's ability to put everything in the open to avoid any awkwardness.

Dylan stopped laughing and just looked at me. He cupped my face in his hands and leaned in to kiss me. My breath caught when our lips connected and I put my hands over his. It was a slow, sensual kiss. Reassuring and comforting, but at the same time it ignited my veins and left me wanting more. He stroked my tongue with his a few times before pulling back and softly catching my bottom lip between his lips. I held back a groan.

He smiled and kissed me softly on the head before standing up and walking towards his bed. He started to remove his clothes, getting ready for bed, and I quickly made my way to the bathroom before I gave into the urge to jump him.

I quickly brushed my teeth and got undressed before climbing back into bed next to Dylan.

I felt his arms go around my waist and his lips brushed my ear as he said, "goodnight Alec."

Oh, fuck it.

I twisted around in his arms and crushed my lips against his. It was a quick, clumsy kiss but when I pulled away he was gasping for breath.

"Goodnight Dylan."

I locked my fingers between his and squeezed his hand , trying to subtly get my breathing under control as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 385 12
A graphic portfolio of book covers I created, either being dedicated to the authors and their stories that inspired me to read them or being requeste...
116K 5.6K 44
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
1.2M 36.9K 34
What's worse than being a guy in high school who figures out they are gay and they have a crush on another guy? Noah Chambers knows what's worse. Not...
1.5K 90 7
A story in which best friends cross lines that can't be undone. // Slow Updates // © 2024 Amy N Johnson. All Rights Reserved.