Deku's Biggest Fans - {Hero's...

By PhoenixBunny456

Yumiko Nakamura was one of the few lucky ones to get into UA High. Of course, it wasn't through the Hero Cour... More

Chapter 1: I Wanna Be a Hero Like Deku!
Chapter 2: A Future I Won't Let You Ruin!
Chapter 3: "Becoming Friends!"
Chapter 4: "Beautiful and Cute Coffee Dates!"
Chapter 5: Kitty Cafe!
Chapter 6: Was that What It's Like To Have A Daddy?
Chapter 7: Learning At A Young Age!
Chapter 8: Wanting Her To Have An Option For Good!
Chapter 10: Melting Ice Cream!
Chapter 11: Good Friends!
Chapter 12: Controlling Emotions!
Chapter 13: Breaking Watermelon!
Chapter 14: A Curious Child!
Chapter 15: It's My Fault!
Chapter 16: Struggling to Focus!
Chapter 17: Thankful
Chapter 18: Truths!
Chapter 19: Family Emergency!
Chapter 20: "Incinerator Declares War!"
Chapter 21: Code Names For Manami To Remember!
Chapter 22: A Daddy Protects You
Chapter 23: With Every Dusty Drought...
Chapter 24: Comes a Scorching Wildfire!
Chapter 25: The Midoriya Family!

Chapter 9: Renewed Inspiration

109 10 0
By PhoenixBunny456

          A fast rock theme begins. "I cut right through the wreckage and look onto the sunset!" Izuku is shown in his younger years walking in the hallways of UA. "Eternity I'm flying! Singing Right into the Sky!" Yumiko is shown in her younger years looking up as Izuku walks past her. "I can't live with regret!" Izuku stops beside her and they flash to their adult forms. "Can't Fade!" Izuku is shown turning to look at Yumiko. "Won't Break!" Yumiko looks over when Manami rushes over to her and she picks Manami up and the two are shown spinning around as Yumiko's wings spread out behind her. "Live for tomorrow with our might! We'll fight on! Once again!" Izuku is shown turning to face a villain as he steps in front of Yumiko and Manami protectively and the title flashes in front of them. "Seeking out... all the lies that I've been told." Light flashes as the music sort of slows down and Manami is shown sitting in her preschool class smiling. "My tears leave me... drowning!" The screen is split in two and Manami is shown talking about Izuku as Izuku is shown fighting villains. "I'm moving on!" Light flashes and Izuku is shown turning to look at Yumiko who is shown standing sandwiched between two girls. "You can't tell me how to be!" One pushes Yumiko to the side and winks while the other one yells at the one who pushed Yumiko. "Nothing else is stopping me!" Light Flashes and Izuku and Manami are shown. Izuku was patting Manami's head as he smiled at her. "Frustrated!" Manami is shown with an angry pouting expression. "Humiliated!" Manami is shown crying as she wiped her tears feverously. "It fuels me... to carve the road I walk on!" Yumiko is shown picking Manami up while Manami cries. "I cut right through the wreckage!" Light Flashes and the two girls are shown smiling as they watch Izuku on TV. "And look onto the sunset!" Manami is shown staring with a happy expression on her face. "Eternity I'm flying! Singing Right into the Sky!" Izuku is shown firing off his shoot style attack as Manami is shown cheering for him. "I can't live with regret! Can't Fade! Won't Break!" Izuku is shown smiling with a blush on his face. "Live for tomorrow with our might! We'll fight on once again!" Manami is shown appearing in different outfits before she's shown talking Yumiko and Izuku with a hug as the two sat together. The title is shown once again as Izuku is shown holding both girls in his arms as the three smiled happily.

Shinso stays upstairs keeping track of everything while Bakugo and Izuku takes Manami downstairs to the training room. They set Manami on the other side of the protective wall that reinforced glass that wouldn't break no matter if either one of them tried to destroy it. They head to the other side and Manami sat watching.

"Just because we're showing the pipsqueak how to fight doesn't mean I'm going easy on you." Bakugo says.

"Never thought you would." Izuku says.

"Maybe after I kick your butt I'll be her favorite hero." Bakugo says.

"Kaachan... you're playing the villain in this fight." Izuku says.

"Fine!" Bakugo says, "Just like our first fight!"

"Except a lot less of you trying to murder my face off." Izuku says.

"Nope, I'm going all out." Bakugo says.

"I may end up regretting this." Izuku says.

"Pipsqueak, yell Begin at the top of your lungs." Bakugo says.

"Her name is Manami." Izuku says, "Try saying please to her."

"BEGIN!" Manami says and Bakugo rushes forward to attack. Bakugo quickly attacks roughly like he normally did in fights against villains. Izuku quickly blocked the attacks since he'd been studying Bakugo's movements for years. Of course, doing this just made Bakugo angry.

"Oh come on!" Bakugo says.

"Sorry, it's just a force of habit, Kaachan." Izuku says.

"You aren't even using your quirk, nerd!" Bakugo says.

"Well, I'm so used to testing out new attacks with you that it's a little too easy to dodge your attacks." Izuku says. Bakugo continues to attack him and Izuku activates One for All and he begins fighting back.

[Manami's POV]

Wow! I was actually getting to see Deku fight in person! It was so cool! I watch him speed up and I throw my arms up as I smile happily.

"Wow!" I say as I giggle watching.

[Izuku's POV]

Hearing Manami enjoy the simple sparring, I glance over and see her smiling brightly. A smile spreads across my face. I attempt to focus on fighting Kaachan but the only thing I could think of was the day before.

[Flashback – Izuku's POV]

I give Yumiko a call to see what was wrong with Manami a few hours before at the pool. Manami just suddenly shut down and refused to acknowledge that I was there. I was getting really worried about Manami so I call Yumiko just to make sure that Manami was alright.

"Hello?" Yumiko asks as she answers the call. Yumiko's beautiful voice makes me smile.

"Hey, what was wrong with Manami?" I ask.

"She was a little jealous." Yumiko replies.

"Jealous?" I ask confused.

"She saw another little girl playing in the water with her daddy and she got jealous because she didn't have a daddy." Yumiko says.

"Oh, yikes. I never thought about that, I'm sorry. I never thought that would be a memory she'd want to cherish with someone she sees as her father." I say as I rub my scarred hand through my hair. That thought didn't really occur to me. I just wanted to two of them to have fun. I also wanted to be able to spend time with them.

"She wants to say sorry for the way she acted towards you." Yumiko says.

"Oh, tell her it's alright." I tell Yumiko.

"He says it's alright, Manami." Yumiko says.

"Okay, mommy!" Manami's voice says from afar on the other side of the phone. I smile at the sound of Manami sounding like she was relieved.

"She said okay." Yumiko tells me.

"So, when will you need me to look after her during the day?" I ask her.

"Starting tomorrow if you don't mind." Yumiko says.

"Alright, just bring her by in the morning and we'll take care of her." I say as I couldn't stop smiling.

"Did you ask the guys if it was okay?" Yumiko asks.

"Well, the only one who had a problem with is it Ground Zero and well... you know how he is." I reply quickly.

"I recall him having a horrible potty mouth." Yumiko says.

"He was outvoted!" Kirishima says as I watch him messing with Kaachan.

"Shut up, shitty hair!" Kaachan says to Kirishima.

"You know, I think he and my friend Asako would get along wonderful." Yumiko says.

"Why do you say that?" I ask with a confused look on my face.

"Both are potty mouths." Yumiko says.

"Well, I guess so." I say and my eyes widen when I hear Yumiko laugh. It sounded sweet to me. Of course, that though caused my face to heat up bright red.

"Thank you for looking after her while I'm working. Tell Ground Zero it's only until the preschool opens again next month." Yumiko says.

"I'll tell him." I say quickly, "See you tomorrow morning."

"Alright." Yumiko says.

"Have a good evening." I tell Yumiko. Truth was, I didn't want to hang up, but at the same time I didn't want to take up anymore of her time.

"You too." Yumiko says. After a few moments, we hang up and I take a deep breath. I place my scarred hand over my mouth as I looked down at my desk with a shocked blushing face.

"What's that expression for?" Todoroki asks and I look up at him.

"Ah... Manami... she got upset at the pool earlier... because... because she was jealous of a dad and his little girl." I tell him.

"Oh, I see." Todoroki says.

"I just wanted to make her happy. I didn't realize that learning how to swim would end up being an experience she'd want to have with her father." I say.

"With that expression it looks like that for a brief moment you wondered what it would be like to be her dad." Kirishima says teasingly and my face flushes red as I freak out.

"No! Nothing like that!" I say, "I mean, I like Yumiko and she's a really pretty girl. Even I noticed that when we met back in UA, but... I feel like... she's out of my league."

"You're the number one hero and she's a waitress who's daughter is your biggest fan." Kirishima says.

"It's more than that though." I say.

"Alright, then what's wrong?" Todoroki asks.

"I just want to see Manami happy. When she got upset today..." I say, "Something inside me made me sad for her too. And hearing that it's because she'll never experience what it's like to have a father to love her and teach her things, it makes me sad."

"Not all dads are good. If you believe that her father is Incinerator, then it's better if she never wonders what it would be like to know her father." Todoroki says.

"Not everyone has daddy issues like you, Todoroki." Kirishima says.

"I don't have dad issues." Todoroki says.

"Not anymore." Kirishima says and Todoroki sighs.

"My point being Midoriya, even if you aren't her father or ever plan to be, just being there for her as her favorite hero can make a difference." Todoroki says.

"Being there for her?" I ask as I look at him shocked.

[Present]

I'm brought out of my memory in order to block an explosion from Bakugo. The two of us had been sparring for quite a while and I could tell that both of us were getting tired.

"Okay, okay, that's it." I say, "You look exhausted."

"Shut up." Kaachan says and he walks away and takes a few deep breaths.

"Manami, we're done." I say as I look over at her. I watch her smile and she climbs down from the chair we had her in and she runs around the protective wall and runs over to us.

"Wow! That was amazing!" Manami says.

"So, who's your favorite hero now?" Kaachan asks.

"Still Deku. I've always wanted to see you fight in person! It was so cool! I can't wait to get my quirk so I can become a hero too!" Manami says and she runs over to me and giggles, "What's next on the activities list, Deku?"

"Hmm, after that I think I could use some ice cream." I say, "Do you like ice cream?"

"I love ice cream!" Manami says and she giggles she spins around. My eyes widen as I watch little orange wings appear on her back.

"What the he---heck." Kaachan says. They vanish as quickly on they came and I look over at Kaachan.

"Did you see that?" I ask and Kaachan nods.

"Little wings. Was that her quirk activating?" Kaachan asks.

"But Yumiko's wings are a pretty green color." I say.

"Could end up being from the fire quirk that she gets from her biological father." Kaachan says.

"I think so too." I whisper.

"It's not nice to whisper. That's what my teacher said. If people whispers it means they could be hiding secrets and secrets could be about people and make people upset." Manami says.

"We're not hiding a secret. Let's go get ice cream." I say.

"Yay!" Manami says.

"I'll call Icy-Hot and tell him to be here when you get back just in case." Kaachan says and I nod.

"Thanks, Kaachan." I say and takes Manami back upstairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 62 13
About 80% of the human population have a 'Quirk'. A 'Quirk' is like a superpower or special ability, so for those who are comic or even manga fans, i...
41K 594 22
Read this description you will need it promise me. This is my first fanfic. WARNING - THERE IS MATURE CONTENT IN HERE. This story is featuring ou...
3.8K 179 77
The beginning was in Qingqing, China. The manifestation of the superpowers which will be soon known as' Quirks'. The society, which grew accustomed...
758 18 16
"Haha! You want to be a hero?! Well sorry Y/n but it's too far from your reach!" "Ms. L/N, you should probably look for a school that isn't hard to g...