Princess Charming

By repswiftly

Isabelle Quinn. A girl who treasures her education and aims high, unlike all those other girls in her school... More

Princess Charming
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Chapter 34-
-Chapter 35-
-Chapter 36-
-Chapter 37-
-EPILOGUE-
E N C H A N T E D

-Chapter 26-

46.9K 911 74
By repswiftly

Hola! So new chapter, this is quite fun! I wanted a chapter where they're all together! Hope you like it, please remember to comment and vote because it means a lot and it would be very awesome of you :P x

____________________________________________________________________________

-Isabelle Blake-

“I hate you,” I said grimly to Graham who wore his bright red swimming trunks. His eyes looked over at the band of children with their parents. There were balloons of all colours, the kids screaming and splashing in the pool. I groaned loudly when Graham ran off to join the party.

I'd had that feeling when you don’t want a certain day to come, but it approaches faster than usual and you’re mentally curse at it. The week flew by and to make it worse, my mom tried to convince me to date Nathan. And to add to the disastrous week, I hadn’t seen Nathan hardly after that Monday we almost got caught kissing.

I had changed into my aqua blue swimsuit, a large towel draped around me. I never liked my legs; I was very self conscious about it. I trotted to the other side of the pool, keeping my eyes on the chaotic kids as they ascended into the pool; a life guard on hand just in case. I spread out the extra towel, sitting on. It was a sweltering day and I internally groaned, wishing the day would end and I’d be able to go home. I tore my eyes off from the kid’s party, inspecting the rest of the pool. I saw this tall girl with dark brown hair, so straight and falling past her shoulders. She was holding onto a little boy’s hand, helping him into the pool. She looks pretty and much better in a swim suit than I do.

“Hello,” I heard a chirpy voice. I turned my head so quickly that I cricked my neck. Firstly I saw a pair of legs, and then I looked up to see a beaming Caroline in a lovely red swimsuit, hugging her figure perfectly. I envied Caroline so much, any boy would be lucky to have her as a girlfriend, but she always said she didn’t have time for boys. Behind her stood Nathan and Jackson like body guards; their arms crossed over their chests in their swimming trunks.

Caroline sidled down beside me; her long legs sprawled on the towel.

“What are you doing here?” I ask, wrapping my towel tightly around myself. Caroline flicked her head back, her hair flowing gently in the breeze. “Well, what could be worse than being at a kid’s birthday party, we’re here to entertain you.” She chimed in a cheerful tone, just like a host of a reality TV show.

“Man, I haven’t been swimming since…since…forever,” Jackson exclaimed followed by a bark-like laugh. I stood up quickly, my towel falling off me, uncovering my legs that I hated. I grimaced covering myself again.

“Let’s go to the diving board,” said Jackson excitedly to Nathan. I walked closer to Nathan; actually I hopped with my towel on me.

“Why are you here? I thought you’d have much better things to do.” I whispered so only he could hear, then again there were yells of crazy children, it’s a wonder he heard me at all.

“Not really, Alison’s got it all under control and besides-” he stretches his long arms, “-I love swimming, come on let’s go to the diving board.” He swings for my hand, taking hold of my wrist before I can protest, but my other arm swings free from holding up my towel and I knock Jackson head first into the pool. He resurfaces, spluttering and producing huge ripples in the water.

Caroline and Nathan roared with laughter along with a few other strangers. I kneeled down beside the pool, looking contritely at him.

“I’m sorry Jackson,” I say over Nathan’s laughs.

“No worries,” he coughs, climbing out of the pool. Nathan took my hand again, flicking his head to the diving board.

“No, I can’t dive.” I admit. He turns around and looks at me.

“You can’t dive?” He asks.

“I can’t dive.” I repeat.

“Nope, she can’t dive.” chirps Caroline along with us.

“She can’t dive?” yells Jackson, quizzically.

“If another person repeats that I can’t dive, I will throw them off the diving board myself.” I snarl, contemptuously.

I watch them for a bit. Jackson begins to snigger, saying “She can’t dive!” very loudly to my annoyance then running off to the diving board to save himself.

I grumble, crossing my arms. Nathan smiles fondly at me, his blue eyes shining. My eyes wander to his body, his nicely toned torso, those sexy abs. He folds his arms too, copying my actions; his large biceps flexing. I remembered how he’d held me in those tough arms a week ago.

“Why don’t you dive? Did you ever learn?” Nathan raises an eyebrow, but his smile was still kind and concerned.

I pouted, sighing as I do so. “I used to dive, but one time I fell off, embarrassing myself.” I grumble. I hadn’t forgotten that horrible day. I loved to dive, in fact I’d call myself a pro but one dreaded day, my foot slipped from the soaked diving board, hitting my head on my way down to the water. People helped me out but I was also laughed at, after that I hated diving and swimming altogether.

“Come on, we’ll dive together.” He outstretches his hand; I gawp at it before I put my petite hand in his. His finger gently closed around my hand, they were warm and soft. We walked to where Jackson just dived off. I gingerly climbed the ladder, looking down to see Nathan closely following me. His hair was already wet with water droplets falling to the floor. The soaked blonde hair stuck to his forehead very sexily.

-Nathan Blake-

We stood at the top, Belle standing closely next to me, her exposed arm touching mine and I felt her tense up. It seemed like she was scared of heights because she cautiously stepped away from the edge of the board.

“I can’t,” she breathes, clasping onto my arm.

“Yes you can,” I whisper reassuringly to her. “Just jump,” I simply say, parting myself from her, breathing in the cool air, closing my eyes and jumping off the board, diving in headfirst before my head hit the water. I was completely submerged when there was another splash close me and I saw a pair of legs thrashing underwater. I swam to the top, pushing my hair back and spluttering the water in my mouth.

I look up to see Belle on the diving board but it was deserted. I looked to my side and it turns out that she’d jumped in moments after me. She was grinning, her smile going from one ear to the other. I floated towards her, my arms wrapping around her waist.

“See,” I say brightly, “wasn’t hard, was it?”

She shakes her head and a cute smile plastered onto her face. Her arms coiled around my neck, tickling the nape of my neck. Her chest heaves rapidly from the heavy breathing, her eyes blinking several times as they flickered from my eyes and lips. I held on tighter now that our bodies touched, the tip of her nose grazing mine. I kissed her gently, my hands trailing down her back. She passionately kissed back, an amorous sensation passed through me; I slipped my tongue in since she willingly let me. I was aware of my groan as is turned quite fierce, her hand gliding down my arms then caressing my torso.

“Oi, no kissing in the pool,” bellowed a life guard, blowing the whistle from his neck that sent a shrill sound ringing across the room. We broke apart, Belle timidly swimming back to the pool side. I curse at the life guard inside my head, closely following Belle back to Caroline and Jackson.

-Isabelle Blake-

 I climbed back onto the towel next to Caroline. Ashamed that we got caught kissing and we were stupid enough to kiss at a public pool.

“Hey look,” Jackson points at the girl I saw before with the straight hair and the little boy. “It’s Andrea.”

 She saw us, recognition crossing her face and she waved. I see Nathan gingerly wave back very unenthusiastically. She beamed at him then turned back to the little boy.

“Andrea?” I ask, surprised that this girl actually knew Nathan or Nathan knew her. Scratch that, I shouldn’t be too shocked at this; Nathan had dated many girls which only made me feel like I was the last in a long line.

But you married him, you win this. I thought. I snapped the very weird thought out of my head, looking at Jackson and Nathan for answers.

“Andrea, er, she’s Nathan’s ex.”Jackson shrugs.

“Oh” I say to myself, watching her splash the young kid next to her. I try not to look too annoyed or hurt. I lie down next to Caroline, wiping the water off with my towel and sending furtive glares at Andrea.

***

-Isabelle Blake-

I clambered out of Nathan’s car hurriedly, hoping my mom wouldn't see us because I couldn’t put up with anymore Nathan talk from her. Every time she mentions him I’m so close to shouting the truth at her, but that isn’t best way to break the news.

I looked up at Nathan, his hair still damp and his t-shirt was sticking to his body, outlining his abs. I have to admit he is hot. I get flustered and feel my cheeks burning up. Thank god it’s dark and the lamp near us was out for the whole week. After the kid’s party, we all went out for pizza. It was such a memorable moment where I forgot all my worries. I didn’t want it to end.

“Thank for dropping me off home again,” I say, Graham already up the porch step, banging down the door. I yell at him to stop because I have keys but the doors open already, my dad tousling my brother’s hair, then his gaze on us. I turn back to Nathan, the array of stars light up the night sky, the sparkling shine reflecting in his eyes.

“That’s my dad,” I say in a slight sing song voice, wishing Nathan doesn’t try and kiss me in front of him.

“Yup,” he chuckles, hands in his pockets. He turns to his car with one last smile at me, before he leaves in his white Ferrari. I march up the steps to the door, my dad still standing there, shutting the door behind me after I’m in.

“Was that Nathan?” he questions immediately. I don’t even have time to breathe when my mom saunters into the hallway.

“Nathan? Was he here?” She asks and Graham appears from the kitchen.

“Yeah, he gave us a lift home.” He said casually, tapping away at his phone in front of mom and dad. What is he doing?

“Where did you get that, young man?” my mom puts her hands on her hips, narrowing her eyes at him.

“Nathan gave it to me, y’know, now that we’re pals.” He grins cheerily.

I scoff. “Pals? I’m sure Belle and Nathan are pals, why is he buying you a phone? Give it back to him.” My mom orders, pointing a finger at Graham.

“No fair, Nathan bought Belle an iPhone.” He whines and I shoot him a cold glare, telling him that I’d kill him later. I smile at my mom, my dad clearing his throat behind me.

“What is this? Nathan is a sweet guy, he bought our house and we finally paid the bills, but you’re taking gifts off him too? Even you Belle?” he stares at me and I sigh.

“It’s not like that, Mom.” I charge upstairs, catching a glimpse of mom snatching Graham’s phone off him.

I slammed my bedroom door shut, groaning in frustration. I can’t keep this up any longer, I have to tell them. I lean back on my messy bed that I hadn’t made. I had to tell them. There was a knock on my door, without reply my mom entered, sitting next to me.

“You’re phone?” She asks and I breathe impatiently.

“My old phone broke, that’s why he bought me it.” I explain which was true. I had unfortunately smashed my phone before the wedding.

“Okay, well I’ll be giving back Nathan Graham’s phone.” She says. I face her ready to tell her the truth, about everything. I really needed to get it off my chest.

“Mom, I need to tell you something,”

She furrows her eyebrows but she smiled at me. “What is it, honey?”

There were so many voices inside my head creating an internal battle, almost making me feel sick too. I felt a headache coming on, wanting to cry out loud. Mom gave me an encouraging smile and I smiled back.

“I-I-I dived off the diving board today,” I chuckle lightly and she squeals.

“You did?” she chirps. She knew how I stopped swimming because of that accident.

I nod at her, leaning my head on her shoulders while she brushes my hair slowly. Her fingernails grazed my scalp, her warm breath on my forehead.

“I have to go down now, your dad might have found another job in a restaurant as a chef.” She tells me, jumping up from the bed and disappearing from my room.

I became anxious in the last minute. God, I’m such a coward. I wanted to slap myself before being such a chicken. My head hit my pillow, I instantly felt drowsy that I decided to take a nap, the thought of Nathan’s birthday lingering in my head before I fell asleep.

***

-Nathan Blake-

I’d stopped at Starbucks and given my order. I tapped my car keys on the counter; the smell of fresh coffee was a pleasant aroma. I watched the Starbucks staff rush around and the red-haired girl who’d taken my order, was handling my cup of coffee. I wished she’d hurry up so I could head home. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I spun around. It was Ruby with her straight light brown hair with a red streak in it. Her lips coated in deep read lipstick and a blinding smile, showcasing her teeth.

“Hi Nathan,” she said softly when a girl asked her for her order. She asked for a caffe mocha then turned back to me, her smile faltering now.

“Nathan, I’m really sorry what happened that day. That kiss…it was wrong and all my fault. I’m sorry.” She says remorsefully. There was a bright gleam in her eye as her smile appeared again.

“Yeah,” I nod when the red-haired girl hands me my coffee. I turn to leave but Ruby grasps onto my shirt, pulling me back abruptly, but not hard enough to make me coffee spill.

“Do you forgive me?” She asked, tears in her eyes. I felt something in the pit of my stomach but I wasn’t sure what. It reminded me of how I asked Belle for forgiveness, for the exact kiss being discussed now. My teeth clenched but I nodded at her. “Yeah,”

I pull my arm back, give a weak smile and ambling out of the shop. I clicked my car open, placing my coffee in the drinks holder. I didn’t start the car though, instead my phone beeped and I dug into my pocket to check it. It was from Alison; Uncle Alan was back at the house, again. He’d been to our house every day of the week since he arrived. He talked about the business and how the London reports showed negative feedback of the business. He’d persuaded my mother that in a couple of days we’d head out to London to make sure the business stays good. I reluctantly agreed since the reports did look bad.

I started the engine and drove off to deal with my Uncle.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Soooooo?! Was is good or bad?! Lemme know :) Thanks x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 384 53
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS IN NEED OF EDITING. READ ABOUT CLICHE EVENTS AND EXPERIENCE PLOT HOLES AT YOUR OWN RISK "The kiss that started everything yeste...
3.2K 202 30
When Taylor starts as the first aider for her town's hockey team, never did she imagine, she might end up finding love too. ~~~~ Taylor West has drea...
22.3K 1.6K 9
When Daniela Simmons' younger sister enters her name in a reality TV dating show, the last thing she expects is to be randomly chosen among 39,000 en...
208 10 9
Evie was a dreamer, a lover of the written word. She was known for her wild imagination, her endless stories, and her love for literature. But as muc...