Say I Love You

By KshemaKurup

It's your racing heart. The wild excitement of seeing them. The countless conversations you share with them... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1- Her And Him
Chapter 2- Lonely Nights Without You
Chapter 3- Would you care for a cup of COFFEE?
Chapter 4- Regret and Hope
Chapter 5- What does camp hold for me?
Chapter 6- OH HELL NO!
Chapter 7- Cabin Mates
Chapter 8- A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chapter 9- Jealousy
Chapter 10- Karaoke Night
Chapter 11- If you're happy and you know it-clap your hands!
Chapter 12- SPLASH!
Chapter 13- Heart Broken
Chapter 14- Questions, Promises and Secrets
Chapter 15 - Fooling Around
Chapter 16- Love On The Side Lines
Chapter 18- Troubles
Chapter 19- Campfire
Chapter 20- Tears and Joy
Chapter 21- Reading Between The Lines
Chapter 22- Don't Kiss And Tell
Chapter 23- Tough Choices
Chapter 24- A Night To Remember
Chapter 25- Say I Love You

Chapter 17- Girl Talk

2.4K 51 8
By KshemaKurup

  Warning: This chapter is really very short. (Sorry for that!)

But still hope you love it all the same. :)

ENJOY! :D 

-------------------------------- -.- ------------------------------

                           Chapter 17- Girl Talk

                                                   Clea

I stifled back a yawn. Rubbing my eyes vigorously and holding on to my teddy bear with one arm, I looked at Stacey sleepily.

“Is it already time to get up mummy?” I asked her in a cute baby voice.

Stacey raised an eyebrow but played along.

“It sure is baby girl. Now let’s get up and have a fun fun day.” She said in a very energetic voice. She turned to the others and shouted, “Okay girls, GET UP!” Translation: MEN! GET UP! AND ASSEMBLE BEFORE ME!

Kate kept mumbling something like “Five more minutes Captain”.  Diana pulled the sheets over her head and Aria just turned to her side. Sally was tying her shoelace already. I wondered what time it was. I looked out of my window and could see the sun just rising in the horizon. No wonder they were all asleep.

Hey, wait a minute... Why the heck am I wide awake?!

No no this is so wrong! I am usually the last person to get up!!

I thought back to the previous day and found the reason for my restlessness.

Jessica.

As much as I tried, I could not rid myself of the memory of her crying in that dark room. Okay, she totally was something that rhymed with witch, but that didn't mean I could stop myself from feeling sorry for her.

She looked so pitiful, sad and lonely. I would have added weak to my list of adjectives for her but no.... Jessica was not weak. Not after the way she lashed out at me.

You have to choose. You’re just hurting both of them. If you hurt Nathaniel again... I’ll... I’LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!

Jessica's words came back to me painfully.

I was hurting them. Nathaniel and Adrian.

You like it don't you. All the attention.

No... No that's not true! I don't!

You like playing with them.

“NOOOOO!” I yelled out, holding my head in my hands like I had a bad hangover.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up into Stacey's concerned gaze. I saw Sally behind her, looking at me.

“Hey, are you alright?” Stacey inquired.

“Yeah... I'm fine... Sorry...” I mumbled

Stacey just looked at me intently like she was trying to read my mind.

“You know Clea...” Stacey told me softly, “I’m here if you need me. I'm not just your counsellor; I'm your friend too.”

I gave her a small smile, “Thanks Stace. But I'm fine.” Liar liar pants on fire. “Really, I am.” I said, trying to block out the stupid voice in my head.

Stacey gave me a smile and turned to wake up the others. Count on them not to wake up when there was someone screaming. Speaking of which.... I got up and looked into the upper bunk. My supposed BFF who was currently snoring her nose off (not really) was still asleep!

Now I can't allow that to continue, can I?

“Aria wake up.” I whispered into her ear.

Aria caught hold of my arm and started hugging it. “Oh, naughty naughty Ally-bear.” Aria giggled and said, still really fast asleep.

Hmm... Aria was really cute when she was asleep. Like a lee-tul ang-al! Maybe I should wake her up softly.

“WAKE UP ARIA! ALEX WAS KILLED BY A RABID SQUIRREL!”

Aria jumped and almost fell off her bed. I burst out laughing when Diana actually fell off hers with her sheets wrapped around her. Kate jumped up and yelled, “COOL!!!!”

I really need to have a talk with that girl later.

“Oh my god! Where!?” Aria asked me worriedly and caught hold of my hand.

“In the woods...” I told her seriously, “Alex was collecting nuts for you and the squirrel yelled, “ You ain't taking any of my nuts boy!” and bit him hard on his nuts.”

Aria looked confused for a minute and then realization took hold of her.

“Alex went to get nuts for me?! Ooooh that's so sweet of him!”

I slapped my forehead with my hand.

“No, you idiot! I-” The rest of my sentence was cut off when Aria started hitting my head with her pillow.

“I know...” POW! “You idiot!”  POW! “I’m not such a dufus!”

“AHA!” I moved away and pointed a finger at her, “But you admit to being one!”

Aria answered me with a pillow to my head.

“PILLOW FIGHT!” Kate screamed and started hitting Diana (who was still struggling to get out of her sheets) with a pillow.

“ONE DAY!” Stacey screamed, “JUST ONE DAY WHEN YOU WOULD ALL LISTEN TO ME. THAT'S ALL THAT I ASK FOR.”

Kate, Aria and I looked at each other and grinned wickedly.

“ATTACK!” We yelled and pounced on Stacey who was screaming, “I’M YOUR COUNSELLOR! YOU’RE FREAKING COUNSELLOR.”

“Help me!” Diana yelled and Sally rushed to her side.

Finally after about ten minutes of hitting each other, we collapsed, laughing our hearts out. Stacey got up and glared at the three of us. Diana sulked in the corner while Sally smiled gently.

“That's it! You guys get five minutes to pack and meet the group by the lake. Not a second more, not a second less.” Stacey told us strictly and walked out in a huff, ignoring our pleas for more time.

“Only five minutes!” Diana shrieked, “How am I going to finish my make up in time!” And she started to ramble through her make up kit.

“Di, I don't think the bugs or the bears are going to be impressed with how great you look.” Kate told her.

“Bugs....” Diana said, her face turning white, “B-Bears...”

Kate grinned wickedly.

“Oh yes Diana. Bugs and bears and other creepy crawlies. I heard someone say that there were bats in the woods. Not to mention maggots crawling out of the ground. The ground... The same ground we'll be sleeping on tonight.”

“Kate, save your horror stories for the camp fire.” Aria said.

I wasn't excited about sleeping on the ground either but not as much as Diana. Diana gave us a look of pure terror and ran out of the cabin in search for Stacey.

“STACEEEEEEE! I DON'T WANNA GO!” Diana yelled out.

Kate roared with laughter while Sally started ticking her off for scaring Diana. I stared at Sally, shock evident on my face. Sally noticed me staring at her and she quickly turned to her packing.

“Hey Aria...” I whispered and Aria came closer to me, “Is it just me or has Sally changed a bit.”

Aria nodded her head and answered, “I was thinking of the same thing. I wonder what happened....”

“ONE MINUTE LEFT GIRLS!” Stacey told us through the window.

I quickly turned my attention to getting ready, promising myself to talk to Aria more when I finished.

“I hope we are in the same tent.” Aria grinned at me.

“Ya me too. That would be so awesome.” I told her excitedly.

“Ten... Nine... Eight...” Stacey started counting off.

“Oh shit! Anyone see my other sock?” Kate asked us, hoping around on one foot.

“Three... Two... ONE! THAT'S IT! ALL OF YOU OUT!” Stacey came in and started pulling us out. Man, the girl was strong.

                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                               Nathaniel

“Give... me... a... break... Dell!” I told him in between breaths.

“Just one more round Nath, come on be a man, you wuss!” He shouted, already about a hundred meters ahead of me.

“Haven't you heard about taking it slow?! We've been running for an hour!” I yelled back and my knees buckled. I fell on my sweet behind and stayed there, trying to get my breath back.

Dell muttered something about unhealthy teenagers leading to obesity and jogged back to me.

“You need to get into shape man. My grandma in a wheelchair could beat you in a running race.” Dell told me.

“Hey! I'm not that bad.” I exclaimed.

“Dude, if you were the only person in a running race... You would still come second!” Dell said, throwing his arms in the air.

“Not if I'm with that guy.” I pointed into the distance, and we turned to look at the bulky figure reaching us.

“Huff... Huff... I... Need...Something... To... Eat...” Jack said and fell down next to me, totally knocked out. “Mars Bars... Snickers... M&Ms... Anything...”

“Dude... Jack is.... Well, Jack is Jack. You must be really low to compare yourself with him.” Dell told me. I nodded and received a “hey!” of annoyance from Jack.

“Hello ladies. Feeling tired already, are we?” Alex reached us and grinned.

“Just because you're like a hormonal bunny on drugs doesn’t mean you can piss us off man.” I told Alex, who was currently stretching next to me, not breaking a sweat.

“Basket Ball...” Alex told us in a saintly voice, “Keeps you in shape. You should try it Jack. It's better than candy any day.”

I turned to look at Jack, who had a “Just kill me already” expression on his face. I stifled back a laugh.

“Now this is a real MAN!”  Dell turned a pointed to Alex with both his forefingers. “Ain't that right brother!” And the both engaged in some weird bro hug which looked like they were trying to get each other's shirt off.

“Oh this Love.” I told them sarcastically, “Makes you feel, so happy and GAY!”

“Says the guy who drops dead after one round of jogging.” Dell said.

“ONE HOUR!” I yelled at him. Dell just waved his hand, dismissing me.

I started yelling at him while he started imitating a girl twirling around holding her frock. Alex was clutching his stomach in laughter when Dell turned to me batting his eyelashes and pouted out his lips, asking for a kiss.

“Hey guys...” Jack said.

We turned to look at him. Jack was lying sprawled on his back on the ground with a look of utter discomfort on his face.

“Um... Help me up, won't you. I can't... I... Can't get up.” He told us embarrassed.

We all laughed and helped him on to his feet.

                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So what do you think is going to happen in the woods.” I asked the guys back in the cabin.

Dell was throwing on a shirt and he replied, “Romance boys. This is OUR time. Our time to shine.”

I grinned at him, “So you worked out that you like Kate then?”

“I can't believe it took me this long to figure out.” Dell grinned back.

“Whoa... Wait a minute... You like Kate? Kate the girl who put worms up her nose for fun when we were kids. That Kate.” Jack asked with shock.

“The very same, bro.” Dell said and sighed.

I looked over to Alex and saw him making gagging faces behind Dell's back. I chuckled, I should record him with Aria. He wouldn't be so quick to make fun of other guys in love then.

“So did you tell her?” Jack asked Dell.

“BRO!” Dell exclaimed, “You shouldn't give your game away so soon my man. You wanna keep the ladies guessing.”

Jack nodded seriously and I half expected him to start taking notes.

“The trick lies, my friend...” Dell told us seriously, “In keeping the ladies wanting for more. A small smile here, a sweet gesture there and they'll be all over you.”

“That's not true!” Alex exclaimed. “You should tell them that you love them and if they love you back, then you cherish them and look after them and be always there by their side.” A mystic expression overcame Alex's face.

Dell turned to us and pointed at Alex with his thumb, “And that's the main reason people think Alex is gay.” He then whispered, “Personally, I think it's a miracle that Aria agreed to be his girlfriend. Maybe she has low self-esteem. Anyhow....” The rest of Dell's words were drowned in Alex's war cry when he threw himself on Dell with a series of punches.

“Hey, let go of Master!” Jack yelled and started pulling Alex away. When Alex finally went to the corner to sulk, Jack turned to Dell and said, “Master Dell… Please continue to share your insight on the female species with us.” He ended by giving Dell a bow and a Namaste.

Dell rubbed his shoulder and glared at Alex.

“Yes please... Continue Dell.” I told him with my chin in my hand, “I would love to hear what you've got to say.”

Dell grinned, “Now if you haven't been falling over yourself for your girl...Like someone we know.” He turned and looked at Alex who was still sulking, “Then make her come to you. It's all in the details boys. Just give a couple of sentences with loose ends. “Ah yes... I do like someone, but...” or “You’re so sweet, I wish...” those are the type of things that have girls dying to read your mind.”

Jack was nodding his head furiously.

“And how do you get the girl to fall for you?” I asked Dell with a smile.

“Ah..Now that's the tricky part. You see, girls are always looking out for guys who can be potential mates. It's in their genes. That's why, always put your best foot forward. Make sure she has more pros for you than cons.”

“What if someone else has an eye on your girl?” A voice asked.

We turned to look at its source. Leaning against the door, with an amused smirk on his face was Adrian. He directed the question to Dell but I knew he was watching me. My expression hardened, how long had he been standing there?

“Well...” Dell grinned, “Let the better man win.”

“Yup. That's what I thought.” Adrian said, looking at me.

----------------------------- -.- ------------------------------------

Like always,

Please leave your comments and votes if you enjoyed this chapter. :D 

Next update is going to be a lot longer (I can promise you that).

This was just a filler actually.

Was very busy the whole week.

Thanks for reading. :D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101 13 28
When you're depressed and get dragged to a summer camp and nothing makes sense yet a lot happens. I once read that 'dying' is an art. Dying feels lik...
966 65 18
You never think that you could miss the little things like the smell of grass or the sun on your skin. The feeling of swimming or the sound of the ra...
5.7K 161 11
Levi Miller. The boy Kennedy has known since she was 6, her brothers best friend. She hasn't seen him in a couple years, until now. It makes for a p...
80.8K 2.1K 60
Emma has been hopelessly crushing on her brother's best friend since as long as she can remember. One summer, she is suddenly offered the opportunity...