Blinded by their betrayal

By reshell90

Growing up in a broken household, Shelby had Chase the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. Or so she thought... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 17

36 1 0
By reshell90

"Shelby, I'm growing impatient here. We have to go now, or you will miss your graduation missy!" My aunt Gloria was yelling at the bottom of the staircase.

"Girls I have to go now." I was on facetime with the girls. "I'm coming Ria." 

I couldn't believe it has been six whole years since I left. I remember when I arrived at my aunt's, I was a wreck after reading Nicholas's text. 

After a whole bunch of crying and ice cream tubs, we came up with the best idea ever. My aunt  invited my family over for new year's, that's when she sold mom the brilliant idea of me finishing up my high school years at St. Claire's private school for girls. She used her daughter as an example, Wendy went to St. Claire's, and she got accepted into many prestige collages; she was now a successful architect. 

At first my parents said it was way too expensive and they weren't keen on the idea of not having me live with them, but my aunt persuaded them with the  godmother speech and promised she would make sure I visited them as much as possible. 

I visited my parents only once a year, the first time my aunt drove me to my parents, and I drove Optimus back, I couldn't leave him behind. Steven visited us every school holiday and we got to do so much. I facetimed my family and friends every chance I got; I told the girls the same thing we told my parents. They were sad that I was moving, but we made a pact to stay in touch and they even came over to visit me a few times.

In the years that passed; my parents were doing so good, dad never let alcohol touch his lips again. My genius little brother was now in the 12th grade, he even had a girlfriend. I was proud of my brother for picking such a sweet girl like Cassie. She was almost immediately part of the family, she came a long on school holidays with Steven and fitted right in. Her parents loved Steven, they called him their future son in-law.

Kazelynn and Randal was celebrating four years of being married, we got to be apart of the wedding, they're expecting their first child; she is a realtor. Amanda also went to college on a full bursary, she studied to be an accountant and didn't have anyone special in her life. Mandy and Timmy were engaged, she helped her mother run their family bakery and Timmy was working as rigger on the mine. 

And Nicholas, I haven't heard from him ever since his message  six years ago. I remember staring a whole in my phone's screen so many times wanting to call him, but his safety was more important. I ended up sitting on the beach one night and before I could drunk dial him, I threw my phone in the ocean. Not the most mature thing I know and even though I instantly regretted it and went bat crazy begging the Lord to find it, it helped as I would not be strong enough to resist  the urge of calling him always.  I only asked Mandy about him on Kaz's wedding night, I couldn't bear not knowing. She said he joined the army after high school and that he was doing good, Timmy said he was seeing someone. Explaining the pain I felt knowing he moved on would be impossible, but what did I expect I left him. I would get to live with that pain forever.

As for my tournaments well it didn't go very well for them. Jessica didn't finish school because Chase knocked her up. He started doing drugs and left Jessica alone most of the time with two children, he ended up beating her to the point of near death. He got arrested a year ago for attempted murder, he had to serve 25 years. Jessica and her two daughters moved back in with her parents, she got a job as a bartender. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her, despite everything. Ria said I was a better person than her, because she would be ecstatic that Jessica got exactly what was coming to her. But to me, no one deserved to go through that.

Today I was getting my bachelor's degree in education., I decided teaching was my calling.

=====================================================

When I got downstairs my parents, my brother, my aunt, and uncle were waiting outside for me. I hugged my parents and Steven.

I noticed a bright red Ford in the driveway. "Wow dad, your new ride?" I wiggled my eyes at him.

"No, it's yours."

I looked at all the smiling faces around me and back to my dad. "Mine?"

"Yes, Shell yours, all of us chipped in to get you a graduation gift. Do you like it?" Mom said.

I jumped up and down like a toddler who had too much sugar. "Thank you! Thank you! This must've cost a fortune!" I hugged everyone.

"You are worth it; we are so proud of you sweetheart." Uncle Pierre said when I hugged him.

"You guys, all of you already do so much for me! But thank you, I will take such good care of it." I stared crying; it was happy tears.

I hugged dad, he hugged me tighter. "It's a Ford Fiesta ST, but we will talk about the specs later."

"Wow sis, you are going to turn heads with this beauty."

I hugged him and took Optimus's keys out of my purse, tossing them to him. "That I am kid, and you can finally take Cassie on dates with your own car."

"Are you kidding me? You rock sis, I'll take such good care of him!" he pulled me in for another hug.

"Alright people, we have to go now!" my aunt said.

Everyone headed to their cars. I walked over to her and hugged her again. "Ria, thank you. You know? For everything, I couldn't have done this without you. I owe you so much!"

She cried and smiled. "I will do it all over again, I am very proud of the beautiful young woman you have become sweetie!"

Graduation was awesome, we went to a restaurant after to celebrate. I kept thinking how blessed I was to have these people in my life.

I moved back to my parents house only for a short time, because I got a job at one of the schools I applied to. 

Me and Amanda, who was working at a large financial firm ended up moving in together, our apartment was perfect. We lived on the ground floor and that meant we were closer to the beautiful gardens, I got to read books surrounded by the breathtaking scenery.

===============================================================

"See you next week! Remember your homework assignment, no late submissions will be accepted!" I yelled as the kids was leaving class after the bell rang.

Teaching was my calling; I loved every bit of it. Being offered a permanent position with full benefits, teaching History and English to 8th graders was God sent.

I was packing up my stuff when my phone rang, it was Mandy.

"Hey Mands, I'm packing up. If your calling to remind me of the banner, I've already picked it up." We were throwing Kaz a very late baby shower in a week as their angel Riley decided on coming into the world way too early, we had to postpone the shower as Kaz and Randal spent so much time in hospital waiting for Riley to get better and breathe on her own and get to take her home eventually. I was in charge of a few things, including a very special banner made especially for this occasion. 

"Shell." She was crying and couldn't get words out.

"Mands, breathe tell me what's wrong?"

I could hear her trying to focus on her breathing. "Grams didn't make it, she's dead." 

"Ah I am so sorry to hear Mands, do you want me to come over?"

"Please, we're at the bakery."

"Okay, I'll be there soon."

I was gutted, Grandma Rose was such an awesome lady. I only visited her and aunty Zorka once when I moved back and they were doing so well. I felt so guilty for not making more time, but that's the thing with guilt it always comes too late.

I made coffee and tea for everyone and drove Mandy home later as Timmy had to get back to work to make sure everything was locked up. We settled on the sofa talking about Grandma Rose and all the memories we had of her, it made us cry and laugh. Timmy joined us when he got home, Mandy instantly felt a little bit better having him with her. I looked at them and even though I was so happy that the two of them found each other, I wished I also had what they had with someone.

"I think I'm going to call it a night, Shell thanks so much for being here." Mandy said with a sad tiring smile. "Babe, why don't you make you two one more of your delicious cups of Cocoa?"

"Oh as much as I have to admit, the man does make a mean cup of cocoa, I need to get home." 

"I'll walk you out." Timmy offered.

"Alright, thanks. Mands; if you need anything please call me. Will you?" I hugged her.

She hugged me tightly. "I promise I will. Thank you for being here Shell."

"Anytime."

Timmy walked me to my car. "Shelby now is probably not the right time to tell you, but I thought you should be the first to know as you will be Mandy's maid of honor at our wedding."

"Okay?" I raised my eyebrows waiting for him to continue.

He cleared his throat. "Well my brother was going to be my best man, because I asked Nick and he wasn't sure if he would make it. He phoned me earlier and said he would make it and be honored to be my best man."

"Does he know I am in the wedding also?" It was honestly the only words I could get out at the moment.

"He does and he assured me he was fine with it and that he has moved on, he will be bringing his girlfriend. I just thought telling you in advance would be better than you finding out from someone else."

"Oh yeah no, I understand completely. Thank you for telling me Timmy, I appreciate it."

Driving home I felt so pathetic for crying, it has been more than six years and I was a grown ass women crying over a man who told me he loved me when we were teenagers. But I felt even more pathetic for still feeling what I did. I had to start getting out there, maybe I could take William up on his offer to take me on a date. He was the head coach of the rugby team and a decent guy, the fact that he almost resembled Henry Cavil didn't hurt.  

The week was busy, I ended up asking William if the date offer was still a possibility. He assured me that it was and we made plans for Saturday.

Mandy asked me and the girls to help with some of the funeral arrangements and it was such a privilege for us. The funeral was set on Wednesday morning at Grandma Rose's church, and everything was arranged and finalized.

On the day of the funeral me and Amanda offered to hand out the funeral booklets at the door. I wasn't surprised that there were so many people attending Grandma Rose's funeral, it was clear she had made an impact on a lot of people. As we were handing them out aunty Zorka came walking in, I instantly hugged her tightly and we stood there for a while.

"Shelby darling, such an unfortunate way to meet up. Trust Rose to leave me behind to fend for myself." She was smiling, but I could see that humor was her way of getting through this. "How have you been?"

I felt such warmth when she put her hand on my cheek. "It is very unfortunate aunty Zorka. And I've been doing well thank you, how about you? Are you here alone?"

"Heavens no my license got suspended after I reversed into the garbage bin at the grocery store. My grandson, Cole brought me here. He went to park the car, he should be here anytime now."

Amanda sounded like she was choking, when I looked at her she was pointing in the direction of the church gates. I turned my focus to the gates and it felt as if time stood still, he was walking towards us. Damn he looked so good, he aged like a fine wine. I know he saw me, but he never made eye contact with me. But what could I expect after everything? Aunty Zorka turned to him and smiled.

"Cole, I was just saying you would be here shortly. This is Shelby, she is Aunt Rose's granddaughter Mandy's friend. Shelby, meet my dashing grandson Cole."

Oh Lord, aunty Zorka's Cole was my Nicholas

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 24 36
" For years, It was only us. I can't believe she lied to us. She was a traitor to our kind. I would never forgive that back stabbing bitch!!" Transfe...
3.2K 336 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
5.7K 686 61
And when I had informed Finn of my obvious concerns, - He had pulled me up against him so close that I could feel his breath on my cheek, - and whisp...
2M 53.6K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...