world's edge。

By edenia

┊͙ 「welcome to world's edge。」 ⠀⠀ ー one-shots book、 requests are closed ! More

requests here [CLOSED]
wraith • reader | 7 minutes in heaven
bloodhound • mirage | timid
mirage • reader | second chance
wraith • reader | flustered
bloodhound • mirage | never let go
bangalore • reader | respect [1]
mirage • reader | revelation
revival of this book
crypto • reader | crush
bangalore • reader | intimacy
crypto • reader | outsmarted
crypto • reader | thin ice
crypto • reader | thin ice ii

lifeline • reader | comfortability

3K 37 13
By edenia

eeee i don't have any requests but i wanna write so here we are oof
l/n stands for legend name, so just make one if you'd like!
also reader's gender wont be mentioned so u can have it as whatever you want :)

word count: 1672

I sat nervously near the back of the drop-ship, my leg bouncing as a result of my nerve. Come on, you've been here before... you've done this all before. But you'll win this time.. I said inside my head, trying to comfort myself. I kept rambling thoughts in my head before I felt a hand on my leg, stopping its movement.

Shocked, I looked up to see Lifeline, my squadmate looking at me, worried. "Are you okay?" She asked, her tone filled with concern.
I hesitated before sighing, "No. I just- I don't know why I've gone like this all of a sudden. Sorry."

"No, it's okay. Look, we've got each other. And Elliot." She signalled over to Mirage, who was fixing his hair in a small hand mirror. He looked over, winked and went back to his hair.

"It's too late to go back. The only way is forward now. We can do this." I told her, my breathing slightly steadying. She smiled at me, "That's the spirit."

I turned away awkwardly. I could never talk to her properly. I've had the biggest crush on her for so long but was never brace enough to drop any hints or flirt with her. It made me feel like a coward, really. All my friends teased me about it mercilessly.

Not long after, the Outlands was sliding under us. Elliot was jumpmaster. I marked the Artillery Battery, wanting to get in on the good loot fast and possibly pick up a few kills if we were lucky. Ajay agreed and so did Elliot. We all jumped out at once, Elliot in lead, diving down towards the picked spot.

We landed perfectly and before anyone else. Quickly rushing in, I grabbed a Prowler and ammunition as well as shields. I kept running, opening and closing the doors behind me to cover up tracks. I could hear the distant gunshots and not long after, the familiar voice came, "Attention: First Blood." From my earpiece, I heard Ajay comment, "First blood... The battle happens quick, be ready."

I picked up a G7 and some consumables before running over to where my other squad mates were. The other squads had either retreated away or were hiding around somewhere. "Let's get in the main building and go down through the tunnels." Elliot suggested. I nodded, grasping the Prowler to my chest as we began swiftly moving towards the designated spot.

A while later, we were at Cascades, a center area consisting of many small houses. Not an ideal landing spot, just secondary loot as many people rotated there after their landing. We were camping on the second floor of the one highest up the mounting, Elliot watching the Hill while Ajay watched the Bunker. We hadn't seen any activity and it had been strangely quiet. Our loadout was strong and we were pretty secure.

Ajay holstered her gun and crouched down against the wall. "I'm bored. It's been so silent... so unusual." She announced, running her hands on her hair. I agreed and kneeled down next to her.

"Alright, just let me do both sides, I guess." Elliot remarked sarcastically. I giggled at his slight annoyance, "You'll be fine. We won't get flanked here, it's okay."

"Sure. But if we all die to a tiny grenade, I'm blaming you when we see each other after the match." He pointed his fingers at us before turning back to the window and pointing his sniper out, scanning the area.

"Well, it's not too bad... I've got you on my team. It could've been worse." Ajay said, her eyes on me. I felt myself heating up, giddy at her remark. "I could've... gotten unlucky and been stuck with only him."

"Now, that would be a nightmare." I said loudly, looking at Mirage's back. He looked over his shoulder and stuck his tongue out at me before turning back. "Stop distracting me. It's inson- inconsi- i- in- it's rude. Stop." He said. He had problems pronouncing big words and was always flustered about it. Normally, I would tease him but I felt like that would be, as he attempted to say, inconsiderate.

"You're really good at this. I'd be upset if I had to go against you. I mean, you'd probably kick my ass." She told me, beaming at me. I looked down at my Prowler, trying to hide my pink face. "I... Thanks-"

Suddenly, there was some distant gun shots; a mix of rapid fire and shotguns before the announcement came "Attention: The Kill Leader Has Been Eliminated." rightly followed by, "Attention: New Kill Leader Appointed." We all collectively looked at each other. The announcement came, notifying us that the ring was closing in. Ajay pulled out her map. "We're all inside this ring. Good. The others will be coming towards us. We should get back on lookout. Come on, Y/N."

I felt a thump of sadness as she stood up. I was excited to talk to her but the conversation was short lived. I stood up half-heartedly and made my way to the door, looking outside through the small glass panels. The gunshots were heard again, this time way closer. "I see them. There's 2 squads... 3! We should wait until they battle it out and third party."

"But- theres 5 squads left. That means there's another one somewh-" Looking at each other, we didn't realise the door open from downstairs. A frag grenade shot up from the stairs, landing by my foot. "No!-"

Boom.

The smoke occupied the room, blocking everyone's sight. The mix of distant gunshots mixed with the ones outside made my ears ring. "Ajay! Elliot!" I yelled in desperation, hoping for an answer. They must be outside... I tried to pull myself up to no avail. The burst had made me weak. From the smoke, a silhouette came through. "Ajay?" I asked. It wasn't her.

Anita Williams, also known as Bangalore stood over me. I attempted to crawl away. She stepped down on my arm, crouching down. I gasped in pain, trying to free my arm. "Awh- how sad. Poor l/n cant even put up a fight."

"No- please.. I-" She pressed down harder with her foot. Dying in the games wasn't the same as dying. It wasn't real, you were just taken back but I didn't want to go down without a fight.

"No begging. It ends here for you." She raised her gun up to my chest. I shut my eyes and held my breath. Suddenly, the door behind me opened and I heard a bang. I opened my eyes to see Elliot punch down Bangalore. "Y/N! Quick, get to Ajay." He told me urgently as the other door opened and Caustic entered.

I began crawling out of the house and crossing the bridge to the other one where Ajay was. I opened the door. She quickly fired before realising it was me. Dropping her gun, she ran over to me and picked me up. "Y/N! Oh, god... Let's get you back up."

She carried me to a corner and began patching up my wounds. Elliot was alone, possibly fighting 2 squads at once. As if reading my thoughts, Ajay spoke up, "He'll be fine." Just as she pulled me up, Elliot ran in through the door, wrapping a bandage around his shoulder. "1 more squad left! It's just Wraith and Gibraltar- they're coming now!"

I dug into my backpack and picked out a frag grenade, twisting the little cap and launching it towards the rapidly approaching enemies. The Wraith immediately phased, dissapearing and avoiding the damage. Gibraltar's shield was destroyed. A bullet to his chest downed him.

We immediately all turned to the 3 entrances, ready from every angle. From behind me, I heard a loud gunshot. Elliot fell to the ground as Wraith jumped up, standing over him, the barrel of her gun pointed to Ajay's head. "Surrender." She ordered. I smiled, dropping my gun and slowly reaching into my pocket. As fast as I could, I launched at her, stabbing the arc star into her chest as I pinned her.

The arc star charged up as Wraith grunted, trying to get me off her. There was another explosion, sending electric shots through the both of us. I was thrown against the wall. She was downed. We had won.

Then the awaited announcement came. "Attention: We have our Apex Champions."  Ajay dropped her weapons and ran to me, placing my head on her lap. Elliot slowly stood up and walked towards us. "Hey! We did it!"

I smiled, the pain fading quickly as the games ended. I threw my arms around Elliot first, almost knocking him backwards. Then I turned to Ajay, pulling her into a hug. "Thanks for saving our asses. That was close." She told me. I pulled away, our arms remaining linked. "Well? Where's my award?" I had said this as a joke, but I was immediately pulled back in, Ajay pressing her lips against mine.

Elliot wolf whistled as she pulled away, grinning at me. "Come on guys, the cameras are coming in! Get a room!" He joked. When we didn't reply, he turned his back towards us, in front of the cameras, "Ugh, you two are gross. Why do I have to third wheel?" He muttered before striking a pose. We giggled before joining him.

On the escort back, we were all excited to be greeted back. "Guys! We need to celebrate this! Let's go to a bar- drinks are on me!" Elliot announced, looking proud.

"Sure, big guy. Drinks are on you." I teased him. He lightly kicked me, "No, seriously... I'm glad you two finally kissed. Do you know how long everyone has been waiting, you two?"

I turned to Ajay as Elliot left, going to do the interview in the other room of the flying ship. "That was the best game ever." I told her, placing my hand on hers. She smiled at me.

"And- and those two won't stop being all cute and stuff... Seriously— no, I'm not jealous!" We heard from the other room. I turned to Ajay, planting a kiss on her cheek. I laced my my hands in hers and placed my head on her shoulder.

I couldn't wait for what was to come.

oof this was really long and not really focused on the ship. i'll try short ones, indirectly set on ships, heavily ship based chapters and different concepts so mt all chapters will be dragged out this long ;; sorry!

—•—•—•—•—•—
next up: ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 562 16
After years of blocking away the memories of the death of her parents, Loba discovers the location of her killer. Determined to take revenge, she joi...
55.8K 692 24
Crypto x Octane from Apex legends! Smut and Fluff!
87.9K 1.1K 17
A new Legend is found in the likes of Y/N L/N. Entering the Apex Games tournament for the thrill of the fight, and the money of course. Eventually re...
2.8K 70 15
(THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT OF PILOTS ONLY OPTION, FOR THE FINISHED BOOK PLEASE GO READ PILOTS ONLY OPTION!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT) The start of th...