lifeline • reader | comfortability

eeee i don't have any requests but i wanna write so here we are oof
l/n stands for legend name, so just make one if you'd like!
also reader's gender wont be mentioned so u can have it as whatever you want :)

word count: 1672

I sat nervously near the back of the drop-ship, my leg bouncing as a result of my nerve. Come on, you've been here before... you've done this all before. But you'll win this time.. I said inside my head, trying to comfort myself. I kept rambling thoughts in my head before I felt a hand on my leg, stopping its movement.

Shocked, I looked up to see Lifeline, my squadmate looking at me, worried. "Are you okay?" She asked, her tone filled with concern.
I hesitated before sighing, "No. I just- I don't know why I've gone like this all of a sudden. Sorry."

"No, it's okay. Look, we've got each other. And Elliot." She signalled over to Mirage, who was fixing his hair in a small hand mirror. He looked over, winked and went back to his hair.

"It's too late to go back. The only way is forward now. We can do this." I told her, my breathing slightly steadying. She smiled at me, "That's the spirit."

I turned away awkwardly. I could never talk to her properly. I've had the biggest crush on her for so long but was never brace enough to drop any hints or flirt with her. It made me feel like a coward, really. All my friends teased me about it mercilessly.

Not long after, the Outlands was sliding under us. Elliot was jumpmaster. I marked the Artillery Battery, wanting to get in on the good loot fast and possibly pick up a few kills if we were lucky. Ajay agreed and so did Elliot. We all jumped out at once, Elliot in lead, diving down towards the picked spot.

We landed perfectly and before anyone else. Quickly rushing in, I grabbed a Prowler and ammunition as well as shields. I kept running, opening and closing the doors behind me to cover up tracks. I could hear the distant gunshots and not long after, the familiar voice came, "Attention: First Blood." From my earpiece, I heard Ajay comment, "First blood... The battle happens quick, be ready."

I picked up a G7 and some consumables before running over to where my other squad mates were. The other squads had either retreated away or were hiding around somewhere. "Let's get in the main building and go down through the tunnels." Elliot suggested. I nodded, grasping the Prowler to my chest as we began swiftly moving towards the designated spot.

A while later, we were at Cascades, a center area consisting of many small houses. Not an ideal landing spot, just secondary loot as many people rotated there after their landing. We were camping on the second floor of the one highest up the mounting, Elliot watching the Hill while Ajay watched the Bunker. We hadn't seen any activity and it had been strangely quiet. Our loadout was strong and we were pretty secure.

Ajay holstered her gun and crouched down against the wall. "I'm bored. It's been so silent... so unusual." She announced, running her hands on her hair. I agreed and kneeled down next to her.

"Alright, just let me do both sides, I guess." Elliot remarked sarcastically. I giggled at his slight annoyance, "You'll be fine. We won't get flanked here, it's okay."

"Sure. But if we all die to a tiny grenade, I'm blaming you when we see each other after the match." He pointed his fingers at us before turning back to the window and pointing his sniper out, scanning the area.

"Well, it's not too bad... I've got you on my team. It could've been worse." Ajay said, her eyes on me. I felt myself heating up, giddy at her remark. "I could've... gotten unlucky and been stuck with only him."