Not So Fast, Mr. Billionaire...

By ThePsychoMadHatter

**WARNING: THE LAST TEN CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN TAKEN DOWN DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUES** ** The Shi... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
SOWYYY
Interview & Sequel Updates
My Protective Billionaire
CRIMINALS//THE TATTOOED BAD BOY
The Greatest Announcement Of All Time!!!
Just for you!
I never expected this!
FREE GOODIES JUST FOR YOU!!!
Do you have questions for Hadley and Xavier?
Even more free stuff just for you!
Hooray for us! <3
Want a secret chapter?
OMG OMG OMG! Best news evAr!!!
TOMORROW
Today is the day!!!!!
It's HERE!
PLEASE READ

Chapter Two

202K 5.9K 1.1K
By ThePsychoMadHatter

"Hadley, get ready! They're going to be here in half an hour!" my mother shouted from downstairs.

I sighed and got off my bed. Today's going to be a hard day. I don't really know if I'm going to be able to handle everything today. I'm just too nervous.

"Hadley, can you come downstairs for a second?" my mother shouted again.

"I'm coming!" I shouted back and ran downstairs.

My father was in the living room with a mug of hot chocolate. Sarina wasn't here; maybe she was in her room making herself ready since she heard that there is a guy coming over. Moreover, my mother was in the kitchen preparing dinner.

"Yes?" I asked, panting heavily.

"Can you please go to the store for me and buy me some baking powder and some other groceries?" she asked politely for the first time.

I smiled and took the list she was handing over. "Okay, sure, anything for you." I said and walked away, smiling at her 'wtf' face.

My mother had no idea of how happy it made me by the way she talked to me today. She never talked to me like that. It was always shouting and yelling. Nevertheless, today was maybe a lucky day. All the credit goes to my mother's boss and his son.

I reached the store and took out the money mother gave me long with the list. I walked down the aisles and searched for the groceries, since there were so many.

I searched for the baking powder where I suddenly bumped into an old woman. A few of her groceries fell and I gasped.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry!" I said picking up her stuff.

She smiled and kissed my forehead, surprising me a little. I couldn't believe what just happened.

"Why are you so shocked?" she frowned and took my hand in hers.

"No, it's just that nobody ever did that to me. Not even my own parents." I said placing my fingers on my forehead where she kissed me. What should I even think of this?

She laughed and kissed my forehead again. "You are a very good child. You must think that there is no one that cares for you, but let me tell you a secret, for people like you, God made special angels." she grinned, making me frown at her words. She saw my confused face and smiled as she continued. "You are one of the closest people to God, because you think you have no one. That is not true. So for special people like you, God made you a special angel, who will love you and only you." she said making me smile.

"Can I call you grandma?" I suddenly blurted, but when I realized what I said, I smacked my hands over my mouth. Great, now I feel like a creep.

How can I ask such a thing! I don't even know her. However, I somehow feel attached to her. She made me feel special and loved.

She laughed and ran a hand through my hair. "Oh sweetheart, you fulfilled my wish for having a granddaughter." a tear fell from her eyes.

I smiled and wiped the tear away. "You have me now." I assured her. She nodded and I walked her home. She lived two or three houses away from me. She told me she lives alone. For a second I wanted to grab my bags and move in with her, but that's not possible. 

Then I realized that I should be home. The guests are coming in fifteen minutes and I'm not even ready yet! I kissed grandma goodbye and ran home with all the grocery bags.

I handed my mother the bags and ran upstairs. I took a quick shower and got dressed. I put on a neon tank top with my black skinny jeans. I let my hair loose and didn't bother to put on makeup.

I wore my flats and headed downstairs. My mother was wearing a knee-length blue dress and she applied a bit makeup. She looked so beautiful. I looked at Sarina and took a moment to take her in.

She was wearing a tight, a very tight red dress that was a bit above mid-thigh; her face smeared with makeup. She looked like a fucking fake Barbie.

My father was wearing a checkered button up shirt with its sleeves rolled up to his elbows along with his khaki pants.

They were talking to someone at the door. I hesitantly joined and faked a smile. At the door was a rich looking man who seemed to be at least fifty years old. He was wearing an Armani suit and those expensive sunglasses. He looked like the guy I saw yesterday, only older.

"Hello there, Malina. This is my son, Xavier." he said as his son stepped out of the car.

I froze. Shit. It was the same guy! I'm doomed. He's going to fire my mom.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. No. No. Why am I so stupid? That's why no one likes me! Why did I have to snap at him? No. No. No!

"Good evening." he smiled politely and smirked when he saw me.

He was also wearing an Armani suit, just like his father. He took off his glasses and now he seemed even hotter than the day I saw him. His blonde hair was wet and messy, his pink lips pursed and his green eyes were fixed on me. He looked like a freaking Greek god for Christ's sake.

"This is my husband, Keith. And these are my two daughters, Hadley and Sarina." mom gestured to us.

I smiled and nodded. "It's nice to meet you." I said as I held open the door for the two to walk in.

My parents and Sarina were in the kitchen already with Xavier following them. Mr. Rodriguez walked towards me and smiled at me.

"You look beautiful, kid." he complimented. I smiled; more like grinned and thanked him.

I led him into the kitchen and Mr. Rodriguez sat down next to my father, while there was only one seat left, next to Xavier. Sarina was sitting to his right and I sat to his left.

I wanted to apologize for my bad behavior yesterday so badly, but I didn't get the chance to speak. We started eating once mom had served dinner.

"You look pretty amazing." Xavier whispered. I looked at him.

"Look Mr. Rodriguez--" but I stopped when I saw that Sarina's hand was on his thigh.

I cleared my throat and looked away. I don't know why I was feeling like this. A little part of me didn't want Sarina to touch him, but who am I to want that. Besides, nobody liked me anyway.

I sighed and looked at him. Just get over with this, Hadley. My inner voice told me. I closed my eyes and opened again.

"Look, Mr. Rodriguez. I just wanted to apologize for my harsh behavior yesterday. I was-"

"It's okay." he said.

"Myself yes-- wait, what?" I asked probably because his words rang through my brains a few seconds late.

"I told you. It's okay. It was and wasn't your fault. You should have watched where you walked and my driver should have watched how he drove." he shrugged.

"O-okay. So that means you're not firing my mother, right?" I asked.

He looked at me as if I was crazy. "No. What makes you think I'm going to do that?" he asked ridiculously.

I sighed in relief and continued eating. Everyone was talking at the table; everyone except for me. My mother and father were talking to Mr. Rodriguez and Sarina was flirting with Xavier. I hated it, but when Xavier yanked her hand off him, her face was priceless.

I wanted to laugh in her face, but there were too many people here. I sighed and continued eating peacefully. I felt Xavier burning daggers into my skull, but I still couldn't look at him.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Sarina touching Xavier, and Xavier yanked her hand away every time. He glanced at me for help, but I just looked away. I have no idea how I managed to hold my laugh in.

"Hadley, why don't you go show Xavier around the house a bit?" Mr. Rodriguez said. I nodded.

"Y-yeah. Sure." I stood up. I directly understood that Xavier must have asked his father for help, because my house isn't even that big. There is nothing to really show around. 

I walked upstairs with Xavier hot on my heels. I opened my room and walked in. I wasn't ashamed of my room. In fact, I was proud of it. Even though it looked empty, I loved it. I loved it, because my mother did all this for me.

He entered the room and looked around. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and nodded. I knew he didn't like my room, but he has no other choice.

"Why is your room like this?" he asked as he sat down on my bed.

"I don't know..." I lied.

He nodded and looked around once again. I sat down on the floor, Indian style. I stared at my hands and a tear escaped my eyes, but fortunately, I managed to wipe it away before Xavier could see it.

"Why were your eyes red and puffy when we met yesterday? You were crying?" he asked curiously.

"That is none of your business." I muttered and her raised his hands in surrender. 

The dinner went by like that. We went downstairs after a little chitchat and Sarina started flirting again. I saw Xavier roll his eyes and he got up from there and sat down next to his father.

After a few hours of a good talk, they went away. The dinner was nice to be honest, and I was looking forward to the next one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543K 27.3K 61
#80 in HATRED This is the Sequel to The Heart of Mr.Billionaire... If you haven't read the first story, then this will be confusing a bit. So, plea...
1.1M 40.3K 72
*** COMPLETED *** " You can't do this...Matt...We shouldn't -" I struggled to breathe with how close we were. Both his hands were on my sides, trappi...
228K 10.9K 63
"At this point, I'll be grateful for your pieces." ***** Jessica Franklin is at her wit ends, literally. With two sist...
22.5K 2.9K 159
Book 4 of "Destined To Be" ------ ❝Pioneering the art of constructing love, my Kanmani.❞ Xavier teased her skin, slowly caressing her cheeks and her...