Miss Incomplete | ✓

By NeekieWriter

Francena Nakamura never expected that, for the usage of her senior year, she'll be helping Julian Dean - star... More

Miss Incomplete
1 | He Loves Me
2 | He Loves Me Not
3 | He Loves Me
4 | He Loves Me Not
5 | He Loves Me
6 | He Loves Me Not
7 | He Loves Me
8 | He Loves Me Not
9 | He Loves Me
10 | He Loves Me Not
11 | He Loves Me
12 | He Loves Me Not
13 | He Loves Me
14 | He Loves Me Not
15 | He Loves Me
16 | He Loves Me Not
17 | He Loves Me
18 | He Loves Me Not
19 | He Loves Me
20 | He Loves Me Not
21 | He Loves Me
22 | He Loves Me Not
23 | He Loves Me
24 | He Loves Me Not
25 | He Loves Me
26 | He Loves Me Not
27 | He Loves Me
28 | He Loves Me Not
29 | He Loves Me
30 | He Loves Me Not
31 | He Loves Me
32 | He Loves Me Not
33 | He Loves Me
34 | He Loves Me Not
35 | He Loves Me
36 | He Loves Me Not
37 | He Loves Me
38 | He Loves Me Not
39 | He Loves Me
41 | He Loves Me
42 | He Loves Me Not
43 | He Loves Me
44 | He Loves Me Not
45 | He Loves Me
46 | He Loves Me Not
47 | He Loves Me
48 | He Loves Me Not
49 | He Loves Me
50 | He Loves Me Not
51 | He Loves Me
52 | He Loves Me Not
53 | He Loves Me
54 | He Loves Me Not
55 | He Loves Me
56 | He Loves Me Not
57 | He Loves Me
58 | He Loves Me Not
59 | He Loves Me
60 | He Loves Me Not
61 | He Loves Me
62 | He Loves Me Not
63 | He Loves Me
64 | He Loves Me Not
65 | He Loves Me
66 | He Loves Me Not
67 | He Loves Me
68 | He Loves Me Not
69 | He Loves Me
70 | He Loves Me Not
71 | He Loves Me
72 | He Loves Me Not
73 | He Loves Me
74 | He Loves Me Not
75 | He Loves Me
76 | He Loves Me Not
77 | He Loves Me
78 | He Loves Me Not
79 | He Loves Me
80 | He Loves Me Not
81 | He Loves Me
82 | He Loves Me Not
83 | He Loves Me
84 | He Loves Me Not
85 | He Loves Me
86 | He Loves Me Not
Epilogue
End Credits
Bonus #4 | Dear, April 13th

40 | He Loves Me Not

2.8K 180 76
By NeekieWriter

thank you to -swoon for voting! i appreciate it so much!

"Maybe we should try doing the sign up sheet again?"

It was already hard trying to decode Miss Incomplete with the use of her cryptic messages called hints. Now, when I know for a fact that Miss Incomplete's copycat is using me as a part of her ploy of exposure, I figured out the hints more easily. Paris, Francena. France. The J Cole song — my favourite artist. They didn't make sense in the beginning because we were searching for someone else — someone we planned on having no connections with. A blur. Now, with all sense of direction pointed towards me, the clues are picked up easily.

The most we could do is handwriting, but even then, that backfired on us.

"If you think Miss Incomplete wrote in Erin's name, what makes you think that she won't do it again?" I remind, and Julian merely let out a heavy sigh. I get it, we're stuck and still back to square one: no clue on who Miss Incomplete is.

Julian rans a hand through his hair, "I don't understand why we don't use the hints? They're right there."

I might've told Julian that the hints are more useless than before — with their riddle-like phrases to basically exploiting me — and told him that hints are no use. We had to find our obstacles around it, and force ourselves to think beyond the given box.

"They're bullshit," I said, a bit too sudden; Julian looks at me with confused eyes when I continued on my explanation, "I mean, think of it. The riddles are completely idiotic and more so, if Miss Incomplete can fake up a signature for Erin, what makes you think it's not the same?"

"But why waste putting on hints when you're not going to get it?"

Because the hints don't lead to her, it leads to me.

I pick up the nearest note, and examine it.

Second place?

So, this girl is writing it from my point of view too; great. Second choice, Tasha. I understood that much, and second place probably means where I stood in a decision. Jesus, who is this girl and how does she know so much about me?

Iris?

No, she wouldn't do that.

Graham?

No, he was willing to punch Julian in the face the other night.

So, whoever it is, they must've known me. They must know me to some extent; not to mention, they had to be amazing at forging signatures and they have to at least seen the notes before.

I felt eyes hot on me, and turn to see Julian staring. A small smile linger on his lips as he just admires. "What?" I felt my cheeks grow hot, "do I have something in my hair or something?" My hand begins to frantically run through my black hair, as he chuckles and hang his head low. He shakes his head.

"No," he said, looking back up with another smile, "I'm just thinking about how beautiful you are."

My hand shot up to cover my face, feeling suddenly conscious about my looks. I dropped out of bed today, dressed in sweatpants and a v tee. I didn't go overboard, since it was a chilling day and I didn't expect to be admired today. I turn the other direction, not wanting to show the emotions coursing through me at the moment. "Y-you can't just say things like that," I mumbled under my breath.

The seat next to me dipped in weight and I felt a hand on my chin, returning me back towards his direction. He was closer now, just a few centimetres away. A serious tone overtook his features and he glance down at my lips for a brief second before beginning to lean closer.

Out of instinct, I close my eyes.

"When," his voice low, fanning against my cheek, "are you going to return my feelings?"

My eyes snapped back open, and reality sinks back in. I push myself back, away from his touch and away from him. I shake my head, "Julian..." I declare in a warning tone, refusing to meet his stare. "We can't think about that now."

"Why not?" His tone wasn't pressing, wasn't forcing me to reply back in answer. It was out of pure curiosity. Genuine. "I like you; reject me or not, I just want to know what you think about me."

I shake my head again, I like you too, you dumbass, "not now. Especially not now. We're supposed to focus on Miss Incomplete and focusing on you getting better."

"And then what? Then you'll tell me?"

I meet back his eyes, seeing them waiting for a reply. I shakily nodded, "yeah. Then, I'll tell you how I feel."

The biggest smile graces his lips, before he nods understandably. For a second, he looks truly happy — without the bags under his eyes, the tired expression in his face. He opens his mouth, about to say anything thing when the front door swings open and reveal the voices of his parents.

"Francena!" His mother appears to the kitchen and saw me, she gasps. She rushes around the couch, seeing my frame sitting on their couch. "It's been so long since you've been here? How are you?"

I chuckle, standing up from my seat, "it's been like a month. It hasn't been that long."

"Darling, that's long in my book," she smiles and coming in for a hug. I quickly return her embrace, almost feeling like a daughter-mother relationship I never had. Once enough of the formal greeting, I pull out and she holds me by arms' length. "Are you staying for dinner?"

"Umm," I look down at my phone, seeing the time around four, I turn back to his mother, "sure, why not?"

"Great," she walks over to her husband, "Joel, I'm going to go make dinner. Keep them company." She turns her heel and left without another word, heading into the direction of the kitchen.

I turn back to see Julian's father entering into the living room. The hard expression on his face was similar to the day of the dinner. Though, I knew Julian's mother liked me, his father was hard to read. It felt nerve-wrecking, knowing if I ever date Julian, and his father doesn't like me, the relationship is a ploy for failure. I love parental approval, and knowing that Julian's dad might not approve of me — kinda scares me.

A moment of staring, no emotion through his eyes before he perks up a smile. Arms up in a show for embrace, "how are you Francena?"

The second time around, it wasn't awkward. Julian's parents just asked to know me more, still under the impression that we're dating. They asked about school, my goals, my lifestyle and what I do. I answered honestly, not having much to hide and they seem to appreciate the honesty told.

"The dinner was delicious, Mrs Dean," I smile at her, which she mirrors.

"Thank you, Francena, I'm happy you like it," she said, her eyes lingers over to the doorframe behind me, "are you positive you have to leave so early? It's barely seven."

I nod, "yeah, my dad texted me to come home early. I know it sucks, but maybe I'll get to stay longer next time." I tried to reason, and she nods satisfyingly to my answer.

"Well, Julian," she turns to her son, "walk her out."

"Right," his reply came when I was about to rebuttal and explain that he didn't need to do it, he found himself to my side without another word and open the door for me to exit. Rather than waste oxygen and explain to him that he doesn't need to do it, I just go through the door and leave to the porch. Julian close the door behind him, as he settles himself in front of me.

"Bye, Julian. Sleep good tonight, okay?" I said and he nods, and I turn, about to leave the scene when Julian catch a hold of my arm.

"Wait," Julian said, making me twist back around to face him.

"What?"

"What if..." he trails off, his thought being process, "what if you don't feel the way you feel for me once I get better? What if you leave after your done?"

His eyes hold an emotion I could relate to. The fear of someone leaving, the fear of not being good enough. I didn't know how to explain how it breaks my heart just seeing myself in his eyes, it did. He's scared, fearful of the future. I wanted to explain right there that that won't happen, especially with the amount of emotions I feel towards him right now but I restrain myself.

Get better.

He needs to get better first.

"We promised right?" I reminded, "I'll stay no matter what, you stay no matter what. No one is leaving for no reason." I reassure, as he slowly nods, not breaking eye-contact. "And think of it this way: if we're meant to be, we shouldn't worry. I heard there's this thing called the red string of fate, and if you are meant to be, we'll have it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.1K 1.1K 44
Aussie girl, Leila, moves to America. Repeating her senior year brings much more drama than she bargained for. Midway through the first semester, Lei...
1.1M 37.8K 55
To everyone, Alyssa Woods is known as the friendly, pretty, and tenacious captain of the soccer team. But to her, she's shy, self-conscious, and help...
732 196 41
.。*♡✧*。 [COMPLETED; EDITING] Junior year at Everdear Lynx High takes a turn when Elaine Dearly decides to take her best friend, Eleanor's love life i...
83.2K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...