Out of the Dark (Book #1) {Co...

By DarinGeek

When I was little, my mother used to tell me stories about an ancient world that contained mystical and stran... More

Chapter one| The chanting voice
Chapter two| Jack Frost
Chapter three| Merida
Chapter four| CRUSH cafe
Chapter five| New member
Chapter six| Insignificant
Chapter seven| Rotating spiral
Chapter eight| The pain.
Chapter nine| Nanny goat
Chapter ten| Trolls
Chapter eleven| "No".
Chapter twelve| Hallowed key
Chapter thirteen| North
Chapter fourteen| Moon light basement
Chapter fifteen| The library.
Chapter sixteen|Open the book
Chapter seventeen| Like I always did
Chapter eighteen| A Blade Master
Chapter nineteen: Woods
Chapter twenty: Time
Chapter twenty-one: Ouch
Chapter twenty-two: Room 69
Chapter twenty-three: Wait
Chapter twenty-four: Beaten
Chapter twenty-five: Office
Chapter twenty-six: Wrong
Chapter twenty-seven: Book
Chapter twenty-eight: Training
Chapter twenty-nine: Stranger
Chapter thirty: Travel
Chapter thirty-two: Car
Chapter thirty-three: High
Chapter thirty-four: Light
Chapter thirty-five: Fire
Chapter thrity-six: -Stacy's POV-
Chapter thirty-seven: Karaoke
Chapter thirty-eight: X-mas
Chapter thirty-nine: Necklace
Chapter forty: Mr. and Mrs. Slight
Chapter forty-one: Fake honey moon
Chapter forty-two: Dressed-up
Chapter forty-three: Laser beam
Author's note: + Book
Chapter forty-four: Snap
Chapter forty-five: Hands up
Chapter forty-six: mission end
Chapter forty-seven: Ceremony
Last words

Chapter thirty-one: Servant

809 23 1
By DarinGeek

-"W-wait how do you know that?", I asked him while standing up.

-"Because I already had them", said Jack with a casual voice.

- "Then why didn't you tell me?". My question seemed to annoy him. He sighed and looked at me with tired eyes.

-"I didn't tell you because I wasn't even sure you would have them", answered Jack with an annoyed voice that really got on my nerves.

-"You weren't sure? Well flash news, I have the same powers as you floating in my veins you moron! Why are you always keeping important things to yourselve? Like if I didn't need to know. You always kept hiding me things from the beginning. You bullied me for no fu**cking reason. I never met you before, never did anything to you. So what the fu**ck is wrong with you?Just because you lost your parents it doesn't mean you need to take revenge on me"

I yelled at him. Everything that I kept inside suddenly came out of my mouth. His eyes widened and his expression was stuck. I stopped and regretted what I did. I tilted to avoid looking at his face.

-"Get out", was the only word that came out. I heard him grabbing the door handle and turn it. He opened the door and stopped.

-"Don't tell North what you saw in your visions. Adligat has shown it to you, only you", he said before stepping out and closing the door.

                                                                              ***

-"Hey Elsa, people keep talking about you going with the guardians on a mission", cried out Merida running through the school corridor, crashing into some students on her way.

-"Yeah it was planned yesterday though"; I answered while waiting for her.

-"LUCKYYY!!! ", she screamed. We started walking and talking about the missions she did.

-"So how is it like to go on a mission?", I asked her.

-"Well it's pretty funny and exciting at the same time. It depends on what your mission is about thought. If you need to catch Fuzzies (small, pink, furry creatures messing with the humans things: very inoffensive) they are so hard to catch with their speedy small paws", answered Merida acting like if she was squishing one of them with her hands. I giggled.

-"Those must be very inter...", I suddenly stopped when I saw Jack walking towards us. That was the first time I saw him walking in these corridors. He had a no expression face on and a grey bag he held over his shoulder. Girls were surrounding him. They giggling and talked to him but he didn't pay attention to them.

When they passed near us I felt a cold chill running down my back. He was mad. I think I over did it yesterday. I must apologize to him. Guilt was clouding my mind when a voice called me from behind.

-"ELSA!!! ", cried out Zack before grabbing me from behind and hugging me with an impressive force.

-"Yeah happy to see you too but...could you release me I'm almost out of oxygen", I said with a dying voice.

-"Oh yeah sorry", he answered with a happy mood and released me, "I'm here to give you a message from North. He wants to see you in his office in 20 minutes".

-"I'll be there", I said, "you have an impressive strength".

He smiled like an idiot and suddenly this smile turned out somehow familiar.

-"Elsa, are you alright? , asked Zack waking me up from my thoughts.

-"Ah...sorry I was just spacing out"; I answered while shacking my head to remove bad ideas, "thanks for telling me".

I walked away up to North's office. I knocked. No answer. I knocked again but didn't wait for the answer. I opened the door and walked in. North's office was a complete mess. Papers, books, mathematic instruments, chemistry stuff, food where lying around...is that a dead rat?

-"North?", I called but no one responded. I walked around. His office was mainly composed from book shelves or paper rolls. I walked down where the big globe world was (North's office looks like his Christmas hall with the big glob in the middle). It was really big when you were near it. My eyes suddenly landed on a green button. I wandered what it was for and with a decided movement I pressed it.

First nothing happened but suddenly all the lights of his office turned on.Little yellow lights appeared on the globe some disappeared but appeared seconds after. I started contemplating it with interest when I noticed a very old brown book lying on the ground. I walked towards it and picked it up. The cover was damaged and decayed. In a single blow , dust flew off the cover disappearing in the air. An inscription appeared on the cover – "1994 Graduation class from the Moonlight academy"-

I opened the book and looked. Pictures of students appeared. Some of them where in group or alone.  Most of them were funny. The student's names were written under the pictures. I turned the pages and suddenly stopped at one of them.

The Picture showed 5 people: a beautiful white haired woman standing near a cute/handsome brown haired man. Snow queen and Alex. Next to them was another couple. The guy had silver hairs and looked a lot like Jack. The woman standing near him had golden hair and wonderful blue eyes, just like Jack. The fifth person was standing alone. He had blond hair, deep grey eyes and a spiky nose. Strangely he looked familiar. He looked like...Dad.

I looked under the picture and read: Angelique Snow Queen, Alex Akin, Nail Frost, Amanda Lay (human) and Henri Snow queen(keeper).

At this moment my heart froze. I reread the sentence again and again but still couldn't believe it.

- It can't be him it must be someone else, I thought to myself trying to reassure myself but as I looked closer I could see him again as if he was still alive. My eyes became blurry and tears started too rolled down my cheeks.

The sound of the door handle turning woke me up. I quickly wipe out the tears and stood up. North entered the study.

-"...rested on the way you would have to clean the bathroom after you exploded one of your famous bombes in it", said North while walking in.

-"But mister it wasn't just me", said someone behind.

-"We will discuss this tomorrow. I think you have class now. Good luck explaining to your teacher why you are late", answered North before closing the door. He sighed, tilted and looked surprised when he saw me.

-"Oh Elsa you're already here", said North with a surprised tone but I think he noticed my red eyes because suddenly his smile faded and a worried look showed up on his face, "Is something wrong Elsa?"

-"N-nothing North I'm fine", I said with an unsecure voice. His eyes landed on the book that was lying next to my blue vans. He sighted and suddenly I saw how old and exhausted he was but his smile came back and he strokes my hair with a gentle movement.

-"It's a lot to take in for 1 day", he started," I heard you had fight with Jack. I just talked about you to him and he seemed less concerned than normally and now this... It's alright you can let it out".

I started to cry like a 4 years old. North hugged me. He was like the grand-pa I never had. After I finished crying North handed me a napkin to wipe my face and he took the book in his hands.

He walked towards a chair and sat down before opening the book. I followed him and sat next to him.

-"As you saw Henri, your father was part of our basement. He was a formed to be a keeper. At least one of the seekers family members must become a keeper to protect them and the next generation. He is not only a keeper but Angelique's brother", said North with a smile.

-"So in other words Angelique is my aunt", I said while raising an eyebrow.

- "Angelique was always an exemplary seeker. She was very skilled and was a blade master just like you. On the contrary of Henri who always tried to escape his duties", said North.

-"Who is he?", I asked showing Alex with my finger.

-"Oh this little devil is Alex. You should never put Alex, Henri and Nail in the same class or else you would regret it, said North before laughing, I remember once I gave them an hour of detention and I ended up reconstructing the detention class... Alex was a very nice person with a big heart. He was the most talented in the fire division but he didn't take school seriously".

-"How about them", I asked again with an interested tone.

-"This is Nial and Amanda Frost, Jack's parents", said North with a sad tone, "who are not from this world anymore just like Angelique".

-"What happened?"

His gray eyes expressed sadness. He closed the book.

-"I don't think you are ready for this", he said while a veil of pain crossed his eyes.

-"North what is it that I can't know? I need to know or it's all for nothing", I replied.

-"They died in the rebellion", answered north and he started explaining when he saw my confused face, "first you should know that Nail Frost is the servant of the Snow Queen family. It has been like this for generations since your ancestor Dylan Snow Queen had saved the life of Andrew Frost who gave him his life and the life of his descendants. Nail was Angelique's servant and in some ways Jack is...yours".

I felt my heart stopping at this comment. Jack was my servant? That's why he was always there to protect me!? But I didn't have time to ask that North started explaining.

-"Not so long ago the dark side was invading the Portal world. Many seekers died in this battle. It wasn't a battle anymore but a butchery. The best seekers battled to the death. That includes: Angelique, Alex, Nail, Marie, Sebastian and many others. Most of them are dead and some live in the Portal world. The battle started when the dark side attacked "Blix" (Dead land). The seekers went to protect the city but most of them were trapped by Dark knights and killed. The battle was a total lost. We called it the white rebellion. At this stage all the creature, seekers, keepers... lost hope but not Angelique. She reassembled an army and attacked the dead land. The army was well prepared and the battle was almost won. The only mistake is that we didn't know that the dark one tried to destroy the Portal and take a host to rule the world. At a moment the Portal started breaking apart and Obscuro came out in the form of a black cloud. Nail challenged him to protect Angelique but this was the stupidest thing to do. You can't defeat a god unless you are one. Obscuro took possession of Nail's body. The others didn't know how to kill him. How could they? Their best friend was still trapped inside. Only Angelique understood that Nial was already gone... she tricked him before striking his heart with her sword. Even if Obscuro was gone the Portal was still breaking.

 Somehow Angie knew what to do. She started a ritual that has a very big price. Angie had given her life to Close the Portal and protect the people from this world. Today a big statue of her is constructed in her honor. After the war we needed to explain to Amanda how her husband died. She couldn't handle it and suicide a week later leaving an orphan behind: Jack.

-"So... that  is why Jack dislikes me? Because my family killed his parents?", I started with a trembling voice. I could feel my hands shaking. North gently took them in his hands.

-"Maybe or maybe not but whatever happened before it's the past. Jack doesn't know how to let go", said North with a soft voice; it never was your fault.

-"You're maybe right", I said while smiling.

North looked at his watch.

-"It's time for you to go prepare yourself", He said while walking towards his desk. I stood up and walked towards the door.

-"Oh and Elsa I forgot to tell. For tonight you need to choose a Healer, a Hunter, searcher and a Wiser", he said.

I stopped walking and looked at him.

-"Anyone?"

-"Anyone", he answered but I was already gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 440 27
"You, mister, are gonna be punished for the destruction you've caused," she said. "Pfft, like I even care." He rolled his eyes. At this, she raised a...
191 9 67
They say, "Be careful what you wish for." They say, "There's truth to every story." They say, "Karma's a B***h." A heart's wish is a powerful thing. ...
758 52 13
"Let me die first or it's like I'll die twice." He tells me. I love him, my husband, more than I love myself. I love him more passionately than I th...
7.1K 240 28
[( COMPLETED)] "Elsa you mistake get out here right now" My stepmother yelled out, these past few years have been and nightmare my mum died in a car...