R e d R e a p e r | Tokyo Gh...

By zombigail-chan

" Red Reaper, Red Reaper, who shall your next target be? " One of the most famous urban legends in the 20th... More

R e d N i g h t s | 01
W e d n e s d a y | 03
E n t e r K a n e k i | 04

S c h o o l R u s h | 02

20.2K 1K 313
By zombigail-chan

Red Reaper | Tokyo Ghoul Fanfic

I always hated doing things for the first time.

First days, first try, first sport, first trip. That's because the first time I do things I don't know anything about it and I have to learn by trial and error, and today was my dreaded first day at my new high school, Kiyomi High School, in the 20th ward.

I wasn't in a particularly good mood today anyway. My expression remained emotionless and bored as I stood in front of the class door.

"Class, today we have a new student, " the teacher's kind voice was muffled through the door. She faced the door and gestured her hand out, "Please, come in."

"Screw it." I murmured under my breath and slid open the door.

Whispers and murmurs erupted the room as soon as I came in. My eyes scanned over all the people in the room from where I stood. I could smell another ghoul here.

There.

I spotted a purple-haired girl at the corner of the room staring back at me. She was the ghoul. I'm pretty sure she knew that I was a ghoul too. I shouldn't be too worried, most ghouls in the 20th ward are usually docile. At least, I hope so.

"Introduce yourself." I turned to look at the teacher as she smiled at me.

I took a breath in and spoke, "My name is Akane Suzume. Nice to meet you."

"Alright Suzume-san, you can take a seat next to Kirishima-san over there."

I adjusted the school bag on my hand and walked over to the empty seat. The ghoul beside me glanced at me from the side suspiciously and I stared back at her.

Class started several minutes later and a piece of paper landed on my notebook from the right. I paused in my notes and turned to the girl beside me. Opening up the folded paper, I started to read it.

Who are you?

I scribbled down a reply and threw it back at her.

I introduced myself just a while ago.

I watched as she read over the reply. Turning to me, she raised her eyebrow and I shrugged back at her. It seems as if she dismissed it and went back to her notes, so I did the same.

It was afterschool when she approached me again, I had already expected it though.

"You there, Suzume... was it?"

"Yeah, why?" I finished packing my books into my bag and faced her.

Her eyes narrowed, "I've never seen you around, but you smell like a ghoul."

"Because I am one."

"Are you a threat?"

I hummed in thought before answering her, "I'm pretty sure that I'm not a threat."

She lifted up her bag and crossed her arms, "I see, well then I have nothing else to say to you. Come stop by at Anteiku if you'd want to."

I stood there with my bag silently as she walked out of the room, "An...teiku..?"

---

"So how was school like, Akane-chan?" The redhead swirled the coffee in her cup.

"It was fine."

Leaning back, she rested her elbow on the chair and sipped her coffee, "Make any new friends?"

I paused for a while, "Say, Itori-san?"

"Hm?"

"Do you happen to know anyone called Touka Kirishima?"

"Sure I do." She put a finger to her chin, "If I'm not mistaken, she goes to the same school as you. Is that why you want to know?"

I nodded, "Same class."

"Oh, what a coincedence. Touka-chan works part-time in Anteiku. A cafe in the 20th ward that also has a supply for ghouls who need food. You could stop by there and I bet you would learn more about her. Ah~ I would also like to see Kanekichii again."

"Kanekichii...?"

"That's right, Akane-chan, you should ask Touka-chan about him."

"Is he... Kirishima-san's boyfriend?"

I stood from the chair and grabbed my school bag, "I should be going now, see you Itori-san."

She smiled brightly and waved, "Stop by more often, will ya?"

I nodded at stepped out of the bar.

Anteiku... huh.

a/n: If you got confused, the redhead who swirled her coffee was Itori, not Akane.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.5K 2.4K 39
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...
131K 2.3K 48
Alexis Piastri is Oscar Piastri's older sister. After feeling unfulfilled with her life, Alexis decides to drop everything to take a gap year and joi...
298K 14.6K 94
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
1.4M 32.2K 60
In which Daniel Ricciardo accidentally adds a stranger into his F1 group chat instead of Carlos Sainz.