What You Don't Know(completed)

Par cherri-petals

When Bakugo was a kid he had to deal with people telling him that because of his cocky, rude and impulsive at... Plus

A/N : Hello!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
1k special
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (End💕)

Chapter 4

2.2K 157 171
Par cherri-petals

A/N: quick thing before the chapter. I have a new editor!!! itybity thank you for offering to edit for me, it means a lot! Anyway enjoy!

After I settled down and returned to class, my teacher scolded me for running out. Apparently she had entered the moment I had left class. Just my luck. She almost gave me lunch detention, but I told her I was tutoring during lunch, so she let me off with a warning. Thank God.

The mini panic attack was still haunting me, throughout the lectures I had before lunch. Lunch. I would have to see him. Kirishima, who I had just learned had some problem, some issue in his brain that made it hard for him to learn or at least that's what Todoroki told me. I didn't know if I should believe him though.
When I returned to class, Midoriya had been giving him a lecture of his own, whispering about something. Just because he could talk didn't always mean he should. I sat back in my seat, ignoring the fact that they were there. The class carried on for an hour. Bright side, I didn't have homework.

After class I walked to the bathroom again and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked awful, my eyes were slightly puffy and my face had some tear stains. My shirt was wrinkled now from when I was gripping it. My hair was sticking out at all angles, some areas were lower and drooping down. I looked like shit. I signed and splashed water in my face, but I heard the door open. For some reason I ducked into the stall that was closest to me. I don't know why, I just didn't want anyone to see what I looked like at the moment. Ya know, weak, broken. Alone.

"-ya know, I heard something like that." I heard one of the guys say.

"I heard that he has to be here or his family will run out of money." A second one said. The second one sounded like the yellow haired idiot in my next lecture. I'm pretty sure he got his hair inspiration form Pikachu. His name was like Denki Kaminari or something dumb like that.

"I mean, he's a nice guy and all, but all that boy does is football. He doesn't do or talk about anything else and it's weird. He's someone I consider to be a friend, I guess but sometimes I wish he would chill about it sometimes, ya know?" Kaminari asked the other guy. I could almost hear his eye roll. The other guy thought for a moment. "Yeah, I understand, Kami but think about where he's coming from. He has to keep up the game or-"

"I know, Sero!" He yelled at the boy who was apparently named Sero. "But maybe if he could fucking pay more attention to his grades he wouldn't have to worry so much! He's so stressed, and sad but if he focused he wouldn't have to lie about how he feels but he just smiles like everything's okay!" I heard the door open and slam back shut.

Kaminari had run out, leaving Sero behind in the room. "Ugh, damnit!" I listened to the sound of his fist hit the wall. "That dumb ass is like a love struck puppy." He growled, but it sounded more jealous than anything else. I took this as my moment to walk out. I made eye contact with the guy, and his expression went from angry to scared out of his goddamn mind within half a second. "So. H-how much of that did you hear?" He asked as I walked to the sink.

"Enough." I answered, turning the knob with one hand and pumping soap with the other.

"So do you know who we were talking about?" He asked, still looking scared.

"No," I mumble." but I know that he likes whoever it is. That's why he's so mad about this, right?" I asked walking to the paper towels.

He gave a half hearted laugh, which ended in some sort of sad sob thing. "Yeah. I mean, he hasn't said it out loud but yeah. It's this guy on our football team." I perked up at the word 'football'. "Kami's like, obviously in love with him, and it's annoying. He worries about him so much, just because his grades are a little low and-"

I jerked my head to look at him again. "Hold the fuck up." I growled taking a step closer to him. "Who?"

"W-what?" He asked, looking more freaked out then before.

"Who. Is. The. Guy?!" I asked, rage and fear boiling over, as I grabbed the collar of his shirt. 'Please don't be him. Please please god don't be him.' I thought.

"K-Kirishima." He whispered. "Why?" I didn't answer, I just let go of his shirt. Something in me broke when I heard that this guy was in love with Kirishima but also because of all the stuff they were talking about before that. Did he really have financial problems at home? Or was that just a rumor, gossip, a joke? Please, God, let that be it.

I had two more lectures before lunch. I wasn't really paying attention though, I was looking over my math notes, thinking of things I could say that would help Kirishima. It was an easy-ass unit he was failing, but I knew I had to help him. Even more so now. My hand trembled as I wrote notes down, small little acronyms and things to help him remember. My teachers didn't notice, which was a miracle in itself.

By the time lunch rolled around, there was this feeling in my gut. It was like a cross between butterflies and explosions. I walked out of the school, and walked towards the courtyard. I looked around until I saw the red head. He was sitting on a bench underneath a cherry blossom tree. 'Are you serious?!' I thought, angry. Why did he have to sit in a spot that looked so romantic?! "Dumbass." I mumbled as I walked up and sat beside him.

"Oh, hey, Bakugou!" He smiled, that stupid shark tooth smile. "Thanks again, man, I don't know what I would do if you weren't helping me." He chuckles when he finished his statement. I looked away, hoping he didn't notice the blush rising on my face.

"Y-yea whatever." I grumbled, but the words didn't come out as harsh as I intended them to, and that might be due to my smile. "Let's just, get started on this shit, okay?" I asked, grabbing my text books, as he did the same.

We studied for about, an hour and a half. We both had free period so we just studied into that.
I don't know when he started to understand what I was saying, but surprisingly, he did. He started writing the problems the right way, and getting them right. I was kinda proud of him. He was doing well, and not because of me. I was just there to push him into the right direction, to show him how to do things, but he was the one working so hard, trying to understand. It made me so happy, which, as some of you probably know, doesn't happen that often. When the bell rang we gathered our stuff and started walking to the building.
"Thank you,  Bakugou. I really do appreciate it. Really." He said, looking away, scratching the back of his neck. I couldn't be sure, but I'm pretty sure he was.. blushing. I couldn't help but let out a real smile, for the first time in a long time. He looked back up and saw. His eyes softened and had a closed mouth smile. He looked so. Calm. And happy and that was enough for me.

"You're welcome, Kirishima." I smiled and turned around. If I had stayed for one more second I would have seen Kirishima having his hand out. Reaching out for me to stay. Asking me to never leave him.

As I looked at the clock, I was bouncing my knee, trying to get rid of my nerves. Kirishima was in his test now. I really wanted him to do well, he had worked so hard, he deserved to get a good grade. When the bell rang, I jumped up from my seat, and sprinted towards room 23, Kirishima's math room. I waited outside, gently bouncing on the balls of my feet. Students filed out of the room, chatting about what the others were doing that weekend. Finally I see a head of red hair walking out of the room with his head down. He's holding a piece of paper. His test. "Y-your teacher grades fast huh?" I asked, as he walked out of the room. His face was so sad, I knew whatever this news was, it wasn't good. "Kirishima, I'm sorry. Just know you worked hard ok? Don't be ashamed." I mumbled, putting a hand on his shoulder, hoping that helped a little.

"Yea well. Why would I be? Because I passed!!" I yelled, smiling so bright and holding up his test. B+. "Bakugo, do you know what this means? I can still play! I'm not benched! Thank you!" He wrapped his arms around me and brought me into a tight embrace. I stood there, shell shocked for a moment, not knowing what to do with my arms. Kirishima probably thought I felt uncomfortable, so he began to back away, but finally I regain control of my body and threw my arms around him. I buried my head into the crook of his neck. I squeezed his slightly, reassuring his this was okay. He put his arms back around me.

"Your welcome. Ei." My eyes widened at my own words. Ei? Where had that come from?! "Sorry sorry." I whispered. I finally let go and backed up slightly. We looked at each other for a moment before Kirishima smiled.

"No. No, it's ok. I kinda liked it." He blushed and turned away. "Hey, let's go home, Kat." He started walking away and I followed. Was this a thing now? Were we calling each other 'Ei' and 'Kat' now? Nicknames? I picked up my pace, doing my best to stay next to him. Oddly enough, I was completely okay with those names.

We arrived home and Kir- Ei sat down on the couch. "Damn, that test made me so tired." He laughed and opened his computer up. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I walked over to sit next to him.

"Look Kat. I need to ask you something." I muttered. I gave him a sideways glance, raising my eyebrow. "What?"

He looked over at me, looking slightly scared. "So I know you helped me a lot but is there anyway you would try out for the kicker position for football?" He asked, looking really happy, too happy. I scoffed and let out a small laugh.

"Why in the hell would I do that?" I said, walking into the kitchen and opened the fridge, grabbing a box of takeout food from 3 days ago.

"Because, you used to play."

"I thought you promised to not mention that."

"I lied." A smirk stretched across his face.

I had told him I had played in high school for a while, and it was true. I had been a kicker, yes. But I had quit after freshman year. I kinda started to hate it. So, I quit. I had an idea. "Look, I'll make you a deal." He perked up, turning his head to look at me.

"I'm listening." His smirk stretched out into a full smile.

I snickered, turning my head towards the laptop. "Lets watch a horror movie. If you don't scream, yelp, or let off any dumb scared shit like that, then I'll try out. Deal?" I snicker, knowing how much he hates horror movies. The first week he stayed with me I had been watching Bird Box, which isn't even that scary, and he nearly had a heart attack. Granted it was funny, watching him scream like a girl. With that in the back of my mind, I knew he wouldn't agree to this, so I was off the hook.

"Ok. Fine with me. I got this man." He looked over at the computer. "What're we watching?" He asked sitting down next to me. I stared at him, wide-eyed. He really had agreed to this? He must really have wanted me to try out. "Fine. Ya got two choices.

'It' or 'The Conjuring'." I said pointing to them next to each other on my Amazon Prime account. He looked at them, going back and forth reading each plot.

"The Conjuring. Clowns don't freak me out that much." He said, tapping the screen.

"Why? Because you both have the same hair?" I asked putting a smirk across my face. "Ha ha, you're hilarious. Who knew you had a sense of humor, Kat?" He smiled and hit play on the computer, never breaking eye contact. I was blushing like crazy now, that nickname was driving me up the wall. I finally turned my attention back to the screen where the opening credits were playing. I looked over at Ei and he already looked freaked out. I felt guilt for making him do this.

"Look, Ei, if your scared we don't have to do this. We can make another bet, or something," I said, lightly touching his shoulder, "Especially if this scares you too much." I whispered. He turned his head to look at me, smiling lightly.

"It's ok Kat. I'll be okay. Just- I-I don't want to be alone. Just stay with me, please." He muttered before returning his gaze to the screen, where the movie had started. I nodded slightly.

We watched the movie until the end scene. He did well, but he was gripping a pillow for dear life,  He was trying to hide it, but I could see the tears of fear in his eyes, the whole time. A couple of times I almost put my arm around him, but I never did. Either I would chicken out, or he would slightly jump and hide his face in a pillow. When it was over, he let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank god." He muttered, letting the pillow go.

"Well, you win. I guess I'm trying out for football." I chuckled at the words. I turned my head to him, but he had somehow fallen asleep in about three seconds. He was shaking, and tears were falling out of his eyes. He was having a nightmare. 'Just stay with me please.' His words rang in my ears. I had promised him I wouldn't leave and I wouldn't. I thought, looking at him and finally gathering the courage to put my arm around him. I grabbed at the pillow and put it on the arm rest. I laid my head down, and gently placed his head on my chest. I let out a small smile at the position. "Don't be scared, I'm here. It's okay. Shh." I continued muttering non-sense until he looked peaceful, and in a happy sleep.

What was he doing to me?

A/N: so updates haven't been up and I'm sorry. I haven't had much time, but now I will try to get them out more. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! Thanks again itybity for editing!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

3K 145 17
Kirishima and Bakugo. They are attending a brand new university. Two of the many people who will be the very first to walk the halls there. They had...
187K 5.4K 29
Katsuki left his hometown right after they graduated UA High trying to run from feelings for Izuku that he could never quite come to terms with, taki...
360K 13.7K 42
Bakugo has never been a fan favorite in his classmates' eyes. The only true friend he's ever had is Kirishima. Then when he falls ill with a bad feve...
73.9K 1.9K 57
Y/N has known Bakugo for years. He was secretly Bakugo's friend. Bakugo not wanting anyone to know about him and take them away. (over protective muc...