Erchomai [Ricochet/Adam Cole]

By -MammaMia-

Trevor has one problem: he used to be in love with Adam Cole. Not the puppy dog, batting eyelashes type of lo... More

intro + cast
playlist + watchlist
chapter 1: fools rush away
chapter 2: win a date with adam cole!
chapter 3: laws of redaction
chapter 4: how to lose a friend in 10 seconds
chapter 5: say nothing
chapter 6: best friends with kid
chapter 7: life as we blow it
chapter 8: definitely, nope
chapter 9: adam & trevor's infinite watchlist
chapter 10: lies actually
chapter 11: while you were wrestling
chapter 12: just fake boyfriends
chapter 13: 500 hours of cole
chapter 14: did you hear about the jenkins?
chapter 16: trevor and adam make a pesto
chapter 17: chasing alec
chapter 18: the accidental boyfriend
chapter 19: to all the ones i've wrestled before
chapter 20: deliver us from evelyn
chapter 21: first holiday
chapter 22: he's just too into you
chapter 23: just wrong
chapter 24: that awkward match
chapter 25: love, trevor

chapter 15: breakfast at teddy's

85 6 14
By -MammaMia-

The next morning Trevor wakes up to the ringing of his phone and Adam spooning him, his left arm draped lazily over Trevor's waist as he sleeps soundlessly. Trevor doesn't remember agreeing to be the little spoon, but it's actually kinda nice. He blinks away sleep and stretches his arm enough so that he can reach his phone on the nightstand without jostling Adam. The number calling isn't in his contacts, but he picks it up anyway because of the Pennsylvania area code. "Hello?"

"Hey, Trevor," Teddy greets on the other line. "I hope you don't mind that Austin gave me your number."

"No, it's cool." Honestly, he's more shocked at the time. He glances at the clock. 7:42 in the morning. Trevor would give anything for a few more hours of sleep, but the early bird catches the worm and whatnot. He makes do with the rest that he's had. "What's up?"

"I was calling to invite you guys to breakfast at me and Calvin's. I'd like to get to know you in a setting that doesn't include my mom's dry peanut butter cookies."

Trevor chuckles. "Uh, yeah. Sounds good." He feels Adam nuzzle against the back of his neck and lowers his voice to ask his next question. "Will Alec be there?"

Teddy goes silent for a moment. Then finally, "No, he won't. It's more of a couples thing."

Trevor isn't so convinced by that. He wants to ask what her take on everything is between the brothers but decides that's a better conversation to have in person. "Okay. We'll be there soon."

He hangs up the phone and gently nudges Adam with his elbow. "Wake up, Sleeping Beauty. Your sister invited us to breakfast."

Adam yawns, then sits up so that he's leaning over Trevor with low eyelids and a sleep sated smile. "Morning, handsome. I saw you in my dreams. Will you make them come true?"

Flopping onto his back, Trevor playfully pie faces Adam away from him. "Nah, you gotta brush your teeth before you flirt with me."

Adam's suddenly wide awake, quirking an eyebrow. "And after?"

Trevor sits back up, swinging his feet onto the floor and stands. He looks back at Adam who is unashamedly checking out his backside and shrugs. "We'll see."

+

Because Adam's so distracted by Trevor's words, Trevor is able to beat him into the bathroom to get ready for the day. After he's brushed his teeth and showered, he heads downstairs and is immediately greeted by the smell of coffee being overpowered by the scent of burnt chocolate.

He makes his way to the kitchen and finds Melissa, cursing as she dumps something into the trashcan. She looks up to see him and offers a sheepish smile. "Good morning, Trevor. Please ignore the burnt pastries." Melissa places the pan in the sink, moving over to the cabinets. "Would you like some coffee?"

"Sure." Trevor sits down at the table as Melissa removes two ceramic glasses and fills them with coffee.

"I have to say that you and Austin make quite the pair." She brings the cups to the table and Trevor thanks her as she hands him one. "It's not hard to see why he gushes about you," she says as she sits down across from him.

Trevor stops the cup inches away from his lips, lowering it back to the table as he looks at Melissa with a questioning stare. "Gushes?"

Melissa nods, taking a sip from her cup. "To tell you the truth, gushes might be an understatement. He called me just last week to talk about you and your match and I didn't think it was going to be possible to get him off the phone. That boy is smitten."

While Trevor is at a loss for words, Melissa continues. "I've never seen him this happy, Trevor. That's because of you." She sets her coffee down to look him in the eyes. "Thank you for being in my son's life."

"I'm happy to be in it," he tells her, because it's the truth, even if he's not in it the way she thinks he is. Feeling like he's dug himself into a hole, Trevor drinks his coffee and hopes the slight burn down his throat makes him feel less guilty for lying. Then he realizes that he smells actual burning again. "Melissa, do you have something else in the oven?"

"Dammit, my second batch of brownies." She gets up from the table and hurries over to it just as Adam strolls into the kitchen.

The smile he's wearing when he sees Trevor falters as he sniffs the air. "Mom, you do know the brownies are supposed to be edible, right," he jokes, nose crinkled as she removes the tray from the oven.

"Hush, you," she warns, swatting in his direction with an oven mitt.

Adam laughs, coming over to plop down in the chair very close to Trevor, who offers him his coffee. As he takes a drink, Trevor notices that Adam smells like his shea butter and vanilla bodywash he never leaves home without. He must have left it in the bathroom. Adam drinking from his mug and smelling like him is the domestic shit Trevor didn't know he had signed up for but doesn't mind one bit.

Setting his cup down in front of him, Adam leans even closer to Trevor, one arm braced against the back of the chair and the other on the table. His smile is bright, and his voice is low. "I've brushed my teeth and I'm ready to flirt with you now."

Trevor scans Adam's face, ignoring his remark in favor of saying, "You smell good."

"I know. My boyfriend's got great taste in bodywash." He inhales deeply. "I hope you don't mind that I borrowed it."

Trevor shakes his head, picking his coffee back up to take a sip. "Not at all."

Melissa turns away from the oven, a hand on her hip while her other hand holds her burnt brownies. She looks at them with an exasperated stare. "Don't you two have breakfast at Teddy's?"

+

"Okay, you literally used to eat Toaster Strudels with a fucking fork," Teddy tells Adam with a glare that holds no heat. "Your opinion on breakfast is therefore invalid."

Not two minutes had it been since Teddy had invited them inside and told them that she and Calvin were making some type of healthy frittata, only for Adam to make a skeptical remark. Trevor just wanted to eat, so he didn't care one way or the other, but the way Teddy had whirled around and put Adam on blast was almost enough to satisfy his appetite.

"Oh, he still does that," Trevor points out as Adam holds his hands up innocently. "He uses a knife, too."

Overlooking the look of betrayal that Adam sends Trevor, Teddy replies, "So pretentious, right?"

"Tell me about it."

Adam drops his hands with a scoff. "As much as I'm enjoying my boyfriend and sister make fun of me in some type of weird way of bonding, we came for breakfast."

"And you'll get it if you wait patiently." She rolls her eyes, shaking the phone in her hand. "Honestly, the food would have been done earlier, but Cynthia from Miami thought it necessary to give a full recap of her summer and how her husband eats like a picky five-year-old before sharing the recipe."

"Someone's bitter," Adam says.

"Sure am. Too much scrolling." Trevor likes how she refuses to sugar coat it as she returns to the kitchen, telling them to make themselves at home as she and Calvin finish things up.

"You were right," Trevor tells Adam as he follows him to take a seat on the couch. "Our senses of humor complement one another perfectly."

"And somehow my greatest joy has become my worst nightmare," Adam remarks dramatically.

Trevor sends him a half-smile, then turns his attention to the coffee table. There's a photo that catches his eye of the siblings with their dad. From what Trevor can tell, it's not of any special moment. They're inside on the couch, all focused on the TV as Melissa must have taken the picture. Trevor points to it. "That's a good one."

Adam looks to where he's pointing and smiles. "Yeah, I've always loved that picture."

Trevor watches him closely, noticing the way his smile falls away bit by bit and wonders why he never asked Adam this question before. "Do you miss him?"

His answer is almost automatic. "Some days." Adam blinks, then stands abruptly. "I'm sorry, but I need a minute."

As he starts to leave, Trevor grabs his hand. When Adam looks down at him, he gives it a squeeze. "Take as long as you need."

Shortly after Adam's walked out the door, Teddy comes into the living room to tell them that breakfast is ready. She looks around the room. "Where's Austin?"

"He stepped out for a minute but should be back soon," Trevor informs.

Teddy nods, then stands in the doorway a bit longer before moseying over to sit down beside Trevor. "I thought you were too good to be true," she says after a moment.

That catches Trevor off guard and before he knows it, he's laughing. "I'm sorry?"

"Maybe not the best way to start my speech," Teddy admits. "What I meant was that when Austin told me how happy he was with you, I figured he was overcompensating. He did it a lot when we were teenagers. But then I actually saw you guys together. Saw the way he looked at you when you were talking about Fred's ascot. I've seen him happy, but this is like a whole different level."

"I'm happy being with him, too," is all Trevor can say. He hears Melissa and Teddy's words and he's not sure what to do with the facts when they're staring him right in the face. Adam cares about him, he knows this. And Trevor cares about him more than he could possibly put into words. Yet that doesn't make it any easier for him to consider what comes next.

In the midst of his introspection, he thinks about Adam tensing up at the mention of Alec. Sees Alec excuse himself from the table when discussing wrestling. There's no time to focus on what they feel for each other when there's another problem awaiting that could be just as complex. "Teddy, I care about Austin a lot. And right now, he's hiding something from me. Something that has to do with him and Alec and wrestling. I feel like it might be hurting him more than he's letting on."

Teddy looks away to stare at the picture on her coffee table, letting out a sigh. "They had this disagreement. A petty one, really, but it's led to them walking on eggshells around each other for months. Although I think it was brewing a lot longer than that." She turns away from the photo to look at Trevor. "Austin will have to tell you the rest, but I can tell you that since he became a wrestler, whenever Alec looks at him, he sees our dad."

There's no need for her to go into any more detail. Trevor understands. "Thank you."

"Don't mention it."

Adam comes back in and looks a little shocked at the sight of Trevor and Teddy talking on the couch, but he covers it with a grin as he gently shuts the door. "You guys talking about me again?"

Teddy stands, moving her hair to one side of her face. "I know this may come as a shock, but the world doesn't revolve around you." She pats his shoulder on her way to the kitchen. "Now hurry up, I'm hungry."

Trevor stops Adam before he can follow Teddy, waiting until she's disappeared around the corner into the kitchen. He scans Adam's face, but there's no sign that he's had any type of breakdown. "You good?"

Adam covers the hand that Trevor has on his arm, sending him a smile that doesn't reach his eyes. "Always."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

568 4 42
Samuel: "You done with your packing?? When are you planning to shift?" Ace: "Ahh, that." Samuel: "Listen Ace, I don't give a damn about your personal...
252K 10.2K 49
I felt a hand under my chin and then I was looking right into Aiden's eyes. "You know that I care about you, right?" He used the same hushed tone. Ai...
16.6K 644 6
So, that just happened. It's his lucky day and there's now a dagger planted in his guts. This is so unfair honestly. Liam is so disappointed by the w...
CARNIVORE By Simon

Teen Fiction

1K 65 14
{MxMxMxM} "I'm everything I can't be, and I hate it. But I can't do anything about the situation I'm in, so I'll have to deal with it. " .... Tycho B...