Lightning

By Mmrs-Rain-Wrlds_inc

The beginning was my end. For something to grow, I had to diminish. My fall was my greatest achievement. The... More

Authors Note
Description
-1-
-2-
-3-
Authors NOTE

-4-

4 0 0
By Mmrs-Rain-Wrlds_inc

Previously:

Remembering something I drop my smirk and look up to him genuine curiosity.

"Wait, before - did you say 'academy'?"

**************

"Wait, before - did you say academy?"

He sighs out a 'yes' and rubs the crease between his eyebrows. "Give me strength for this long conversation." He looks up to the sky, and leans back on his hands, as if speaking to a god or something. I stare at him strangely, are all of these academy people this weird? He glares at me as soon as the thought passes through my head.

I put my hands up in defence, sorry not sorry. Besides, he wouldn't be mad if he didn't read my thoughts every damn second. Damon's glare turns into an amused smirk, talk about mood swings. As if to prove my point he glares again and I groan.

"We're not getting anywhere! So can you please stop reading my thoughts and tell me about this god forsaken academy?" I rub my temples before resting my elbows on my knees, giving him my full attention and curiosity for what new information he spits out.

He rolls his eyes but sits up straight as well, taking a serious expression on his face. "I'm not good at letting you know gently or subtly or whatever so I'm just going to be frank - The government built an academy for people like us, people that have powers, to learn and build their 'special abilities' stronger. Every person that attends the academy is the same age, has the same birthday but different abilities. For example I have Mental AD-003OD, and my friend Oscar has Transformation ID-014OD. We all live in the same place, on a secluded island south-west of Asia and south-east of America, so nobody is harmed by the radiation we produce when we train or simply walk about. Got that?"

Okay.....what?

My brain is swirling a million times per hour with the new information, everything repeating itself to me and my eyes bug out of my head. Anyone could attack me right now and I wouldn't take any notice, feeling vulnerable doesn't sit well with me and I snap my gaze back to Damen quickly, making sure he didn't move any closer - he didn't.

What the hell is Mental AD-003-something and Transformation ID-something something? If it really were an academy then why the f*ck were there people shooting at me and chasing me for the last - I don't know - five years?! Wha-

"Shut up! Jesus, my brain will explode with the amount of thinking you're doing." Damen brings me back to Earth with his hissing, I look at him to see him rubbing his temples again annoyingly. My eye twitches, does he even hear himself right now?

"The answers to your questions - Mental AD-003OD is the name of my ability. The first part of the title is the type your ability goes under, for mine it is Mental because I mainly do stuff from my mind like, reading minds, telekinesis, force fields, stuff like that. The second part is the level you are at with your powers, there are four stages - probationer (PB), intermediate (IM), advanced (AD) and the finale stage professional (PF)." He looks at me with a question in his eyes and I nod in response, saying that I've understood everything that he's said so far, he nods back in satisfaction and continues.

"The number is the number given to your specific ability. Two people may have pyrokinesis but one may be numbered 011 with the ability to control fire and the other 010 with the ability to be non-affected by fire. The last letters of the title is whether your ability is offence (O), defence (D) or neither (N)." I take a deep breath and try to cram all of this information into my mind, which proves to be a tad bit harder done than said. It will take a while for me to get use to their way of terminology and numbers.

"Wait, before you said yours was Mental-03 OD? So yours is offence and defence then?" My voice reminds me of those small toddlers asking an adult a simple question. He stares at me in a mild impressed look.

"Yes and no. My ability is indeed orientated as offence and defence but you got my title wrong, mine is Mental AD-003OD, meaning my powers category is Mental, I'm at the advanced stage, the specifics of my ability is no. 003 and they can be used as defence and offence during battle. Don't worry you'll get used to all the numbers and letters sooner or later." He states smartly and robotically as if he were reading straight from a textbook. But his statement made a little panic rise in me.

"Battle?"

"Don't worry, it's just friendly sparing that we do against each other to train. Completely safe." He waved me off and I relax and fall on my back facing the sky with a small thud.

"Woah." He sounds as though he was brought up through this world and has a lot of experience with this stuff, I shouldn't trust him though. What if he is just trying to get my hopes high and lure me into a trap? He could be working with the scientists... I try to avert my dark thoughts away, and thankfully in my peripheral I see quick movement so I tilt my head to the side and look to Damen who is now looking at the sky.

I narrow my eyes in suspicion and sit up. No more letting my guard down around this guy. With that finalised I stand up causing his eyes to shift to me.

"Why do you all insist on having me then, don't you have enough kids as is?" I question him, my tone a bit harsher than I intended.

"Well multiple reasons," He makes himself comfortable on the ground, lying on his back with his hand under his head like a cushion as he gazes across the sky. "A) You are a threat to everyones lives - you emit radiation as do the rest of us that is dangerous for people around you. B) You need to learn how to control that unique power of yours because if not controlled then it is not safe. And finally," he sits up and looks me in the eye with an understanding and pitying expression.

"Aren't you tired of being alone?"

I freeze at the question. Yes, is on the tip of my tongue. Of course I am. This is the most human contact and conversation I've had in years, the last time being a nice store employee that started a conversation with me on how she liked the shirt I stole from the mall. I had stolen the shirt a few hours prior, of course, but she didn't need to know that. I'd dreamed of the day I could just speak to someone freely, without them judging me, or questioning why I was abnormal, or why I looked like I had been dragged face first into the dirt and ocean across the world, twice. Dreaming that I would have friends, or that someone could love me as if I were family.

No, the rational part of me concludes, don't decide on important decisions based upon something as silly as dreams.

You are meant to be alone. His voice echoes through my head like a reminder on speakers. You deserve to grow old alone, and forever live alone. For you are an abomination. For I am an abomination. And alone I will be.

Snapping out of my trance I see Damen has moved a few steps closer to me. "No, I'm not. However I am tired of your presence, so I best be off." I coldly say to him and turn on my heel. And I did what I do best. I ran.

"H-hey!" I hear a startled and panic shout from Damen behind me but I continue running. I haven't recharged enough to teleport again so that's not an option, and I won't be able to run from him forever - no doubt he's had physical training due to his physique and what he told me... damnit I really need to start thinking sh*t through.

Then again if I did he would have read my mind and gotten me before I could, so a point to me, I guess?

I draw fog in with my abilities as I ran, the dark misty clouds swarming over the ground towards me as if I were it's life source - which I guess is true. Soon my surroundings are unrecognisable and I can't see three feet in front of me. Good. Running in one direction I see a metal wall with pipes running along side it in every direction. I run my hands over it as I run around the strange machine until I come across a ladder.

Barely knowing where I'm going, and with my heart pounding in my throat, I scramble up the ladder. I just want to get away, I just need to get away. If I really am harming people like Damen said, I'll keep my distance unless absolutely necessary. What if what Damen said was wrong? What if I just end up harming them too? The thought makes my climb faster.

"Elle, I promise you! You won't hurt anyone or vice versa!" I hear Damen yell out in the distance, thats good the further away the better. "Elle! Let's just talk this out okay? I promise you, you won't regret joining the academy!" 

Shaking my head, I block him out before I'm swayed to join him. I just need to be alone. I break free from the fog and climb onto a small platform attached to the machine, thankful I can see my surroundings again. The dark fog stretches across the electricity plant like a fluffy blanket, swallowing everything below me. However, I feel myself drain slightly from the amount of use I've had from my powers slightly. A few minutes ago I just woke up from overuse of abilities so I don't think I should push it unless I have to.

Looking around me I search for an escape route, I can see movement in the fog below so I block out his shouting again and focus. There is a fence a metre or so away that I might make if I get a good jump but the movement in the fog is drawing closer. Ignoring the protests in my mind and negative thoughts about falling I suck in a breath. I climb over the railing and focus solely on the fence, not the ground or the fall I might receive if I don't make it, the fence.

For the second time in 24 hours, I take a risk, and I jump.

**************

And I'm back, apologies for not updating in a while <3

I really wanna do a Damen POV but I don't like reading those stories that constantly switch between POV's soooooooo idk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 1.6K 50
Well i mean its just imagines of walker sooooo Also request are open so if you want one just let me know!
623K 7.6K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...
35.3K 1.5K 18
"Show me somethin' different once, I come from where there's no love." COPYRIGHT 23. #1 ATLANTA 05/01/2024 πŸ†
16.7M 644K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gâzleri gâzlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...