Nephilim Bride | A Severus Sn...

By Avia_Rein

Two worlds, two hearts. Will you find love, or will you find destruction? From the creator of Secrets of a B... More

Surrounded
Minister Fudge
The Sorting Hat
Sleeping Quarters
Tea with Dumbledore
Meeting the Potions Professor
Dueling with Snape
An Uncomfortable Meeting
Author's Note
Fireside Chat
The Walk
The Library
Questions in the Dark
Gossip and Presents
Meeting With Professor Umbridge
An Unexpected Turn of Events
Cornered
Private Conversations
Fresh Air
Wild Card
Reena's Prediction
Plans
He Who Shall Not Be Named
Update!
A Soaring Statement
Ecstasy
Binding
Behind Closed Doors
Access Denied
The New Headmistress
An Unsavory Meeting
Death on Silent Wings
Always
Afterword

Dueling

3K 110 3
By Avia_Rein

The next morning, my pack and I gathered outside on the grounds near the lake. A giant squid lazily moved along just under the surface of the water, leaving little ripples along in it's wake. We had each paired off and were dueling with long thin rapiers or carved staves. Magic had it's uses, but knowledge in hand to hand combat was crucial for a pack's survival. 

Arya was my sparring partner, one of the best in my pack with a blade. We were circling each other, waiting for the other to strike first. She swung her blade first.

I blocked the blow with a quick lunge and duck to the right. In a blur of movement and the clamor of sword on sword, we drove mercilessly at each other. Even though the morning wasn't especially warm, I felt sweat trickle down the back of my neck. 

In the end, we called a draw. Panting with the exertion, I grinned at Arya as I leaned on my rapier. 

"You almost had me." I said heavily, attempting to catch my breath. 

"And you, me." Arya replied with a laugh, "I guess we really put on a show." Looking around us, I saw students on break gathered around, watching the duel. 

With amusement, I bowed to our audience. As I came up, I noticed someone in the crowd. It wasn't a student, I had seen him last night at the head table. A teacher. He had longer, dark hair, pale skin, and an air of intelligence. Our eyes met and he gave me a slight nod. I bowed my head slightly in return. 

"Who is that?" Frey appeared behind me, also curious about the watching professor. 

"I don't know," I murmured in reply, "But I intend to find out." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101 5 9
Severus Snape x OC Written from Snape's POV Smut warning! Severus has been searching for the woman who was ripped away from him and repeatedly come u...
2K 115 20
It's been over a year since the tragic love story between Severus Snape and Y/n L/n, a year since Y/n had been sent back to her home in Canada, a yea...
25.1K 832 24
***COMPLETE*** Can the man who walked the thin line between Good and Evil find his place, and himself, in a Post-war Wizarding world. Will it accept...
1.9K 116 18
In this story, (Y/n) has been an Astronomy Professor for 2 years. She has also been dating the one and only Professor Snape since the beginning of he...