The Boy In Blue - H.R

By basicallyvogue

Lilly Parkinson, A 19 year old girl, daughter of the world-renowned pro surfer Joel Parkinson was taken from... More

INTRODUCTION
MAIN CAST
Chapter 1- Bathurst to Bondi
Chapter 2- Arrival
Chapter 3- Lifeguard tower
Chapter 4- The Bucket List
Chapter 5- Training
Chapter 6- Pervert
Chapter 7- Lifeguard Party
Chapter 8- Chloe
Chapter 9- Hurt
Chapter 10- Ignored
Chapter 11- Listening In
Chapter 12- Maxi's back
Chapter 13- Truth
Chapter 14- Realisation
Chapter 15- Madly Deeply
Chapter 16- His shirt
Chapter 17- Three words, Eight Letters
Chapter 18- Bestfriend
Chapter 19- Incident Debrief
Chapter 20- Hospital
Chapter 21- Get out
Chapter 23- Reaction
Chapter 24- Gullible
Chapter 25- Embarassment
Chapter 26- Alone
Chapter 27- Back in Bathurst
Chapter 28- Mark
Chapter 29- Bruised and Battered
Chapter 30- Can friends cuddle?
Chapter 31- The Idea of the Future
Chapter 32- Maxi's Back
Chapter 33- Un-anounced Visit
Chapter 34- What's going on?
*NOT AN UPDATE*
Chapter 35- Chances
Chapter 36- A private matter
Chapter 37- Empty
Chapter 38- Different
Chapter 39- Familiar
Chapter 40- Surprise
Chapter 41- Reunion
Chapter 42- Yours
Chapter 43- For Two
Chapter 44- Returning to the Beach
Chapter 45- End of the Chapter
Chapter 46- Babysitter
Chapter 47- Nothing like Lilly's
Chapter 48- I love him
Chapter 50- Wants
Chapter 51- Realisation
Chapter 52- The Club
Chapter 53- I promise
Chapter 54- Played
Chapter 55- Unkept Promises
Chapter 56- Promise
Chapter 57- Mrs Reid
THE END

Chapter 22- Tears

1.7K 26 2
By basicallyvogue

A/N- Here's another chapter yay, get ready for the dramatic gifs
~

*Lilly's POV*

I opened the door slamming it shut as hard as I could, hoping James wasn't home. I put my head in my hands trying to gather my thoughts as they were all over the place. I slid down the door slowly letting my hands drop to my sides.

I squeezed my eyes shut letting a tear fall down.

What the hell did I do that made him say that? Why did he keep saying I was with Maxi when I wasn't?

I jumped lightly before standing up to look through the peep hole. I was having mixed feelings about Harrison. He had hurt me so bad, called me names, but I didn't know if I wanted him to come and apologise 100 times or for him to leave me alone.

I was somewhat disappointed when I saw Maxi.

I opened the door making him storm in.

"I can't believe he said all that shit! Me and you getting together? What was all that about? And how he called you a whore? What the fuck!" He said pacing back and forth. He looked up at me seeing as I was silent.

His eyes soon softened as he saw my eyes watering up.

"Are you okay?" He asked taking a few steps in front of me. I shrugged at him putting up a wall before breaking down into tears. "No" I mumbled as I cried into my hands.

He pulled me into a comforting hug as I cried into his chest, definitely soaking his shirt.

"I don't know what happened" I said sobbing.

"He t-told Chloe that we s-slept together, turns out they n-never broke up" I stuttered out as I looked up at him.

"When did you find that out?" He asked as confusion and worry filled his eyes.

"The hospital, when I went and visited him" I said my lip beginning to quiver.

He shook his head before pulling me into a hug again.

"I didn't know he was still dating her" he said leaning his chin on my head.

"Yea I was just some girl that he wanted to sleep with. I told him I loved him Maxi. And he does this shit" I said.

"Come on. Let's get you some air" he said pulling me onto the balcony.

The wind hit my hair and face instantly drying my tear stains on my cheeks. The sun was just setting and it looked beautiful.

"What if Chloe was lying" I randomly said as Maxi was busy staring at his phone.

"Maxi" I said catching his attention. "Huh What?" he said continuing to look at his screen in confusion. "What if Chloe was lying about it" I said again.

"Uhh... I don't want to hurt you anymore than you already are. But... Chloe just posted this" he said turning his phone to face me.

763 likes , 244 comments

tagged: @harrisonreid
@chloegirl_xo: fun night with my baby❤️

@sarah_jane: omg are you guys back together
@chloegirl_xo: you know it ;)

I stared at the phone for what seemed like ages trying to figure out if it was actually Harrison. But of course it was. I was just trying to give him the benefit or the doubt that it wasn't true.

I looked away not uttering a word to Maxi as I stared at the sunset. We sat there in peace until the sun had finally set and it was pitch black.

"Hey Lilly, I've gotta go to my mum's I promised I'd see her. I can tell her I can't though if you need" he said softly.

"No it's okay. You can go. I'm just going to sleep" I said simply. I wanted him to stay. To make sure I wouldn't be alone when I cried myself to sleep tonight but I couldn't stop him from seeing his mum.

"Okay. Only if your sure? Text me if you need anything lily" he said pulling me into a hug. I almost burst into tears but I held it in not wanting to freak him out.

He gave me a small smile as I continued to sit on the balcony. I stared out at the darkness in front of me wondering if there was someone out there who would make me feel the same way he did.

Now that I was replaying the moment over and over again, I don't know what hurt me more. The fact that he called me a whore, that he thinks I am with his best friend, that he doesn't love me anymore, that he's with Chloe or that I was just one big joke to him.

I hadn't even realised that a tear had fallen again.

"I'm not crying. I'm so sick of crying" I said angrily to myself. I whipped my phone out quickly managing to unlock it with my teary eyed version.

I swiped right on Maddie's contact and began to ring her. It rang eight times before going to voicemail.

"Hey Maddie, can you come over as soon as possible. I really need you right now" I said breaking down into sobs before ended the message.

I laid my head back against my chair scrolling through my Facebook aimlessly when Maddie's name popped up on my screen. I swiped to answer instantly.

"Lilly? Are you all good?" She asked calmly. "N-no. Can you come over. Please" I said whispering the please. "Yea babe, I'll be 20 minutes" she said before hanging up. I sighed deeply wiping my under eyes before heading back inside.

I glanced at the clock seeing it was 11pm at night and James would be done at 2am. I didn't get how he could do those types of shifts.

My heart dropped realising that I had work tomorrow at 7am and I was silently praying that Harrison wasn't there.

There was a knock at my door making me rush over to open it. I saw Maddie standing there with a concerned look over her face. I instantly ran into her arms as she hugged me.

"What'd he do now?" She said rubbing my back to sooth my light cries.

I pulled away, letting her walk in as I shut the door. I fell on the couch beside her.

"Explain" She said sternly.

I went over everything from when Harrison came in with Chloe, to how he accused Maxi and I of being together to him calling me a whore.

"He called you a whore? What a... dip shit" she said making me laugh. She knew I would've felt horrible if she called him something worse. It was just the way I was. When my ex-boyfriend dumped me she hated him so much. It made me upset because I was still in love with him. This was the same situation.

"Come on let's get you to bed. I'm sure you have work tomorrow" she said pulling me up by my arms as I groaned.

I trudged to my room not bothering to change out of my sweats and t-shirt I'd worn all day. I slid into my bed the covers relaxing my tense body. Maddie slid in beside me as I cuddled up to her. No we weren't 'lesbian', we just did this when one of us were really upset, just like when Maddie's dad died. She rubbed my head as I slowly fell into a sleep.

~
A/N- Feel like this chapter is so over the place but whatever :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 1.4K 24
Life isn't always easy for Olivia. Her boyfriend is getting drunker every day, so he abuses her. She can't find her parents since they travelled to C...
106K 1K 26
Lilo Jenkinson. Average girl. Average life. Average everything really. But for her it was about to change. Ever since her surfing accident, Lilo has...
91K 1.1K 29
Abby Jenson's grown up in Bondi and has just finished university in Sydney, what she wants more than anything in the world is to become a lifeguard...
182K 2K 46
marlow (marley) hopkins is the newest trainee, but not the newest face in the bondi lifeguard tower. Her dad, Hoppo, brought her up as single parent...