Without You

By AshlynPope

Aubrey Wilson has the heart of an angel. As the type of person to always trust in others, she's admirable to... More

Introduction
Prologue
Part 1 "Holy snickerdoodles"
Part 2 "Watch out for the devil."
Part 3 "5'0? No that can't be right, I'm 5'1"
Part 4 "Why the hell are you in school?"
Part 5 "What is wrong with me?"
Part 6 "Liam likes to think his shit doesn't stink"
Part 7 "Father, forgive Chris for he knows not what he does"
Part 8 "He was obviously just looking to frickle-frackle"
Part 9 "He is a very healthy human being"
Part 10 "So what's it like having Luke Taylor as your baby daddy?"
Part 11 "Fuck it, this class doesn't give me any useful credits anyway"
Part 12 "You really don't know anything"
Part 13 "Why? Jealous?"
Part 14 "I could be a professional ninja if I wanted to"
Part 15 "I need a vomit bucket"
Part 16 "Just trust me"
Part 17 "Heartbreaking reality"
Part 18 "I'm going to beat his ass!"
Part 19 "Why is my pillow hugging me?"
Part 20 "That's my butt"
Part 21 "Sorry, I have to watch out for your cooties"
Part 22 "Does a detention go on my record?"
Part 23 "I'll call child protective services"
Part 24 "Pay attention to me"
Part 25 "You're gonna regret that"
Part 26 "Can we get a new waiter? This one sucks"
Part 27 "I don't want to talk to you"
Part 28 "How could he do such a thing?"
Part 29 "I'll never get it back"
Part 30 "Did you just call me a bratty little kid?"
Part 31 "Is he on crack?"
Part 32 "Wait, that sounded bad"
Part 33 "I'm not a violent person"
Part 34 "I'm much better at punching people than talking"
Part 35 "Suck it up buttercup"
Part 36 "Family Feud"
Part 37 "All you care about is yourself!"
Part 38 "The good feeling"
Part 39 "Something bad happened"
Part 40 "She was beautiful"
Part 41 "Losing"
Epilogue
Sequel Chapter 1 "Sometimes it's better to be selfish"
Sequel Chapter 2 "I'm selfish"
Sequel Chapter 3 "The Truth"
Sequel Chapter 4 "Heartbreak is an everyday occurrence"
Sequel Chapter 5 "Amen sister"
Sequel Chapter 6 "I'd do you too"
Sequel Chapter 7 "Another vomit bucket"
Sequel Chapter 8 "The sour to his Skittle"
Sequel Chapter 9 "A good bone"
Sequel Chapter 10 "My cuddle buddy"
Sequel Chapter 11 "You look panicked, sir"
Sequel Chapter 13 "I promise to always feed you"
Sequel Chapter 14 "What the hell are you doing here?"
Sequel Chapter 15 "Blink if he's holding you against your will"
Sequel Chapter 16 "Sucks to suck"
Final Epilogue "Without You"

Sequel Chapter 12 "Happy anniversary"

355K 8.1K 30.2K
By AshlynPope

*AUBREY'S POV*

"I'm just going to tell her I got sick," Eli whines from his bed. 

"Get up wuss," Aiden jumps on him with his elbow out. I wince as I witness Aiden's elbow first-hand dig into Eli's side. 

I swear, one of these days these guys are going to end up killing each other. 

At least Luke isn't in here though. There would be much more fighting if he was in here and I know that for a fact.

That is exactly why I fixed him something to eat, turned on ESPN, and closed the bedroom door. Hopefully, that will keep him occupied for a while and who knows, maybe he'll fall asleep. 

"Eli, you have non-stop texted me all day, even when I was in class, begging me to help you and you're not about to bail out on this," I place my hands on my hips. 

"I'm an actual idiot. Like I can't think around her," he pulls at the ends of his hair and I internally aw. 

"You can't think around anyone, dumbass," Aiden chides and I pinch the bridge of my nose. 

"Why is he being quiet?" Aiden asks me after Eli stays silent for a while. 

"I'm cursing you and your family, shut up," Eli shushes him and I wince. 

"If you don't want to do this," I stand up, "I do have homework I need to do so I'll just go do tha-"

"No! No! I'll stop, I'm ready, please help me for the love of God and Jesus and Mary and Joseph and the farm animals and everyone else," he grabs ahold of my arm, pulling me back.

"Damn, when was the last time you went on a date?" Aiden asks and Eli looks at the ceiling in thought.

"June...July...about three years ago," he nods and my eyes widen a tad. I wasn't expecting that. 

"And it didn't end well," he groans, "she ended up getting our waiter's number which honestly has me scarred."

What type of girl goes on a date with someone only to get someone else's number? That's just so mean. 

"That's tough man," Aiden actually says, which is the nicest thing he's said since strutting into the room.

"I mean I did tell her she was a stuck up, horse-toothed witch before she asked for his number but she was rude," he explains further. 

"Okay, let's stop talking about that bad date. We need to focus on this one which starts in an hour, by the way," I tell him and his face morphs into one of nervousness. 

"Where are you taking her, have you decided?" Aiden questions, getting comfortable on the bed like he's about to go to sleep. 

"Um, dinner?" Eli mumbles, unsure. 

"What are you going to wear?" I question and he breathes heavily like he's out of breath. 

"I don't know," he wheezes out, holding his heart. 

"Eli, you need to calm down and take deep breaths. Everything will be fine and I'll help you find something to wear," I pat his arm to help him calm himself. 

____________________

"Okay, good?" Eli walks out in the outfit I put him in. Nice jeans and a nice shirt, nothing too casual but nothing too formal so that he can basically go to any restaurant they choose. 

"Very good," I clap my hands excitedly.

"Why can't this be easy? You and Luke make it look so easy," he groans, banging his head against his wall. 

Easy? Luke is a handful. 

"If this date goes well, then I'm positive everything will be easier," I give him a certain nod. 

"How do I act?" he turns his attention full toward me. 

"Don't act like anything other than yourself. If you want this to work, she's got to know the real you," I tell him the best advice I can considering I've only ever had one boyfriend. 

"Yeah, she needs to know what she's getting herself into," Aiden chuckles and I give him a look. 

"You're a bitch," he points to Aiden, "Do I kiss her?"

Considering it took Luke weeks to kiss me, I'm not too sure what to tell him. It is only their first date but he's known her for a little while now. 

"I've done it on the first date, done it on the first date, and not done anything on another first date," Aiden shrugs, "if it feels right, just do it."

"Don't just do it quickly, you've got to build it up," I advise him, "you should make sure she knows it's about to happen. Don't just kiss her."

I had a lot of time to research while waiting for Luke to make a move. 

"And what do you mean how do you act? Aren't you a communication major? Shouldn't you know how to talk to people?" Aiden makes a good point, although talking to random people isn't the same thing as talking to a girl you like. 

"Aren't you a history major? Go study the Constitution, bitch," Eli chucks a shoe at Aiden, narrowly missing me. 

"We're in the B.C. years right now, slut-muffin," Aiden retorts as Luke mosies into the room, most likely wanting to be a part of the name-calling and shoe throwing. 

"I thought you would be sleeping by now," I straighten a wrinkle on his shirt as he takes a seat beside me. 

"Not without you," he kisses the top of my head. 

"Luke. Help me out, what do I say to her?" Eli shoves Aiden's slapping hands away from him.

"In general or what?" 

"When we're just sitting at the restaurant, what do I say?" Eli elaborates.

"I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of this," Luke shakes his head and Eli's mouth drops open.

"I don't even know why I asked you that. You know why? Because you never start a conversation anyway, thank God for Aubrey because she knows how to communicate and you just follow her lead like she's mother goose," Eli says and I laugh quietly.

"And that's a bad thing? I don't even have to worry about being nice. And fuck you, I follow her around because she gets lost in crowds easily," Luke retorts.

Eli just stares at him for a second before pulling his middle finger out of his back pocket and raising it at Luke. Aiden laughs and fist bumps Eli.

"I'm taking my ass back to my room, fuck the both of you," Luke throws a pillow each of their ways, before turning to me, "and I love you, come to bed soon."

"Yeah, run away little bitch!" Eli calls out once Luke leaves.

He doesn't stay gone for long. 

Eli screams as Luke tackles him and Aiden jumps on the bed chanting 'catfight!'

I swear, I've never met any other people more violent than these three. Other than Izzy of course. That fight between her and Katrina still runs through my mind every once and a while. 

Actually, come to think of it, I think Izzy would actually really like Aiden. They seem like a great match for each other; much better than her and Anthony Mackle. 

Only a couple of days ago when I last checked in with Olivia, she was still getting over Ryan, which is understandable considering he was her first everything. 

"Aubrey!" Eli's loud voice brings me away from my thoughts, "kick Luke in the nuts for me!"

I give a struggling Eli a small smile before leaving the room for them to deal with each other themselves. There's no chance I'll get in between their fighting any time soon. I don't want any of their flying limbs to hit me. 

"I need to leave!" I hear Eli shout before he sprints out of his room. I look at the clock on the stove and see that it's nearing eight. 

"Eli! You're shoes!" I call after him and he turns back around. 

"Thank you for helping me," he gives me a hug after coming back out with his shoes on.

"Good luck!" 

"If it goes well, she's coming to meet you and Luke, so stay up!" Eli shouts as he's walking out the front door. 

I'm so excited to meet Lorraine, I don't think I can handle it. 

"I have homework due tomorrow that I haven't even started," Aiden stops at the kitchen, "I'll see ya'll tomorrow."

He grabs the bowl of mashed potatoes in front of me as I take out a container to put it in for leftovers. He opens the utensil drawer, grabs a spoon, shuts the door, walks to the front door, opens it, and leaves with the bowl, spoon, and all. 

"Bye Aiden," I mumble, putting the container back.

"Come here," Luke groans out loudly, plopping onto the couch and raising his arms in the air. 

I walk over to the couch and he pulls me down onto him. He lays on his back and I lay flat against him on my stomach, my head resting against his shoulder. 

He grabs the blanket that rests over the back of the couch and he lays it over us. 

"Have you talked to your dad lately?" I mumble and he tenses beneath me. 

"I'm keeping my distance from him for a while," he replies and I can tell he doesn't really want to talk about it. 

"Okay," I nod and he hands me the remote to pick a movie.

"It's our anniversary tomorrow," his tone lightens and a small smile stretches across my lips. 

We've been together for a year. A full year, tomorrow.

We decided a couple of weeks ago that we wouldn't get each other anything. I just don't think I need to be gifted. At first, he was the one who told me not to get him anything and not wanting to feel left out, I told him not to get me anything either, which worked out. 

"It's almost been a year."

"Of many to come," he kisses my head as I pick The Goonies. 

______________________

Two and a half movies, many sour Skittles, another full dinner, and two tickle fights later, I'm officially exhausted but I can't go to sleep because I need to wait until Eli gets back, hopefully with Lorraine.

Luke still doesn't believe Lorraine is real but I'm positive she is.

His hand sneaks down my pants and I grab his arm.

"No, we cannot do that, Lucas," I give him a stern look but he just kisses me. 

I break away from the kiss and pull his hand out of my pants. 

"It doesn't feel good?" he tilts his head, a smirk on his face because he knows the answer to that question. 

He's so inappropriate.

"Eli will be back any minute, I'm sure," I remind him and he licks his lips, purposely to hold my attention. 

"Tomorrow?" he questions and I nod since tomorrow is our anniversary. 

Just as I'm laying my head back down onto his chest, the door opens, I almost jump up to see if Lorraine is with him but If I do that, it might scare her away.

Luke and I stay silent, Luke probably because he doesn't care who's here, and me because I'm too excited and nervous to speak. 

"They're somewhere around here," Eli mumbles and so I sit up, pulling Luke's shirt so he'll sit up too. He does so, reluctantly.

Eli leads a very beautiful girl into the living room, and guess what? She's real, suck it, Luke. 

Her gorgeous dark skin contrasts amazingly with her dark blue casual dress and I just wish I looked as good in my glasses as she does hers. I nudge Luke excitedly as they take a seat and most likely to get me to stop, he just throws his arm over the top of the couch behind me. 

"Hi! You're Lorraine?" I nearly squeal out as I clench my fists to keep them from shaking excitedly. 

"I'm sorry," I clear my throat from the weird squeal noise that exits my lips. Luke chuckles quietly from beside me and I elbow his side. 

"Stop laughing at me."

"Lorraine," Eli speaks up, "this is Aubrey and Luke."

She tucks a very curly curl behind her ear and when we make eye contact, I give her a bright smile. 

"Hi," she says quietly.

"Hello! It's very nice to meet you," I stand and walk over to sit beside her. 

Maybe I'm being too friendly.

I hold out my hand for her to shake it, deciding against a hug. She takes my hand gently in hers and we shake. 

"I wouldn't expect much from Luke," I inform her just so she knows he's not rude, it's just who he is.

"Hello on his behalf as well," I smile, and take a glance over at him, only too see him with his cheek rested on his hand and his elbow propped up on the armrest of the couch.

"Lucas!" I whisper-shout kind of loudly. He jerks awake and looks at me. 

How does he even fall asleep that fast?

"Don't go to sleep right now, we have a very nice guest," I tell him and he mumbles a sorry and Eli gives him a smirk. 

"Once you get to know him, that's normal," Eli advises her and she nods. 

"He can also be a bitch," Eli adds and I give him a look. 

"I can hear you, you fuck," Luke grumbles and I take a breath to calm myself. 

I'm this close to locking him in the bathroom. 

"What'd I tell you?" Eli chuckles, leaning back on the couch as Luke gets up from his seat. 

"It's okay," she laughs a little and I feel a tad bit better.

Luke causes a racket in the kitchen as he drops a box of cereal and I pinch the bridge of my nose. 

He will never be even close to a normal person to houseguests. 

"Shit," he curses as he realizes there's barely any cereal left in the box. 

Uh-oh. 

Next thing I know, there's a cereal box flying across the room and directly at Eli's face. 

"You might want to watch out," I dodge the cereal box, "things fly often. It would be worse if Aiden was here. Aiden likes to throw more dangerous objects."

She looks at me with slight alarm. 

"Oh no! Don't let that worry you! As long as you're near me, you're fine," I give her an encouraging smile. 

"Next time you eat the rest of the cereal and don't get another box, I'll fuckin' rip your head off," Luke threatens across the room before pulling out the box of donuts I got him from Dunkin Donuts today. 

"Give me money, what do you think I'm made of money like you?" Eli retorts. 

"Cereal costs three bucks!" Luke throws his hand in the hair. 

"They do this very, very often but don't be mistaken, they are best friends," I give her a nod and a little eye roll. 

Luke and Eli fight like siblings. Aiden too. 

A very loud and rapid knock is heard on the door, speak of the devil.

Luke opens the door and Aiden struts inside, taking a donut from Luke's box. 

"What's going on in here bitche-oh hello! You must be Lorraine!" Aiden smiles walking over to Lorraine and I . 

"Fuck you, Aiden," Luke retorts at him taking a donut. 

"I got you a dozen donuts, don't be stingy," I call out and Luke narrows his eyes at me slightly. 

"You don't need it anyway, fatass," Aiden takes a large bite of his donut and gives Eli a fist bump when Eli laughs. 

"It's worse when he's here," I tell her lowly, "he's like an instigator."

"Are you talking bad about me?" Aiden points his half-eaten donut at me, "I'll have you know I hate my roommate so I don't have a choice but to come back here."

"I'm Aiden," Aiden introduces to Lorraine, offering her a smile, "sorry for all the fighting but if I were you, I'd either tune it out or try and get used to it."

"Hi," Lorraine smiles. 

"You're jealous," Luke flicks him off as Aiden and Eli walk into the kitchen, leaving Lorraine and I alone. 

"A moment of silence in this dorm is rare but wonderful," I give her a smile and she chuckles. 

I can tell she's not the most open person in the world to strangers but I completely understand that. 

"Did you have a nice date?" I ask, hoping to make her a little more comfortable. 

"Oh yes, it was very nice," she nods, "Eli told me you helped him a little bit."

"Only a little."

"Happy anniversary, baby!" Luke shouts out and Aiden bangs a spoon against a pan in celebration. I pick up my phone and look at the time. 

12:01

"Oh my god, you've dealt with his ass for a year, wow," Aiden winces and Luke slaps the back of his head. 

"I love you," he tosses me a donut as, I guess, a present. 

I giggle as I barely catch the donut flying right at me.

"I love you too," I shake my head at him as he gives me a wink while wiggling his eyebrows. 

"Happy anniversary," Lorraine says and I laugh. I'm sure she wasn't expecting so much action. 

"Thank you," I smile.

_____________________

Lorraine stayed for about an hour. She and I talked and I think she started getting a little bit used to all the fighting which is good. 

She seems very grounded, which is perfect for Eli. Although still a little quiet, she's very nice and funny, which also fits with Eli's personality. 

I can tell why they like each other. 

Eli, being the gentleman he's trying to be, walks her out and to her dorm. 

"I told you she was real," I stick my tongue out a Luke but he only leans forward to bite it, narrowly missing it before kissing me. 

"It's tomorrow," he pulls away with a smirk and I roll my eyes. 

"I'm going to sleep and so are you, we have class tomorrow and you have practice bright and early," I grab his hand and pull him to his room. 

I grab my undergarments and pajamas from my drawer in his dresser and as I turn out to go to the bathroom, he grabs my arm.

"Save water with me?" he asks.

"Luke, go to bed," I tell him before leaving and taking a shower. By myself. 

____________________

"Hey, you okay?" Blair asks as we walk out of our one and only class together. 

Other than the fact that Luke hasn't spoken a word to me all day, I'm perfect. 

"I'm fine," I force a smile, "Plus, I wouldn't want to bore you with my problems."

"Oh no! Don't be ridiculous! I rant shit to you all the time, give it to me," she motions for me to bring it on and I shake my head at her. 

"Doesn't your next class start in like five minutes?" I question her. Usually, she leaves my side as soon as our class we have together is over. 

"Nope, my professor is sick, she canceled," she explains and I nod. 

"Where's Luke? I thought you and him usually meet after our class?" she asks and I sigh. That's one of the problems. 

I mean, usually, I wouldn't be that upset if he didn't talk to me for most of the day but today is different. It's our anniversary.

"He hasn't spoken to me at all today except for a little bit this morning," I explain and her eyebrows furrow. 

"Why would he not talk to you?" she asks as we walk the sidewalk to our dorm. 

"I have no clue," I shrug sadly. 

I don't think I did anything. After showering last night, he took a shower and then we both just went to sleep. 

This morning I was a tad bit cranky because I slammed my elbow into doorframe of the bathroom but other than that, I can't think of anything.

I have a bruise too. 

"Maybe he's just busy with class. His professor may have held the class back for something," she comes up with reasons but they just don't seem right.

"Maybe," I decide. 

"Have you tried texting him?" she questions as we walk into our building. 

"I texted him a little bit before class ended to see if we were meeting up but look," I bring out my phone showing her his response.

A 'No' with a period.

That's one reason why I'd rather talk face to face than text. The text he sent, I can't read the tone behind it. Is he mad? Is he just simply saying no?

"Damn," she mumbles as the door to the elevator closes.

"He's probably on his man period, something must've pissed him off," she shrugs and the doors open. 

"But usually he talks to me about those things. He never ignores me, even when we're mad at each other," I take out my keys to our room. 

"Oh! Text that beautiful Eli kid," she smiles, "aren't they friends? I'm sure he knows if something is up."

He is in class right now but I guess he'll just see it later. 

I send Eli a quick message and within seconds my phone dings. 

I climb up on my bed and Blair follows me. 

"He said nothing is wrong with Luke and that he's just busy," I read the text and Blair makes a confused noise. 

"Well, I'm sure he's just got a lot of homework now then," she nods assuringly. 

"You're probably right," I decide. 

I mean, he is a student-athlete. He has practices and he goes to school, I'm sure that it's a lot. 

We get to work on any of our work due soon and soon enough, I have to start going to my last class of the day. 

My last class of the day just so happens to be my favorite. It's an anatomy class, and I just find it so, so interesting but maybe that's just because I want to be a nurse. 

Luke hates it when I come to him and start telling him about the twenty-six bone in his feet or the three muscles that make up his butt. 

He just gets so confused but I find it cute. 

I would stop telling him about his bones if he'd just talk to me. 

___________________

Two hours later after learning about the tissue of the human body, I return to my dorm, still non-existent to Lucas Taylor. 

I keep telling myself I'm okay but it's really starting to get to me now. 

I texted him a few times during class when my professor took breaks to either have something to drink or to blow her nose. 

The flu is apparently going around. Twelve people from my anatomy class were out and from the looks of it, my professor needed to be.

"Still nothing?" Blair asks, half asleep from her bed. I must've woken her up opening the door. 

"No. Sorry for waking you, I'll be quiet," I give her a smile and she waves it off. 

Right as I'm climbing into my bed to watch a Kevin James stand up comedy show on my computer, a loud knock is heard on the door. 

I wish these doors didn't lock automatically. 

"I got it," Blair mumbles, getting up. I place my computer against the wall and turn my back, getting comfortable under my covers and putting my earbuds in my ears. 

I feel a poke on my side and I turn to find Eli looking down at me.

"What are you doing, Eli?" I question, removing my earbuds and sitting up, facing him. 

"Come on, we're going to go somewhere," Eli bends down and grabs a pair of my flip flops, "put these on your dawgs and hop on, girlfriend."

He turns around and gestures for me to get on his back. 

"Eli, where are we going?" I question, getting on his back for a piggyback ride.

"I wish you'd carry me," Blair purrs and I feel Eli tense under me. 

She loves teasing him.

"I'll see you two later!" Blair laughs as Eli rushes us out the door. 

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for practice?" I question Eli as he walks us into the elevator.

"Boo-boo, hush. Do not worry your little head about me," Eli shushes me.

"I can walk, you know," I inform him as we get a few looks in the lobby of the dorm once we get to the main floor. 

"It adds more of an adventure factor when you don't have to walk," Eli explains as he walks to his Jeep parked in the parking lot. 

He sits me down at the passenger side and he helps me climb in his car.

"Where are we going, Eli?" I question and he just gives me a smile, shutting the door. 

Usually, he'd give in by now. 

He gets in his side and begins driving. He turns up the music and both him and I rock out to Queen. 

Killer Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody, which Eli sang each and every voice to, and Under Pressure.

Then, he blasts Dolly Parton. 

Somebody has watched Dumplin' recently.

9 to 5, Two Doors Down, Jolene, Eli's favorite that he knows every word to, and Here You Come Again.

He turns down a gravel road and stops off to the side. 

"Get out," he turns toward me and my eyebrows furrow. 

"What?" I laugh. He can't be serious! I have no idea where I am!

"Boo-boo, hop out," he laughs, "there may or may not be a trail, just follow it."

"But Eli! I'll get lost, I know I will!" I worry and he unbuckles my seatbelt.

"Don't make me drag you out," he warns and I huff, opening the door and getting out. I close the door and stick my tongue out at him. He blows me a kiss before driving off. 

I turn toward the woods and take a deep, calming breath. 

I walk forward and my toe slams into a stump. Of course that would happen right now. 

I nearly fall to the ground in pain and tears gather in my eyes. 

Holy moly, that hurts. 

I lean my arm against a tree and stretch my third toe back and forth. I know it's not broken and that it's only bruised but it feels like it'll fall off. 

After a few minutes, I walk. Limping at first and it doesn't help that I'm wearing flip-flops but hey, maybe Luke is at the end of this trail actually wanting to talk to me. 

The walk is actually not that bad. It's nice and refreshing, especially with the soft breeze blowing and the smell of nature hitting my nose. 

I begin to hear running water and I look to my far left and see a cute little creek. I make a small pit stop by it and I bend down, feeling the cool water.

Little waterbugs float across the top of the creek and I would freak out, considering they're spider-like but I don't. The bugs are just doing what they love; walking on water. 

Noticing how I'm getting sidetracked, I wipe my hands on my old Patagonia and continue on my journey. 

Only a few short minutes later, I come to a clearing. The stream leads out to the clearing but only towards the left-hand side. 

On the ride hand side stands a gorgeous green willow tree. The vine-like limbs fall off the trunk just gorgeously and there are fairy lights intertwined with the vines. 

Luke stands in front of the tree, the setting sun hitting his face gorgeously. He wears nicer clothes than me, a very nice fitting button-up red flannel with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of nice jeans that fit his muscular thighs very well.

I'm wearing an old, thin Patagonia, a pair of cloth shorts, and those flip-flops. 

He watches me as I walk up to him, a small smile on his face. 

"Did I do something? I'm sorry if I did. You haven't talked to me all day and I just-" he cuts me off by grabbing my face and putting his lips on mine. 

"Happy anniversary, baby," he pulls away with a smile before planting a soft kiss on my forehead. 

"Happy anniversary to you too! You aren't mad at me?" I question and he shakes his head. 

"Of course not, Eli and I have been out here exploring for places like this," he motions out towards where we are. 

"That's why I couldn't talk to you. Believe me, it sucked and I missed you," he kisses me again and I nod in understanding.

He takes my hand and leads me through the vines until we're under the tree. A large quilt sits under the tree and I grab my heart.

"Did you do this for me?" I notice my voice rising higher as emotions fill me. 

He's so sweet. 

"Of course. I mean Eli helped me because I threatened him but you deserve it," he smirks and he sits down with a groan like an old man. 

"Is that Popeyes?!" my voice goes even higher as he brings out a Popeyes bag. 

I love Popeyes so, so much.

"Damn right it is," he nods handing me my food. 

"I love you," I smile at him, "this is so, so sweet. I told you we didn't have to do anything!" 

"I couldn't just not do anything," he leans forward placing a quick kiss on my lips. 

"Now hurry so we can watch the sunset like corny motherfuckers," he smirks when I give him a look. 

Fifteen minutes later Luke grabs my hands and pulls me to the other side of the tree. We stand a few feet from the vines just looking out into the clear, setting, colorful sky. Luke's hand rubs up and down my back and I lean my head on his chest. 

"Look at it," I smile softly, "God paints a beautiful picture, doesn't he?"

"Yes he does," his voice rumbles. He takes a deep breath and I take my head off his chest, turning to look up at him.

"Are you okay?" I question and he gives me a smile. 

"You know how bad I am with words," he smiles sheepishly and I nod with a giggle. 

"We've been through a lot together," his hands fiddle about, "with everything with your dad, my mom, your mom, and recently my dad."

"Yeah," I smile sadly, grasping his hands in mine and caressing my thumb over his, "we have been through quite a bit."

"We've had our ups and downs and shit," he winces, "sorry. I won't cuss right now."

My head tilts as a smile spreads across my face. 

"I know for a fact that I would've gotten arrested by now if it weren't for you," he tucks a curl behind my ear. 

"You make me so happy. Without you, I walked around feeling nothing and hating everyone. You came and you changed everything. You made me want to be better for you," my eyes tear up at the sweet words he speaks to me. 

"I'm far from perfect and I know that. I also know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know we said we'd wait but I can't," he begins backing away from me and I hold my breath to keep in a happy little cry. 

He leans forward and places a kiss on my lips. 

"What do you say about keeping me in check forever? Will you marry me?" he gets down on one knee, pulling out a navy velvet box from his pocket and my heart flies out of my chest. Tears fall down my cheeks and I can already feel myself starting to ugly cry. 

Holy snickerdoodles. 

____________________

|
|
|
|
|....I'm just going to leave it at that for this one :))

Thank you all for reading and holy crap, I just couldn't keep this chapter from ya'll any longer. I love you all <3

Word count: 5377

       -Ashlyn Montgomery 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 12.3K 35
Penelope "Dot" Frost; Independent, vicious, vexatious, angry, stoic, quick-witted, smart-mouthed, lonely, and as some would suggest, insane. Everythi...
180K 4.8K 43
It was one of those celebratory nights of Chris and his teammates at , the local dinner. They were a whole chaos of drunkards and noise but people d...
12.2K 235 32
Audrey had always had a secret ever since the accident happened. She never thought it would bother her as she waited for the day that she would gradu...
511K 12.3K 51
Famous NFL quarterback Tate Adam's loves living his single life. Being able to do what he wants when he wants. But when a fire takes down the buildin...