when the moon is tired | โœ“ fi...

By natalienbaker

๐ข'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐จ๐ง ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐ the only way two old lovers knew how to pa... More

โฐ.โต moodboard and locations
ยน
ยฒ
โด
โต
โถ
โท
โธ
โน
ยนโฐ
ยนยน
ยนยฒ
ยนยณ
ยนโด
ยนโต
ยนโถ
ยนโท
ยนโธ
ยนโน
ยฒโฐ
ยฒยน
ยฒยฒ
ยฒยณ
ยฒโด
ยฒโต
ยฒโถ
ยฒโท
ยฒโธ
ยฒโน
ยณโฐ
ยณยน
ยณยฒ
ยณยณ
ยณโด
ยณโต
ยณโถ
ยณโท
ยณโธ
ยณโน
โดโฐ
โดยน
โดยฒ
โดยณ
โดโด
โดโต
โดโถ
โดโท
โดโธ
โดโน
โตโฐ
โตยน
โตยฒ
โตยณ
โตโด
โตโต
โตโถ
โตโท
โตโธ
โตโน
***
***

ยณ

2.6K 74 106
By natalienbaker

"babe, that bacon i smell better not be for me."

violet stands at the stove on the island in her kitchen, finn placed across from her at a bar stool as william comes descending down the stairs of their flat. 

"no, its for finn and i. i already made your protein shake, its in the fridge."

"you do know me so well, love." william kisses her lips gently.

finn stares to the counter, his heart in ache.

once william grabs his shake from the fridge, he turns to look at finn; shaking the bottle roughly as he nods over to him.
"you must be finn, yeah?"

his australian accent took him by surprise, he tries not to let the intimidation show.
"yeah. william, right?"

"its nice to meet you mate." william puts his hand out for finn to shake. his muscles showing within his firm grip.
"violet has told me much about you."

will knew somewhat what had gone on between finn and his girlfriend in the past. of course, violet had left out the violent details. they just seemed so unimportant now. regardless, will didnt feel threatened in the least. for he was successful, and thought violet was in love with him.

"finn and i are going to head out to my work. i thought maybe he could get in some shots with the photographer some time this week for a fold out in his new album."

"ah yes, ive heard your songs on the radio." will turns to finn, an arm around violets waist as she cooks.
"you've got some talent."

finn goes to thank him until a new sentence runs off his lips.
"although violet, being in front of the camera isn't an easy job. its not for everyone."

"well, finns been in front of cameras quite a bit. he's been on the covers of several magazines by now, im sure." she stands up for finn, throwing a gentle smile towards him.

"you cant go assuming things violet, we talked about that." william whispers over to her, causing a confused look to finns face.

"no shes not assuming. shes right."

the couple looks over at finn. a face full of relief to violets face as will stares to him blankly.

"my mistake then." he forces a smile to finn, kissing violets cheek before leaving towards the front door.
"i'm heading down to the gym. see you tonight? i was thinking movies?"

violets taken off guard, for will never offered to take her places with just the two of them. she looks shyly over to finn, back to her boyfriend.
"finns here?"

"oh, thats okay vi. i don't mind hanging out here while you guys go."

she hesitantly looks over to will, shrugging.
"maybe, we'll talk about it later."

silence falls over them as she waits for will to leave out the door. she puts together plates of breakfast for the two of them. sitting down next to finn.
"i dont want to go to the movies tonight."

he looks over to her surprised.
"but i thought you said he doesn't go out with you much?"

"he doesnt."

"then why dont you want to go?"

"because youre not there." she stares over to him.

"vi" he sighs,
"i just want you to be happy. don't ruin your night just because you're worried about me."

"youre only here for a week, finn." her eyes stare to her plate.
"i dont want to leave you." again.

"you might change your mind after an entire day with me today." he smiles to her, lightening the mood.

she smiles back, for he always seemed to know just what to say at the right times.

~*~

the two walk through the doors of the large building. finn gazes around like a lost kid. eyes trailing over the polished room. the air almost quite literally smelling expensive.

"you do not work here, violet." he whispers over to her as she leads them across the floor; echoing in classical music.

"sure do. although, the back stage that i manage isnt quite as glamorous." she walks ahead of finn, saying a gentle hello to the man at the front desk.

a white, gloss painted door swings open to almost an entirely different scene. for most things had a dark tone to it. the surroundings less bright and more open with people running around, busy.

to finn, it was still impressive. for he could tell that the only difference between the back of the building and the lobby; was that hard work was held there.

he follows her down the halls a few feet. her ponytail swings behind her as it brushes her back covered in a solid colored button down. he smiles gently to himself, for he never remember he wearing her hair up much, years ago.

she stops at the first door, peaking in as finn still remained behind her.
"good morning jerry, do you know if felix is here?"

"hes out at the runway actually. i thought he didnt have any photoshoots today?"

"oh he doesn't, im going to see if he can shoot my friend, finn. some time this week." she motions behind her to him. finn smiles, waving at the grey haired man.

"ah. finn wolfhard right?"

finns eyes widen; still caught off guard every time he was recognized in public. which was rather often now.
"yes, sir."

jerry nods,
"my daughters got your poster on her wall."

violet smiles.
"bring her in sometime, jerry."

they wave each other off, heading down the hall and to a stage. the two of them walk down the runway within an empty room. finn had never seen anything like it.

at ground level, a bald man stands with large lights; pointing his camera to the strip runway.

"ah, violet! how are you?" he notices her; his french accent fitting the bill.

"great felix. testing out angles for the next show?"

"always darling."

"i have a favor to ask you." she jumps down from the stage to meet him level. finn following after her.

"whats up?"

"this is finn." she pulls him closer to her.
"are you open sometime this week to shoot him?"

"hmm." he hums.
"are you one of the new models?"

"oh uh, no sir-"

"hes a singer." violet cuts in.
"and he needs some shots for his album."

"shame." felix sighs, fidgeting with his camera as he inspects finn.
"hes got potential."

silence falls in anticipation as violet waits for a proper response.

"i think i have this sunday open for you."
his hand moves to his bearded chin

"great, thanks so much felix."
violet grins, politely saying goodbye as they head back out.

theyre stopped by felixs' voice. causing them to turn around just at the exit.

"you should talk to maverick about this one, violet. we always need more male models; i think he'd be a good fit."

"yeah i think so too." she eyes finn playfully as he gave her a crazed look.
"maybe, i'll talk to him."

the two leave, finn filled with questions as she leads them back to her office.

"whose maverick?"

"my boss. he's the guy that runs this place from a distance. tells me what models to hire and how to run an operation like this."

"i mean thats not so crazy, right?"

"what?" she looks to him. partially smiling for she seemed to already know what was to come from his lips.

"working here. new yorks not a bad city to live in and; well, id see you every day."

"no." she stares to him as she unlocks her office door from outside.
"thats not crazy."

she gets her things situated as finn looks around her room, infatuated.

"except for your band and your current career."

"i know." he sighs, almost disappointed at this fantasy of happiness he had conjured up.
"and the downpayment i just put on my house."

she smiles in sorrow.
"its going to suck when you leave again. i miss having you around."

"well then, i'll just have to visit more often. maybe you could take a week off work and come out to vancouver to visit me. for old times sake."

"i don't know, maybe. missing a week of work is like missing a week of my life. its not that simple."

"then i will keep coming out to you until you have some time off, no problems."

"what about your schedule? i'm sure you're always busy touring and traveling."

"don't worry about that; at least not right now. right now, lets focus on this week. and the gala, and the photoshoot, and the dinner i'm going to take you out to the last night i'm here." he smiles sweetly, holding the both of his hands in violets as he stands in front of her. trying to push the worried, sad thoughts out of her head.

"yeah youre right." she sighs.

the two hesitate, not really knowing what to speak up with.

the earth sets off a consistent hum that seemed to drive violet crazy everyday. but at that very moment, lost in the trace of finns features skimming his face, the world stops. violet could swear the earth stopped spinning, and all fell silent.

it was an effect he often had on her while he was this close.

she almost couldn't stand the silence any longer, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him into an ever so tight hug.

finn sinks to her hold; relieved at the feeling of violet in his arms.

"i know you say not to worry about it. but i wish you'd never leave me, finn." she whispers to his shoulder.

he breathes in her scent, arms well wrapped around her waist.
"im not going to leave you violet cage. not ever."

1632 wc

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

719K 18.5K 39
i have been, and always will be right here. [ c o m p l e t e d ] + #1 in jaedenlieberher
114K 1.9K 36
"๐™๐™๐™š๐™ž๐™ง ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™๐™š๐™™, ๐™จ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ž๐™ง ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ž๐™š๐™จ ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ค๐™ก๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฌ" ๐™ˆ๐™ž๐™ก๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃโ˜ผ๏ธŽ [๐–ฒ๐—‰๐—‚๐–ผ๐–พ] [๐–ฌ๐—‚๐—…๐–ฝ ๐—Œ๐—†๏ฟฝ...
44.5K 2.1K 24
"not everything can be fixed with stupid donuts!" "but its a rainbow donut!" [Book 2] [Book 1; message me]