Strange Ones: Volume 3

Por Diamondheart37

Life keeps on changing for everyone, including all of the heroes of Delta. A school for aspiring heroes has o... Más

The Talk About Now
Delta Heroes Academy
Carly's Interview With Toriel
The Food Fight
New Gear!
The Strange Games
Players for the Games!
The Games Begin
Round One
Visitors from Atlas
"He Was My Dad!"
The Executive
As Heard Through The Door...
A Familiar Face For Two
Chara's Awakening
Escaping the Base
Her Search
"What Have I Done?"
USA's Third Match
The Illusion
Saoirse's Love, Betty's Concern
A Good Man He Was
Atlas in the Coliseum
A Relationship...?
Fear of Being Discovered
Hiding Chara
Something Wrong
Suspicion Rising
Could Have Been Obliterated
Precautions
Playing Detective
Outdoor Brawl
Getting Worried
Unexpected Mystery
Romeo's Warning
Strike Two
Too Many Situations
A Sister-Sister Talk
"Amber Lightvale Doesn't Exist"
The Man in the Mask
Harumi's Mission
Bonding With Chara
The Deal
Plans
Disruption
Beginning of Chaos
Search and Rescue
Whereabouts
On Our Way
Separation
Showdown From Below
Message from a Foe
Battle Scars
Save
Not Human After All
War Has Just Begun...
The Story Continues...

Warn The Leader!

11 0 0
Por Diamondheart37

Yang didn't stop running, for she refused to despite how tired she was getting. She couldn't believe what she just witnessed just recently. She just stumbled upon a conversation between Harumi, Nox, and the Adam Taurus, the Faunus who amputated her right arm before she and Ruby joined Delta! Before she and her cohorts at Delta met Alex and the others! Before Strange Ones migrated from Strange Island to the rest of the world! She couldn't keep her observations to herself and she knew that! She had to tell someone! She had to tell her friends from Delta! She had to tell Asgore!

As the blonde ran from one hallway to another, passing by other people along the way, she looked over her shoulder to make sure she wasn't being followed. No one was behind her. Hopefully, that was a good sign. Hopefully...

Suddenly, Yang felt her ribs cramping from the prolonged running. She took this as a sign that her body had enough fast-paced dashing. She had to stop, but she couldn't help but think that she was being followed by either Harumi and that masked being. Soon, she spotted a nearby bathroom. Letting out a sigh of relief, she decided to hide in there.

Finally, she reached the blue door of the bathroom, pushing it open and walking through it before slamming it shut and locking it. Leaning on the door, Yang breathed in and out of her mouth, her heart pounding against the inside of her chest and her mind racing with panic. After a while, her breathing began to calm down. Sighing, the blonde Lifter slid down on the door before her rear peacefully landed on the cold tiles of the bathroom.

"How..." Yang began to talk to herself. "How am I going to tell him? Will he even believe me?"

With a groan of exhaustion, which she obtained from her hysterical run, the palm of her prosthetic arm touched her forehead and she closed her eyes to think. The Lifter was having flashbacks of today. Initially, everyone expected today to be good since Strange Ones will be celebrating their lives and origins with the Strange Games. Suddenly, Romeo and his "intern" Harumi shows up and Harumi begins to bother Bendy by approaching him, becoming his pet peeve as a result. Then, Alex gave everyone at Delta a text message and an image of a note written by Nox, who happened to be the one who attacked an Atlas soldier and a player for Team UK.

After receiving the message, Yang left the group to process the message in silence. For a while now, she was confused and suspicious. It can't be some kind of scam, right? She thought at first. But after hours of thinking and feeling like everything was going to fall apart, she finally found the pieces to the puzzle she couldn't solve. If it weren't for her eavesdropping on a conversation with Harumi, Nox, and one of Delta's sworn enemies, Yang never would have figured it out.

After thinking it over, she made her decision: she was going to tell Asgore, even if he didn't believe her.

Then all of the sudden, Yang jumped upon hearing the sound of knocking on the bathroom door. Quickly, she went back on her feet and turned around to face the door with her lilac eyes wide again. Yet, she couldn't afford to hesitate. With the thought of a probability of Nox at the door, the hand of her metal arm turned into a fist. Then, without one second of hesitation, her left hand grabbed the door and she hastily swung it open. She blinked with surprise, for no one was there. At least, that was what she thought at first.

"Looking for me?" A dark voice said behind her back.

With that, Yang ran out of the bathroom. She turned her head around again and, just as she thought, found Nox standing at the doorway of the bathroom. Gasping with shock, she kept on running until she was out of his sight.

"Alright, little mouse," Nox said, chuckling menacingly. "Let's play hide and seek then."

Soon, he dissipated in a cloud of dark smoke.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, Qrow and Carly were standing in an empty hallway. Both were exhausted after running, but Carly was the most tired of the two. After all, she did have her hands on her knees and her face was red with tiredness.

"Who was that guy?!" The redheaded girl exclaimed as she tried to regain her breath. "One moment, I discover that Amber Lightvale is actually an artificial life form named Betty and next thing you know it, we're running from a supervillain!"

"Carly, calm down!" Qrow said, grabbing her shoulders firmly. "We both don't know who that was, but we both know that he's bad news. We're gonna have to evacuate the entire coliseum if Delta is to face this guy."

"Isn't that disrupting tradition?" Carly asked. "You guys enjoy this event like your life depends on it. It will be a disappointment if the games end early." She added.

"True," He agreed. "But we can deal with tradition another time. We have a dangerous man wandering in this building and we can't just sit down and let someone else get hurt or killed by him. Knowing that he is dangerous, he has to be stopped."

"But you're not even a part of Delta yourself."

"I only know Asgore and Toriel because of Ruby and Yang. If it weren't for Yang's accident, none of us would be where we are now."

"Well, what are you thinking?" Carly asked.

"For starters, we have to get to Asgore and Toriel first. They'll call everyone at Delta over and they will take care of this guy. Hopefully, Atlas will assist us with getting everyone out of the building unharmed." Qrow answered.

"And what should I do after that?" She asked.

"I want you to get to safety as well."

"That's it?" Carly's eyes widen. "You don't want me to regroup every Youth Member I can find here?"

"You're not a Youth Member from Delta, Carly." The crow Morpher said firmly. "I respect you for being a human, but you need to get to safety as soon as we get to Asgore and Toriel. Sure, most of your race's population are intelligent, but all of you are vulnerable to what us Strange Ones deal with every day."

"You're right," The girl nodded. "I'm human and I'm smart, but I'm not physically strong enough to deal with what Delta has to deal with. It's simple, right? Just go to Asgore and Toriel to warn them and evacuate the entire building. It's that easy, right?"

"It won't be simple." Qrow shook his head, and Carly groaned in response. "There's going to be a chance that no one will believe us due to how vague our evidence will be."

"Then, how are we going to be specific then?"

Before he could answer, a voice behind him said, "Qrow Branwen?"

With that, Qrow flinched and turned around to find Thorax and Nat standing behind him. The changeling appeared to be confused, but the light blue Inkling was looking up at him with folded arms and a stoic expression on her face. Meanwhile, Carly looked over the man's shoulder before readjusting her glasses to see the other two Youth Members clearly.

"What are you doing here?" Thorax asked with a raised eyebrow.

"And why aren't you your usual drunk self yet?" Nat asked before she was jabbed in the arm by the changeling.

"Uh, it's a long story, but-" Qrow was disrupted by the sound of an explosion in another hallway.

The four turned around to find something yellow smash through the wall before rolling on the ground. As soon as it stopped, it was revealed to be a violently beaten Yang whose hair was a ruffled mess and her skin and clothes were filthy with dust and ash. In response, Qrow, Thorax, and Nat pulled out their weapons as Carly hid behind the trio. But before any of them could approach her, another figure hovered through the hole in the wall. Carly gasped in shock and Qrow's red eyes widen, for it was him.

The four watched as Nox's shadow hovered over Yang. The masked man hummed before going down on one knee and putting his hand over her chest. A yellow heart-shaped soul that shined bright as gold appeared.

"Hmm..." Nox tilted his head before chuckling. "Impressive." He said. "Your soul has plenty of strength. It is powerful enough for the harvest."

"Harvest?" Qrow whispered before he gasped in realization: he was going to take her soul!

"I'll take that if you don't mind." With that, he lifted his right arm and an inky spear formed from the palm.

Meanwhile, Qrow growled before pointing his sword at him and saying, "I don't think so..."

Nox hummed in confusion. But when he turned around, he found the four standing at the other side of the hallway. He flinched in surprise, but he chuckled again and said, "Ah, I see. Qrow Branwen..."

"Who are you? What do you want?" Qrow demanded.

"Who I am is not important to you." Nox said. "I have come here to vanquish every hero of Delta. That way, my people will finally get what they want and the weak will bow down to them."

"What the heck is he talking about?" Nat whispered, raising an eyebrow.

"Did he say something about a harvest?" Thorax whispered.

"Alright, Mr. Anonymous," Qrow growled slightly before pointing his free hand at Yang. "What do you want with my niece?"

"Oh?" Nox raised an eyebrow, pointing his spear at the blonde. "This girl is one of your relatives, I see. To answer your question, she is one of the many Youth Members at Delta and she must be destroyed. But after looking into her soul, I realized she has proven to be a perfect candidate for the harvest."

There was that word again.

"What do you mean 'harvest'?!" Nat snarled, pointing her ink gun at him.

"My colleagues hired me to collect seven souls for a special project." The man in the mask explained. "Of course, it will be a surprise for only the entire world to see. It involves the power from seven soul-strong Strange Ones and a test subject for the one infected by the dark gifts of the most forbidden substance known to our kind."

"If that's so," Qrow squinted at him before his grip on his weapon became tight. "Then I won't let you kill my niece in front of me!"

"So, you're willing to risk your life to protect this fiery beauty?" Nox gestured to Yang again, then gave off his signature shady chuckle. "Very well. I'd like to put you to the test, but I can't do that with children in the way."

With a grunt, the man turned around to face the others. "Get Carly out of here. Go to Asgore and inform him of this. Even if he believes you or not, evacuate the building."

"Okay." Thorax nodded without a second thought.

Qrow watched as the three teenagers marched away from the two men. As soon as they were gone, he turned his face back to the masked man, who lifted the spear in his hand. Then, his weapon shifted to a shiny black sword, which he spun around before going into a battle stance.

"Now," Nox said, smirking below his mask. "Let's dance, old man."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.8K 63 52
Alex and her friends are going to Strange Island, home of the Strange Ones, to spend their summer for a vacation, and they hope that they will have a...
6.7K 441 31
❛ I AM NOT MY FATHER. ❜ The story of the Overlord vs. the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master has been passed down for generations, but few people still believ...
42K 1.2K 14
What instead of having a son, Toriel and Asgore had a daughter? A daughter who never died? A daughter named (y/n). Monsters have been locked in the...
892 62 23
"The only thing that's clear is there's something bigger going on. And we have to find out what that is before something happens." Tragedy strikes in...