Reborn (Apollo x OC)

By lavishlife

The oracle gripped her hair and slowly tore it open through its tangles. Her clouded eyes met Zeus's lighteni... More

Introduction and Characters
Chapter 1 "Islands of Ice."
Chapter 2 "Glaciers."
Chapter 3 "The Titaness."
Chapter 4 "The Girl."
Chapter 5 "The Gods."
Chapter 6 "A Name..."
Chapter 7 "Preservation"
Chapter 8 "Blood and War."
Chapter 9 "The Sun see's all."
Chapter 10 "Plotting."
Chapter 12 "Love."
Chapter 13 "Camp what?!"
Chapter 14 "Punishment."
Chapter 15 "Titaness to Demi-Goddess"
Chapter 16 "Godly Errands"
Chapter 17 "The Gift"
Chapter 18 "Silver Arrow"
Chapter 19 "Rose Chariot"
Chapter 20 "An Ancient Love"
Chapter 21 "A Promise"
Chapter 22 "God of Whining"
Chapter 23 "Change of Plans"
Chapter 24 "A Terrible Promise."
Chapter 25 "Unresolved Feelings"
Chapter 26 "Prying Eyes"
Chapter 27 "forced into confession"
Chapter 28 "Golden Eyes, Frozen Tears."
Chapter 29 "The Imposter"
Chapter 30 "A Warm Touch"

Chapter 11 "Seducing The God of War."

6.2K 172 8
By lavishlife

Day by day I spent around Ares, pretending to form a plan to win the woman he desires heart. Yet he doesn't know it's I who's seducing him. According to Hera and Apollo, when it comes to love he softens. Yet I doubt when Ares looks me in the eyes he sees nothing more than a rotten child.

After speaking with Hera, we've decided that being partially truthful will gain his trust but not expose one's true motives. So I told him only a portion of the plan.

"I don't believe I alone can convince her to fall in love with you again, at least with not words. Perhaps we need to try something new. From what we know of her, Aphrodite does not like to feel threatened. She can be cunning and would do whatever it takes to get back what's her's." I explained. Ares crosses his arms and watches me curiously, he was open to whatever ideas I had.

"What are you implying?" Asked Ares.

"This might sound strange and I don't even know if I'm capable of doing it but perhaps you-or maybe even we-could make her jealous." I slowly suggested, my body tense with rising fear that he might explode in anger or laugh in my face.

Yet he stood unmoving, buried with thought; his eyes wandering. Was he truly considering my plan? I mean... the plan was pretty cliche but no doubt it'll work.

"How would we go about making her jealous?" Asked Ares.

He's not cleverest of the bunch, I thought it was pretty obvious what had to be done. But I found myself clarifying.

"Perhaps... erm... you and I could appear closer from her perspective. I mean she's already threatened by my existence as a Titan... this will just add to our plan significantly." I stammered, careful with my words and explanations.

Again, he surprised me by not reacting the way I'd assume he would. "Fine. I don't see the harm. Just don't get too attached girl." Shrugged Ares, his eyes glaring into mine at the last few words.

I forced a soft smile and nodded. To be entirely honest, I wasn't looking forward to this. What have I gotten myself involved in...?

~

Anytime Aphrodite would show herself Ares and I would go out of our way to speak to one another, seemingly having what appeared to be a humorous or interesting conversation. Yet when I looked back she didn't even look threatened. I squeezed my lips into a thin line and focused my attention back to Ares.

Did I need to be more obvious?! Maybe she didn't catch the hint? Maybe she didn't care that Ares was interested in someone else?

I looked around and my eyes landed on Apollo seeking reassurance. But I didn't even receive a glint of a smile from him. His face was blank and unreadable. I felt a pit in my stomach grow and quickly looked away. Something didn't feel right.

I think Ares started to realize what I had before and probably had the same idea as I did, he wrapped his arms around my shoulders pulling me towards his side to appear closer to me. Dionysus stood before us taking small drinks from his chalice full of wine, he watched us with a grin.

"She's grown quite a bit hasn't she?" Suggested Ares, a cocky grin spreading across his face.

"Indeed she has, not much of an imp anymore it seems." Teased Dionysus.

I felt myself grow colder in annoyance, I think Dionysus felt it because he let out a shiver.

"Ah, she was never an Imp! She's always been a lovely girl." Cut in Hermes.

I felt an odd sensation when hermes was around. I didn't know if I could trust him, not after what happened last time in Persephone's green house. Part of me felt like he didn't intend for that to happen, that he was just being mischievous and wouldn't have taken it a step farther.

"Far from it! She was such a damned annoying brat." Grinned Ares.

I shot him a glare and nudged his arms off me, moving away from his side. "I was never a brat. You're just moody and find everything annoying." I challenged.

Ares eyes glinted with rivalry and Hermès let out a chuckle. "I think I agree with her on that one."

Dionysus raised up his chalice, "Cheers to that!"

He threw his head back finishing off the rest of the sour liquid, a lazy grin stained with purple spread across his lips. His curly black hair falling over his face without a care. He was already drunk.

I sighed and found myself away from the group, Ares, Hermes, and Dionysus still chatting away.

I was standing in the corner staring at a nearby statue, a centaur wrestling with what seemed to be a hero. Spears clashing.

I felt a presence move behind me and turned to face Apollo, he leaned against the wall with a brooding look. I raised a curious eyebrow at him and received a sinister smile from him.

It wasn't bright. It wasn't toothy. It wasn't happy. It was something else. Something I couldn't place my finger on. What was his deal today?

He stepped closer and I felt myself flinch, yet all he did was stand next to me facing the statue as well. "Do you know anything about this?" Asked Apollo, gesturing towards the statue.

I shook my head allowing him to explain. "It's Chiron training the hero Hercules."

I didn't know much about Chiron and Hercules. Only what I was briefly taught as a child.

"I heard Centaur's are-erm... what's the word-" I started.

"I know what you're thinking. No, Chiron isn't like the rest of them. He's very mature and intelligent." Reassured Apollo.

His face seemed to light up when he spoke of Chiron. Centaurs are infamous for partying and just practicing immature behavior. I wonder what makes Chiron so different?

"You speak highly of him, was he a friend of yours?" I asked, smiling.

"Actually I taught him a lot of what he knows now, I was his foster father." Elaborated Apollo.

My eyes light up in interest, "Really?!" I Exclaimed.

The cautiousness in the room before had fleeted and was replaced with comfort.

"Yeah. I taught him how to play instruments and about medicine, he's a really neat Centaur." He beamed.

I felt my heart pang with warmth. Hearing about his interests made happy, he was so passionate. It was fascinating to watch.

Sometimes I forget how old Apollo is compared to me. Yes he appeared young but his soul was a different story.

His eyes quickly changed from the passion before to something more serious and again, unreadable. "How's the plan working out with Ares?" Asked Apollo, his voice monotone.

"I-It's not going as I expected. She doesn't seem that bothered at all..." I said sighing.

To my surprise, he stepped closer to me. He placed his finger under my chin and tilted my head upwards to face his. His bright eyes melted deeply in mine, like they were soaking in all my secrets.

"Just talking to him won't threaten her... you need to be more intimate." He said softly.

He let go of my chin and turned his back on me, "She's the goddess of love... she knows every trick in the book including yours. You need to be more convincing."

And with that he left, leaving me stranded and blushing.

~

I was sitting on a patch of grass located in vast gleaming fields, a fountain pen in my hand hovering over a blank sheet of paper. I wanted to write my feelings down yet I couldn't even decipher what I was feeling... do I explain my events and maybe it being on paper would be easier for me to understand.

But nothing came to mind. Grass rustling caused my head to shoot up towards to sound, my eyes landing on Ares. He stood tall, the sun towards his back casting a looming shadow over me. His arms were crossed over his chest and the shadow hid his face.

"H-hello Ares." I stammered.

He glanced at the blank piece of paper and knelt down snatching it from my hands. "What is this?" He asked as he examined the blank paper.

"A piece of paper..." I mumbled.

He rolled his eyes, "I knew that! I just mean what is it for?"

I shrugged, "I wanted to write something but-"

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I came to talk to you about our plan." Ares Said wafting the paper in my face and then proceeding to crumple it up to be thrown behind him with no care.

I frowned but didn't argue, it was just paper after all. "It's not really turning out like it should've-" I started but was interrupted.

"No shit. Look, talking to one another and occasionally touching won't make her jealous." Said Ares. I have a feeling he would suggest what Apollo had before. Yet I sat and listened. "We need to be more convincing, more-what's the word?"

"Intimate..." I added with dismay.

He finally nodded, "Yup."

I bit my lip and pondered. What did this entail? Did he mean hugs... flirting... and kissing...? I couldn't imagine doing such things, let alone with him. I never thought about it. Love was something I've always been ignorant to and now I'm getting dragged into it all. Was this even worth it anymore? Why am I wasting my time with god drama? Because I feared Ares or even Apollo?

I shuttered, and looked him in the eye. "If we're to be intimate, I'm setting the boundaries."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6 0 6
Archeologist Xander Grail and his Husband, Snake Averous, a specialist in Art History and ancient languages, are invited to investigate a mysterious...
1K 72 15
"And so, we called you here to propose an offer.." Jaemin shifted in his seat, a subtle quirk in his brow, and a shine of unreadable concentration in...
63.1K 1K 36
It's been 5 years since the last battle happened. The Earth became so peaceful that they thought that there will be no more wars will come, but that'...
49.1K 1K 32
Ashley and her friends became the first people ever to go into the forbidden forest and come out alive when they were just 6 years old, so they alone...