The Queen of the Prey

By LaniNKS2018

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked Xander, my voice void of any emotions. I was in my warrior stance... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 4

23.3K 910 108
By LaniNKS2018

I was dragged into one of our interrogation rooms; everything was white, the walls, the table, and the chairs. The only thing that was different was the two-way mirror. I was forced into the seats that faced away from the mirror. This was a room I have never been in. This was their plan, make me feel isolated and uncomfortable. But it was no use. I placed my hands on the arms on the chair, and they grabbed at the silver cuffs attached and hooked them on my wrists. I didn't flinch; even though I felt the silver burn at my wrists, this was nothing compared to my past. I closed my eyes to check on the fire. The soul was still active burning through the entire attic. It was beautiful; I saw many wolves try and failing to tame my flames.

This is our power, Ana; we could run now. Let me break this chain. Ulrica whispered in my ear.

No, we need to see Xander first. I answered, the door slammed, and the frame shook from the force. I open my eyes and look straight ahead at the wall. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw the two men step back towards the mirror wall. I focused all my energy on keeping my heartbeat steady. 

Breath in, breath out.

Breath in, breath out. I

Footsteps circled me until the Alpha finally stepped in front of me. I keep my eyes straight, never looking at his face. Alpha took a deep breath before he brought his face close to mine. I could smell the anger roll off him.

"Stop the flames. NOW." he commanded using his Alpha voice. I move my eyes up to his clenched jaw.

"Let me see Xander," I said softly. Alpha slammed his fist on the table leaving a dent.

"Stop the fire." he seethed at me. I take another deep breath.

"I will comply if I see Xander" I calmly whisper. This time I meet his eyes. They were flashing from his regular brown to his wolfs yellow. I could hear my heartbeat stutter for a second. Shit, his wolf was close, and I was chained up with no means to defend myself.

Let me help, Ana. Rica pleaded

No, focus on keeping the soul under control. I can handle this. I told Rica. I looked back at the Alpha who seemed to be mind linking someone. For a second I thought he was calling Xander until the door opened again and my father walked in.

*CAUTION: This part does contain violence*

"I got this, no need to soil your hands chief. " He mumbled in the Alpha's ear. Hearing those words made my stomach drop ten feet below ground; my father didn't care what state he leaves me in. In the corner of my eye, I saw the alpha nod his head. When he leaves, I draw into myself, letting everything around me grow still, and then I cast my senses to follow him. I feel his life source go into the room next to ours along with another life. The Alpha's was warm and pulsing while the other shone brighter than any I have felt. My head shoots up, Xander's in the next room. I try to move my head to look into the mirror when I feel the sting of the slap.

"Look at me girl." He demanded, and he grabs my chin roughly and forces me to look into his eyes: fury and hate, "My daughter dares to not give me her undivided attention. It seems I haven't been training you as diligently as I thought. Should we correct this error?" He whispered in my ear. Cold sweat ran down every pore in my body. The iron taste of blood forced me to realize I was practically biting my tongue off. Fear, I could smell my own fear and blood in the air. 

"Stop them now." He hissed in my face. My hands shook violently against the chair. This man has turned me into a shivering mess in mere seconds. There was always something I could count on from this man. His hate for his only daughter. The person who took his mate away. He would always bring pain and plenty of it.

"No," I whisper, he pulls at my hair and punches me hard. My head whips to the side and I feel more blood pool in my mouth. Shit, that hurt. I notice something shiny on his hand...Damn him; he brought his silver knuckle rings. He grabs at my head and makes me look at his face again. Defiantly, I spit the blood, and it lands right in his eye. I give him a tight smile.

"You better hurry," I mumble " I can feel the fire spread to the 9th floor." I finished with a toothy grin. If my father wasn't ready to kill me before, he was thinking about it now. He threw another punch and this time the chair was thrown to the side taking me with it. I heard the sickening crack of my head hitting the floor before I felt the pain erupt in my head. I took a shaky breath.

Ana! Rica called, her voice distant. I clenched my teeth.

I'm fine. I lied, I can take it, Rica. I thought firmly. Besides, this was nothing compared to the whip. I felt my chair rise and saw my father smile at my bloody mouth. I narrowed my eyes. What did I ever do in my past life to be spawned from this monster? 

"Silly, silly girl." He whispered in my ears, "Do you think you matter to him?" For the first time, I felt my eyes water...damn him. This man could hit my body as much as he wants, but those words cut more profound than any wound he ever inflicted on me. Damn him. I look into the light and blink back the tears before I felt the punch to my stomach all air escapes me and I began to cough violently. I felt another blow to my stomach. I can't breathe...I can't think. It felt like a bunch of bricks was bulldozing my lungs, my throat was burning from holding my cries in. My head was exploding. He lifted my head again by my hair.

"So weak." He mumbled before backhanding me. The chair fell again. I held in my cry as I felt my shoulder pop out of place. I learned the first time that my father liked when I screamed. He loved when I beg.

Ana, if you take any more hits with that ring, you will pass out, and I won't be able to control the flames! Rica urged.

Not yet, the soul needs to reach the control panel. How much longer? I asked the pain was starting to get to me, and it doesn't help that I haven't eaten in a week and the last time I had water was yesterday morning.

"That's enough" A chilling voice sounded. I look up and see him, Xander.

*END OF VIOLENT SCENE*

The soul's in place, Ana! We need Xander alone. Rica urged.

"Let me talk to her alone," Xander said. I lowered my head feeling a little giddy. I saw my father take a step back and nod. He starts to walk out but whispers something to Xander who nods.

Did you hear what he said? Rica asked

Not a damn word. I confirmed. I listened to the click of the door. Xander sighs deeply. I keep my head down, but I feel his eyes on me. He walks over to me and picks up the chair, careful not to touch me. He moves to the back of the chair, out of my sight.

"Anala," he whispers in my ear, and I couldn't stop the small shiver run up my spine. He has never called me by my name, "Turn off the flames." He finished.

Ready when you are Ana.

Do it. I urged. Right when I thought the words the lights began flickered on and off. The emergency lights were on, and the packed house was officially on lockdown. We both heard the distinctive sound of the door bolting down. No one comes in or out. Xander jumped to the door and slammed his shoulder against it.

"You and I both know, that door was built to withstand even me. It won't open." I said calmly flexing my fingers.

"What did you do?" Xander seethed at me. I yank my arms up with all my strength breaking the silver cuffs.

"I stopped the flames as you asked," I said calmly rubbing my burnt wrists. These were not going to heal unless I get some food in me. I sighed.

"Why is the pack on lockdown then?" he snarled.

"Because I cut the power," I said smiling, "And due to the protocol that means every single wolf available to fight is surrounding the pack house in case there is an attack, including the Alpha and Beta." I stood up and dragged the chairs to the far wall facing each other.

"They will figure it out," Xander smirked. I smiled back; I just needed the few minutes for a distraction.

"I know," I said softly, "The power will be back up in a couple of seconds." Right on cue, the lights turned back to normal, but my eyes were on the door. I could feel the soul gliding down to me. I smiled and stretched out my hand, beckoning it to me. Xander saw this and looked down shocked. The soul finally managed to get all the way under the door before floating to me. I heard footsteps rush to the door and fists banging on it.

"Box," I whispered to the soul before grabbing Xander and pushing him towards the chairs. I gasped when I felt the shocks of warmth when I touched him. In a blink of an eye, we were in a glass box.

"What the hell just happened?" Xander bellowed. I look at him and put a finger to my mouth before pointing to the door.

"Shh...Just watch," I assured. Xander looked like he wanted to say something, but we were distracted when my father broke down the door. The first expression that crossed his face was confusion before it filled with rage and I had to put my hand over my mouth to keep my laugh in.

"They're gone!" He howled, and the Alpha came charging in.

"I'M RIGHT HERE!" Xander screamed jumping up and ran right into the invisible wall.

"They can't hear you," I informed him, Xander looked back at me shocked rubbing his nose.

"Then why did you tell me to be quiet?" He asked

"So we could watch them freak out," I said a little giddy. My attention was caught when I saw my father run out of the room, probably to check the cameras.

"H-How?" Xander stuttered.

"I think I read about this in a book, about a magician who put a rabbit in a box and when he said a magic word he showed the audience that the rabbit disappeared. Well, it was just a trick. See the box had a mirror that split it in half, and he put the rabbit behind that mirror so it could reflect an empty box or in our case, a room." I said waving around to show him our space, I continued, " Add in my tricks, and we have a soundproof room where we can see everything that is happening on the outside and be protected in here." I finished grinning at my plan. Xander looked appalled.

"I promise I won't hurt you," I said as softly as I could. He looked like he didn't believe me, but he straightened his shoulders and looked into my eyes.

He's trying not to show fear...cute Rica teased. And I mentally rolled my eyes.

I took a deep breath.

"So let's talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 700 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
515K 14K 60
"My daughter, will never be in charge of this pack, so get that idea out of your head" I'm absolutely gob smacked, I decide to put the earlier idea f...
924K 20.2K 63
**EXCERPT FROM THE STORY** "As the new Alpha of vengeful eyed pack,I thereby pass my first judgment on Ciara Acacia Jones,You are therefore demoted t...
2.2K 33 20
"I have a partner, you can't stay in the Power Axis pack." Alpha Oswald smirked "I think that's what rejection stands for." I retorted with a wince...