Sage ā–ø Stiles Stilinski [Book...

By vividparacosm

"You do realize that I'm supposed to tell you when you're throwing yourself into a dangerous situation and th... More

Prologue: Sage āœ“
Chapter One: The Beginning āœ“
Chapter Two: Silver Linings āœ“
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
35.
36.
37.
38.
SEQUEL
EDITED VERSION NOW AVAILABLE

34.

50.8K 1.4K 816
By vividparacosm

♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ 

THIRTY FOUR. 

           Sage was growing extremely convinced that there was some sort of large, red sign on her back saying 'HEY, FREE KILL' because in the past few months, she's been mauled, hurled, and held at gun point at least twenty times. Not to forget the fact that Allison's mom almost suffocated her and Scott with wolfsbane. Right now though, she's never been more terrified of actually dying. All of those other times there was some sort of possibility that she wasn't going to be the next dead body in Beacon Hills, but having Matt place a gun at the back of her head brought a feeling in her stomach she hasn't felt in a very, very long time. 

        After Matt shouted at her with the barrel on her skin, he forced her to take of Stiles' hoodie. Sage felt disgusted as she tore the fabric off her because of the reasoning behind it. The only purpose in taking off the hoodie was because it belonged to Stiles and Matt was convinced she belonged to him. When the hoodie dropped to the ground next to the body of the dead woman, Matt roughly grabbed a hold of her upper arm, shoving her through the hallway until they were in front of the Sheriff's office. She hissed out in pain when her arm hit the side of the door but didn't dare speak as she walked into the office. 

    Sheriff was the one to notice her first, his face going slack as Scott and Stiles stared at him in question. "Sheriff?" Scott asked, both boys turning around to see what he was looking at. As soon as they realized what was going on, Sage being pushed forward by Matt's gun, they froze in their spot as well. Stiles' eyes connected with Sage's and she immediately rushed over to him, moving so that she was in between his body and Scott's. Sheriff slowly raised up from his seat, his eyes focused on the gun placed in Matt's hand. 

        "Matt? It's Matt, right?" Sheriff confirmed. Matt only nodded, his grip on the gun getting tighter as he continuously glanced over at Sage who was wrapped up in Stiles' arms, Scott standing protectively in front of the girl. His attention was brought back to Sheriff when he began speaking again. "Matt, whatever's going on, I can guarantee there's a solution that doesn't involve a gun." 

        Matt grinned at the man's choice of words. "You know, it's funny you say that because I don't think you're aware of how right you are." 

        "I know you don't want to hurt people." 

        "Actually, I want to hurt a lot of people," Matt disagreed, tilting the gun in a shrugging manner. "You four weren't on my list, but I could be persuaded; and one way is to try dialing someone on your cellphone like McCall is doing." Sage and Stiles glanced over to see that Scott's hand was pulling free from his pocket as he glanced towards them in panic. "Yeah, that could definitely get someone hurt. Everyone," He gestured towards for them to set their phones down on the desk. "Now!" 

        "Come on," Sheriff muttered, trying to use a gentle voice as he nodded towards the three teenagers. 

        Everyone hesitated for a second before the two boys started to dig through their pockets. Stiles ended up pulling out two phones, one of them being his own while the other was Sage's. She didn't have pockets on her dress from Lydia's party and for that very reason, she gave it to Stiles. They fell onto the desk, overlapping with each other. Glancing back, they all waited for their next order. As of right now, all that was possible in this situation was to shut up and obey what Matt asked. 

        He sent another grin towards the four people he's holding captive, and Sage could feel her sides begin to sting. Something was going to happen tonight, and it wasn't going to end with smiles. It was going to end with blood, and the real question is: who's?

♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐

        Sage and Scott stood off to the side, watching as Stiles handcuffed his father to the bench in the holding room. That was their first order from the boy, not having wanted Sheriff to be in the way of things, the only option was to keep him somewhere they most likely would not be visiting for a while. Stiles was silent, and Matt had the gun trained on her boyfriend's head which only created an even larger fear of something happening to him. His finger was so close to the trigger that by the time they even attempted to stop him, Stiles would be dead. 

        The sound of multiple clicks announced that Stiles had accomplished putting the handcuffs on his dad. Looking back towards Matt expectantly as if he were making sure it was okay, Matt let out a single snort before waving the gun. "Tighter." 

        "Do what he says," Sheriff demanded, looking towards his son. There wasn't a single moment of hesitation as he said it, for he would rather have his whole wrist cut off from the constrictions rather than witness his son being shot for not following instructions. Stiles sucked in a deep breath before pushing it tighter until his dad's skin was straining. 

        Matt was pleased after that, ushering Stiles over where he immediately grabbed a hold of Sage, sharing a look with Scott. There was nothing for them to do in a situation like this. Scott couldn't wolf up because Jackson was still in the building and could easily kill them all. Hell, even Derek couldn't win against the Kanima. Sage felt useless as she stood next to the two boys, trying to think of any sort of plan that could get them out but came up short. 

        It was quiet up until Scott halted in front of her, creating a ripple as she nearly ran into his back which made Stiles nearly run into her's. They both looked towards their friend in confusion only to turn and finally see what made him stop so abruptly. In the hallway, multiple bodies of deputies lay in their own blood, mangled and torn apart by Jackson. Scott turned to glare at Matt. 'What, are you going to just kill everyone in here?"

        He shrugged before, once again, pushing all of us forward and away from the scene. Sage felt repulsed, more so how a person can kill so many innocent people with families. For all Matt knew, one of those men could have just had a daughter or a son, or was getting married in a few months. For all he knew, he just left a kid fatherless and a woman as a widow. 

        "No," He disagreed. "That's what Jackson's for. I just think about killing them and he does it." When they finally got back to the Sheriff's office, orders came filing in again. Turning towards Scott and Sage, Matt nodded towards the pile of papers in the floor. "You two, shred the rest of the evidence. Stilinski, start deleting the videos." 

        Everyone did as told, Sage and Scott falling down onto the floor while Stiles walked over to the computer. His eyes would continuously glance up though every time Matt shifted the gun's direction from him to Sage, feeling his heart pick up in fear that the psychopath would shoot his girlfriend right in front of him. He didn't bother questioning what happened to the hoodie that was once on her body, able to decipher well enough that Matt didn't exactly like the idea of the two of them dating.

        Stiles sighed and looked up after seeing that everything was finally gone. "Deleted." When he looked up, he noticed that Scott was holding up an empty folder and Sage's hands were free of papers. No more evidence. "And we're done. Okay, Matt, so since all of the people you brutally murdered who deserved it because they killed you first, whatever that means, we're good here, right? I'll just take my dad and we'll go. You know, continue on the whole vengeance thing. Enjoy the Kanima." 

        Lights flashed through the window, coming through the shades and nearly blinding everyone in the office. The sound of a car engine was enough to alarm Sage, and she felt her heart drop as she realized who was outside. Scott had called his mom before Matt showed up. She was supposed to be coming here to confirm that it was Matt at the hospital and make a statement. The blonde turned to look at Scott while Stiles hung his head down in defeat. Now both of their parents were in the station with a psychotic murderer. 

        "Sounds like your mom's here, McCall," Matt cheered from his place in one of the chairs. Sage glared at him, wanting nothing more than to just get the Kanima to rip his face off. If he were standing next to someone like Aiden, she would gladly murder Matt first if she could. 

        From beside her, Scott began to panic. "Matt, do't do this. When she comes to the door, I'll tell her to leave. I'll tell her we didn't find anything. Please, Matt." A bang came from outside the office, and they all diverted their eyes outside. It was too late to stop her now, Melissa was already in the building. 

        "If you don't start moving now, I'm going to kill Sage and Stiles first," Matt snarled, pointing his gun towards the blonde directly next to the teen wolf. She immediately froze in her spot and Scott moved a bit so he was standing in front of her, shielding any chances of a bullet harming her. "And then I'm going to kill your mom." 

        Scott started moving after that once Stiles gave a nod that it was okay. Sage trailed behind Scott, feeling Stiles lace their fingers together to try and distance themselves as far away from Matt, who was practically hovering over them. Scott hesitated once he got to the door, debating whether or not he wanted to open it and risk his mother's life. Matt was growing impatient and growled out the words, "Open...the...door." 

        The werewolf did as told, and Sage tightened her grip on Stiles' hand as she waited for Melissa's face to appear. Just as the door swung back, they were all surprised to see that it wasn't Scott's mom standing there but another familiar face. Derek was there, his usual look of irritation contorted all across his face as he stared at the four of them. Despite noticing how Stiles and Scott let out a heave in relief, she only grew more concerned now that the werewolf was here. There was no way even he could stand up to the Kanima. 

        "Oh thank god," Scott let out, but all of his hope crashed to the floor — literally — when Derek toppled on the ground. Sage cried out but Stiles refused to let go of her hand so she could drop down next to Derek. Where he used to be standing, Jackson was now placed, half of his face transforming into the Kanima. His eyes began to change into slits, only adding onto the effect of a reptile. Slowly, he walked forward and circled around the group of teenagers before settling on a place in the door frame of Sheriff's office.

        From the ground, there was a scoff from Derek. "This is the one controlling him? This kid?" 

        "Well, Derek, not everyone is lucky enough to be a big, bad werewolf," Matt spat. Sage's eyebrows raised in surprise, wondering how in the hell he knew about Derek. He must have sensed their confusion because he stood up and smirked at him. "Oh yeah, that's right, I've learned a few things lately. Werewolves, hunters, kanimas, druids. It's like a freaking Halloween party every full moon. Except for you, Stiles. What do you turn into?" 

        Stiles tightened his grip on Sage's fingers more than she thought was possible. "Abominable snowman, but it's more of like a winter time thing. You know, seasonal."

        Matt raised his eyebrow in question before there was a small slicing sound. Sage was shocked when she felt weight begin to drag her down, catching on that Jackson had cut Stiles. When she moved to grab his waist to steady him, the Kanima raised a clawed hand at her face, threatening her to try and continue. She glared at the thing before stepping back, her hand falling back to her neck where she felt a small incision exactly like Stiles'. 

        Her boyfriend uttered out, "Bitch," before he crashed onto Derek's chest. Sage would have found humor in it if it weren't for the fact that they were paralyzed and could do absolutely nothing about it. Instead, her heart just began beating faster and she felt completely helpless just staring at them. 

        "Get him off of me," Derek snapped, annoyed that there was a body on top of him. Even though he couldn't feel his limbs, it still annoyed him that the teenager was in such a close proximity to him. 

        "Oh, I don't know, Derek," Matt said, grinning down at them. "I think you two might make a pretty good pair. That way, I can have Sage all to myself." He looked over at her, and she felt the Kanima's hand move forward, trailing along her face as if he were simply living out Matt's fantasies. 

        Sage thought she was going to convulse right then, absolutely repulsed at even the thought of Matt. "Like hell. You're a psychotic asshole that thinks killing people is fun. No one is ever going to want to date you after they find out what you did to all of those innocent pe—" She was shut up when Jackson's hand moved from her cheek to her mouth.

        Matt's eyes flickered with anger as he narrowed his eyes on her. "Your pretty, little mouth should shut the hell up before you end up just like your parents." When a growl came from Derek's mouth, Matt turned to look at the Alpha werewolf. "Aw, it must suck, Derek. Having all that power taken away with a simple cut on the neck. You must not be used to feeling so helpless." 

        "I've still got some teeth," Derek spit out towards Matt. He could only move his eyes so far to see that Sage was still being held by the Kanima, Scott standing in the corner looking between the two boys on the floor to the blonde in captivity. Derek could do nothing to help Sage when he was like this, so his threats would have to work. "Come down here a little closer and we'll see how helpless I am." 

        "Yeah, bitch," Stiles croaked out. From where he was, he couldn't see anything besides the tile floor. This also meant he didn't notice the flashing of lights for the second time that night as another car pulled up. Sage swallowed hard, struggling in Jackson's grip to try and break free to no avail. Melissa was finally here, there was no one else that would come. Scott's face broke out into sheer terror as everything started to fall apart. 

        Matt got up from his crouch near Stiles and Derek. "Is that her?" He wondered. The look on Scott's face was enough confirmation though. "Do what I tell you and I won't hurt her. I won't even let Jackson near her." 

        Sage shook her head towards Scott, trying to get him not to do it but Jackson's grip only tightened on her. Stiles had the same idea, trying to convince his best friend. "Scott, don't trust him!" Although this only backfired as Matt lit up with rage again, grabbing her boyfriend by the back of his shirt and lifting him off Derek. As soon as Stiles was flat on his back, Matt's foot was brought up to his throat. Immediately, Sage could feel her air cutting off and clawed at her neck, all while wishing she could scream for Matt to stop. 

        "Stop it!" Scott pleaded, glancing in between Sage who was going slack in Jackson's arms to Stiles, who's eyes were bugging out as he was deprived of air. "I'll do what you want, just stop!" 

        Matt frowned deeply before removing his foot from Stiles' throat. He also nodded towards the Kanima who let go of the blonde, only for her to fall down onto her knees beside Stiles. While she struggled to catch her own breath, he looked just as bad as she did, possibly worse. She huffed out, wishing there was something she could do to help him, but there wasn't. Stiles' hand twitched, aching to grab a hold of her's but it was no use. 

        "You, take them in there," Matt suddenly ordered, and Sage looked up from her place on the ground to see that they were being directed at Jackson, who just stared void at the boy. She felt sick watching it, wishing there was some way she could help Jackson. It was no use though, he was gone. Matt, then, turned towards her and roughly grabbed her bicep, tugging her off the floor. "You and McCall are coming with me." 

        He only let go of her when they were out in the hallway. Scott immediately grabbed a hold of her, tugging her behind him to try and keep her as far away from the murderer as possible. Of all the people in the station, she was the most likely to end up injured. Not only because of her abilities but because of the infatuation Matt had with her. It was the biggest example of, 'If I can't have you, no one can.' and Scott wasn't taking the chance of her being hurt. Stiles would never forgive him, and he would never forgive himself. 

        When they reached the end of the hallway, the first thing they saw was the back of a curly, brunette. Sage's grip on the back of Scott's shirt tightened, not even able to imagine what he was feeling right now. Matt forced them forward, Sage now directly next to Scott as they had the gun facing their backs, visible for Melissa to see. Scott gulped before calling out, "Mom?" 

        "Oh, you scared me. Where is everyo—" Her words were cut short as she saw the situation before her. Her eyes met with the two teenagers, noticing that Sage was struggling to keep herself together while Scott was silently praying Matt kept his promise not hurt her. 

        Before she could ask him any questions, Scott tried to assure her that everything would be alright. "Mom, do what he says. He promised he wouldn't hurt you." Both the blonde girl and the teen wolf moved to make sure that Matt was agreeing with this. He was, his head bobbing back and forth as he grinned. 

        "He's right," Matt acknowledged before aiming the gun down. What wasn't expected was for a gunshot to be fired at Scott and a round to go into his side. It was like a domino effect, because the second Scott fell to the ground, Sage let out a cry in pain as she dropped down next to him. She had tolerance for impalements and arrow wounds, but not bullets. She didn't do bullets. Choking out, she faintly heard Melissa's screeches in horror at seeing her son. Sage honestly didn't know how she was supposed to explain why she's hurt too without giving up the secret. "So that's how it works." 

        "Scott? Stiles! What happened? Sage!" A voice rang through the station and Sage knew that it was the Sheriff shouting from the holding room. Sage flinched when there was another searing string of pain coming from her side, but focused more on Scott. Struggling, she brought her hands over to his wound to try and stop the bleeding. The quicker he healed, the faster they would both get better. 

        Her once white dress is now stained with Scott's blood, and she was feeling flashbacks from formal, the last time she ever wore a dress. Only this time, it wasn't her own blood and she wasn't wearing red. The dress was never going to be worn again, and she tried to distract herself by imagining all of the ways Lydia is going to kill her when she sees it. It helped only until Matt started to scream for everyone to shut up, having heard the screams of Melissa and Sage to Sheriff and Scott. 

        When Melissa stepped forward to help her son, Matt growled. "Get back!"

        "Just do what he says, Mom," Scott moaned out. 

        "Scott," Melissa croaked out, looking between Sage and Scott. Sage turned her head, trying not to move her side to much for it still felt like someone was repeatedly stabbing her, tried to give Melissa a small smile in reassurance although it turned into a grimace. Scott's mom didn't know that he was healing, she doesn't know that he'll be okay after a few hours. She doesn't know. 

      "Stop, Mom," Scott begged when he noticed his mom took another step forward.

        Matt grew even more infuriated. "I said, get back!"

        She did as told, stepping back even though every fiber in her body was telling her to run for her son. From the holding room, Sheriff was struggling to get out of the handcuffs that Stiles had been forced to shove on him. It was no use though, and he was left sending threats to Matt through walls. "Matt, Matt, you listen to me! I—" 

        "Shut up, shut up! Everybody just shut the hell up!" Matt snarled as he gripped his head. He moved to look at Scott and Sage. "Connelly, McCall, both of you get the hell up or I shoot her next." 

        Immediately, both teenagers got up from the ground. Sage clutched tightly onto the wall while Scott had trouble keeping upright, forced to use the bench as his support beam. Matt wasn't the slightest bit sympathetic as he shoved them forward, keeping Melissa away from her son. The Sheriff was still shouting, but it was dull as the sound of Sage's heart beat rang through her ears. Scott's blood was smeared on her hands, his blood was staining her skin and this wasn't the first time that a friend's blood had been on her. Lydia during formal, Derek when Peter clawed at him, and all of the times before. How long was it going to be before the blood stopped? 

        Matt lead them into the holding room where Sheriff immediately began to protest after seeing the blood on Scott's shirt. It didn't take a genius to know that he was the one shot; with Melissa's sobbing, the ringing of a gun just a few minutes before, and the overwhelming portion of crimson red all over Sage and Scott, hypothesizing that there was a hole in the werewolf's hip wasn't exactly preposterous thinking. So while Scott leaned against the side of the wall, watching helpless as Matt locked his mother into the holding cell, Sage tried desperately to rub off the blood on her dress. 

        "Please, he needs to see a doctor," Melissa begged, her mascara smudged all along her face as tears mixed with the product. She didn't want to tempt Matt any further but she knew her son would die if not given the proper treatment. 

        Matt's eyebrows raised. "You think so?"

         Sheriff rose from his seat, pointing a finger at Matt. He was furious at this point, although more so terrified because he didn't know where Stiles was. His biggest concern right now was Scott, and trying to get Matt to stop the homicidal mission he was on. "Hey, hey, you listen to me—" 

        "It's alright!" Scott interrupted, leaning on both Sage and the wall for support. He could already feel his body healing which meant by the time any real help came for them, it would be too late and he would already be in full recovery. "I'm okay." 

        "No," His mom disagreed, shaking her head as her lip curled back in horror. "No, honey. You're not okay." 

        "It doesn't hurt, Mom." 

        She couldn't stop herself from trembling as she spoke. "That's the adrenaline." Turning towards Matt, she pleaded, "Please let me... let me just take a look at him, okay? I mean, I can stop the bleeding—" 

        "They have no idea, do they?" Matt exclaimed, turning to look at the two supernatural creatures in the room. Both of them shot their heads up, trying to stop Matt before he said to much and endangered them more. As soon as Melissa started to plead again, he snapped and turned toward her. "Shut up, shut up, shut up. Shut. Up. Lady, if you keep talking, I'm going to put the next bullet to his head, and then her's." 

        "Okay, okay," Melissa agreed, giving her son and Sage one more glance before nodding. She wasn't going to risk their lives any more. He had a better chance of surviving with a bullet wound to his side than an instantaneous death to the head. 

        "McCall, Connelly, back to the front." 

♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ 

        n.e. sorry, it sucks. 

        Basically, I'm so done with this episode. Mostly because I've already written two chapters on it and I still have seventeen minutes left. These last three episodes of the season are biting my ass and I've literally found no motivation to write them aside from the fact that Sage is almost finished and the sequel is going to be up soon. I'm hoping I get done by the end of the month, but who knows. The only reason I was able to write today is because I'm sick and couldn't go to school. 

        Like I was saying before, I'm sorry this chapter sucks. But Sage hit 250K (I don't believe it, I honestly had a spaz attack when I noticed), and I don't even know why you guys read this story. I think it sucks, but I honestly promise that it will get better in the next seasons because I already have a story line planned out. Season two is extremely sloppy to write because I didn't really have any character line for her considering she couldn't really do much. Season one was all about character developement and the issues with her abilities. All we found out in season two is that she's an Altor, something happened with her mom, she's Aiden's ex, Stage finally got together, and she's got an infatuation with trying to save everyone to try and avenge her family.

         I'm ready for season three because we get to see more of Sage as an individual rather than just Derek's best friend or Stiles' love interest. But yay, woop woop. I really hope this book ends with forty chapters because I only have the tolerance to write six more of them. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 495 15
"New year, new us..." Diana rolled her eyes as she turned to look at Lydia from her place in the passenger's seat of her best friend's car. "New you...
1.3M 33.2K 26
"When will you learn that being a so-called 'rebel' won't get you anywhere?" "It got me here, didn't it?" Rebecca McCall is finally coming home after...
27.9K 841 46
"Look, I get it. You probably think I'm a total weirdo now. Just please, don't tell anyone. Including Scott." Stiles moved to sit next to her and gra...
400K 10.8K 49
Carver Williams isn't scared of many things. One of those fears, however, she didn't think were true. The mere thought of werewolves and the supernat...