ANCHOR。 DIEGO HARGREEVES

By overture-

❝ oh, you haven't heard? damaged people thrive when side by side. ❞ in which the amateur magician and the int... More

。 anchor
。 graphic gallery
。 trailer
00.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.

01.

16.3K 723 226
By overture-

ONE; A DUMBASS, HER OLDER SISTER AND THE PARAMEDIC

THREE MONTHS LATER

"I saw a video of you on the television the other day," Alicia Nilsson said, sipping from her coffee mug, her eyebrows raised a little. Sabrina sat the other side of the kitchen counter, a sheepish smile on her face. Her older sister cleared her throat, as if expecting her to say something. "I thought you said you were going to stop with all this magician crap. Especially since you're up for that promotion at work."

"It's just a hobby," Sabrina insisted, throwing her head back dramatically. She then squeaked in shock as she knocked her hot chocolate onto the floor, the mug shattering once it hit the tile. "Oops."

"You know, for someone with a sense of danger, you'd think you'd stay as far away from anything in your own vicinity," Alicia sighed, watching as the brunette shot from her chair and began to pick up the jagged shards of porcelain, swearing under her breath. "Hey, don't forget Jack's home, try to keep the language to a minimum."

"Sorry," Sabrina muttered, before accidentally slicing open her thumb. "Shit!"

"Brie, you're such an idiot," Alicia groaned, jumping up and rushing to get the first aid kit. "How am I supposed to keep you safe when I'm in Australia and you're...you?"

"Thanks, asshole," Sabrina scoffed, before yelping as her exposed knee scraped against one of the larger broken pieces. "Fuck me!"

"Oh for God's sake!" Alicia yelled from the next room over. "Shut up! Jack likes to repeat stuff!"

"I'm fine, thank you for your concern!" Sabrina called back, falling onto her backside, and trying to figure out which injured part of her body to cradle. "Hey, isn't your neighbour a doctor or something?"

"He's a paramedic, and I don't want to bother him," Alicia's voice grew in volume as she turned the corner, only to see her sister, covered in blood. Unfortunately, it wasn't an uncommon sight. The older woman exhaled, her face growing red in annoyance. "I'll go get him. Make sure Jack stays in the family room."

"How am I supposed to do that?" Sabrina responded over her shoulder, but she was cut off by the front door slamming shut. The woman sighed, tilting her head back and clenching her jaw. All this over a video. 

Shit, the video. 

"Hey, Jack!" Sabrina called out, hoping her six year-old nephew would hear her and come running. "Can you do me a quick favour?"

"Sure, Aunt Brie!" a bright, high-pitched voice quipped in response, before the patter of footsteps came around the corner. 

Before he could enter the room, Sabrina glanced around her and then looked down at her reflection in the kitchen tile. "What's your wildest dream?"

Jack came barrelling into the kitchen with the television remote in his hands and a broad grin on his face. It was as if hardly anything out of the ordinary had happened. There was no blood or gore, only a young woman on the ground holding her leg a little awkwardly. "Why are you on the floor Aunt Brie?"

"I fell over," Sabrina chuckled lightly, before tilting her head curiously and gritting her teeth through the pain. "Jack, did you see a video of me on TV the other night?"

Jack lit up, nodding quickly. "Yeah! You were doing all those really cool magic tricks like you do for my birthday! Except people were getting mad at you cause they thought you were stealing all their money. I know you weren't though, cause you always make sure only some people can see your tricks."

"That sounds about right," Sabrina muttered, before smiling up at her nephew. "Thanks, pal. I'll catch you later, alright?"

Jack grinned, before running back into the next room just as the front door opened once more. "Did I just see Jack?"

"Nope," Sabrina responded easily, looking up and trying to see over the tall counter. It was Alicia and her neighbour, Alfie, who had a more advanced medical kit in his apartment due to his career. "Hey, Alfie. How's it?"

"It's fine," the Scotsman responded, smiling a little at her light attitude. Not many could make small talk whilst bleeding from numerous places. "Got yourself into a bit of a tumble? This isn't the first time I've had to patch you up."

"Maybe we should get her one of those inflatable safety suits so she doesn't hurt herself from walking into everything," Alicia quirked an eyebrow, to which Sabrina stuck her tongue out. "It's a good thing Jack's staying with his dad when I'm working next week, you'd probably get the poor boy in a full body cast alongside yourself."

"I have feelings, you know," Sabrina shot back, and Alicia smiled in amusement. The woman then sharply inhaled as Alfie pulled out a little piece of porcelain from the cut on her knee with a pair of tweezers. 

"You're lucky these aren't deep, otherwise you'd need stitches," Alfie hummed as he put some rubbing alcohol on a piece of gauze, wiping down the blood to limit infection. "Perhaps you should stick to paper cups?"

Sabrina scoffed a little in reply. 

The three adults sat in silence for the next ten minutes as Alfie continued to patch the woman up, while Alicia started mending the mess that had been made. Sabrina watched patiently as the auburn haired man finished bandaged her hand. "How's your love life at the moment, Alfie?"

"Same as always," Alfie responded with an entertained smile. "Nonexistent."

"What about that guy I saw you with a few weeks ago?" Sabrina nudged him a little, watching as the man went a little red. "He seemed cool."

"He's just a friend that I help out every once in a while," Alfie chuckled, shaking his head before looking up and meeting her eyes. "No need to worry yourself about it, love."

Sabrina liked Alfie. He was always so nice to her, even when she was being a bit of prick. Well, to be fair, they only really spoke when she was injured or drunk, meaning she wasn't always in the right frame of mind. He took care of her though, and never made her feel stupid, not like Alicia sometimes did. It wasn't her fault she was a bit uncoordinated from time to time. 

"All done," Alfie grinned, patting her knee softly and pushing himself up, before reaching out his hand for her to take. Sabrina took it and grimaced a little as her knee straightened up, though she shrugged it off. She'd been through worse. "There we go, what a trooper."

"You're my hero, Alfie Owens," Sabrina smiled up at the Scot, who chuckled and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I hope you find someone who's as good to you as you are to everyone else."

"Thank you, my dear," Alfie responded kindly, before looking up at Alicia and quirking his brow. "Are you still alright for dinner tomorrow night? Jack wants me to make fish fingers."

"Aren't those just defrosted from the freezer?" Sabrina began, but Alfie nudged her a little. The brunette went silent, before making an 'ahh' sound. "Lazy cooking. Got it."

Alfie winked, before leaning forward and squinting a little. "Where'd you get that scar?"

"Oh, this?" Sabrina's hand flew up to her hairline, where there was a pinkish scar reaching her right eyebrow. Alicia froze behind her, her eyes wide. Sabrina forced a smile and shrugged. "I tripped and hit my head when I was a kid. Lucky it wasn't as bad as it could've been, it only needed a little TLC, but I've still got the reminder that it happened."

"If it's any consolation, it makes you look like a badass," Alfie commented, to which Sabrina beamed. 

"This is why I like you better than I like my sister," the woman responded, hearing Alicia scoff from behind them. "Thanks for patching me up, Alfie. I really appreciate it."

"Not at all, Brie," Alfie patted the short woman on the head, before reaching down to pick up his first aid kit. "I'll see you both a bit later on, yeah? Enjoy the rest of your day."

"Bye, Alfie!" The two sisters chimed, and once the front door closed once more, Sabrina turned to face Alicia. She reached for her backpack on the counter and checked the clock on the wall. 

"My shift starts soon, I should probably be off as well," she muttered, and Alicia nodded, standing up and placing the remnants of the mug in the sink. She would then wrap them in newspaper and throw them out, but that could be done later. Sabrina never said it enough, but she was so incredibly grateful for her sister. There was nothing they wouldn't do for each other, but at the moment it seemed like Alicia was far more capable in taking care of everything. "Sorry about the..."

"It's fine, Brie," the older woman smiled and brushed off the comment. "I really don't mind. It's always nice when you pop into visit. Jack adores you."

Sabrina felt her heart rise at that. She truly loved her nephew, he was such a precious little gem that was yet to be exposed to the horrors of the real world, and all she wanted was for him to live a long, happy life. "He's a good kid. You did a great job."

"Thanks," Alicia responded, stepping over to hug Sabrina, before pulling a face once she saw the woman's blood-stained hands. "Maybe you should-"

Sabrina glanced down and her eyes widened. "Yeah, that's a good idea."

★☆

uhh let me know what you thought?? honestly i love sabrina,, and i tried to make the sisterly relationship as real as possible so we'll see how that pans out

also alfie is the oc from my new klaus hargreeves book and i love him so why not include him lol xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 6.9K 26
in which number eight spent her life unnoticed and hidden until the day when her father's death happens. ❪ the umbrella academy ❫ ❪ season num...
324K 10.4K 54
𝐌𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀𝐂 | ❝pleasure is the sweetest when it's paid for by another's pain.❞ - in which eight hargreeves starts to go crazy after losi...
559 31 19
-- 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄...
548 45 29
S2 Of Umbrella Academy🌹🔥 |Part 2 of Fire and Flame| Siblings live their own lives in the 60s and then there's an upcoming apocalypse. Shit. SAME WE...